Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the 49ers 27-14

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the 49ers 27-14

Post by Buc2 »

Don't tread on me
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:07 am Glad I wasn’t able to watch this one today.
Those of us who did watch the game are probably sadomasochists.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

GreatTimes wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 am
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:07 am Glad I wasn’t able to watch this one today.
We get 17 games a year, and maybe a handful more if things break right. I don't miss any of them out of spite.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:44 am
We get 17 games a year, and maybe a handful more if things break right. I don't miss any of them out of spite.
Nor do I. However, I've only seen a handful of games so far this season because I've had a lot of fun family stuff going on this season and, given a choice, I'll choose the fun family stuff over any sports, even Bucs football ( :lol: ), every single time.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Agree. I watch every game. Post on this thread despite @Bootz
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

2017-19 I skipped multiple games each year once it was clear this team was going nowhere. I found my Sundays were happier when I didn't watch the games so in 19 I think I skipped most of the final month. With everything happening in life this season I’ve watched maybe 3-4 games. I just wish we could cheer for a team that was competitive year in year out. I’m tired of cheering for a losing team all the time.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Primeminister wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:39 pm

2017-19 I skipped multiple games each year once it was clear this team was going nowhere. I found my Sundays were happier when I didn't watch the games so in 19 I think I skipped most of the final month. With everything happening in life this season I’ve watched maybe 3-4 games. I just wish we could cheer for a team that was competitive year in year out. I’m tired of cheering for a losing team all the time.
I often suspected that would be the case. However, I have given up everything else in my life for my family. Watching the Buccaneers is the one thing I still have from my pre-married life. I find it difficult to give up.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

I expected a loss. I was hoping for Bucs competing respectably against a team with a tendency to run the score over their opponents and shutdown opposing offenses embarrassingly the way a healthy 49ers team was able to do it against the Cowboys and Jaguars. I think the Bucs managed to meet my mediocre expectations. It would have been nice to convert at least one of the two RedZone possessions to a TD. But the Otton drop was exactly that.

All in all, QB, playscheme and receivers included, Bucs are an average offense and they played average against one of the better defenses. Had we scored another TD and made a game out of it, forcing 9ers to consume the clock, it may have counted as a moral victory on the road. But I'm okay with the outcome overall.

The fire Bowles train will not get any fuel from me for this week.

That being said, this is where our pre-playoffs start. We cannot afford to drop any more games. I will be full onboard the fire Bowles train if we have a L within the next 3 games.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:55 pm

I often suspected that would be the case. However, I have given up everything else in my life for my family. Watching the Buccaneers is the one thing I still have from my pre-married life. I find it difficult to give up.
I get it. I think most of us have been fans for 25+ years so it’s a part of life.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Win or lose, still my team, watch every snap till the day I die. That's a true fan right there.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:55 pm

I keep watching out of deprivation from the offseason and desperation before the next off season lol
I said what I said

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:55 pm I expected a loss. I was hoping for Bucs competing respectably against a team with a tendency to run the score over their opponents and shutdown opposing offenses embarrassingly the way a healthy 49ers team was able to do it against the Cowboys and Jaguars. I think the Bucs managed to meet my mediocre expectations. It would have been nice to convert at least one of the two RedZone possessions to a TD. But the Otton drop was exactly that.

All in all, QB, playscheme and receivers included, Bucs are an average offense and they played average against one of the better defenses. Had we scored another TD and made a game out of it, forcing 9ers to consume the clock, it may have counted as a moral victory on the road. But I'm okay with the outcome overall.

That being said, this is where our pre-playoffs start. We cannot afford to drop any more games. I will be full onboard the fire Bowles train if we have a L within the next 3 games.
Pretty accurate portrayal of my sentiments here.

The “rapid reaction” was to be pissed at the staff and the playcalling; but after reflection there weren’t many plays that were head scratchers, instead I saw a lot of poor effort.

*exception being the end zone throw with two guys running back corner and a metric fuckton of open, uncovered grass to the inside. To my eye, that was a really odd time to call a high/low read with such limited real estate to work with.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Phantom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:08 pm
Two dudes just happy not being on the Panthers.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Rocker wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:33 pm
Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:55 pm I expected a loss. I was hoping for Bucs competing respectably against a team with a tendency to run the score over their opponents and shutdown opposing offenses embarrassingly the way a healthy 49ers team was able to do it against the Cowboys and Jaguars. I think the Bucs managed to meet my mediocre expectations. It would have been nice to convert at least one of the two RedZone possessions to a TD. But the Otton drop was exactly that.

Pretty accurate portrayal of my sentiments here.

The “rapid reaction” was to be pissed at the staff and the playcalling; but after reflection there weren’t many plays that were head scratchers, instead I saw a lot of poor effort.

*exception being the end zone throw with two guys running back corner and a metric fuckton of open, uncovered grass to the inside. To my eye, that was a really odd time to call a high/low read with such limited real estate to work with.
Canales has been notorious for dialing up plays like that in the end zone as well as when we are backed up within our 10 yard line.

He's got some good moments here and there, but his lows have come at the worst possible occasions.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Jamel Dean, Carlton Davis and Devin White do not care about winning or competing.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Al Bundy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:50 am Jamel Dean, Carlton Davis and Devin White do not care about winning or competing.
Harsh.