Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 7

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 7

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

If we didn’t go for it on 4th down to start the game would we have lost? The answer doesn’t matter because we didn’t deserve to win even if you want to play the magical What If Game. We sucked. We played a game of every positive has a negative. One step forward, two steps back. There were several plays that could’ve turned this game, but we were nowhere close to anything that resembled a functional football team Sunday.

1.) Every play Winfield makes I feel like his agent is adding 100K to his next contract.
2.) Atlanta must be frustrated as well, I haven’t seen someone get so close to scoring that many times only to fail since my freshman year in college,
3.) Mike Evans proving doubters wrong and that the Dale Mabry Leap will never be a thing.
4.) The Shaq-Kancey combo, as bad as this game was, I’m looking forward to more of that all season long.

Dislikes:
1.) I haven’t seen anything uglier than our running game since the first time I scored in college as a sophomore.
2.) We were bounced out of first place in NFC South faster than the Rays were from the Wild Card Round.
3.) Glad to see this defense has learned from that 2021 divisional round on how to stop the big play with only a few seconds to go.
4.) Baker’s improvement. Only been with 3 teams in the last year now!
5.) Atlanta sits their best running back and still gashes us on the ground. Rumor is the Bucs were also going to do that but couldn’t figure out who their best back was.
6.) Another rough day for Mauch. Kid’s adult team are starting to come in though, he’ll grow up soon.

Random:
1.) You can’t convince me that Arthur Smith’s moustache is real.
2.) Our preseason announcer showing bias and showing off why he’s a preseason announcer stating the Bucs started 3-0 at least twice in
the broadcast.

We’re regressing, and that’s not what I expected with the way we started. It’s 100% indicative of the running game that suffers from one of three problems every play. Either the backs are getting hit four yards deep in the backfield, or they’re lacking vision and not seeing the holes, or there’s a penalty that negates a decent run. All three were prominently highlighted in Sunday’s game. It needs work, and with a game in 4 days it’s not going to get it. It hasn’t been a very fun ride after the bye week and this roller coaster still has some dips ahead.
13F11B

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 7

Post by 13F11B »

6.) Another rough day for Mauch. Kid’s adult team are starting to come in though, he’ll grow up soon.

Did you mean teeth or am I missing someting?
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:38 am 6.) Another rough day for Mauch. Kid’s adult team are starting to come in though, he’ll grow up soon.

Indeed I did.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:42 am
2.) We were bounced out of first place in NFC South faster than the Rays were from the Wild Card Round.
Ha...funny, becuase I'm pretty sure I saw Randy Arozarena at the game.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:16 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:38 am 6.) Another rough day for Mauch. Kid’s adult team are starting to come in though, he’ll grow up soon.

Indeed I did.
It is always rough to find the proper words after a defeat like this. The Buccaneers were so close to being able to secure a victory. One not earned, but on needed. Now, sadly they will being their inevitable slide down the poop chute. The bleeding will stop once Bowles is fired and a new regime is put in place. I think Licht needs to go as well. Too many misses on his drafts (though it could just be horrendous coaching).
MRM

Post by MRM »

It's a shame to have your team outcoached by Arthur Smith.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Was looking forward to this one today Ich, appreciate the college references lol
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Thanks for brightening up another dreary Monday!

The fourth and six decision was beyond stupid, I was sure that they were just faking that they would run a play!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

njdungeoneer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:29 am The fourth and six decision was beyond stupid, I was sure that they were just faking that they would run a play!
Even that made no sense since a defensive offsides would not have picked up the first down. That was just Toilet Bowles way of being able to say "I was aggressive while the middle school cheerleaders were chanting, "Be Aggressive, be, be, Aggressive."
Kress

Post by Kress »

13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:01 pm
njdungeoneer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:29 am The fourth and six decision was beyond stupid, I was sure that they were just faking that they would run a play!
Even that made no sense since a defensive offsides would not have picked up the first down. That was just Toilet Bowles way of being able to say "I was aggressive while the middle school cheerleaders were chanting, "Be Aggressive, be, be, Aggressive."
But a defender jumping offsides, proceeding unabated, grabbing Baker's helmet, ripping it off by the facemask, then targeting the empty shell? How about that, huh? Didn't think of that, did you?

This is why you're not a coach.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

njdungeoneer wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:29 am Thanks for brightening up another dreary Monday!

The fourth and six decision was beyond stupid, I was sure that they were just faking that they would run a play!
I missed the 1st quarter. What precipitated this? I mean, wtf?
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kress wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:30 pm

But a defender jumping offsides, proceeding unabated, grabbing Baker's helmet, ripping it off by the facemask, then targeting the empty shell? How about that, huh? Didn't think of that, did you?

This is why you're not a coach.
I keep forgetting about my ultra-peewee under 6 years old league days. Silly me.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH.......HECK, FIRE THEM ALL AFTER THIS #$%@

The Bucs basically gave them 7 points in penalty value. I agree, the Team is getting worse, not better. We will not likely make any changes because of the short week, but I look for Mayfield, White, Neal, and JTS to lose their starting jobs in the coming weeks. Something has to change.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Not to defend it too much, but our tendency has been to just try to draw them offsides, which is what I thought we were doing too.

I think they went in with a plan in that situation to run a play. It sure caught me off guard. Unfortunately the play sucked. But, that was a theme.