2023 NFL Coaches Hot Seat Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Re: 2023 NFL Coaches Hot Seat Thread

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:08 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:54 am

Wait, why cherry pick the timeline then? We're talking about the facts here. 24 out of 524. You think only 24 have been qualified in the leagues history?
What are the numbers since 2000? We know that prior to 2000, it was dominated by white coaches. As I said, that's a totally different era and generation. I'm more focused on the present.

Again, you're trying to say that black head coaches should get jobs because the numbers look bad. You could care less if they're qualified or not. I'm saying a black person should get a head coach only if they are the best candidate for the job.

I'm surprised you're not arguing that the NBA should have more white coaches. But God forbid you argue for the other race.
So there was a disparity in coaching hires but it ended in 2000...The cutoff?

And this is an NFL COACHES HOTSEAT THREAD. Unlike you I'm smart enough to know that means NFL COACHES and I don't have to deflect to another group when the heat gets turned up. If you want to discuss NBA coaching hires, create a thread and we can discuss, although I'm sure you'll turn it to MLB manager hires midway through when it gets too hot.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:12 am bootz loves DEI and affirmative action.

But he won’t apply it to the players on the field. Wonder why that is…
Whitey is making the decisions. Again, why aren't they drafting more white players?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:14 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:12 am bootz loves DEI and affirmative action.

But he won’t apply it to the players on the field. Wonder why that is…
Whitey is making the decisions. Again, why aren't they drafting more white players?
Clearly the white decision makers are NOT racist. LOL!!

Doesn’t answer the question though. Why are you okay with affirmative action everywhere except the players on the field?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:15 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:14 am

Doesn’t answer the question though. Why are you okay with affirmative action everywhere except the players on the field?
Never said I was. It doesn't answer why whitey isn't drafting more white players though....Anyone can play football.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:13 am
Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:08 am

What are the numbers since 2000? We know that prior to 2000, it was dominated by white coaches. As I said, that's a totally different era and generation. I'm more focused on the present.

Again, you're trying to say that black head coaches should get jobs because the numbers look bad. You could care less if they're qualified or not. I'm saying a black person should get a head coach only if they are the best candidate for the job.

I'm surprised you're not arguing that the NBA should have more white coaches. But God forbid you argue for the other race.

And this is an NFL COACHES HOTSEAT THREAD. Unlike you I'm smart enough to know that means NFL COACHES and I don't have to deflect to another group when the heat gets turned up. If you want to discuss NBA coaching hires, create a thread and we can discuss, although I'm sure you'll turn it to MLB manager hires midway through when it gets too hot.
Prior to 2000, it was a totally different generation. Black coaches were rare in any sport, even the NBA. Times have changed. Numbers may not be 50/50 or 100/0 (in favor of blacks) like you want it to be since then, but it's not 0/100, either. They've gotten more consideration and interviews over time.

Again, the difference between you and me is you want to make everything about race. You want to cry prejudice and unfairness and numbers and all that garbage. You want more black head coaches just so it makes the numbers look better. You would rather hire Raheem Morris over Jim Harbaugh because of the color of his skin, not the quality of his coaching. I'm sorry, but I'm the other guy. I want the best coach, regardless of color. Give me Tony Dungy over almost any coach in the league, black or white. And give me Pete Carroll over the current trainwreck we have in there now.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:21 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:13 am

Prior to 2000, it was a totally different generation. Black coaches were rare in any sport, even the NBA. Times have changed. Numbers may not be 50/50 or 100/0 (in favor of blacks) like you want it to be since then, but it's not 0/100, either. They've gotten more consideration and interviews over time.

Again, the difference between you and me is you want to make everything about race. You want to cry prejudice and unfairness and numbers and all that garbage. You want more black head coaches just so it makes the numbers look better. You would rather hire Raheem Morris over Jim Harbaugh because of the color of his skin, not the quality of his coaching. I'm sorry, but I'm the other guy. I want the best coach, regardless of color. Give me Tony Dungy over almost any coach in the league, black or white. And give me Pete Carroll over the current trainwreck we have in there now.
"Times have changed". So NOW teams hire based off of merit and not race like they use to prior to 2000, right?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Falcons requested permission to interview Rams’ defensive coordinator Raheem Morris, per source. Morris was the Falcons’ interim HC for 11 games in 2020. He also has gotten requests to interview for the Chargers. Commanders and Panthers HC jobs.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

This thread is about what again?

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:27 am This thread is about what again?

Being grateful for colonization, what the white man has given, demographic percentages applying to only a select employment opportunities and uh oh, going back to where "we" came from.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:17 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:15 am

Never said I was. It doesn't answer why whitey isn't drafting more white players though....Anyone can play football.
Can everyone play football at an elite level at equal rates?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:46 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:17 am

I guess the answer is yes, right? Otherwise why would you wonder why there aren't more white players....
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:49 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:46 am

I guess the answer is yes, right? Otherwise why would you wonder why there aren't more white players....
Of course they can’t. Which is why I would never be genuinely upset that there aren’t more white basketball or football players in pro leagues.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:50 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:49 am

Of course they can’t. Which is why I would never be genuinely upset that there aren’t more white basketball or football players in pro leagues.
Yet you asked anyway......
Snake

Post by Snake »

There are differences between people. Anthropometry, genetics, experiences, culture. Some things make people better suited for certain professions.

It doesn’t mean you exclude anybody on the *basis* of race. It may mean that certain people who happen to be members of certain races possess characteristics that check certain boxes at a higher frequency.

How many white cornerbacks since Jason Sehorn? Do we really need to talk about why that’s the case, or is it self evident? I’ve seen hundreds of white cornerbacks play high school football. And I’m sure there’s thousands and thousands of them who do. Why aren’t they playing cornerback in the NFL? Why is it 99.9% black?
Last edited by Snake on Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Sounds like the deal is done. Hoodie is out in New England.

Has there ever been such a dramatic changing of the old guard? You have arguably the beat college coach and NFL coach of all time leaving their teams in the span of a few days. Add in another Hall of Fame candidate coach in Pete Carrol and you have one interesting offseason
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:54 am There are differences between people. Anthropometry, genetics, experiences, culture. Some things make people better suited for certain professions.

It doesn’t mean you exclude anybody on the *basis* of race. It may mean that certain people who happen to be members of certain races possess characteristics that check certain boxes at a higher frequency.

How many white cornerbacks since Jason Sehorn? Do we really need to talk about why that’s the case or is it self evident?
You seem comfortable with being ambiguous instead of intentional. For obvious reasoning.

If the pool of candidates is say 60/40, is it just a coincidence the selections don't reflect the pool?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Why are cornerbacks 99.99% black in the NFL?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:58 am Why are cornerbacks 99.99% black in the NFL?
Ask. Whitey. Why aren't they selecting more white corners in the draft?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:59 am
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:58 am Why are cornerbacks 99.99% black in the NFL?
You won’t answer the question because you know where this is going, and it really just destroys your entire argument.

Continue to enjoy the benefits of colonialism.

Best regards.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:00 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:59 am

You won’t answer the question because you know where this is going, and it really just destroys your entire argument.

Best regards.
The answer is because whitey isn't selecting more in the draft. Or do you have another answer?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:02 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:00 pm

Best regards.
The answer is because whitey isn't selecting more in the draft. Or do you have another answer?
Yeah, why is Whitey selecting 99.99% blacks at the cornerback position?

Is it because he’s a racist?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:03 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:02 pm

Well that would depend on the pool of candidates, would it not? Or do you think whitey should do like he's always done and forced others into doing things?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:05 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:03 pm

Well that would depend on the pool of candidates, would it not? Or do you think whitey should do like he's always done and forced others into doing things?
Why is the pool of draftable CB candidates 99.99% black? Do you think it’s not for a lack of trying? there’s thousands and thousands of white kids playing cornerback in high school and trying to go division one. The same way There’s hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of white kids playing high school basketball. Why do they end up composing a fraction of the NBA’s player population despite being the vast majority of the country?

is it possible that Black people are just better athletes in these particular athletic endeavors?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:09 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:05 pm

Why is the pool of draftable CB candidates 99.99% black? Do you think it’s not for a lack of trying? there’s thousands and thousands of white kids playing cornerback in high school and trying to go division one. The same way There’s hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of white kids playing high school basketball. Why do they end up composing a fraction of the NBA’s player population despite being the vast majority of the country?

is it possible that Black people are just better athletes in these particular athletic endeavors?
I don't know that the pool is 99.99%. Do you have data to support that?

Is it possible that black people are better athletes? Again, do you have data?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:12 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:09 pm

Depends what you mean by athletics. A 5000m runner is going to be advantaged with particular characteristics compared to 100m sprinter. Look at the physique differences.

As it pertains to football and basketball, which is the current matter of discussion. Two sports that bias towards explosive, anaerobic movement. There have been studies that show West Africans have a higher explosive output than European counterparts. West Africans also composing the population of early American slaves and their respective descendants in the United States.

It’s not that big of a bridge to cross. The proof is in the pudding too.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:22 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:12 pm

Depends what you mean by athletics. A 5000m runner is going to be advantaged with particular characteristics compared to 100m sprinter. Look at the physique differences.

As it pertains to football and basketball, which is the current matter of discussion. Two sports that bias towards explosive, anaerobic movement. There have been studies that show West Africans have a higher explosive output than European counterparts. West Africans also composing the population of early American slaves and their respective descendants in the United States.

It’s not that big of a bridge to cross. The proof is in the pudding too.
You keep moving the goal posts.

There's obviously a reason you and others have tried to shift the discussion from HC hires as it relates to black men to Asians, Hispanics, women, players, corners, basketball, population demographics, "athletics".

As it relates here, the question was simple. Do you have data that supports your position that 99.99% of the CB pool in football is black. You pivoted because you know you can't answer it. It's cowardly without a question. But more importantly it shows a lack of intellect here and it goes back to you liar as well.

So, even though this has gone far past the initial issue, answer the question or admit you cant. Do you have data to support your position that 99.99% of the CB pool is black?
Snake

Post by Snake »

You’re referring to every cornerback who is draft eligible on the given year and whether or not 99.99% of them are black?

To be clear.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:29 pm You’re referring to every cornerback who is draft eligible on the given year and whether or not 99.99% of them are black?

To be clear.
Yes. The question you asked. It's not that hard.

DO YOU HAVE DATA TO SUPPORT YOUR POSITION THAT 99.99% OF THE POOL IS BLACK, YES OR NO?

Tell me which word you don't understand and I'll explain.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:33 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:29 pm You’re referring to every cornerback who is draft eligible on the given year and whether or not 99.99% of them are black?

To be clear.

DO YOU HAVE DATA TO SUPPORT YOUR POSITION THAT 99.99% OF THE POOL IS BLACK, YES OR NO?

I went through 133 D1 football teams and they average less than one white cornerback per team. More like 1 every 3 teams. You’re free to do the same activity.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:12 pm Is it possible that black people are better athletes? Again, do you have data?
We are not supposed to make racially based generalizations like that. Please don't keep this line of conversation going.
Snake

Post by Snake »

At the end of the day, 99.99% of NFL cornerbacks are black because they are that much better at meeting the needs of the position.

It’s not because Whitey randomly decides that he doesn’t want to play cornerback but loves to play linebacker.

Blacks anatomically have a way better chance of performing the activity at a high level.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:33 pm

I went through 133 D1 football teams and they average less than one white cornerback per team. More like 1 every 3 teams. You’re free to do the same activity.
I never made that claim so why would I do any activity?
Snake

Post by Snake »

13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:37 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:12 pm Is it possible that black people are better athletes? Again, do you have data?
We are not supposed to make racially based generalizations like that. Please don't keep this line of conversation going.
That’s the thing though. When they make everything about race, especially hiring practices and representation issues. It begs questions that at the end of the day, they don’t want to answer.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Snake wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:40 pm
13F11B wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:37 pm

That’s the thing though. When they make everything about race, especially hiring practices and representation issues. It begs questions that at the end of the day, they don’t want to answer.
I understand that. People promoting the 'cause' will isolate the one case that they feel is an issue and do not want to look at the whole. Same thing with feminism... they want all the benefits, but not the drawbacks. example: I have not seen a single feminist organization demand that women be required to register for the draft.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Black people don’t like the pool. No way it’s 99% full of them.