Next GM and Coach Tracker

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Babeinbucland

Re: Next GM and Coach Tracker

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:49 pm Looking at this season... Bowles has made me wish Schiano was here.
BLASPHEMY BLASPHEMY BLASPHEMY DON’T EVER TALK LIKE THAT AGAIN. ARRRRGGGGHHHH I JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH A LITTLE.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Anyone thinking of Kirby Smart?
I said what I said

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

hahaha You can’t be serious Bibl
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

The thing is I like Canales. I think he's learning and will eventually progress into a really good OC. Maybe they can find a HC on the same page with Canales.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:13 am Anyone thinking of Kirby Smart?
There has been a clear regression in Alabama defenses since Kirby left. But his successes are a lot more because of recruiting.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Central_Buc wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:03 am The thing is I like Canales. I think he's learning and will eventually progress into a really good OC. Maybe they can find a HC on the same page with Canales.
Like Shane Waldron
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:40 pm
Central_Buc wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:03 am The thing is I like Canales. I think he's learning and will eventually progress into a really good OC. Maybe they can find a HC on the same page with Canales.
Like Shane Waldron
Sounds good to me.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

I like @Cheb bringing up Ronde Barber as possible GM replacement. Throw in Derrick Brooks for HC and Warren Sapp for DC. If our offensive playcaller improves over the course of this season, maybe give him another shot to continue his gig.

Bowles is currently coaching us not to lose. Our dynasty D legends were always about punching the other team on the jaw. And they had high standards for performance, effort and accountability as players. Warren Sapp who is a frequent guest on Jason Whitlock's YouTube show is still a super Bucs fan with great defensive acumen.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Trent Dilfer for OC!!
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Elevate Mark Alsott from high school HC to NFL HC.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Tom Brady as OC, Derrick Brooks as DC. Ronde Barber as GM. Is Sam Wyche alive? 5 dash 2

Now that’s dream team!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I’m a nope nope nope on this

2 Reasons Why Buccaneers Could Land Bill Belichick: Insider

https://heavy.com/sports/tampa-bay-bucc ... 4fO6qFmvAc
I said what I said

Snake

Post by Snake »

Why would he ever come to Tampa? He needs to go to the chargers where he could have a great young quarterback, and just fix one side of the ball that he’s already an expert on.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

lol the article BiBl provided is a fucking joke.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:53 pm Why would he ever come to Tampa? He needs to go to the chargers where he could have a great young quarterback, and just fix one side of the ball that he’s already an expert on.
Overpaid =/= great
Most hated man in America.
MJW

Post by MJW »

It seems highly unlikely the next coach keeps Canales unless he's another "Whatever, I don't care about the offense" Todd Bowles type. Which ALSO seems unlikely.

I can't see this happening, but if OBP really liked Canales THAT much, they'd probably just Koetter him up the ladder to HC. But that's a really tough sell when a) he hasn't been working with a useful young QB yet and b) the offense is as totally mediocre as it has been.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'm sorry, just how not mediocre should a first time OCs offense with Baker Mayfield be 10 games in?

I can't wait to hear this.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:25 am I'm sorry, just how not mediocre should a first time OCs offense with Baker Mayfield be 10 games in?

She didn’t really say they should be better than mediocre. Just that they are.

And I’d agree if you’re going to promote someone they should be better than mediocre. I don’t imagine they’d fire Bowles and keep Canales. Might as well just give them both another year in their respective positions.

We’ll see how the rest of the season plays out.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:25 am I'm sorry, just how not mediocre should a first time OCs offense with Baker Mayfield be 10 games in?

In the scenario she's mentioning we'd fire Bowles and keep Canales as HC. Make a case for Canales being promoted.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Babeinbucland wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:16 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:49 pm Looking at this season... Bowles has made me wish Schiano was here.
BLASPHEMY BLASPHEMY BLASPHEMY DON’T EVER TALK LIKE THAT AGAIN. ARRRRGGGGHHHH I JUST THREW UP IN MY MOUTH A LITTLE.
People remember Schiano though. Nobody is going to remember Bowles and his mediocrity. But Greg had MRSA, kneel down gate, toes on the line, stealing players off of practice squads, the Josh Freeman soap opera etc...

Looking back, if we suck I'd rather it be an entertaining train wreck then the boring failure of a Bowles or even worse, a Koetter.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bootz wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:10 am

In the scenario she's mentioning we'd fire Bowles and keep Canales as HC. Make a case for Canales being promoted.
Yes, but she's saying it's a hard sell to promote Canales to HC because the offense has been disappointingly mid.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:34 pm

Yes, but she's saying it's a hard sell to promote Canales to HC because the offense has been disappointingly mid.
Well make a case against what she said if you can.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:34 pm

It is. If they think Canales is future HC material you keep Bowles and Canales in their respective roles for 2024. When Bowles inevitably fails again then you can promote DC if his offense has improved.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

wesmon wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:20 am
Babeinbucland wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:16 pm

People remember Schiano though. Nobody is going to remember Bowles and his mediocrity. But Greg had MRSA, kneel down gate, toes on the line, stealing players off of practice squads, the Josh Freeman soap opera etc...

Looking back, if we suck I'd rather it be an entertaining train wreck then the boring failure of a Bowles or even worse, a Koetter.
You like trauma bonding I see lol
I said what I said

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:15 pm
wesmon wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:20 am

You like trauma bonding I see lol
Right. Why would anyone ever want a Schiano repeat
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Schiano, another example of how success at the college level doesn't translate into success at the pro level.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:19 pm Schiano, another example of how success at the college level doesn't translate into success at the pro level.
Schiano is hardly an example of this. He never had "success" at the college level before we hired him.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Schiano is what happens when you look for a Bargain Bin Belichick - Good Culture & Details Amplifying GOAT QBing + Bad Culture & Off-the-Field-Details Amplifying Very Much Not GOAT QBing.

The only good thing about Schiano is the LVD pick and that his defense put LVD in a playmaking position so we got to see his early resume was beefed up for HoF consideration (despite playing with a dearth of talent around him).
Max

Post by Max »

Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:39 pm I’m a nope nope nope on this

2 Reasons Why Buccaneers Could Land Bill Belichick: Insider

https://heavy.com/sports/tampa-bay-bucc ... 4fO6qFmvAc
I would rather the Bucs not be a part of the Belichick getting exposed for what he is story arc.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

I'm gonna pistol whip the next person who says Schiano
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Nobody wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:45 pm Schiano is what happens when you look for a Bargain Bin Belichick - Good Culture & Details Amplifying GOAT QBing + Bad Culture & Off-the-Field-Details Amplifying Very Much Not GOAT QBing.

The only good thing about Schiano is the LVD pick and that his defense put LVD in a playmaking position so we got to see his early resume was beefed up for HoF consideration (despite playing with a dearth of talent around him).
Schiano was a disaster but the context of his hiring has to be considered after Raheem's complete disarray the last year or so. The "toes on the line" approach was looked upon as the answer. One extreme to the other. Not uncommon. That lasted about a week with everyone.

I thought of Bellichick a few weeks ago in terms of the Bucs because he's the big name the Glazers might want to bring in.
Snake

Post by Snake »

In my opinion, a telltale sign of bad management/ownership is this flip flop approach to coaching hires.

As in, basing your next coaching hire on finding the polar opposite of the last guy.

“Fired guy was a disciplinarian, so we need a player’s coach.”

“Fired guy was an offensive coach, we need a defensive mind.”

“Fired guy was too young, we need to go older.”

there’s evidence that guys from different schools of thought can win it all and develop winning culture. You’re casting a pretty narrow net when you’re writing off half of the coaching candidates for “reasons.”
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Snake wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:38 am In my opinion, a telltale sign of bad management/ownership is this flip flop approach to coaching hires.

As in, basing your next coaching hire on finding the polar opposite of the last guy.

“Fired guy was a disciplinarian, so we need a player’s coach.”

“Fired guy was an offensive coach, we need a defensive mind.”

“Fired guy was too young, we need to go older.”

there’s evidence that guys from different schools of thought can win it all and develop winning culture. You’re casting a pretty narrow net when you’re writing off half of the coaching candidates for “reasons.”
Personally I would want the exact opposite of the HC the Bucs have had for the last 2 seasons. I want a HC who wins because he makes the proper decisions and correct personnel decisions.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

These Are The Days wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:07 am I'm gonna pistol whip the next person who says Schiano
Reported
I said what I said

Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Since the Glazers like college coaches so much, bring Jimbo to Tampa. I hear he’s got some time on his hands.