Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to Bills 24-18

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Jonny

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to Bills 24-18

Post by Jonny »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:32 am I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen any Bucs games...I just watched some highlights of the last three. I guess my question is whether Trask is that bad? We have no one better at quarterback than Baker? Hell, I'd rather have picked up this un-drafted Bagent kid from the Bears and played him. He's nothing great right now, but for a rookie, give him 16 games and I think he'd be better than what we get out of Baker whose had, what, 4 years now in the league and he's not progressed?

Again, small sample size as I haven't seen a lot. Impressed by some of the defensive numbers I've seen in box scores. Put this defense with the 2020 or 2021 version of Brady and we'd be a scary team. Hell, even the 2022 version may have more wins. We're just really hurting at QB right now, which is a shame because Evans and Godwin's window is probably closed after this year.
This defense is just as much smoke and mirrors as Baker's performance was from the first 4 games. We are benefiting from hyper elite play of LVD and AWJr. Despite horrible scheming these two have managed to keep the opponents outside of the end zone on their own.

2020 defense had some reliable pass rush from Shaq, occasionally from JPP and Suh. Bowles also played a lot more man with his secondary back then. This 2023 defense is historically bad in some categories. Would have guaranteed a WC exit by surrending 30+ points to Taylor Heinecke led Redskins.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:32 am I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen any Bucs games...I just watched some highlights of the last three. I guess my question is whether Trask is that bad? We have no one better at quarterback than Baker? Hell, I'd rather have picked up this un-drafted Bagent kid from the Bears and played him. He's nothing great right now, but for a rookie, give him 16 games and I think he'd be better than what we get out of Baker whose had, what, 4 years now in the league and he's not progressed?

Again, small sample size as I haven't seen a lot. Impressed by some of the defensive numbers I've seen in box scores. Put this defense with the 2020 or 2021 version of Brady and we'd be a scary team. Hell, even the 2022 version may have more wins. We're just really hurting at QB right now, which is a shame because Evans and Godwin's window is probably closed after this year.
Welcome back to the surface.
Don't tread on me
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:09 pm

Welcome back to the surface.
Haha thanks. Feels good to be home....for now.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

We haven't seen Trask suck so we don't honestly know. We're all fairly sure he does but we don't know..
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

On that Hail Mary…

When was the last time you saw a Hail Mary fall to earth uncontested and loosely surrounded by all players ….nobody moving toward the ball and remaining untouched like that???

Friggin’ mugging