Week 9 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

Re: Week 9 Discussion

Post by Phantom »

Nobody wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:28 pm Mike Tomlin’s resume with the Steelers is really incredible. Regardless of the roster, he fields a hyper-competitive football team.

It won’t happen, but if the Steelers are ever dumb enough to let him go, we need to bring him “home” at warp speed.
.. agreed
Last edited by Phantom on Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Nobody wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:28 pm Mike Tomlin’s resume with the Steelers is really incredible. Regardless of the roster, he fields a hyper-competitive football team.

It won’t happen, but if the Steelers are ever dumb enough to let him go, we need to bring him “home” at warp speed.
I think teams would fire their HCs for a chance to hire Tomlin. The consistency is unheard of. Players love to play for himself and he’s highly respected. And he’s still pretty young for a HC (51 years old).
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Keanu Neal just ended his own teammate’s season career.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Bootz wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:55 pm Keanu Neal just ended his own teammate’s season career.
???
I said what I said

_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

I'd like some run plays like Pittsburgh is running.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Halftime: Titans 13 Steelers 10. Titans rcv the KO to start the 2nd half.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Will Levis is throwing some dimes.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Phantom wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:53 pm Will Levis is throwing some dimes.
Carolina should have picked Levis instead of Young. And they wouldn't have had to make trades to move up to select him.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Most Steelers' fans seem to be done with him.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So should the Titans be tanking or not? I'm a little fuzzy about the rules.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Grahamburn wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:05 am

Tomlin has never had a losing season in 17 NFL seasons, and has his team at a respectable 5-3 despite being saddled with one of the worst offenses in the league.

Steelers fans are spoiled brats. And even if the fans are getting tired of him, I doubt the Steelers braintrust is getting tired of being consistently competitive.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:43 am So should the Titans be tanking or not? I'm a little fuzzy about the rules.
I wouldn't. The more you stack wins and confidence with Levis, the quicker you turn around your squad to win your division.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Cheb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:28 am
Grahamburn wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:05 am

Tomlin has never had a losing season in 17 NFL seasons, and has his team at a respectable 5-3 despite being saddled with one of the worst offenses in the league.

Steelers fans are spoiled brats. And even if the fans are getting tired of him, I doubt the Steelers braintrust is getting tired of being consistently competitive.
And possibly the worst starting cbs in the league. Fitzpatrick is covering up so much bad secondary play.

It’s crazy they have the record they do when you look at the in game stats of them vs their opponents. I don’t think they’ve had a game they’ve had more yards than their opponent, and only the Broncos have been outgained by more this season.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:31 am
Doctor wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:43 am So should the Titans be tanking or not? I'm a little fuzzy about the rules.
I wouldn't. The more you stack wins and confidence with Levis, the quicker you turn around your squad to win your division.
They can't fall behind too much in finding their QB. Jacksonville has a top 5 QB, Houston has found a guy with tremendous promise who looks like he's going to speed up their rebuild and while Indy still may not know what they have in Richardson, he has a lot of untapped talent and they've committed to building a successful system around him.

Tennessee needs to find their guy. Levis had a promising debut but this is the NFL and you'll be humbled quickly.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:15 pm
Cheb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:31 am

They can't fall behind too much in finding their QB. Jacksonville has a top 5 QB, Houston has found a guy with tremendous promise who looks like he's going to speed up their rebuild and while Indy still may not know what they have in Richardson, he has a lot of untapped talent and they've committed to building a successful system around him.

Tennessee needs to find their guy. Levis had a promising debut but this is the NFL and you'll be humbled quickly.
And why can't Will Levis be that guy?

He is a second round rookie with less than 70 career passing attempts. A guy with a huge arm who in those less than 70 career NFL attempts who has thrown for 500 yards, 4 TDs and 1 pick in less than 8 quarters of football.

Let's let a guy get a few reps before we write him off completely.

I agree with you that his division has a ton of young QB talent. And he's part of that young and talented group, though as you say humility comes quick and we will see what happens.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Cheb wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:02 pm

He is a second round rookie with less than 70 career passing attempts. A guy with a huge arm who in those less than 70 career NFL attempts who has thrown for 500 yards, 4 TDs and 1 pick in less than 8 quarters of football.

I agree with you that his division has a ton of young QB talent. And he's part of that young and talented group, though as you say humility comes quick and we will see what happens.
I agree. After year one Trevor looked like middling QB at best. Now @Bootz says he is a top 5 QB.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

He absolutely can be that guy. Which is why Tennessee doesn't need to tank and needs to do everything to figure out if he can be that guy.

Not sure what you missed here, but I completely agreed with you.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

The knock on Levis coming out was he has no feel for pressure and made too many bad plays/forced balls into coverage. Inconsistent field vision and anticipation with his throws.

He looks really promising right now, but he wouldn't be the first QB to look promising in his first few games before teams got good film on him.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:40 pm

He absolutely can be that guy. Which is why Tennessee doesn't need to tank and needs to do everything to figure out if he can be that guy.

Not sure what you missed here, but I completely agreed with you.
My mistake.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Outside of that crazy Winston-Esque backward WTF throw/fumble, he looks pretty good.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Pirate Life wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:22 pm The knock on Levis coming out was he has no feel for pressure and made too many bad plays/forced balls into coverage. Inconsistent field vision and anticipation with his throws.

He looks really promising right now, but he wouldn't be the first QB to look promising in his first few games before teams got good film on him.
I liked what I saw. Would have liked to have drafted him…but hey, we got Baker Mayfield. When you have a superstar like that, why go after a qb?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Dolphins vs Chiefs at 9:30am is a real treat. Arguably the best matchup of the season to this point.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Dolphins are going to get mauled.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:32 am Dolphins are going to get mauled.
MIA strength of victory is second worst in NFL. When they play a team with a pulse, they get beat by two scores+. Whatever the spread is, Chiefs cover easily.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:35 am
acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:32 am Dolphins are going to get mauled.
MIA strength of victory is second worst in NFL. When they play a team with a pulse, they get beat by two scores+. Whatever the spread is, Chiefs cover easily.
Chiefs 1.5 favorites at kickoff.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doesn't look like a TD. The ground helped Watson catch the ball.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:39 am
acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:35 am

As you’ve said before, Vegas knows what they’re doing, but 1.5?!?!? Jesus, that’s crazy low IMO
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

November is when the Patrick Mahomes Chiefs start to pull away from the pack.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:42 am
Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:39 am

As you’ve said before, Vegas knows what they’re doing, but 1.5?!?!? Jesus, that’s crazy low IMO
The top 2 teams in the AFC so I get it. But they have to take the Dolphins SOV into consideration. 5 straight losses against teams over .500.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Cheetah had 6 if he holds on to that
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

What the hell just happened?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:55 am What the hell just happened?
Tyreek Hill thinks he's still playing for the Chiefs.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

This has been Hill's worst game as a Dolphin. Dropped a pass that would've been a TD and now this fumbled that gets returned for a TD.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

How do I not get credit for a defensive TD in fantasy for that?!?!