Week 10 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Week 10 Discussion

Post by Bootz »

Nothing really stands out this week. Another shitty "Market Bowl" matchup with Jets v Raiders on Sunday. Houston @ Cincinnati intrigues me.

Most hated man in America.
Kona

Re: Week 10 Discussion

Post by Kona »

That prime time lineup is brutal. Why they didn’t flex Jax/SF to SNF beyond me.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

For those of you interested in bad coaching 101 please tune in to the TItans vs. Buccaneers. Todd Bowles will be delivering a master class in how to fuck over a talented team with awful coaching decisions. Hard to believe, but he claims he will make a worse decision than last weeks decision to take a time out preserving more time on the clock for his opponent to score the game winning TD.

"I wanted our defense to show they could win a game. I wanted my boys to win, not the clock."
~ Todd Bowels
Last edited by 13F11B on Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:14 pm For those of you interested in bad coaching 101 please tune in to the TItans vs. Buccaneers. Todd Bowles will be delivering a master class in how to fuck over a talented team with awful coaching decisions. Hard to believe, but he claims he will make a worse decision than last weeks decision to take a time out preserving more time on the clock for his opponent to score the game winning TD.

"I wanted our defense to show they could win a game. I wanted my boys to win, not the clock."
~ Todd Bowels
Did he really say that?!
MRM

Post by MRM »

What a bad group of games, especially the national games. Lions-Chargers could be interesting.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh no! Over/under Levis 5 touchdowns
QB change: #Titans  are making rookie Will Levis their permanent starting QB. Ryan Tannehill is the backup.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Phantom wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:48 pm Oh no! Over/under Levis 5 touchdowns
QB change: #Titans  are making rookie Will Levis their permanent starting QB. Ryan Tannehill is the backup.
He will throw 6. Bowles defense will be exposed as a fraud as he stands stoically debating if he should apply to Waffle House or Checkers.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:18 pm
13F11B wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:14 pm For those of you interested in bad coaching 101 please tune in to the TItans vs. Buccaneers. Todd Bowles will be delivering a master class in how to fuck over a talented team with awful coaching decisions. Hard to believe, but he claims he will make a worse decision than last weeks decision to take a time out preserving more time on the clock for his opponent to score the game winning TD.

~ Todd Bowels
Did he really say that?!
God no. He is not that stupid. (I hope)
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

This is a league wide bye week as far as I'm concerned. Zero compelling games.

I'll check that Bucs box score just to see if Levis comes close to or surpasses the record Stroud just set against us.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

It appears Stinnie has earned the starting G spot over Feiler and will be the starter moving forward.

Its about damn time. Now if we could get Mauch out of there. He should've redshirted this year.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Obsolete wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:16 am It appears Stinnie has earned the starting G spot over Feiler and will be the starter moving forward.

Its about damn time. Now if we could get Mauch out of there. He should've redshirted this year.
Who keeps getting the pass for not improving our run blocking?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I also think we are unaware just how much power this guy still has.

Bruce Arians Senior Advisor to the General Manager.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 am I also think we are unaware just how much power this guy still has.

I guess that would be the reason Licht will get fired then. He listened to Bruce Arians a tad bit too much.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Obsolete wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:16 am It appears Stinnie has earned the starting G spot over Feiler and will be the starter moving forward.

Feiler has been out with a knee injury the past few weeks, not benched.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:38 am
mdb1958 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:39 am I also think we are unaware just how much power this guy still has.

I guess that would be the reason Licht will get fired then. He listened to Bruce Arians a tad bit too much.

When some of the coaches were let go last year, who was it that acted like he fired them?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:44 am
13F11B wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:38 am

When some of the coaches were let go last year, who was it that acted like he fired them?
I am not sure. I was not at One Buc Place when this happened.

I know the press reported that they were fired, but do not remember any claim that it was a specific person at OBP.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:44 am

Not sure how credible it is but joebucsfan reported that he'll be starting the remainder of the season due to his play the last couple weeks.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Obsolete wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:03 pm
Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:44 am

Not sure how credible it is but joebucsfan reported that he'll be starting the remainder of the season due to his play the last couple weeks.
Could be the case. Especially if they believe he's been better than Feiler was.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Mauch has actually been better than expected. LG/C are where our biggest issues are at.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Welcome back Justin Jefferson!
Breaking: The Minnesota Vikings announced WR Justin Jefferson has been designated to return to practice.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

as much as we are cracking on this team, if we sweep the division and win three games (titans, colts, packers ), 10-7 can win the division
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

bucarican wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:51 pm as much as we are cracking on this team, if we sweep the division and win three games (titans, colts, packers ), 10-7 can win the division
Can't sweep the division. They already lost to Atlanta.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Remaining Schedules

Atlanta
Week 10: at Arizona Cardinals -- 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: New Orleans Saints -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 13: at New York Jets -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 14: Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 15: at Carolina Panthers -- TBD
Week 16: Indianapolis Colts -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 17: at Chicago Bears -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 18: at New Orleans Saints -- TBD

Panthers
Week 10: at Chicago Bears -- 8:15 p.m. (Amazon)
Week 11: Dallas Cowboys -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 12: at Tennessee Titans -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 13: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 14: at New Orleans Saints -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 15: Atlanta Falcons -- TBD
Week 16: Green By Packers -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 17: at Jacksonville Jaguars -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 18: Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- TBD

Saints
Week 10: at Minnesota Vikings -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: at Atlanta Falcons -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 13: vs. Detroit Lions -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 14: vs. Carolina Panthers -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 15 vs. New York, Giants -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 16: at Los Angeles Rams -- 8:15 p.m. (Prime Video)
Week 17: at Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- 1 p.m. (Fox)
Week 18: vs. Atlanta Falcons -- TBD (Fox)

Buccaneers
Week 10: vs Tennessee Titans -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 11: at San Francisco 49ers -- 4:05 p.m. (FOX)
Week 12: at Indianapolis Colts -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 13: vs Carolina Panthers -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 14: at Atlanta Falcons -- 1 p.m. (CBS)
Week 15: at Green Bay Packers -- 1 p.m. (FOX)
Week 16: vs Jacksonville Jaguars -- 4:05 p.m. (CBS)
Week 17: vs New Orleans Saints -- 1 p.m. (FOX
Week 18: at Carolina Panthers -- TBD (TBD)

Remaining Strength of Schedule
Carolina .453
Tampa Bay .427
New Orleans .406
Atlanta .362

Things are not looking good.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Looks impossible to predict. All 3 teams are basically separate by 1 game. And unless you're going with the naive "they'll beat bad team/lose to good team" argument casual fans like to use, any of those 3 teams can win the division.

ADDITIONALLY, the 7th seed is also open. Who has it now? Minnesota. A Minnesota team that lost their starting QB and is only 5-4. A Minnesota team that TB has already beaten and would have a tie breaker over. Same with the Saints, who we have another game against at home.

It's early November folks. This is far from over.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I mean, I see like 6-7 winnable games for the Bucs if Bowles can find his dick on defense.

That’s a favorable schedule.

Not saying they WILL win. But I see a bunch of coin flips at worst.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

13F11B wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:17 am
bucarican wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:51 pm as much as we are cracking on this team, if we sweep the division and win three games (titans, colts, packers ), 10-7 can win the division
Can't sweep the division. They already lost to Atlanta.
Think they meant the remaining 4 games. This schedule is gravy. However, we obviously aren't playing well and can't beat bad teams anyway, and the Saints have an even easier schedule, so I don't think it's going to matter. Those grasping defeat from the jaws of victory losses to Atlanta and Houston really hurt.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

It is really interesting how everyone feels confident in this team based on the schedule remaining. I mean…I understand it; there are a lot of not-good football teams out there.

But process and results-wise…what are we?

* We’ve been relatively healthy (that is apt to change to a degree).

* We’re not good at defending the Quick game + QBs extend plays against us like crazy via escapes and pocket manipulation. While our pass rush isn’t good, this makes it look worse than it is. When QBs extend and go off-script, we’re utterly terrible at finding guys and plastering them (one big reason our pass D sucks is because we don’t take advantage of the ways you can legally interfere in the backfield like good defenses do in these situations). We play a lot of matchup-principle zone and teams take advantage of this by running concepts that put pressure on matchups as plays are extended. We routinely see a guy not matched because of extended plays because of this (and also because we aren’t as good as matchup-zone as we should be).

* We’re unbelievably bad on 3rd down and especially 3rd and long on D.

* Our iOL is rough.

* Our QB is volatile in their play.

* We routinely foil our own big plays on O with drops or incidental Holds.

* We don’t turn offenses over reliably; through the air (particularly tip-picks) or Sack/Fumbles.

* Our Edge players don’t generate plays nor do they generate protection-impacting fear.

* We make so many weird game management decisions whether it be clock management or when to go/punt/FG or play calling in key situations.

* This defense relies heavily upon cerebral, play-making Safeties in all phases. We have one of the best and one of the worst.

* We have the worst Hole defender in the NFL.

—————

How does anyone look at that suite of routine characteristics and feel comfortable about winning any game, regardless of opposition? Yes, this is the NFL and teams will win/lose games they have no reason to. But if you’re baking a cake for losing? Those bullet points above are 5-star ingredients.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Could. Not necessarily should or will. The evidence of what we've seen points to about 3 or 4 more wins. All the teams playing us are saying they should win as well.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:15 pm Could. Not necessarily should or will. The evidence of what we've seen points to about 3 or 4 more wins. All the teams playing us are saying they should win as well.
I know what you're saying, but evidence is what I'm pointing at above. The only countervailing evidence to the above where I can see to feel comfortable that we'll win is:

* Carolina is terrible and we play them twice. But its hard to beat a team twice, especially if you're a bad football team yourself. Call that a split.

Outside of that? I don't know. I mean, everytime a team comes out against us on 3rd down, Empty Set...and I know we're going to play Cover 6 against it (Match Quarters Trips side and 2 Read Doubles side), I feel hopeless. I feel like we aren't going to get to the QB quickly enough (either because we don't have the juice off the edge or because the QB will extend the play with the 5v4 blocking advantage) + they''re going to run a matchup-zone beater that will yield a bust after like 2.2 seconds in the pocket...and sure enough...there it is (bust)!

I feel hopeless because the resume (the evidence) points to hopeless.

And then Coach Bowles is going to talk about "busts"...like teams aren't actually generating those busts by running concepts from Empty that are stressing our matchup-principles Cover 6 that we routinely play against it. We need do a lot more things against Empty Sets than we do and especially on 3rd down.

But lets look at the rest of the schedule outside of those two games with the Panthers:

TITANS: Who knows. They've got young QB juice and a game-wrecker at Tackle. Could be a win there for us but I could see it either way particular with our spiral (they're catching us at the right time).

INDY: Are we better than Indy? On the road? I don't see it.

FALCONS: We already beat them once and we got our asses kicked a whole lot in that game <WHOOPS>. And they're at home. See "propensity to split with teams." @Bootz hat-tip. My brain is borked. We lost against the Falcons, so likely win there based on split.

PACKERS: On the road in December at Lambeau? Don't love our chances against them.

JAGS: So much better than us from QBing to defense to coaching. If we win, its a total "no one saw that coming" kind of win.

SAINTS: We won game 1. See "propensity to split." And they're trending upward while we're spiraling.

+++++++++++++++++

So, the way I look at this, the evidence points toward a likely split with the Panthers and lean L (though certainly not assured as this is the NFL) elsewhere except Falcons and then Titans where its 50/50. So 5ish wins?
Last edited by Nobody on Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

@Nobody We lost to the Falcons.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

for Bootz
FB.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Neal for MvP!
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I hope he gets a couple probowl votes!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Noles1724 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:52 pm for Bootz

FB.JPG
That doesn't surprise me 1 but. The tape don't lie. Thats been a guarantee for QBs this season.

I just wonder what the volume is. How many completions and big plays has he given up?