Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Titans 20-6

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Cheb

Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Titans 20-6

Post by Cheb »

Offense did enough while the defense had their Get Right game.

Good team win.
Snake

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Titans 20-6

Post by Snake »

I think both Vrabel and Tennessee may benefit from a change in scenery.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

LOL!
😝 playoff or bust!
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Good news we won. Bad news is Saints are about to come back against Vikings
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

That's what I get for picking up Levis while Hurts is on a bye, lol

Played good defense and offense doesn't look incompetent lately
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:02 pm Good news we won. Bad news is Saints are about to come back against Vikings
Winston is going to Winston. No worries.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

The offense was put in position to score at least 10 more points imo. Self inflicted wounds like drops, overthrows and int reduced our offensive efficiency.

Baker had an average-good game. He was pretty good, but always seems to make some glaring mistakes that bring down his savvy, composed play a couple of notches. Like where the offense is, but there is no room for inaccurate passes or drops next week.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

You’re the man, Jameis.

Baker Mayfield playing a whole lot of good football.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Are the Vikings just taking knees?!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

13F11B wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:12 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:02 pm Good news we won. Bad news is Saints are about to come back against Vikings
Winston is going to Winston. No worries.
Vikings defense bailing Winston out with penalties.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Winston throws his second pick in the 4th quarter. Amazing. That dude can't learn.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Jameis, wait.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

The bad news is how badly we're gonna get stomped in the 49ers' house next week. Enjoy the day, and hope that Any Given Sunday applies to us next time.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Saints lose, FTS
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

:( I see we won but not much talk about the win. People care more about Jameis Winston. Tells me all I need to know about the Bucs.
Most hated man in America.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

We scored more points than the Titans.

Cool.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:28 pm :( I see we won but not much talk about the win. People care more about Jameis Winston. Tells me all I need to know about the Bucs.
Well, we started in third place in the division, and win or lose we ended in third place in the division. There was no truly bone-headed defensive collapse, and no last-minute heroics to win. It wasn't a historic beatdown either way, but it was just far enough out that no one not a hardcore Bucs or Titans fan would have paid the slightest attention to this game. It was a boring win at home. It was the kind of game you like to have during a season if your team is good, and wonder at was-this-win-worth-it if your team is bad. It was the kind of game you don't remember yourself, at all, five years down the road unless it was either your first time taking your granddaughter to Ray Jay for her first game ever or you lost your fantasy football championship on this game for the guy you picked to light it all up, who was a JAG today. This game was not exciting and therefore people aren't saying much. If only we had an exciting win on the road next week, now that might wake up the sleeping fan base.

Let some of the people who attended get back to their keyboards, and perhaps then we'll hear a story or two to spice this thread up just a little. We'll see.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:28 pm :( I see we won but not much talk about the win. People care more about Jameis Winston. Tells me all I need to know about the Bucs.
I knew you’d come in here and post this.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

We are out of Williams and Maye sweepstakes
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:30 pm We scored more points than the Titans.

Cool.
You’re terrible fan
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

No love for locking Henry down? I was a fan
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I feel sorry for Ichy tonight. What is there to write about?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Phantom wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:56 pm We are out of Williams and Maye sweepstakes
I kind of want to re-sign Baker..
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Noles1724 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:01 pm No love for locking Henry down? I was a fan
Bowles let the boys play man today. Jamel had a nice game.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:05 pm
Phantom wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:56 pm We are out of Williams and Maye sweepstakes
Me too…we need someone to hold the clipboard since we’re prolly dumping Trask. He’d be a serviceable backup.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:45 pm
Well, we started in third place in the division, and win or lose we ended in third place in the division. There was no truly bone-headed defensive collapse, and no last-minute heroics to win. It wasn't a historic beatdown either way, but it was just far enough out that no one not a hardcore Bucs or Titans fan would have paid the slightest attention to this game. It was a boring win at home. It was the kind of game you like to have during a season if your team is good, and wonder at was-this-win-worth-it if your team is bad. It was the kind of game you don't remember yourself, at all, five years down the road unless it was either your first time taking your granddaughter to Ray Jay for her first game ever or you lost your fantasy football championship on this game for the guy you picked to light it all up, who was a JAG today. This game was not exciting and therefore people aren't saying much. If only we had an exciting win on the road next week, now that might wake up the sleeping fan base.

Let some of the people who attended get back to their keyboards, and perhaps then we'll hear a story or two to spice this thread up just a little. We'll see.
Yea, I guess talking about Jameis Winston & the Saints is much more "exciting" and discussion worthy for the Bucs fanbase :roll: :roll:

This is a new narrative. There was a ton of talking about the loss to Lions when the score was exactly the same. If people ever feel the Bucs don't get respect from the league or refs, don't be shocked. They don't even get it from their own fans.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:02 pm I feel sorry for Ichy tonight. What is there to write about?
This is a new narrative you've created in your own head today. That a "boring win" isn't worth discussing.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:07 pm That's what I get for picking up Levis while Hurts is on a bye, lol

Played good defense and offense doesn't look incompetent lately
Funny, I picked up the Bucs D in the forum league.

Oh what? Did you all think that Texans shit was gonna happen again?
Kress

Post by Kress »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:02 pm I feel sorry for Ichy tonight. What is there to write about?
I saw plenty.

The Vea "sit your ass down" sack was notable.

And if you were watching on TV, the announcers talking about how long it's been since Baker threw a pick, and how he's gone on record about how he's learning to not take risks..... two snaps before he launches a 30-yard duck into triple coverage for a pick.

That was just the first couple of possessions.

Funny thing: I note @IchabodCrane84-worthy events in my mind as I watch games now.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:11 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:05 pm

Me too…we need someone to hold the clipboard since we’re prolly dumping Trask. He’d be a serviceable backup.
Dependent on how we finish out the year, but if Licht/Bowles/Canales stay on it makes sense to keep him. Outside of the game against Detroit he has played really well.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

It's true, Bootz. The fans have already tuned out. Four losses in a row, going from first place to near the cellar that the Kitties are holding, the excitement of having felt like a contender has turned into apathy. People aren't excited because they don't want to believe this was anything but a fluke win during a lost season, that this win is the abnormal and what the 49ers are going to do to us is the normal for the 2023 Bucs. They don't want to pour hope into this team when we could start another long losing streak next week.

Damn shame, that the Bucs fanbase is anything but deep. We all knew the glory of the Lombardi year was fleeting but the reality of being who we used to be has left many of us numb. We have forgotten how to enjoy those wins that came along from time to time during the season as bright spots. I'm enjoying being a Bucs fan right now, today, because my Bucs won a game that most people thought they would lose. I won't begrudge the others for looking ahead to the mythical first-round, top-five hero we're not going to get next April. I mean, we're going up against one of the best teams in football next week and even many of those who hoped for a win today know our chances are pretty small next week, and after that who the f knows.

I'm back to the It's a Bucs' Life mindset. Playoffs are for other teams. No matter what else happens this season, the 75 million dollar cap hit will be gone at free agency in 2024, but that's SO next year. One Sunday at a time, Bootz, one Sunday at a time, let's just enjoy the wins as they come.

And if others don't care anymore, okay. You and I, we can be happy about this win, right?
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:12 pm
Xandtar wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:45 pm

Yea, I guess talking about Jameis Winston & the Saints is much more "exciting" and discussion worthy for the Bucs fanbase :roll: :roll:

This is a new narrative. There was a ton of talking about the loss to Lions when the score was exactly the same. If people ever feel the Bucs don't get respect from the league or refs, don't be shocked. They don't even get it from their own fans.
That's nonsense. Jameis crapping the bed will always draw mockery from fans, and not just because Tampa Bay wasted the first overall pick on him.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Kress wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:16 pm
I saw plenty.

The Vea "sit your ass down" sack was notable.

And if you were watching on TV, the announcers talking about how long it's been since Baker threw a pick, and how he's gone on record about how he's learning to not take risks..... two snaps before he launches a 30-yard duck into triple coverage for a pick.

That was just the first couple of possessions.

Funny thing: I note @IchabodCrane84-worthy events in my mind as I watch games now.
Alas, I don't get it. I don't get GamePass anymore. But if those of you lucky enough to be able to see the whole game want to help me out here, and stop Bootz' narrative at the same time, I'll happily read what you post.
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Camarda had a bad game. Jamel Dean played really well even though Hopkins was pushing him around. Lavonte was literally trying to shove Devin White to his spot and Devin did not go. The D didn't give up a TD and had 10 tackles for loss. Hopkins knocking that int out of Deans??? hands in the end zone was a great play. Baker under threw Palmer and he almost made a nice catch. He then under throws Evans. So Evans drops the TD for payback. They dropped 3 interceptions. White looks good catching the ball. He should get more than 3 targets and less running the ball. I think Neal didn't get many snaps this game. i thought it was a nice game. Low stress easy win.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Yup. Don’t remember seeing 23 at all. Man to man and bringing heat most of the day. Nice to see Todd adjust. Just wish it were a week sooner.

Too little too late.