Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Titans 20-6

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Titans 20-6

Post by mdb1958 »

Rashaad White #3 in the NFL for YAC's. It was refreshing not seeing a big play called back.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Moozician wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:04 pm https://fishkernfl.com/2413-2/

Bootz, If you wanna watch the game, there it is. I know you were watching 49ers live in Jville, and didn't get to watch the Bucs.
The discussion about the defense watching game film as a unit with open discussion is on there, somewhere.

This was a fun game to watch. The defense played well, played fast, and wasn't exploited by the Titans. The Offense played well enough; Splash plays by Evans.
Thank you, I was able to watch a lot faster. This was a very fun game. The defense didn't look simplified to me. @mdb1958 mentioned putting Vea at 3 or 5 I believe and he got a sack out of the formation. We were sending blitzes from the secondary, mixing coverages. It didn't look like a more simple defense. Maybe the terminology was simplified but this defense executed extremely well.

Offensively we left points on the field. Namely Mike Evans did. Baker played very well. He looked confident, decisive, made quick and accurate decisions. Oline is still a problem though and likely gets fixed in the offseason at the earliest. Mauch looks like he's taking a step back and it isn't just this game.

Overall I was very happy to see us rebound after last week's debacle.
Most hated man in America.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

The Bucs have shown that they can beat a bad team with a worse offensive line than the Bucs. Lets see if the Bucs can beat the 49's in San Francisco next weekend.
MRM

Post by MRM »

I know McCollum didn't play great. But did he play any worse than Davis the last few weeks?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Go Bucs!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Kancey - 46 snaps
Vea - 39
Hall - 31
Gaines - 24
Gholston - 12
Green - 6

Hall and Gholston 0 tackles - 0 anything else
Gaines and Greene - 1 tackle a piece - 0 anything else.

(73 snaps)
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

If Bucs are a well coached team, they will not get blown out by the 9ers. They may lose, but should not get outmatched the way it looked when they played the Bills and Eagles.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:06 am If Bucs are a well coached team, they will not get blown out by the 9ers. They may lose, but should not get outmatched the way it looked when they played the Bills and Eagles.
If your pit crew is lousy your driver will suffer.
Kress

Post by Kress »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:52 am It was refreshing not seeing a big play called back.

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:06 am If Bucs are a well coached team, they will not get blown out by the 9ers. They may lose, but should not get outmatched the way it looked when they played the Bills and Eagles.
The Eagles game was worse than it looked. Buffalo though, I thought we did well all things considering. It's hard enough playing on Thursday nights. Even harder going on the road. We were a Chris Godwin head turn away from winning.

I don't expect us to look as pedestrian as the Jags did yesterday against them. But the Niners are clearly the better team and have what it takes to make other teams look bad.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:50 am
The Eagles game was worse than it looked. Buffalo though, I thought we did well all things considering. It's hard enough playing on Thursday nights. Even harder going on the road. We were a Chris Godwin head turn away from winning.

I don't expect us to look as pedestrian as the Jags did yesterday against them. But the Niners are clearly the better team and have what it takes to make other teams look bad.
The issue I had with the Bills game is we looked outmatched for 3 quarters because of poor coaching. Very little focus on targeting Evans. Too many predictable runs, too many wasted snaps to Edmonds and Vaughn. Too vanilla a defense against a struggling Bills offense, resulting in easy uncontested completions until Red Zone. Also I can't forget the 7 minute TD drive that had multiple 4th down penalties by Bills when the game should have been over. I agree with you on the Eagles game, the scores don't indicate how one sided the game was, but they are a damn good 53 player roster.

The 9ers are still a damn good team. But if teams like the Browns, even with average to below average QB play are able to churn out wins against good teams like Ravens and 9ers, Bucs should at the minimum manage a game where they look prepared, giving their best shot to a superior team.

It is not abnormal for some teams to have another team's number. But I think it is much more a case of Shanahan having Bowles' number than 49ers being an ultra superior roster in comparison to Bucs.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

@Jonny

I just explained it to you.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If "a team like the Browns".... The Browns have a very talent, stacked, and well paid team, including a $250M QB.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 am If "a team like the Browns".... The Browns have a very talent, stacked, and well paid team, including a $250M QB.
Hey Doc, seems like Jonny doesnt want to talk to me.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Non factor Hall and Tryon - drift right - and you have Stroud!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:44 am If "a team like the Browns".... The Browns have a very talent, stacked, and well paid team, including a $250M QB.
Right. IIRC the Browns have the best defense in football which features the most dominant defensive player in football, Myles Garrett. They aren't a slouch.

But I'm remembering, people here tried to make a case for Cleveland missing Baker Mayfield because of how poorly Deshaun Watson was playing last season. So that mindset probably stuck.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Some Browns fans are still making that case.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

And they beat the 49ers and Colts with PJ Walker as their QB and were very competitive against the Seahawks in a loss. A Kool-Aid sipping Browns fan would have no need to start an excuse factory to defend their coaches, because the coaches have done a damn good job of extracting productivity out of their roster with whoever is able to play for that week.

That is why it should not be crazy for us to expect that a desperate Bucs team should compete well against the 49ers and keep the final scores respectable. If this team cannot manage that, it is a clear indicator that no real lessons have been learned from the pathetic 4 game losing streak.

Also since you are bringing up $ figures, Bucs have the 4th and 6th highest paid CBs, one of the highest paid NTs, OLB, high draft pick investments in a bunch of other positions on defense, aside from LVD and AWJr. The only way 49ers embarrass us, especially our defense, is if our coaches flat out suck.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:58 am
Right. IIRC the Browns have the best defense in football which features the most dominant defensive player in football, Myles Garrett. They aren't a slouch.

But I'm remembering, people here tried to make a case for Cleveland missing Baker Mayfield because of how poorly Deshaun Watson was playing last season. So that mindset probably stuck.
They’d have a better record if Baker were their QB.

And the difference in their salaries isn’t negligible. Of course had they extended baker they’d be paying him much more than we are.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:34 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:58 am

And the difference in their salaries isn’t negligible. Of course had they extended baker they’d be paying him much more than we are.
I mean, would they? There are so many factors that go with that. They are 6-3 overall but 5-1 when Deshaun Watson starts. He missed 3+ games due to injury. Are you saying Baker wouldn't have gotten injured or that they'd be undefeated right now?
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

A win VS San Fran this week can change my mind and reignite my faith in the season and maybe Baker going forward since the bye week.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:45 pm A win VS San Fran this week can change my mind and reignite my faith in the season and maybe Baker going forward since the bye week.
Variance is a thing. Teams beat teams they shouldn’t…don’t fall for it bro.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:09 pm
And they beat the 49ers and Colts with PJ Walker as their QB and were very competitive against the Seahawks in a loss. A Kool-Aid sipping Browns fan would have no need to start an excuse factory to defend their coaches, because the coaches have done a damn good job of extracting productivity out of their roster with whoever is able to play for that week.

That is why it should not be crazy for us to expect that a desperate Bucs team should compete well against the 49ers and keep the final scores respectable. If this team cannot manage that, it is a clear indicator that no real lessons have been learned from the pathetic 4 game losing streak.

Also since you are bringing up $ figures, Bucs have the 4th and 6th highest paid CBs, one of the highest paid NTs, OLB, high draft pick investments in a bunch of other positions on defense, aside from LVD and AWJr. The only way 49ers embarrass us, especially our defense, is if our coaches flat out suck.
You've clearly made up your mind
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:56 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:34 pm

I mean, would they? There are so many factors that go with that. They are 6-3 overall but 5-1 when Deshaun Watson starts. He missed 3+ games due to injury. Are you saying Baker wouldn't have gotten injured or that they'd be undefeated right now?
Baker has played considerably better by the numbers. Cleveland’s defense is incredible.

I didn’t realize they were 5-1 in his starts. Doubt the record would be much different. I think Watson shit the bed pretty bad in that Pittsburgh game, but it was still close.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

We’re only 10.5 point dogs…. That’s about 3-4 points too low. Gonna lay a few bucks on the 49ers to cover and hope to buy the family a nice meal at Waffle House with the profit!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

acmillis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:40 pm We’re only 10.5 point dogs…. That’s about 3-4 points too low. Gonna lay a few bucks on the 49ers to cover and hope to buy the family a nice meal at Waffle House with the profit!
If you’re so confident drop a rack on the money line.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:44 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:40 pm We’re only 10.5 point dogs…. That’s about 3-4 points too low. Gonna lay a few bucks on the 49ers to cover and hope to buy the family a nice meal at Waffle House with the profit!
If you’re so confident drop a rack on the money line.
Sure, fellow internet stranger, allow me to be peer pressured in to making decisions my wife would get upset with me over.
Toodles.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:09 pm
Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm

Like you just pull whatever you want out of your ass dontcha?
Are you saying kaimaru just made up that defensive meeting and the players pleading for simpler concepts?
@Doctor Confirmation. That is exactly as I tried to explain
Joe confirmed with a Buccaneers player in the locker room what was revealed on today’s Bucs-Titans game broadcast on CBS.

The broadcast crew revealed in the fourth quarter, via their pregame conversation with linebacker Devin White, that Todd Bowles didn’t have his players watch the heinous Texans-Bucs film from a week ago with their position coaches last week. That was a departure from the normal activity after a game.

Instead, White said Bowles watched the film together with the whole defense together.

Apparently, Bowles told his players throughout the meeting “this is an open discussion” — and this was the time to “speak up now”and identify what you don’t like about the defense.

White told the CBS team that players spoke up and the defensive unit walked away from the Bowles film sesson/meeting with a focus on simplifying their play today so they could operate faster.
https://www.joebucsfan.com/2023/11/todd ... ght-input/
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:24 am
Moozician wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:04 pm https://fishkernfl.com/2413-2/

Bootz, If you wanna watch the game, there it is. I know you were watching 49ers live in Jville, and didn't get to watch the Bucs.
The discussion about the defense watching game film as a unit with open discussion is on there, somewhere.

This was a fun game to watch. The defense played well, played fast, and wasn't exploited by the Titans. The Offense played well enough; Splash plays by Evans.
Thank you, I was able to watch a lot faster. This was a very fun game. The defense didn't look simplified to me. @mdb1958 mentioned putting Vea at 3 or 5 I believe and he got a sack out of the formation. We were sending blitzes from the secondary, mixing coverages. It didn't look like a more simple defense. Maybe the terminology was simplified but this defense executed extremely well.

Offensively we left points on the field. Namely Mike Evans did. Baker played very well. He looked confident, decisive, made quick and accurate decisions. Oline is still a problem though and likely gets fixed in the offseason at the earliest. Mauch looks like he's taking a step back and it isn't just this game.

Overall I was very happy to see us rebound after last week's debacle.
Bootz, from what I was seeing before was that he was trying to disguise coverages and blitzes. He would have players up at the line and bail which is Neal is stinking it up as he isn't that fast. I think they wanted him get back to basics so they didn't have to process so much and worry at positioning before and after snap. That is what I have gathered from videos breaking down game film. I think that was the simplification
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Hmm, I wonder how vocal the position coaches were in the open discussion.

and

Are they doing it again in preparation for Frisco.