Week 10 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Re: Week 10 Discussion

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:41 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:35 pm

Not 1 thing. Oh, except "look what Tom Brady did".
Is that all you can remember? You need to get that checked out. Cognitive decline can be a real concern for older people like you.
You obviously know there are no positive attributes regarding Trask. Otherwise you'd name at least 1 or 2 instead of take personal shots at me.
Most hated man in America.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Trasks final year in college stats were comparable to many of the top picks of recent drafts. Thats not nothing.

He also faced strong compition being from the SEC.

He didnt have int issues, he was productive, he had a good record, his main flaw is he isnt a super athlete.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:34 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:01 pm The history of the NFL is literally littered with successful QB’s who weren’t first round picks. “We don’t know” isn’t an invalid argument until we truly don’t know.

I’m not advocating for Trask because Baker is playing well, but I’m not writing him off because he’s never been given a chance either.
The history of this league is also littered with guys who forced themselves onto the field. Tony Romo, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles. If Trask proved himself, Baker would not be here.
Yes and no. The league is also littered with guys lost to circumstance. We'd like to think Hurts is such an awesome guy he should've somehow risen past everything, but the truth is if the Eagles land Wilson, it is far more likely than not that Hurts becomes yet another QB to fall through the cracks.

And the narrative would've been "If Hurts had proven himself, they would've never traded for Wilson".
Luckily Wilson vetoed the trade and saved Howie from himself.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:43 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:41 pm

Is that all you can remember? You need to get that checked out. Cognitive decline can be a real concern for older people like you.
You obviously know there are no positive attributes regarding Trask. Otherwise you'd name at least 1 or 2 instead of take personal shots at me.
You obviously know nothing or you would not keep claiming what I do or do not know. These aren't personal shots at you. They are statements of fact based on your behavior and posts.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I can think of nothing dumber than trying to say "Player A isn't better than Player B according to GM(s) XYZ, so it's now law that Player A won't ever amount to anything because if he could, that would've never happened."
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:36 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:32 pm

I wanted Trask to win the training camp battle.... and if the Buccaneers are eliminated from playoff contention, I would want to start Trask to get a better look at him. Kinda different than what you are claiming. Baker has played well this year. The defense is more the reason for losses than Baker.
And yet you want Baker benched if we fall out of playoffs contention, even if he isn't the main reason why.....
Would it not be advantageous to use the remaining 2023 season to evaluate key future pieces?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Noles1724 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:49 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:36 pm

And yet you want Baker benched if we fall out of playoffs contention, even if he isn't the main reason why.....
Would it not be advantageous to use the remaining 2023 season to evaluate key future pieces?
Kyle Trask doesn't fit into that category.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Trask has:

- Prototypical size
- A strong enough arm to make any throw on the field
- Good feet in the pocket
- A feel for impending pressure.
- Above average accuracy, which imo is one of the top three things you look for in a QB along with footwork and good decision making. 68% career accuracy is college, better than Pat Mahomes had for whatever that's worth.
- Speaking of decision-making, Trask made good ones consistently, reading coverages appropriately and working his way through his progressions like an adult.
- A 17-5 record as a collegiate starter against excellent competition.
- A fourth place finish as a Heisman finalist
- For people that like production and STATS, he has those in spades as a starter, as one would expect since he was voted as being the fourth best player in the country.
- Most impressively from his college film, he throws guys open. He read the leverage of defenders who were covering his receivers and could throw the ball away from said defender so that only his guy had a shot at it.
- He elevated the play of the teammates around him. Both Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney looked like otherworldly talents in college when Kyle Trask was throwing them the ball, leading to both of them being drafted in the first round three years ago -- Pitts at fourth overall, Toney at twentieth overall. And both those dudes are looking like busts halfway through their third NFL seasons. A reasonable person could posit that maybe the one who was making plays weren't the dudes catching the rock; maybe it was the guy throwing it.
- Trask wasn't the product of a system that put up impressive production consistently, nor did he benefit from a coach who did the same. Indeed, his college head coach Dan Mullen fell apart after Trask was drafted, as did the whole Florida program. Florida peaked as the #3 team in the country during Trask's senior year; Mullen went below .500 the following season and was summarily fired.

I could go on, but I think you guys get the point.

Folks around here are pretending that Trask was never good at football or something. Dude was a second round pick for a reason, and there was a point just a few months ago where he was in the driver's seat in the head to head competition with Baker Mayfield to be the starting quarterback of this team. And reasonable folks could posit that he was never given a fair shake at the job, as he has never worked with the starters in live action against a NFL opponent, despite Bowles publicly promising those reps and thus an even competitive field.

I am surprised this took multiple pages in this thread to bring these positives up. The only things that Trask is he's not an elite athlete and he has yet to take live good-on-good reps against NFL opposition. Garbage time throwing nine attempts to backups in the Falcons game last year don't count, but if you think they should I wrote a whole long-ass post about that this off-season, so feel free to read up on those reps; spoiler alert they were pretty good actually.

I'll get off my soapbox and watch MNF now. Y'all have a good night.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

@Cheb Thank you. This is more than anyone has ever said about Trask.

Also watching MNF, that's a TD.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:07 pm
Noles1724 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:49 pm

Kyle Trask doesn't fit into that category.
The position does
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

What an amazing catch by Sutton.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Yup
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

We had a whole offseason of this and dude really trying to pretend like no one ever said anything good about Trask.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

For everyone acting like he was such a great QB, College stats.
Trask 67.9% 69 TDs 15 INTs
Tebow 67.1% 88 TDs 16 INTs

Tebow was an incredibly better athlete. No scout thought Tebow was draftable. I didn't read anywhere were Trask would be drafted earlier than day two and no one had him over Kellen Mond . Almost all had him behind Davis Mills. Some had him 7th round. We all get that grading a QB isn't a science. The only thing he had on Tebow at all was he was more accurate at all levels and even then, his career average is only 0.8% higher than Tebow. I am honestly unsure why someone who is less athletic, only marginally more accurate, and had an entire one full more interception to TD ratio throwing the ball over Tebow is going to be that great. I didn't see it in preseason this you. IDK what you people were watching in preseason. Yeah yeah, the ones weren't in. He alternated every day in practice with the ones/twos and everyone else. He should have had plenty of chemistry with Palmer, Thompkins, Jarrett, and all the other scrubs when playing against other twos and threes and scrubs. I have no idea what you saw that I didn't see
Last edited by kaimaru on Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:38 pm We had a whole offseason of this and dude really trying to pretend like no one ever said anything good about Trask.
Only took 2 pages to say something good today though and only 1 person could.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Josh Allen sucks
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:43 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:38 pm We had a whole offseason of this and dude really trying to pretend like no one ever said anything good about Trask.
I thought he was beating around the bush that you're biased towards black quarterbacks but didn't have the balls to say it.

I still can't figure out how Trask got thrown in there.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:02 pm

I thought he was beating around the bush that you're biased towards black quarterbacks but didn't have the balls to say it.

I'm not sure how he or you made this about race.

Pretty sure though half the leagues starting QBs are black. So if it's a crime to be a fan of black QBs, I suppose that would make most people guilty.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:07 pm
_MB_ wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:02 pm

I'm not sure how he or you made this about race.

Pretty sure though half the leagues starting QBs are black. So if it's a crime to be a fan of black QBs, I suppose that would make most people guilty.
I'm biased towards a great long ball.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bills losing to the Broncos. How is this possible? I've been assured by multiple board experts if you are a good team you should never play poorly ever, especially vs a bad team.

Clearly the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, etc are all pretenders.
They should be embarrassed and clean house.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:44 pmJosh Allen sucks
I've never liked the guy, he always comes across as an idiot and a narcissist in interviews so I am enjoying watching him implode.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

wesmon wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:16 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:44 pmJosh Allen sucks
I've never liked the guy, he always comes across as an idiot and a narcissist in interviews so I am enjoying watching him implode.
He use to seem very humble and down to earth. But after people started crowning him the best QB in the league because he lost a close playoff game to Mahomes, it definitely went to his head. He comes off like he's untouchable. Super talented but these turnovers are piling up.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Except it didn't. It took two pages for someone to finally take your stupid bait on a moot subject just to shut you up.
But we went an entire offseason dissecting Trask and Baker and you were there for all of it.
Pretending no one ever said anything good about Trask is just flat-out disingenuous.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:43 pm

Except it didn't. It took two pages for someone to finally take your stupid bait on a moot subject just to shut you up.
But we went an entire offseason dissecting Trask and Baker and you were there for all of it.
Pretending no one ever said anything good about Trask is just flat-out disingenuous.
It wasn't a bait.

You and @13F11B are so caught up in the gambit, so wrapped up in these characters you've both created, you can't tell reality from your own delusions. You think you're smarter than everyone else and see things in a 6 dimensional way. Not even close.

@Cheb had zero problems naming positive attributes he saw in Trask while all you and @13F11B could come up with was "Oh you don't already know?". You didn't have anything. You were more worried in trying to get one on me.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:16 pm Bills losing to the Broncos. How is this possible? I've been assured by multiple board experts if you are a good team you should never play poorly ever, especially vs a bad team.

Clearly the Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, etc are all pretenders.
They should be embarrassed and clean house.
Is this your attempt at justifying Bucs losing to the Falcons or Texans in the fashion they did?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Josh Allen has either regressed or is in a state of funk. I'm sure Allen and the Bills offense thought they were back in form when they passed at will against the Bucs. Too bad, most defenses do not allow pitch and catch the way our defense does.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:58 pm Josh Allen has either regressed or is in a state of funk. I'm sure Allen and the Bills offense thought they were back in form when they passed at will against the Bucs. Too bad, most defenses do not allow pitch and catch the way our defense does.
This isn't a "funk". It's been his reality.

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Zero blitz like Bowels loses the game hahahaha
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:23 pm Zero blitz like Bowels loses the game hahahaha
It worked the 1st time they did it. Why you do this 2 plays in a row though is beyond mind boggling.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

This is BRILLIANT by Denver. Buffalo was completely unprepared.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Missed and 12 men
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:24 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:23 pm Zero blitz like Bowels loses the game hahahaha
It worked the 1st time they did it. Why you do this 2 plays in a row though is beyond mind boggling.
And they showed it too. Horrible choice
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Who wants to lose the game more?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:27 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:24 pm

And they showed it too. Horrible choice
Yep. That was a disaster of a final drive by the Buffalo defense and coaching staff honestly.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Is it me or has Russ turned into Mayfield at this point of his career? This was a poster child of not settling for field goals. Denver makes our team look disciplined. Holy cow the penalties