Week 10 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
wesmon

Re: Week 10 Discussion

Post by wesmon »

Great win for Denver but that was more about Buffalo just falling apart
Max

Post by Max »

Delete your franchise type of game
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I wanted the Manning cast. Enjoyed it
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Buffalo didn't deserve to win. They played horribly for the majority of the game. The only reason this was every this close was Denver woes on XPs and their 10 penalties.
Most hated man in America.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

wesmon wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:29 pm Great win for Denver but that was more about Buffalo just falling apart
Buffalo or Allen turning the ball over 3 times?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:32 pm Buffalo didn't deserve to win. They played horribly for the majority of the game. The only reason this was every this close was Denver woes on XPs and their 10 penalties.
They had three in offense in one drive. It was horrible. And the shanked FG. Either or those were made, this wouldn't have come down to the end
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:32 pm
wesmon wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:29 pm Great win for Denver but that was more about Buffalo just falling apart
That last Buffalo TD drive was telling. Not 1 pass. They rode Cook down the field until Allen finished it with his legs. They can't have much confidence in him at this point.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We crept back into 7th in scoring defense - atleast till Sunday.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I want to say one thing. In 2019, Winston led the league over 5 years in turnovers putting up a 30/30 season to boot. And Allen STILL had more turnovers his first 2 years. Thats scary
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:37 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:32 pm

That last Buffalo TD drive was telling. Not 1 pass. They rode Cook down the field until Allen finished it with his legs. They can't have much confidence in him at this point.
Yup, I thought everyone said they didn't want Cook bc he was cooked? (Trade deadline talk).
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:41 pm I want to say one thing. In 2019, Winston led the league over 5 years in turnovers putting up a 30/30 season to boot. And Allen STILL had more turnovers his first 2 years. Thats scary
It's gotten ignored because the team has won a lot and he's scored a lot of TDs. It started biting them last season and it's really killing them now. He's on pace for 21 INTs this year.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:43 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:37 pm

Yup, I thought everyone said they didn't want Cook bc he was cooked? (Trade deadline talk).
That's his brother, Darvin. This is James.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:44 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:43 pm

That's his brother, Darvin. This is James.
Dalvin
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:50 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:43 pm

Except it didn't. It took two pages for someone to finally take your stupid bait on a moot subject just to shut you up.
But we went an entire offseason dissecting Trask and Baker and you were there for all of it.
Pretending no one ever said anything good about Trask is just flat-out disingenuous.
It wasn't a bait.

You and @13F11B are so caught up in the gambit, so wrapped up in these characters you've both created, you can't tell reality from your own delusions. You think you're smarter than everyone else and see things in a 6 dimensional way. Not even close.

@Cheb had zero problems naming positive attributes he saw in Trask while all you and @13F11B could come up with was "Oh you don't already know?". You didn't have anything. You were more worried in trying to get one on me.
For that we just have to stand back and let you post freely.
No ones gets one on Bootz quite like Bootz.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:51 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:16 pm Bills losing to the Broncos. How is this possible? I've been assured by multiple board experts if you are a good team you should never play poorly ever, especially vs a bad team.

Clearly the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, etc are all pretenders.
They should be embarrassed and clean house.
Is this your attempt at justifying Bucs losing to the Falcons or Texans in the fashion they did?
It's my attempt to show how stupid such declarations are. Not surprising you missed that.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:20 am
Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:51 pm

Is this your attempt at justifying Bucs losing to the Falcons or Texans in the fashion they did?
It's my attempt to show how stupid such declarations are. Not surprising you missed that.
You concoct a hypothetical statement that probably no one has made on this board besides the voices in your head. Then you follow up to label those statements stupid. Relax guy, you are trying way too hard.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:07 pm
Noles1724 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:49 pm

Would it not be advantageous to use the remaining 2023 season to evaluate key future pieces?
Kyle Trask doesn't fit into that category.
Interesting. I guess he doesn't match your 'style' of QB that you keep man crushing on. We have ZERO evidence that he can't be part of the future. At the same time we have NO real evidence that he IS part of the future. We have a VERY good college career coupled with some characteristics that indicate he should be given a chance. Keep doing your I don't like Trask bit though. It is entertaining to watch stupid does stupid in a forum like this.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

That was Josh Allen going full Winston last night.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:43 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:07 pm

Kyle Trask doesn't fit into that category.
Interesting. I guess he doesn't match your 'style' of QB that you keep man crushing on. We have ZERO evidence that he can't be part of the future. At the same time we have NO real evidence that he IS part of the future. We have a VERY good college career coupled with some characteristics that indicate he should be given a chance. Keep doing your I don't like Trask bit though. It is entertaining to watch stupid does stupid in a forum like this.
Uh huh. Wake me up when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers feel he should be given a chance. Until then your wet dreams about Trask getting a shot won't come with a payoff.
Last edited by Bootz on Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Cheb wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:11 pm Trask has:

- Prototypical size
- A strong enough arm to make any throw on the field
- Good feet in the pocket
- A feel for impending pressure.
- Above average accuracy, which imo is one of the top three things you look for in a QB along with footwork and good decision making. 68% career accuracy is college, better than Pat Mahomes had for whatever that's worth.
- Speaking of decision-making, Trask made good ones consistently, reading coverages appropriately and working his way through his progressions like an adult.
- A 17-5 record as a collegiate starter against excellent competition.
- A fourth place finish as a Heisman finalist
- For people that like production and STATS, he has those in spades as a starter, as one would expect since he was voted as being the fourth best player in the country.
- Most impressively from his college film, he throws guys open. He read the leverage of defenders who were covering his receivers and could throw the ball away from said defender so that only his guy had a shot at it.
- He elevated the play of the teammates around him. Both Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney looked like otherworldly talents in college when Kyle Trask was throwing them the ball, leading to both of them being drafted in the first round three years ago -- Pitts at fourth overall, Toney at twentieth overall. And both those dudes are looking like busts halfway through their third NFL seasons. A reasonable person could posit that maybe the one who was making plays weren't the dudes catching the rock; maybe it was the guy throwing it.
- Trask wasn't the product of a system that put up impressive production consistently, nor did he benefit from a coach who did the same. Indeed, his college head coach Dan Mullen fell apart after Trask was drafted, as did the whole Florida program. Florida peaked as the #3 team in the country during Trask's senior year; Mullen went below .500 the following season and was summarily fired.

I could go on, but I think you guys get the point.

Folks around here are pretending that Trask was never good at football or something. Dude was a second round pick for a reason, and there was a point just a few months ago where he was in the driver's seat in the head to head competition with Baker Mayfield to be the starting quarterback of this team. And reasonable folks could posit that he was never given a fair shake at the job, as he has never worked with the starters in live action against a NFL opponent, despite Bowles publicly promising those reps and thus an even competitive field.

I am surprised this took multiple pages in this thread to bring these positives up. The only things that Trask is he's not an elite athlete and he has yet to take live good-on-good reps against NFL opposition. Garbage time throwing nine attempts to backups in the Falcons game last year don't count, but if you think they should I wrote a whole long-ass post about that this off-season, so feel free to read up on those reps; spoiler alert they were pretty good actually.

I'll get off my soapbox and watch MNF now. Y'all have a good night.
Great post. Spot on. If I felt Bootz was capable of rational thought, I would have posted this myself. However, he is not capable of that. IMHO Trask looked better than Mayfield this preseason. I think Bowles was scared of starting a 'rookie' QB (Trask has not had real experience). To his credit Mayfield has avoided the mistakes that cost him his job in Cleveland. At the same time the batted balls and missed opportunities due to poor reading of the field have been issues. On the plus side he did pick up some first downs with his legs which is not something Trask would have been able to do.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:49 am If I felt Bootz was capable of rational thought, I would have posted this myself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You can barely formulate sentences without trying to make it personal with me. We're supposed to believe you have the acumen to create a scouting report when all you've ever said about the guy is "we don't know that he doesn't suck". Delusional!
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:47 am
13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:43 am

Relying on the literal worst franchise in team sports history to make the right call on personnel decisions isn’t exactly something to hang your hat on…
Uh huh. Wake me up when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers feel he should be given a chance. Until then your wet dreams about Trask getting a shot won't come with a payoff.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:53 am
13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:49 am If I felt Bootz was capable of rational thought, I would have posted this myself.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You can barely formulate sentences without trying to make it personal with me. We're supposed to believe you have the acumen to create a scouting report when all you've ever said about the guy is "we don't know that he doesn't suck". Delusional!
I am not trying to make it personal with you. I am just stating a fact. You, however, are taking it personally. I don't give a fuck that you do either. The fact that I did not produce a scouting report for you is due to my belief that you have NO DESIRE to engage in a real conversation. You bait people into arguments, make up things they said, and engage in a dishonest discussions with people for the sole purpose of annoying them. I simply want to skip to the part of ANNOYING you. One day, I hope, you will just leave the board and all of us would be much happier. The only potentially positive you bring to the board is posting a weekly low effort discussion thread that you kick off with an image.

Please feel free to exit stage left. I find no value in your existence.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

You also think bootz is biased towards black quarterbacks at the expense of white quarterbacks.

I don't know why you won't say so. I did.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

_MB_ wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:37 am You also think bootz is biased towards black quarterbacks at the expense of white quarterbacks.

I didn't come to that conclusion. I thought he liked highly mobile QBs. I thought he liked Josh Allen (who to the best of my knowledge is white). If that is not true then perhaps you are correct.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:39 am
_MB_ wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:37 am You also think bootz is biased towards black quarterbacks at the expense of white quarterbacks.

I didn't come to that conclusion. I thought he liked highly mobile QBs. I thought he liked Josh Allen (who to the best of my knowledge is white). If that is not true then perhaps you are correct.
I don't think you can win anymore without having a QB who can make plays with his legs. Not saying every QB needs to be Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen or Daniel Jones. But the days of a statue standing behind a wall and picking apart a defense are over IMO.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:31 am I am not trying to make it personal with you.
:roll:

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:41 pm You need to get that checked out. Cognitive decline can be a real concern for older people like you.
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:38 pm Again, your intelligence is lacking...
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:38 pm Either admit you are dumber than a pet rock or stop being a dick by asking the same stupid question.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Good God.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:44 am
That was Josh Allen going full Winston last night.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:43 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:43 pm

Only took 2 pages to say something good today though and only 1 person could.
Except it didn't. It took two pages for someone to finally take your stupid bait on a moot subject just to shut you up.
But we went an entire offseason dissecting Trask and Baker and you were there for all of it.
Pretending no one ever said anything good about Trask is just flat-out disingenuous.
That was my point. Even after someone posted something good about Trask in this thread Bootz deflected by saying it took 2 pages and only 1 person could do it. Implying that there really is nothing good. Basically ignored the post just like all the off-season stuff.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Jonny wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:58 am
Doctor wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:20 am

You concoct a hypothetical statement that probably no one has made on this board besides the voices in your head. Then you follow up to label those statements stupid. Relax guy, you are trying way too hard.
"That probably no one has made"? I like how you stuck probably in there knowing full well that statement was full of shit. You just have to visit any Reaction or GameDay thread from the past month.

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:10 pm Good teams, with good coaches, win those games. See the Bills.
Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:26 pm If Bucs lose this game, Bowles deserves to be fired. Texans have so many injuries, so many. They should not be so close to taking the lead if Bucs were a team well coached.
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:00 am Interesting article

Buccaneers have no choice with head coach Todd Bowles

https://atozsports.com/tampa-bay/buccan ... owles-nfl/

"This is normal life in the NFL. The world keeps spinning and good coaches are expected to win with good rosters. Bad coaches blunder it."
Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:25 pm Fuck yessss! I'm glad the better team won! Fire everyone now!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Doctor wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:15 pm

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:10 pm Good teams, with good coaches, win those games. See the Bills.
Spot on good man, spot on.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The point is the NFL isn't rock, paper, scissors. Teams aren't static, gameplans aren't static, chemistry, momentum, lockerroom health, player health, etc, isn't static. Trying to use how one team played against another as a barometer for how you'd play them is foolish. Look no further than the Dolphins, Broncos, Chiefs triangle.

Good teams lose, bad teams win, it's any given Sunday.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:15 pm
Jonny wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:58 am

"That probably no one has made"? I like how you stuck probably in there knowing full well that statement was full of shit. You just have to visit any Reaction or GameDay thread from the past month.

Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:26 pm If Bucs lose this game, Bowles deserves to be fired. Texans have so many injuries, so many. They should not be so close to taking the lead if Bucs were a team well coached.
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:00 am Interesting article

Buccaneers have no choice with head coach Todd Bowles

https://atozsports.com/tampa-bay/buccan ... owles-nfl/

"This is normal life in the NFL. The world keeps spinning and good coaches are expected to win with good rosters. Bad coaches blunder it."
Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:25 pm Fuck yessss! I'm glad the better team won! Fire everyone now!
Your attempts at getting back comprise of misfires and misdirection.

For context, this is your original post that started this line of argumentation.
Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:16 pm Bills losing to the Broncos. How is this possible? I've been assured by multiple board experts if you are a good team you should never play poorly ever, especially vs a bad team.

Clearly the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, etc are all pretenders.
They should be embarrassed and clean house.
A good team having an off day is completely understandable. Eagles losing to Jets, Chiefs losing to Broncos (which doesn't surprise me now, Broncos defense has stepped up big time) is totally understandable. It is not that different from the 2021 Bucs losing to Redskins or dropping both the games to Saints.

What is egregious about the Bucs losses, that your post above does not apply to, is losing to a team with 3rd and 4th string linemen, and half of their defense injured during the game with every snap, an injured kicker and a rookie QB coming off of his worst game of the season. This is after the Bucs lost three in a row after a bye week and had tremendous incentive to win to keep playoff chances alive. So how the hell is me calling for firing of coaches on a 4 game losing streak comparable to the Eagles losing against the Jets?

I know you are the eternal optimist, I have admired your glass half full approach of looking at things in the past. But you seem to get pissed off when others are realistic or pessimistic. If you have a positive attitude about yourself, it should not bother you that some of us have been pretty disappointed with coaching or performance of some specific players.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

That would literally apply to every loss as everyone has some 3rd string linemen out there, along with a 4th string DB, and a few others. We're 10 weeks into the season.

Funny how for the Bucs it's "egregious" but for the Bengals it's just an "off day".