Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Texans 39-37

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
_MB_

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Texans 39-37

Post by _MB_ »

wesmon wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:43 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:40 pm Thank God we didn't offload any players so we can rebuild the team.

Thank God we kept hold off CD3 and Dean, both of which are either injured or not earning their contracts.

Thank you licht for holding onto Evans so his final year with the team can be nothing but losing and mediocrity. Given the fact several teams were looking at WRs, including Evans specifically, I'm so happy he gets to walk away in the off-season for absolutely nothing.

Fuck Bowles. Fuck Licht. Fuck the 2023 season.

This should have been a rebuilding year but Licht sabotaged it with unreal expectations.
How is the first season without Tom Brady NOT a rebuilding year?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

I'm at a loss for words.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

_MB_ wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:47 pm

This should have been a rebuilding year but Licht sabotaged it with unreal expectations.
This is why Bowles should have just been fired in the offseason, every move we made was made with him keeping his job for another year in mind instead of what’s best for the team.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:44 pm I've gotten used to losing to backup quarterbacks but losing to an emergency backup kicker is a bridge too far....

I told my younger brother that we would blow it in the last 46 seconds. Turns out they didn't need that last 6 seconds
I wasn't confident at all with our D just letting recievers play vs grass. And Bowles never adjusted anything all game.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:50 pm
This is why Bowles should have just been fired in the offseason, every move we made was made with him keeping his job for another year in mind instead of what’s best for the team.
Because who's better to eat the losses and rebuild the roster than Todd Bowles?
Snake

Post by Snake »

That throw down the left sideline by Stroud was so damn good. On the winning drive.

Stud.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

_MB_ wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:52 pm

That would be nice if we were actually rebuilding the roster.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:50 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:44 pm I've gotten used to losing to backup quarterbacks but losing to an emergency backup kicker is a bridge too far....

I told my younger brother that we would blow it in the last 46 seconds. Turns out they didn't need that last 6 seconds
I wasn't confident at all with our D just letting recievers play vs grass. And Bowles never adjusted anything all game.
Yeah but didn't you see how effortlessly he stood on the sidelines, starring vaguely towards the field, with literal perfect crossed arms technique?

You can't coach that level of lifelessness. You're either exhumed from your casket and have it, or you don't.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Licht has addressed this in numerous interviews. Jason emphasized that we were not rebuilding this year. He held on to our aging vets because he thinks we still have a good team. He was insisting all preseason that we were going to surprise a lot of people with Baker and make the playoffs.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:54 pm
Yeah this should be year two of the rebuild. Instead, we just get the dogshit results part of rebuilding with none of the getting younger/cheaper/more talented in return
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

How can you say that with this cap situation?

Rookies and restructuring is how we're getting through this. So what if Todd Bowles ends up holding the bag?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:57 pm

Yeah this should be year two of the rebuild. Instead, we just get the dogshit results part of rebuilding with none of the getting younger/cheaper/more talented in return
And you'd all be shitting on the new hire right now.
ImYourHuckleBerry831

Post by ImYourHuckleBerry831 »

Today was the last Sunday of the season where I invest emotion in the this team. It just completely sucks the life out of you. Bowles needs to go, lose the rest of year and draft a qb. Looks like I’ll have Sundays free to golf now.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:57 pm

I don’t know. This situation sucks for sure, but I’m glad we’re not Arizona. They’re an abomination.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bowels needs to go. Licht may as well.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

If Bowles is dismissed after the season....and I'm not convinced he will be....this game will be looked upon as the one that drove the change home.

This has always, to me, been more of a break it down year than a rebuilding year.

Stroud's really good.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

The one positive I’m taking is at least we don’t have to see Stroud for another 4 years instead of twice a year.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

I predict that Bowles will fire his defensive backs coach before the season is over. Maybe even this week. It is what losing head coaches do, fire someone.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

A toad I find in the backyard could do a better job.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Four Verticals wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:21 pm If Bowles is dismissed after the season....and I'm not convinced he will be....this game will be looked upon as the one that drove the change home.

This has always, to me, been more of a break it down year than a rebuilding year.

Stroud's really good.
Bowels defense is really bad.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Watching the Raiders v. Giants and wondering what a coaching change would do for the Buccaneers.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

The collapse of the passing defense continues. Over the last four games, the Bucs' passing defense has allowed:

- 110 completions on 155 attempts
- A completion percentage of 71%
- 1397 passing yards
- 9 passing touchdowns

If extrapolated out to a full season, the last four games by this unit would be one of the worst passing defenses in NFL history. Most passing yards allowed (nearly 6000) and highest completion percentage allowed (71%). If it's any consolation, these theoretical Bucs would only have allowed the fourth worst number of passing TDs in NFL history.

I was willing to give Bowles some rope when "his" side of the ball was at least semi-competent. But the defense has utterly collapsed, as has the team in my opinion.

---

I am very pessimistic about the Bucs moving forward. Bowles shows no talent for adjusting and is marching us to a top five-to-ten pick. The offense can't get the ball into Mike's and Chris's hands for some damned reason, nor can we do anything on third down (3 for 13 today). Even though today was a "good" day running the ball, we still averaged 2.6 yards per rush with the negative plays far outnumbering the positive. The defense is an unmitigated disaster (see above). Oh, and the Bucs had 9 penalties for 90 yards today, further cementing us as one of the most undisciplined teams in the league.

We couldn't beat a struggling rebuilding team with a rookie quarterback, no kicker, and injuries to their entire damn team. Nor did we deserve to, frankly.

Blow it up. Fire Licht, Bowles, Canales, and all their friends. We need new blood and a new attitude.

Fantasy GM pick: Ronde Barber
Fantasy HC/OC pick: Josh Heupel
Fantasy DC: Anthony Weaver
Snake

Post by Snake »

You need a new GM. He gets to handpick his head coach. And they work together to pick the quarterback, with the GM getting tiebreaker. It’s that simple.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Cheb wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:46 pm The collapse of the passing defense continues. Over the last four games, the Bucs' passing defense has allowed:

- 110 completions on 155 attempts
- A completion percentage of 71%
- 1397 passing yards
- 9 passing touchdowns

If extrapolated out to a full season, the last four games by this unit would be one of the worst passing defenses in NFL history. Most passing yards allowed (nearly 6000) and highest completion percentage allowed (71%). If it's any consolation, these theoretical Bucs would only have allowed the fourth worst number of passing TDs in NFL history.

I was willing to give Bowles some rope when "his" side of the ball was at least semi-competent. But the defense has utterly collapsed, as has the team in my opinion.

---

I am very pessimistic about the Bucs moving forward. Bowles shows no talent for adjusting and is marching us to a top five-to-ten pick. The offense can't get the ball into Mike's and Chris's hands for some damned reason, nor can we do anything on third down (3 for 13 today). Even though today was a "good" day running the ball, we still averaged 2.6 yards per rush with the negative plays far outnumbering the positive. The defense is an unmitigated disaster (see above). Oh, and the Bucs had 9 penalties for 90 yards today, further cementing us as one of the most undisciplined teams in the league.

We couldn't beat a struggling rebuilding team with a rookie quarterback, no kicker, and injuries to their entire damn team. Nor did we deserve to, frankly.

Blow it up. Fire Licht, Bowles, Canales, and all their friends. We need new blood and a new attitude.

Fantasy GM pick: Ronde Barber
Fantasy HC/OC pick: Josh Heupel
Fantasy DC: Anthony Weaver
At least one person is starting to see what I have been seeing.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Three of the (so far) top five receivers today played against the Todd Bowles defense.

Nothing further, your Honor.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Snake wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:53 pm You need a new GM. He gets to handpick his head coach. And they work together to pick the quarterback, with the GM getting tiebreaker. It’s that simple.
Yeah, even though I don’t think Licht is a bad GM if you fire Bowles and keep him then the new guy will be his 5th HC in 11 years. I think just taking the franchise in a new direction is the way to go.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I hate Bowles playing zone. Hate it
Backside

Post by Backside »

At least we aren’t the Panthers.

What a disaster, giving up the farm for Bryce Young
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:28 pm I hate Bowles playing zone. Hate it
Especially when we are paying so much to our corners.
ImYourHuckleBerry831

Post by ImYourHuckleBerry831 »

They lost both safeties a Dt, their kicker, didn’t have there rb 1 and wr1, and were on there 4th center and still won. What a joke, Also JTS is a bust time to move on from him.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Did this suck? 100%.
But cmon, let’s not act like we weren’t prepared for this team to “fight” for the #1 overall pick in 2024 before the season started, right?
The first four weeks were like the honeymoon period…then we found out our wife likes to be gaped by anybody with a pulse, acting like we didn’t marry a hoe to start with.
I hope we give the keys to Trash and win out or lose out, nothing in between.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:53 pm You need a new GM. He gets to handpick his head coach. And they work together to pick the quarterback, with the GM getting tiebreaker. It’s that simple.
Not just that. There needs to be a change in philosophy.

For years now, I think fans sentiment has been somewhat of a reflection of how this organization operates. Coaches are scapegoated for players inadequacies and poor play. If you're a player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, you aren't held to any level of accountability by this organization for on field play. A team that has had the record we've had should have way more roster turnover than we've had. Instead we reward mediocrity.

It's weird. It's like we're afraid to get better personnel wise. Jamel Dean & Carlton Davis are decent. But we rewarded them as if they were tip priority guys. Look back in the past guys like Jameis Winston, Vernon Hargreaves, OJ Howard all had their 5th year options exercised when all 3 likely should've been replaced. Winston & Howard both played their entire rookie deals here. Donovan Smith was here for 8 years. 8 years! Sucked out loud and he was never in danger of even being challenged. We extended him twice. JTS, Logan Hall, Luke Goedeke all had meh to non-productive rookie years. All 3 were handed starting jobs in their 2nd seasons.

But yet year after year all you hear about from fans is coaching, coaching, coaching. Until there's an actual change in philosophy from this team, until the organization actual decides you can and should hold players accountable, there won't be any improvement unless we get another HOF QB to come in and save the day.
Most hated man in America.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:05 pm

For years now, I think fans sentiment has been somewhat of a reflection of how this organization operates. Coaches are scapegoated for players inadequacies and poor play. If you're a player for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, you aren't held to any level of accountability by this organization for on field play. A team that has had the record we've had should have way more roster turnover than we've had. Instead we reward mediocrity.

It's weird. It's like we're afraid to get better personnel wise. Jamel Dean & Carlton Davis are decent. But we rewarded them as if they were tip priority guys. Look back in the past guys like Jameis Winston, Vernon Hargreaves, OJ Howard all had their 5th year options exercised when all 3 likely should've been replaced. Winston & Howard both played their entire rookie deals here. Donovan Smith was here for 8 years. 8 years! Sucked out loud and he was never in danger of even being challenged. We extended him twice. JTS, Logan Hall, Luke Goedeke all had meh to non-productive rookie years. All 3 were handed starting jobs in their 2nd seasons.

But yet year after year all you hear about from fans is coaching, coaching, coaching. Until there's an actual change in philosophy from this team, until the organization actual decides you can and should hold players accountable, there won't be any improvement unless we get another HOF QB to come in and save the day.
This is why I agree Licht needs to go. He has made bad decisions in the draft, worse decisions when keeping players. You and I really do not know how much weight certain coaches have had, but you are spot on with some guys were rewarded who should not have been.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:10 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:05 pm

This is why I agree Licht needs to go. He has made bad decisions in the draft, worse decisions when keeping players. You and I really do not know how much weight certain coaches have had, but you are spot on with some guys were rewarded who should not have been.
The hugest head scratcher was this FO making the conscious decision the day of the Superbowl parade that no matter what, they had zero interest in improving this roster and instead would simply bring everyone back. Like I'm sorry but did this team go 19-0? Did each and every player stay in a time vortex in which there was no diminishing of their skills? That was a terrible strategy built mostly on nostalgia and pandering. That's not how you operate an NFL team.
Most hated man in America.