Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Expected to lose this game, so I wasn’t that emotionally invested in it. Hell, the league wasn’t either. 4:05 start instead of 4:25. They didn’t care if viewers hung around to finish the early games instead of watching the beginning of this blood bath. Then the Bucs went and made the first half competitive, and as a fan you’re like okay. This offense is starting to come together. The defense just needs to make a few stops. They’re a good defense so they can do that. Hope returns and I’m looking for an upset. Any given Sunday. Then the second half starts. If this team is good at anything it’s at being a tease.

1.) YaYa Diaby “tried on” the starting role and it fit perfectly.
2.) Sideline reporting on Talanoa Hufanga: He’s being evaluated for a knee injury when he slipped on the field. Slipped? Dude got juked out of his cleats. It was a bad day for the Bucs, give us something!

Dislikes:
1.) The defense is responsible for covering receivers right?
2.) This team’s chances turned dark so quickly Aaron Rodgers announced he’s taking a retreat here in the off-season. Probably will leave earlier than expected.
3.) Dean has often bragged about being the fastest player on the team. He might be right. Fastest player to land on the injury report.
4.) Giving up the longest play in the NFL this season and a perfect passer rating to Brock Purdy. Maybe the plan is to make San Fransisco overconfident for their next game.
5.) What does Baker put on the ball? Now it’s not only our players dropping his passes.

Random:
1.) Great news ladies! New drug being advertised during commercial breaks the reduces hot flashes! It’s called Veozah. It does have some side effects though, hot flashes.
2.) I’m all for punching the ball out to cause a fumble, but when three 49er defenders are throwing haymakers at Chris Godwin after the whistle I’m gonna be a little offended a flag doesn’t come flying out.
3.) John Lynch is on the wrong sideline.

You can actually pull some good things from this game. If it were a closer game, I think we would’ve had a competent run game. The play calling on offense was great in that first half. At times we had a good pass rush. There wasn’t enough to sustain a close game, but this game looked better than the Philly or Detroit games. I actually come out of this one I little more confident. Confident in what? Winning the division? Winning a playoff game? Probably not, but we’ll know what direction we’re headed in for next season much like the ’96 season.
mdb1958

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11

Post by mdb1958 »

John Lynch is on the wrong sideline.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:07 am 2.) I’m all for punching the ball out to cause a fumble, but when three 49er defenders are throwing haymakers at Chris Godwin after the whistle I’m gonna be a little offended a flag doesn’t come flying out.
I have no issue with 1 peanut punch, but one of those 49ers threw three or four punches. I guess it would be fair, at that point, for the Buccaners w/o the ball to throw a punch too, heh? need a Hockey enforcer.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:50 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:07 am 2.) I’m all for punching the ball out to cause a fumble, but when three 49er defenders are throwing haymakers at Chris Godwin after the whistle I’m gonna be a little offended a flag doesn’t come flying out.
I have no issue with 1 peanut punch, but one of those 49ers threw three or four punches. I guess it would be fair, at that point, for the Buccaners w/o the ball to throw a punch too, heh? need a Hockey enforcer.

There also was that tackle that was inbounds but the guy took it about five yards into the sideline.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Thanks for the write up. Ya Ya needs to start and take the majority of the snaps. Devin White needs to not be the starting LB either. Ignorance and/or stubborness is why Bowles needs to be fired.

Baker Mayfield also needs to turn in his starter role. He makes some good plays, yes. But take the amount of plays in a game where the ball is batted down, he overthrows a receiver, he panics and just makes a stupid throw, and collectively that all limits a teams progress. We have to find out if Trask is decent enough to even keep as a Backup next year. Right now I know less about him than Ryan Griffin.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I'm no Devin White fan, but I'm not sure there's a better option. Dennis looked completely lost after LVD went out.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Bowles defense was exposed for what it really is. It was easy to shut down the Titans. They're Derrick Henry and not much else. But the Niners have a boatload of weapons on offense and you have to be an elite defense to shut them down. Bowles defense is far from elite. He needs to go.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:51 am I'm no Devin White fan, but I'm not sure there's a better option. Dennis looked completely lost after LVD went out.

I keep thinking that, too. I scream for them to get White out of there. Then I watch a few plays with our other guys and think, well, okay, let's put White back in, shall we?

Battered White syndrome.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Kress wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:31 am
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:51 am I'm no Devin White fan, but I'm not sure there's a better option. Dennis looked completely lost after LVD went out.

I keep thinking that, too. I scream for them to get White out of there. Then I watch a few plays with our other guys and think, well, okay, let's put White back in, shall we?

Battered White syndrome.

They are on the tree of greatness - great care must be made to bring them to full maturity.

They're also rare.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:15 am Bowles defense was exposed for what it really is. It was easy to shut down the Titans. They're Derrick Henry and not much else. But the Niners have a boatload of weapons on offense and you have to be an elite defense to shut them down. Bowles defense is far from elite. He needs to go.
I don't think any defense shuts them down. But, we couldn't even really slow them down until they stopped trying.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:40 am
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:15 am Bowles defense was exposed for what it really is. It was easy to shut down the Titans. They're Derrick Henry and not much else. But the Niners have a boatload of weapons on offense and you have to be an elite defense to shut them down. Bowles defense is far from elite. He needs to go.
I don't think any defense shuts them down. But, we couldn't even really slow them down until they stopped trying.
Yeah, Dean was in a perfect position to make the play and mistimed it. As a result, the receiver burned him. I hope he's done for the year.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Incredible stuff as always, Ichy. But be careful here......
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:07 am 2.) Sideline reporting on Talanoa Hufanga: He’s being evaluated for a knee injury when he slipped on the field. Slipped? Dude got juked out of his cleats. It was a bad day for the Bucs, give us something!
You don't wanna draw the ire of @13F11B

13F11B wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:22 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:55 pm So Rachaad White didn't break Talanoa Hufanga's ankles but he did tear his ACL when he put him on skates.
You should not celebrate a player's injury.
Most hated man in America.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:56 pm Incredible stuff as always, Ichy. But be careful here......
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:07 am 2.) Sideline reporting on Talanoa Hufanga: He’s being evaluated for a knee injury when he slipped on the field. Slipped? Dude got juked out of his cleats. It was a bad day for the Bucs, give us something!

13F11B wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:22 pm

You should not celebrate a player's injury.
Thanks for the warning. Kind of a knee jerk reaction on my part.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

We all slip, as long as you're putting in the effort to get it white you're good.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:31 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:56 pm Incredible stuff as always, Ichy. But be careful here......

Thanks for the warning. Kind of a knee jerk reaction on my part.

It’s all good. I was kinda just pulling your leg there anyway.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Not enough love for Rachaad popping that dude's ACL, and I thought the same thing when the sideline reported said he "slipped."