Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Texans 39-37

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
bucarican

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Texans 39-37

Post by bucarican »

Hard to believe this pass rush is this bad. We have wasted 3 high round picks on the line. JTS sucks, Logan Hall hasn't shown anything all year.

The coaching is bad, but Ryan Neal is worse.

At this point I don't know if I should watch anymore or give it one more time.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Backside wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:28 pm At least we aren’t the Panthers.

What a disaster, giving up the farm for Bryce Young
Yup. Thank God we don’t have go face CJ Stroud twice a year. But Carolina has the #1 pick and can at least make up for it and draft Caleb Williams next year. Oh wait….
Kona

Post by Kona »

Bucs are who we thought they were all off-season. Starting 3-1 was false hope. Baker is a mid tier QB, has some good moments but not someone you commit long term to. Todd Bowles deserves to be fired, which won’t come til after the season if at all. For a defensive minded coach, that side of the ball is underperforming big time. We probably win 2-3 more games this year just bc that’s how the NFL goes.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Leave Carlton Davis in Houston.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Ryan Neal should’ve been benched after his performance In Minnesota.let alone still starting and sucking out loud.
Most hated man in America.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

This is a bad team with a couple good players. It is a bad team with a HC out of his depth. It is a bad team with an OC that is out of his depth. It is a bad team with a GM who has no eye for the future and has no idea how to properly allocate resources(cap).

Licht should have never given the huge contract to both of our oft injured corners. When healthy CDlll is a good(not great) corner. Meanwhile Dean is just a dude with good measurables.

We were in need of OL help, we were in need of a rb that could at the very least push White. Instead we got basically nothing at OL(other than an undersized small school T that is getting converted to play G and is definitely/understandably having growing pains) and handed White the job even after showing absolutely nothing last year among other blunders.

This team is in need of a tear down. When you look at everything as a whole, you can see that many of decisions and choices were made based on ego.

It is total ego not being sellers during trade deadline. Who in their right mind honestly think the bucs have a chance? They get roflstomped by good teams and its a complete race to the bottom against bad teams.

The plays that are called on both offense and defense are called on ego. Nobody can sit there and tell me that on a 3rd and 4, having your corners playing 10yards back isnt straight moronic and you know what? It happens...frequently. If I were Bowles the second i saw such a thing, I'd be losing my fucking mind. But he doesnt.

Every. Single. Time. We get something going on offense and we start to get into rhythm, what happens? 10000 IQ TRICK PLAY!! That fails. Then what happens? The offense cant dig themselves out of the hole. Why? Because we feature Cade Otton, 2 practice squad receivers, and a rb that averages less than 3yrds per carry.

We aren't good, I went into the season knowing we werent going to be good but it really sticks in my krawl that the coaching staff is as bad as the players.

Long post, had to let it out.

Go Bucs.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kona wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:27 pm Bucs are who we thought they were all off-season. Starting 3-1 was false hope. Baker is a mid tier QB, has some good moments but not someone you commit long term to. Todd Bowles deserves to be fired, which won’t come til after the season if at all. For a defensive minded coach, that side of the ball is underperforming big time. We probably win 2-3 more games this year just bc that’s how the NFL goes.
I have no issue with the team record.
I had low expectations for Baker.
I felt Trask lost the job more because Bowels was concerned about his job and wanted a vet at QB more than ability. I am not saying Traskis good, but Bowels is conservative and afraid
The main issue I have is that when a defensive-minded coach produces a defense that can't hold up they need to go.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I don’t know why Bowles called timeout at 48 seconds left on the clock. We would have won the game if not for timeout.

woulda, coulda, shoulda
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

One game management mishap that I was afraid would come back to haunt us: Bowles opting to use 3rd timeout instead of 10 second run off on the clock in 4th qtr when Mike Evans recovered the fumble.

Had Bowles not used that timeout, Bucs would have had 39 seconds at 14 yard line to score a TD with 1 timeout left. Plenty of time to run 4 plays. Worst case scenario would have been giving the ball back to Texans with 30 seconds left instead of 45.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Phantom wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:10 pm I don’t know why Bowles called timeout at 48 seconds left on the clock. We would have won the game if not for timeout.

woulda, coulda, shoulda
I typed my post without seeing yours. I'm glad others caught on to that too.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I missed today's game completely, I was working and forgot.

I think I'm the luckiest guy on the board today.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 pm I missed today's game completely, I was working and forgot.

I’m right there with you. No joke this thread has brought tears to my eyes LMAO. Absolute gold in here.

Reading this is like watching a horror movie you’ve seen but the audience hasn’t. They don’t know everybody dies 😂
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 pm I missed today's game completely, I was working and forgot.

You absolutely are lucky. Baker and Rachaad were positives on offense. But otherwise this game has a clear vibe of Bucs not deserving to win.

Half of the Texans roster got injured during the game. Texans had no kicker after the first half. And yet they outplayed us with a rookie QB and Head coach.

This game was the clear death of any Superbowl legacy that may have carried with our players since 2020. We are officially back to being a bad team.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:32 pm One game management mishap that I was afraid would come back to haunt us: Bowles opting to use 3rd timeout instead of 10 second run off on the clock in 4th qtr when Mike Evans recovered the fumble.

Had Bowles not used that timeout, Bucs would have had 39 seconds at 14 yard line to score a TD with 1 timeout left. Plenty of time to run 4 plays. Worst case scenario would have been giving the ball back to Texans with 30 seconds left instead of 45.
Yep. And we obviously weren't gonna call a run, so using all that time would be near impossible anyway. It made zero fucking sense to use the t.o. there. Why would we need 49 seconds?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

The fanbase deserves to have Mike Evans be a forever Buc.

Mike Evans does not deserve being a forever Buc.

A lot of other discussion worthy posts have been made in this thread. Piss poor clock management, incredibly unsound defense; head scratching playcalls on offense.

I've been a leader of men in my time. Hell, back in my military days I took my division away from a very good man; because we sucked and I saw the path to not sucking. That was nigh on 20 years ago, and I find myself doing the same thing today. The people that CAN make a difference respond positively to those WILLING too.

To my perception, there ain't much of the latter.

Talent is a very grey area in the NFL, with certain superstar exceptions. The failures of this team can be very fairly and very squarely placed upon the leadership of this organization.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Rocker wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:54 pm The fanbase deserves to have Mike Evans be a forever Buc.

huh????? Can you at least reference 54??
MJW

Post by MJW »

Didn't want to spend however long it took for you guys to catch up arguing about this, so I took a break. Being here until then would have been miserable. But it seems like everyone is on the same page now.

Bowles is a horrible coach. Licht should not be part of the next era. Mayfield is limited and unreliable (though this one wasn't on him), and there's a reason teams keep dumping him. This is a wasted year, and we should have blown up the coaching staff and dealt away anything of value that wasn't still young and improving. Instead, what'd I say? 5, 6, 7 wins. Just enough to miss out on the top of the draft. An utterly wasted season so predictable you wouldn't need be a doctor to see it coming.

Glad to see you all again btw.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

bucarican wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:06 pm
Rocker wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:54 pm The fanbase deserves to have Mike Evans be a forever Buc.

huh????? Can you at least reference 54??
54 had an awful missed tackle on Schultz on 3rd and long in the 3rd quarter that kicked off the entire defensive collapse.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

MJW wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:23 am Didn't want to spend however long it took for you guys to catch up arguing about this, so I took a break. Being here until then would have been miserable. But it seems like everyone is on the same page now.

Bowles is a horrible coach. Licht should not be part of the next era. Mayfield is limited and unreliable (though this one wasn't on him), and there's a reason teams keep dumping him. This is a wasted year, and we should have blown up the coaching staff and dealt away anything of value that wasn't still young and improving. Instead, what'd I say? 5, 6, 7 wins. Just enough to miss out on the top of the draft. An utterly wasted season so predictable you wouldn't need be a doctor to see it coming.

Glad to see you all again btw.
Picking the field to win, so brave.

So what if we had done all that, still gotten your 6 wins? Would we be mad we didn't blow it up enough?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

This loss is on Baker. He should have led the offense to more points. If he had, then we would have won.
MRM

Post by MRM »

They made the wrong choice two years ago by letting Jordan Whitehead go via FA and resigning Carlton Davis. The guy has never been that good.

The bad thing is if they were to lose most of their games from here out, the teams ahead of them in the draft order aren't going to win many either. A few of those already have young QB's, so that's good. I'm afraid we'd get stuck with crybaby Caleb Williams.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

We need to clean house. Period. And I think we will after this season. But we should have traded Evans…wish he was a Buc forever…but he’s gone after this year. We could have gotten something good for him that we could use in our rebuilding. But now we can flush that solid draft pick down the drain.

Not sure what HCs will be in the mix. I would raid someone from Pederson‘s staff because that guy knows how to coach. Harbaugh prolly going to Bears. Rivera could be out there. Ben Johnson, Ken Dorsey, Kellen Moore and Brian Callahan also will be coveted.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I'm less inclined to hire some coordinator who has an amazing scheme. I want a leader of men who will hire competent coordinators to his staff. This team needs leadership first, then we can worry about how awesome those flea flickers would look.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 am We need to clean house. Period. And I think we will after this season. But we should have traded Evans…wish he was a Buc forever…but he’s gone after this year. We could have gotten something good for him that we could use in our rebuilding. But now we can flush that solid draft pick down the drain.

Not sure what HCs will be in the mix. I would raid someone from Pederson‘s staff because that guy knows how to coach. Harbaugh prolly going to Bears. Rivera could be out there. Ben Johnson, Ken Dorsey, Kellen Moore and Brian Callahan also will be coveted.
If we didn't start out 3-1 I'm sure an Evans trade could have been possible.

I don't think you tear it 100% we still have a young OLine and some young players on D... Wirfs is the #1 priority on getting long term.

After that, yeah.. tear it down.

I'm not a Baker hater by any means but right now you have to be looking at a QB in the first and hopefully Drake Maye
MRM

Post by MRM »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 am Not sure what HCs will be in the mix. I would raid someone from Pederson‘s staff because that guy knows how to coach. Harbaugh prolly going to Bears. Rivera could be out there. Ben Johnson, Ken Dorsey, Kellen Moore and Brian Callahan also will be coveted.
I believe there will be a lot of teams looking for new coaches after this season. Three of the four in the NFC South could be looking along with Washington, Chicago, LA Chargers, New England, the Giants, and a surprise or two.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

MRM wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:35 am
Navybuc wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:12 am Not sure what HCs will be in the mix. I would raid someone from Pederson‘s staff because that guy knows how to coach. Harbaugh prolly going to Bears. Rivera could be out there. Ben Johnson, Ken Dorsey, Kellen Moore and Brian Callahan also will be coveted.
I believe there will be a lot of teams looking for new coaches after this season. Three of the four in the NFC South could be looking along with Washington, Chicago, LA Chargers, New England, the Giants, and a surprise or two.
BB just got an extension and I doubt the Giants make a change.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Don't forget Las Vegas, they just fired McDaniels and have an interim HC now.
Most hated man in America.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm glad I don't want to say anything.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Snake wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:53 pm You need a new GM. He gets to handpick his head coach. And they work together to pick the quarterback, with the GM getting tiebreaker. It’s that simple.
And outside of getting Brady to come here, Licht hasn't done anything that merits keeping his job.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

wesmon wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:04 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:53 pm You need a new GM. He gets to handpick his head coach. And they work together to pick the quarterback, with the GM getting tiebreaker. It’s that simple.
And outside of getting Brady to come here, Licht hasn't done anything that merits keeping his job.
This is incredibly disrespectful to guys like Evans, Godwin, Winfield, Wirfs, Shaq, etc. And just flat out wrong.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:38 am

There’s a rumor that the Patriots want Titans head coach Vrabel. BB is good as gone after this season, we’ll see.

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/ne ... ike-vrabel
Last edited by Phantom on Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Phantom wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:50 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:38 am

There’s a rumor that the Patriots want Titans head coach Vrabel. BB is good as gone after this season,

I am hearing this as well. Shocked, but I think Kraft is realizing that BB is washed.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

13F11B wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:54 pm
Phantom wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:50 pm
There’s a rumor that the Patriots want Titans head coach Vrabel. BB is good as gone after this season,

I am hearing this as well. Shocked, but I think Kraft is realizing that BB is washed.
The Patriots have the worst record in the AFC right now at 2-7, with the second worst scoring defense and third worst scoring offense in the AFC.

I think it's time for BB to ride off into the sunset.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

At 3 wins, do we remotely have a shot at the #1 pick. I know our team is sucking right now but I think we have a few wins left and the 3 wins we have might already be too many
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Terry Tate wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:54 am At 3 wins, do we remotely have a shot at the #1 pick. I know our team is sucking right now but I think we have a few wins left and the 3 wins we have might already be too many
We do. We have too much talent to really have a shot, but Todd is trying his best to get the number one pick for his replacement.