Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to Bills 24-18

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Jonny

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to Bills 24-18

Post by Jonny »

If you told me we'd be 3-4 after this game before the season began, I would not have been surprised and sort of cautiously optimistic about rest of the season. The problem is, we've lost 3 in a row and have looked pathetic in every one of them.

Now I don't know when our next win will be because I can't say objectively who we're supposed to be better than.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

I don’t care about our positioning in the division because we saw how that goes last year: a first round exit losing to the cowboys and a very painful evening at ray jay for me. It’s time to put in trask and see what we have. We look like crap and we’re going nowhere this season
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Coaching sucks and the QB needs to throw or Run.

White, Dean, and Neal can depart before Tuesday.

Tough game. It seams like every team knows we cant cover a quick slant.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

bucarican wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:27 am Coaching sucks and the QB needs to throw or Run.

White, Dean, and Neal can depart before Tuesday.

Tough game. It seams like every team knows we cant cover a quick slant.
PeeWee teams can figure that out when the DBs are a mile away from the line of scrimmage. Amazing how the success rate went down when the DBs were on the line with the receivers.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Heisenberg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:14 am
The Buccaneers do not deserve those calls.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Yeah, but Mike pushed his defender off on that Hail Mary too…
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Over the last 3 games, we have so many explosive plays called back because of penalties. Last night, Palmer holding on a White run, Evans reception called back because of OL holding, three false starts on Goedeke so instead of Third and short, we have to go to passing attack to try and convert. This team has no flow or momentum because we keep killing it on our own.

On defense, the unit doesn’t trust Ryan Neal to cover and White is playing undisciplined especially on QB scrambles. Bucs beating Bucs last three losses.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:15 am Yeah, but Mike pushed his defender off on that Hail Mary too…
Honestly unless its something egregious, PI is never going to be called either way on hailmary passes and it shouldn't be.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:09 am Over the last 3 games decades, we have so many explosive plays called back because of penalties.
FIFY
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:48 am
Dcbucsfan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:09 am Over the last 3 games decades, we have so many explosive plays called back because of penalties.
FIFY
Ha! Thanks
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Al Bundy wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:23 am
Heisenberg wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:14 am
The Buccaneers do not deserve those calls.
Because we aren't one of 32 NFL teams...
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Should have been offsetting PI penalties on the Hail Mary.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:53 am Should have been offsetting PI penalties on the Hail Mary.
They would still be playing.

I really need you guys to watch more football than the Bucs. These calls are NEVER made unless its painfully obvious, like JC Jackson stupidly pushing a receiver to the ground on a Hail Mary in week 1.
MRM

Post by MRM »

Mayfield just holds on to the ball too long, at least he did last night.

The thing I don't get is the forever drive they went to hurry up mode after their first 1st down, which I was yelling at the TV for them to do. They ran a few plays like that, then went back to huddling. It was stupid.

I thought the team played hard and gave a good effort on the road on a short week. For as much as we're complaining, imagine being a Bills fan and seeing them with 2 bad losses and 2 or 3 bad wins for a supposed Super Bowl contender.
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:30 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:27 pm Can anyone do a welfare check on MJW?
MJW is waiting to see if we lose 3 straight to come back and tell us she was right

@MJW
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

On a positive note White is now 4th in the league for YAC's.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:13 am
GreatTimes wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:53 am Should have been offsetting PI penalties on the Hail Mary.

I really need you guys to watch more football than the Bucs. These calls are NEVER made unless its painfully obvious, like JC Jackson stupidly pushing a receiver to the ground on a Hail Mary in week 1.
Need a rules expert to chime in on whether or not they would still be playing. If only the offense commits a penalty on a play when the time runs out, the offence does not get another play. If it is the defense that is called for a penalty, the offense gets an untimed play. But if there are offsetting penalties as the time runs out is the game called or does the offense get another play?
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Baker played well.

Ryan Neal needs to be benched.

We need to stop with all the penalties on offence, they’re really stalling drives before they can get going.

Some missed:phantom calls definitely hurt us.

We were out out punted which is rare lol
Backside

Post by Backside »

We finally have an RB who catches everything thrown his way and can make people miss in space.

And people hate him, want him to lose his job, and think he is a problem with our offense.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Backside wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:35 am We finally have an RB who catches everything thrown his way and can make people miss in space.

And people hate him, want him to lose his job, and think he is a problem with our offense.
I’m a White fan, but true feature backs are rare, White probably best suited as a 1B if we could find a more pure runner to complement him. We definitely need to improve our run blocking though, Stinnie appears to be an upgrade over Feiler in that regard. People forget but the best run blocking we ever had was during the SB run when Stinnie was road grading for Lenny in the playoffs.
Backside

Post by Backside »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:08 am
Backside wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:35 am We finally have an RB who catches everything thrown his way and can make people miss in space.

I’m a White fan, but true feature backs are rare, White probably best suited as a 1B if we could find a more pure runner to complement him. We definitely need to improve our run blocking though, Stinnie appears to be an upgrade over Feiler in that regard. People forget but the best run blocking we ever had was during the SB run when Stinnie was road grading for Lenny in the playoffs.
Getting a thunder to go along with White's lightning would be fine. It's just the assumption that some other RB is suddenly breaking off 7+ yard runs regularly that is absurd. No back for the last two years has had any success at all behind this line.

He's the pass catching back we've been wanting for a decade. He has one fewer reception than total targets this year, and no player on the team has looked better in space. Just weird to see so much ire directed his way.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:44 pm I'm sick of this fucking running game. It needs to be addressed. Not tomorrow, not after the post-game meal, RIGHT NOW!!!
They stamp, addressed it and mailed it. It was returned.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:09 am Over the last 3 games, we have so many explosive plays called back because of penalties. Last night, Palmer holding on a White run, Evans reception called back because of OL holding, three false starts on Goedeke so instead of Third and short, we have to go to passing attack to try and convert. This team has no flow or momentum because we keep killing it on our own.

On defense, the unit doesn’t trust Ryan Neal to cover and White is playing undisciplined especially on QB scrambles. Bucs beating Bucs last three losses.
This is 100% correct and valid. And needs to be given credence.
I said what I said

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Backside wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:21 am
real bucs fan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:08 am
Getting a thunder to go along with White's lightning would be fine. It's just the assumption that some other RB is suddenly breaking off 7+ yard runs regularly that is absurd. No back for the last two years has had any success at all behind this line.

He's the pass catching back we've been wanting for a decade. He has one fewer reception than total targets this year, and no player on the team has looked better in space. Just weird to see so much ire directed his way.
I think this is an understated point. Here are the running backs drafted since Licht took over as GM in 2014:

- Charles Sims, 6'0", 211lb
- Jeremy McNichols, 5'9", 205lb
- Ronald Jones, 5'11", 208lb
- Ke'Shawn Vaughn, 5'10", 214lb
- Raymond Calais, 5'8", 188lb
- Rachaad White, 6'0" 214lb

If I were to look for commonalities in that group, I would say that all of them are more built for third-down work. We haven't had drafted any power at running back over the entirety of Licht's tenure as GM. Debatably our best running back of the Licht era, Mr Superbowl Lenny himself, was the heaviest back of the bunch with a playing weight around 230-ish, and he wasn't the most powerful runner either.

This could just be my bias speaking though, because I love bigger backs to wear out defenses. But asking undersized and less physical running backs to bang into congested traffic between the C-gaps doesn't play to anybody's strengths.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

5:30 AM wake-up call had me in bed at halftime. Glad I did’t try to stay awake for this result. 3-4. Still better than I predicted (I had us at 2-5 at this point). Of course, that’s not saying much.
Don't tread on me
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Bad football team (1) makes bad game-management decisions, (2) gets out-QBed in a QB mismatch, and (3) can't get off the field on 3rd down.

1-3 is basically a death sentence for a football team.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Love this!

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:09 am Over the last 3 games, we have so many explosive plays called back because of penalties. Last night, Palmer holding on a White run, Evans reception called back because of OL holding, three false starts on Goedeke so instead of Third and short, we have to go to passing attack to try and convert. This team has no flow or momentum because we keep killing it on our own.

Could be thought of as - the NFL isnt missing any of our penalties. I know we havnt had a lot of big runs, but it seems they all have been called back.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

GreatTimes wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:58 am

Need a rules expert to chime in on whether or not they would still be playing. If only the offense commits a penalty on a play when the time runs out, the offence does not get another play. If it is the defense that is called for a penalty, the offense gets an untimed play. But if there are offsetting penalties as the time runs out is the game called or does the offense get another play?
Offsetting penalties and it would end the game. Can't reward the offense for the penalty (by having an untimed down).
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

The PI was egregious, but you are right they just aren't going to call it, especially against the Bills. They are only to going to call that exact call when those exact same Bills defender do the grabbing and tackling to a couple of teams. The Eagles and the Chiefs might get those.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

My coworker sent me this little gem:

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

More than a few of those littered throughout this running back group.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Breece Hall looking dynamic again yesterday. :sigh:
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

I'll preface this by saying I haven't seen any Bucs games...I just watched some highlights of the last three. I guess my question is whether Trask is that bad? We have no one better at quarterback than Baker? Hell, I'd rather have picked up this un-drafted Bagent kid from the Bears and played him. He's nothing great right now, but for a rookie, give him 16 games and I think he'd be better than what we get out of Baker whose had, what, 4 years now in the league and he's not progressed?

Again, small sample size as I haven't seen a lot. Impressed by some of the defensive numbers I've seen in box scores. Put this defense with the 2020 or 2021 version of Brady and we'd be a scary team. Hell, even the 2022 version may have more wins. We're just really hurting at QB right now, which is a shame because Evans and Godwin's window is probably closed after this year.