Week 10 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Week 10 Discussion

Post by mdb1958 »

So when do we hear Mayfield has a injured thumb
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:36 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:32 pm

I wanted Trask to win the training camp battle.... and if the Buccaneers are eliminated from playoff contention, I would want to start Trask to get a better look at him. Kinda different than what you are claiming. Baker has played well this year. The defense is more the reason for losses than Baker.
And yet you want Baker benched if we fall out of playoffs contention, even if he isn't the main reason why.....
True. Intelligent posters understand why that is.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:43 pm So when do we hear Mayfield has a injured thumb
First injury reports are due Wednesday I believe.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

So what ever happened to the red unis being our home jerseys? I remember going back to the 90s, whenever November rolled around, the white homes were put in the closet. I miss the red and pewter.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:45 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:36 pm

And yet you want Baker benched if we fall out of playoffs contention, even if he isn't the main reason why.....
True. Intelligent posters understand why that is.
Do tell. Let's go off the premise that I'm not an intelligent poster.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I think the reason people want Baker benched is because while he is good, hes not great. He is mid-tier and will probably never be a top 5 qb in the league.

Baker has probably reached his final form and its mediocre.

The reason people want to see Trask is because it was actually fairly close in camp and while Baker may be maxed out, Trask has a lot of room to grow.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Baker and the defense play like this the rest of the season they’re going to win 5+ more games. If that’s the case nobody is getting fired and baker probably gets extended. Or at least tagged.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

So the Lions keep winning. 6-2 and #2 seed in NFC playoff
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Obsolete wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:15 pm I think the reason people want Baker benched is because while he is good, hes not great. He is mid-tier and will probably never be a top 5 qb in the league.

The reason people want to see Trask is because it was actually fairly close in camp and while Baker may be maxed out, Trask has a lot of room to grow.
No one really believes that honestly. Not 1 person has said they believe Trask has a high ceiling. "Room to grow" is such a vague phrase that could mean anything. Grow into what exactly? You're not gonna say "well sky is the limit for him". I think at best you're looking at a poor man's Mike Glennon. And people know this.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:41 pm Baker and the defense play like this the rest of the season they’re going to win 5+ more games. If that’s the case nobody is getting fired and baker probably gets extended. Or at least tagged.
Looking at our final 8 the only real daunting task is this Sunday at the Niners. We have a real chance at a 7-1 finish.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:02 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:41 pm Baker and the defense play like this the rest of the season they’re going to win 5+ more games. If that’s the case nobody is getting fired and baker probably gets extended. Or at least tagged.
Looking at our final 8 the only real daunting task is this Sunday at the Niners. We have a real chance at a 7-1 finish.
We know they’ll lay an egg or 3, plus this Sunday. But, yeah. Overall the schedule is “easy.”
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:08 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:02 pm

We know they’ll lay an egg or 3, plus this Sunday. But, yeah. Overall the schedule is “easy.”
Oh yea, 7-1 is highly unlikely, but we have a chance. Just sort of "perfect world" scenario. But it's the NFL. A call here, injury there, mistake here could change it all.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:41 pm If that’s the case nobody is getting fired and baker probably gets extended.
After actually going to the game yesterday and talking to a lot of people…and throwing back a few…if this is the case, the fan base will be pissed. Not many people are fans of Baker/Bowles. They want change. Baker’s fan club is prolly less than the number of people Brady’s hooked up with in the last year…maybe month.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:00 pm
Obsolete wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:15 pm I think the reason people want Baker benched is because while he is good, hes not great. He is mid-tier and will probably never be a top 5 qb in the league.

No one really believes that honestly. Not 1 person has said they believe Trask has a high ceiling. "Room to grow" is such a vague phrase that could mean anything. Grow into what exactly? You're not gonna say "well sky is the limit for him". I think at best you're looking at a poor man's Mike Glennon. And people know this.
I think my premise is alive and well when you make statements like that.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm

Well, I've asked this question for 2 years now and the answer is always the same: "He might not suck".

So let's try this again: What makes Kyle Trask a good option at QB?
Snake

Post by Snake »

My take is: there is a 0% chance Baker Mayfield becomes a sustained above average quarterback in the league- who you should sign to a long contract. There is a nonzero chance the same applies to Kyle Trask. Even if it is close to zero.

Theres a very low chance either of them are long term plans here. Personally, I don’t see the downside in giving Trask a shot. But I’m also not coaching for my job and would prefer the team lose out…
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:58 pm My take is: there is a 0% chance Baker Mayfield becomes a sustained above average quarterback in the league- who you should sign to a long contract. There is a nonzero chance the same applies to Kyle Trask. Even if it is close to zero.

Theres a very low chance either of them are long term plans here. Personally, I don’t see the downside in giving Trask a shot. But I’m also not coaching for my job and would prefer the team lose out…
Let's make clear what I'm asking. Here's a quick write up from you earlier today on CJ Stroud.
Snake wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:26 am I said it in my draft profile about him. He’s the most advanced thrower of his class, and it’s not even close. And he’s processing the game extremely well. The only concern about him coming out was the fact that he did poorly against pressure in college. It’s like the opposite now. He has a path to being a top three quarterback in the NFL.
"Most advanced thrower"
"Processes game extremely well"
"only concern about him coming out was the fact that he did poorly against pressure in college. It’s like the opposite now"
"Top 3 potential"

You effortlessly rattled off several positive attributes that made/make Stroud a good option to play QB. And did so very well.

Now do the same for Trask. What attributes does he possess? Or is the answer you don't know and "he has a nonzero chance he becomes a sustained above average QB".
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:04 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:58 pm My take is: there is a 0% chance Baker Mayfield becomes a sustained above average quarterback in the league- who you should sign to a long contract. There is a nonzero chance the same applies to Kyle Trask. Even if it is close to zero.

Let's make clear what I'm asking. Here's a quick write up from you earlier today on CJ Stroud.
Snake wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:26 am I said it in my draft profile about him. He’s the most advanced thrower of his class, and it’s not even close. And he’s processing the game extremely well. The only concern about him coming out was the fact that he did poorly against pressure in college. It’s like the opposite now. He has a path to being a top three quarterback in the NFL.
"Most advanced thrower"
"only concern about him coming out was the fact that he did poorly against pressure in college. It’s like the opposite now"
"Top 3 potential"

Now do the same for Trask. What attributes does he possess? Or is the answer you don't know and "he has a nonzero chance he becomes a sustained above average QB".
Would have to be some intangible “cognitive” thing that clicked under live bullets. Again, when I say “non-zero” I mean like 0.1% chance. I can’t even provide an example of a guy who made that sort of leap. It’s conjecture.

The arm is the arm, the mobility is the mobility, the accuracy is the accuracy. Those are what they are.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:09 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:04 pm

"Most advanced thrower"
"Top 3 potential"

Would have to be some intangible “cognitive” thing that clicked under live bullets. Again, when I say “non-zero” I mean like 0.1% chance. I can’t even provide an example of a guy who made that sort of leap. It’s conjecture.

The arm is the arm, the mobility is the mobility, the accuracy is the accuracy. Those are what they are.
Doesn't sound like a guy that should've been drafted, let alone play for an NFL team.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:10 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:09 pm

Doesn't sound like a guy that should've been drafted, let alone play for an NFL team.
Just another reason why I’d probably pay to sit in scouting meetings.

because what I see and what they see can be so drastically different… I don’t even know if we’re watching the same sport sometimes
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:46 pm Didn’t Stroud lose to Carolina before playing us? Cherry pick a couple games why don’tcha.
Cherry picking is the art of their game, haven't you heard?

It's all already preset. If we lose its because of our embarrassing coaches and if we win its in spite of them. What actually happens in a game doesn't matter.

But at the same time if we win because of our amazing players, no credit to the GM that got those players, because luck or something.

Point is, no matter what happens the only answer is clean house because it's a bucs life.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:31 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:41 pm If that’s the case nobody is getting fired and baker probably gets extended.
After actually going to the game yesterday and talking to a lot of people…and throwing back a few…if this is the case, the fan base will be pissed. Not many people are fans of Baker/Bowles. They want change. Baker’s fan club is prolly less than the number of people Brady’s hooked up with in the last year…maybe month.
Sounds like a stellar day. Glad you enjoyed it! Always fun to get a win in person. The Lions’ game for me was a bummer.

I feel like Baker has played really well so far. He’s up against it. As are Bowles/Licht/Canales.

This QB class has got to be so enticing for anyone wanting that change.

Their only option is to keep winning and make it impossible to fire them.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I know this blows tankaholics simple little minds but we can keep winning AND draft our next franchise QB.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:32 pm I know this blows tankaholics simple little minds but we can keep winning AND draft our next franchise QB.
There’s going to be a laundry list of them. Throw a dart at which one ends up having the best NFL career.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

You dont know that though. Who woulda thought Tom Brady would end up being the GOAT? I'm pretty positive if you go back in time theres not 1 person who would say that.

Am i saying hes the next Tom Brady? No, but its not out of the realm of possibility that he cant be at least someone good enough to build around.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:54 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:34 pm

Well, I've asked this question for 2 years now and the answer is always the same: "He might not suck".

So let's try this again: What makes Kyle Trask a good option at QB?
Again, your intelligence is lacking because you keep asking the wrong question or not understanding what I keep telling you. I will not be put in your pathetic, stupid, idiotic box. Either admit you are dumber than a pet rock or stop being a dick by asking the same stupid question.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Obsolete wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:38 pm

You dont know that though. Who woulda thought Tom Brady would end up being the GOAT? I'm pretty positive if you go back in time theres not 1 person who would say that.

Am i saying hes the next Tom Brady? No, but its not out of the realm of possibility that he cant be at least someone good enough to build around.
You look at any scouting reports for any QB and I bet you the argument for said guy won't be "well look at Tom Brady".

Something. Anything other than pointing to 1 guy who started his career 23 years ago. Yet no one is able to say 1 good thing Trask brings to the table other then he might not suck.

Honestly it seems people fully understand why Trask isn't starting. They just don't want to admit it.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

The history of the NFL is literally littered with successful QB’s who weren’t first round picks. “We don’t know” isn’t an invalid argument until we truly don’t know.

I’m not advocating for Trask because Baker is playing well, but I’m not writing him off because he’s never been given a chance either.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

These arguments are all smoke and mirrors as we all pretend to be big brain enough to successfully objectively compare QB in a vacuum.

And worse still, the unspoken hero worshipping premise that circumstances don't matter and their success is independent of them.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Doctor wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:32 pm I know this blows tankaholics simple little minds but we can keep winning AND draft our next franchise QB.
If Bowles is still here, that’s not a good thing.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:53 pm
Obsolete wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:38 pm

You look at any scouting reports for any QB and I bet you the argument for said guy won't be "well look at Tom Brady".

Something. Anything other than pointing to 1 guy who started his career 23 years ago. Yet no one is able to say 1 good thing Trask brings to the table other then he might not suck.

Honestly it seems people fully understand why Trask isn't starting. They just don't want to admit it.
People have given you things, but you have ignored them.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:01 pm The history of the NFL is literally littered with successful QB’s who weren’t first round picks. “We don’t know” isn’t an invalid argument until we truly don’t know.

I’m not advocating for Trask because Baker is playing well, but I’m not writing him off because he’s never been given a chance either.
The history of this league is also littered with guys who forced themselves onto the field. Tony Romo, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles. If Trask proved himself, Baker would not be here.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:32 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:53 pm

Not 1 thing. Oh, except "look what Tom Brady did".
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:35 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:32 pm

Not 1 thing. Oh, except "look what Tom Brady did".
Is that all you can remember? You need to get that checked out. Cognitive decline can be a real concern for older people like you.