Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Indianapolis Colts Official Game Day Thread: Thanksgiving Weekend Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buccabeer

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Indianapolis Colts Official Game Day Thread: Thanksgiving Weekend Edition

Post by Buccabeer »

Here's the simple truth, Baker cannot Win Football games unless the other Team hands it to the Bucs or somehow the Bowles led Defense gives up less than 17 points. Sitting here today, I have no idea if Trask can do the Same, Better, or Worse. At 4-7 you figure out that conundrum because Teams are not going to hand us the game and Bowles Defense sucks!
acmillis

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Indianapolis Colts Official Game Day Thread: Thanksgiving Weekend Edition

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:14 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:04 pm

So you’re saying a qb prospect drafted in the second round was drafted for a reason, not just because, “well, he might not suck”
Classic Shooz, counter arguing against yourself
Absolutely. You speak as if scouting is some trivial hobby.
But according to you, Trask, a second round pick, sucks, although he has been given zero chance to play…..so…which is it?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:38 pm

But according to you, Trask, a second round pick, sucks, although he has been given zero chance to play…..so…which is it?
I assume you haven't seen him play.
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:04 pm

So you’re saying a qb prospect drafted in the second round was drafted for a reason, not just because, “well, he might not suck”
Classic Shooz, counter arguing against yourself
I mean it's up there with weatherman and vice president.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:43 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:38 pm

NOBODY HAS
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:00 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:43 pm

NOBODY HAS

So you're saying this is AI?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:03 pm

NOBODY HAS

This is rich.
I’m saying preseason is t enough to judge a player by, and your motioning your knees still saying Justin Fields isn’t ass.

Never change.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:05 pm

This is rich.
I’m saying preseason is t enough to judge a player by, and your motioning your knees still saying Justin Fields isn’t ass.

Never change.
Justin Fields?!?! Did he touch you or something? You go out of your way to bring him up or when you run out of talking points you bring him up out of nowhere.

No what you said in response to me saying "I assume you haven't seen him play" IS "NOBODY HAS". That doesn't sound like "preseason isn't enough".

Keep moving the goal posts, kiddo.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:09 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:05 pm

This is rich.

Never change.
Justin Fields?!?! Did he touch you or something? You go out of your way to bring him up or when you run out of talking points you bring him up out of nowhere.

No what you said in response to me saying "I assume you haven't seen him play" IS "NOBODY HAS". That doesn't sound like "preseason isn't enough".

So you’re saying preseason is enough to judge a player by?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:13 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:09 pm

1? No.

Multiple? Yes. Especially when you notice a trend of there being very little development. The Bucs coaching staff concurs as they've seen more of him than any of us.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:23 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:13 pm

1? No.

Multiple? Yes. Especially when you notice a trend of there being very little development. The Bucs coaching staff concurs as they've seen more of him than any of us.
So then a player not progressing in meaningful, regular season games should not keep his job, right?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:25 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:23 pm

1? No.

So then a player not progressing in meaningful, regular season games should not keep his job, right?
Provided there's someone there to replace him who is showing progression. Or are you of the mind that it's okay to reward players when they haven't earned it?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

NOBODY HAS

I think people meant WITH STARTERS, AGAINST STARTERS. I specifically said that, but I think others imply that.
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

White, JTS, CD3, Dean all have been taking bad angles, overrunning or some stupid technique issue. Is it the coaching, the player, I just don’t get how these guys are the experienced bunch and still make these stupid mistakes.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:51 pm White, JTS, CD3, Dean all have been taking bad angles, overrunning or some stupid technique issue. Is it the coaching, the player, I just don’t get how these guys are the experienced bunch and still make these stupid mistakes.
Coaching.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

@Bootz wants Baker to be re-signed to a 5 year contract. That is the only conclusion that can be drawn from all of his posts. I understand he hasn't outright said that. But why else would he keep telling us something no one has argued against: That Trask is/could be worse than Mayfield. If you think he is that terrible, to where all our genuis coaches are hesitant to ever give him a chance over a very average starter in a losing season, why would he have a roster spot?
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:51 pm White, JTS, CD3, Dean all have been taking bad angles, overrunning or some stupid technique issue. Is it the coaching, the player, I just don’t get how these guys are the experienced bunch and still make these stupid mistakes.
Well JTS just flat out stinks. 0.001% world class athlete and football player but not at the NFL level
Snake

Post by Snake »

These Are The Days wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:37 pm
Well JTS just flat out stinks. 0.001% world class athlete and football player but not at the NFL level
I’ll never forget an interview the media did with Gronk in training camp, OTAs, whatever.

“Wow gronk, have you seen this rookie, Joe Tryon? Crazy physique. Looks amazing.”

Gronk was like…”yeah, everyone looks great. Let’s wait until we actually put the pads on, because this stuff changes when you do.”

How right he was.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:24 pm @Bootz wants Baker to be re-signed to a 5 year contract. That is the only conclusion that can be drawn from all of his posts. I understand he hasn't outright said that. But why else would he keep telling us something no one has argued against: That Trask is/could be worse than Mayfield. If you think he is that terrible, to where all our genuis coaches are hesitant to ever give him a chance over a very average starter in a losing season, why would he have a roster spot?
That's a question for the team that could've named him starter and said "nah, we like Baker Mayfield more".

By your ridiculous logic here the Bucs organization want to sign him to a 5 year extension. You do realize that's what you're saying, right? Because I don't make decisions for the Bucs so Mayfield playing isn't my choice.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Buccabeer wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:27 pm Here's the simple truth, Baker cannot Win Football games unless the other Team hands it to the Bucs or somehow the Bowles led Defense gives up less than 17 points. Sitting here today, I have no idea if Trask can do the Same, Better, or Worse. At 4-7 you figure out that conundrum because Teams are not going to hand us the game and Bowles Defense sucks!
No, it's because they were mean to him in Cleveland and he had the sun in his eyes in Carolina and he never got used to Pacific Time with the Rams. Him turning out to be EXACTLY THE SAME QUARTERBACK HE'S ALWAYS BEEN is just a fluke.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:12 am
Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:24 pm @Bootz wants Baker to be re-signed to a 5 year contract. That is the only conclusion that can be drawn from all of his posts. I understand he hasn't outright said that. But why else would he keep telling us something no one has argued against: That Trask is/could be worse than Mayfield. If you think he is that terrible, to where all our genuis coaches are hesitant to ever give him a chance over a very average starter in a losing season, why would he have a roster spot?
That's a question for the team that could've named him starter and said "nah, we like Baker Mayfield more".

By your ridiculous logic here the Bucs organization want to sign him to a 5 year extension. You do realize that's what you're saying, right? Because I don't make decisions for the Bucs so Mayfield playing isn't my choice.
Exactly, it isn't any of our choice either. So why the hell do you feel the need to keep telling people around here that the coaches don't see it the way us on the board are? It is the emptiest of posts and by your ridiculous logic there is no need to even post around here criticizing the Coaches on anything, because they know more than us.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:43 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:12 am

Exactly, it isn't any of our choice either. So why the hell do you feel the need to keep telling people around here that the coaches don't see it the way us on the board are? It is the emptiest of posts and by your ridiculous logic there is no need to even post around here criticizing the Coaches on anything, because they know more than us.
Isn't that exactly what everyone is doing here? Or am I the only one? This after all is a message board.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:59 am
Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:43 am

Isn't that exactly what everyone is doing here? Or am I the only one? This after all is a message board.
You generally engage in pompous talk of telling people how their opinion is less valuable than that of coaches coaching the team, because they are more knowledgeable. You pull the argument to authority card to not question the coaches decision on something. At least Doctor genuinely sees positive in everything he defends and I can respect that. You argue just for the sake of arguing like a contrarian. Are you that bored with your life?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:33 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:59 am

You generally engage in pompous talk of telling people how their opinion is less valuable than that of coaches coaching the team, because they are more knowledgeable. You pull the argument to authority card to not question the coaches decision on something. At least Doctor genuinely sees positive in everything he defends and I can respect that. You argue just for the sake of arguing like a contrarian. Are you that bored with your life?
You weren't talking "in general" here. You were very specific. Don't back track now. Where did I say as much, and am I the only one who engages in such talk?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'd be lying is I said I wasn't Traskcurious. I have been for a long time.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:44 am I'd be lying is I said I wasn't Traskcurious. I have been for a long time.
I think Baker is getting an MRI on the ankle today. Pretty good chance he "needs a week or two to get it healthy."
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:59 am
Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:44 am I'd be lying is I said I wasn't Traskcurious. I have been for a long time.
I think Baker is getting an MRI on the ankle today. Pretty good chance he "needs a week or two to get it healthy."
I've never wanted an IR stint so bad...
Snake

Post by Snake »

What’s the downside of going with Trask for a few weeks, you’re gonna lose more?

Lol.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:23 pm What’s the downside of going with Trask for a few weeks, you’re gonna lose more?

Lol.
The downside for Bowles is that Trask plays better than Mayfield which will make Bowles decision to have Mayfield the starting QB look really bad. If Trask had been the starting QB for the whole season, I think it would mirror what Jordan Love has done this season. Had dome growing pains but has steadily improved as the season progresses. I also think the Bucs would have won 2 more games so far this season.
Anyone trying to defend Mayfield is like putting lipstick on a pig.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:23 pm What’s the downside of going with Trask for a few weeks, you’re gonna lose more?

Lol.
egg freaking sackly. Oh no, we lose out and don't have to give up a ton of draft capital to draft our QBOTF, or we don't lost out and we have Trask making circus peanuts next season as our starter to see what he's got.

Or, my favorite, we draft our QBOTF in the draft AND we play Trask next year to see what he's got.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

LOL! Just picture this, the Bucs with Trask as their quarterback suffer a defeat at the hands of the Panthers. What is your excuse this time? Trask lover
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

acmillis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:48 pm

Lol.
egg freaking sackly. Oh no, we lose out and don't have to give up a ton of draft capital to draft our QBOTF, or we don't lost out and we have Trask making circus peanuts next season as our starter to see what he's got.

Or, my favorite, we draft our QBOTF in the draft AND we play Trask next year to see what he's got.
That could very well happen. Its my preferred route too but oh boy do fans get super man when you don't insta start their savior.

I appreciate when a young QB gets some bench time to absorb the system before live fire. Of course like GT pointed out even when you do so to great success fans will always second guess it anyway claiming "he would've been just as good day 1!".
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Please don't say he needs more time. haha
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Phantom wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:52 pm LOL! Just picture this, the Bucs with Trask as their quarterback suffer a defeat at the hands of the Panthers. What is your excuse this time? Trask lover
A surplus of big plays along with that loss would show us we got something to work with. An offense that (in our case) can't hit big plays is a death wish for any new coach or QB.

3to5 20 yard plays are loved by the defenses we face.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:48 pm

Lol.

You don't get it. If the answer to "why should we start Trask" or any player isn't "because we think he's better than the guy he's replacing, then they won't be starting. Period. It boggles my mind that you don't understand this.