Trade deadline Tuesday

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Babeinbucland

Trade deadline Tuesday

Post by Babeinbucland »

is there anyone we are going after? Did we even acquire anyone new during the trade period??
I said what I said

Nobody

Re: Trade deadline Tuesday

Post by Nobody »

If the Broncos are in teardown-mode, give me RB Javonte Williams (Rookie contract and FA 2025) for our 6th and their 7th back.

If the Raiders are in teardown-mode, give me G Dylan Parham (Rookie contract and FA 2026) for our 4th and their 6th back.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Nobody wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:58 am If the Broncos are in teardown-mode, give me RB Javonte Williams (Rookie contract and FA 2025) for our 6th and their 7th back.

If the Raiders are in teardown-mode, give me G Dylan Parham (Rookie contract and FA 2026) for our 4th and their 6th back.
Unfortunately the Bucs could be in teardown-mode come Tuesday.
Most hated man in America.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:53 am
Nobody wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:58 am If the Broncos are in teardown-mode, give me RB Javonte Williams (Rookie contract and FA 2025) for our 6th and their 7th back.

Unfortunately the Bucs could be in teardown-mode come Tuesday.
Teams in "teardown mode" do not trade away promising young prospects on rookie contracts. They trade away high priced veterans in return for draft choices so they can build for the future. If the Bucs decide to ne in the "teardown mode" (which I sincerely doubt will happen) they would try to trade Devin White, Mike Evans and other high priced veterans. There are teams out there that believe they are 1 WR or LB out there that would carry them to the promised land.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'd be down for throwing a late day 3 at getting a RB.

I'm a big Jevonte fan and he'd be my first choice. Young stud, would still be under contract next year. Not drafted by this regime who seems to love "their guy".

I know its unpopular but I'd also be open to a veteran RB like Henry or Cook. Current team keeps most of the salary hit. I think it can really help jump start this offense and with that further elevate the defense. Finish the year strong, ideally with some post season success, and really lean into that "we're so close" buy in we have going on that keeps good units together.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Can we trade Devin White and JTS please?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Derrick Henry to Bucs. I’m not saying it'll happen.

Stay tuned

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-trade ... wboys-shou
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Derrick Henry to the Bucs would make zero sense. If any team should trade for him it's Baltimore.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

If we're looking to buy, we should be looking for good iol upgrades(shouldnt be hard to find)
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:41 pm Derrick Henry to the Bucs would make zero sense. If any team should trade for him it's Baltimore.
That would be nasty
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Ezra Cleveland is a guard who was a second-round pick from 2020 who has underwhelmed in his time in Minnesota and, as a pending free agent, has been an oft-mentioned name on the market, connected in some places to the Bucs ahead of the NFL trade deadline.

Bleacher Report suggested last week that the Bucs could go after Cleveland in free agency next year. But if the team is serious about a playoff push this year, why not go after him now?

In looking at Cleveland’s trade value last week, Pro Football Focus pegged his value at something like a 2025 fourth-round pick, with a sixth-rounder coming back from the Vikings. That is a scant price, even for a team with cap issues like the Bucs.

Here’s what B/R had to say about Cleveland coming to Tampa (and really, whether it is in a Bucs NFL trade deadline deal or in free agency does not much matter):

“Matt Feiler hasn’t been very good for the Buccaneers this season and is only on a one-year deal.

“Meanwhile, Cleveland is having a strong campaign with impressive grades across the board from Pro Football Focus through the Vikings’ first five games. Also, he doesn’t turn 26 years old until May, so he could be a good player in Tampa Bay for a while.”
I said what I said

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:03 am is there anyone we are going after? Did we even acquire anyone new during the trade period??
We should be a seller right now. Need to build the team in the future. However, Licht will not show enough intelligence to do that.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I said what I said

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:38 pm Davin Cook? Yea or Nay?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/387 ... jets-trade
No thank you.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:38 pm Davin Cook? Yea or Nay?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/387 ... jets-trade
Nay