Time to fire Todd Bowles

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Time to fire Todd Bowles

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:09 am Yea soft is a bit too strong. He's very tough. But he is fragile though.
Fragile in what way? He seems to have a yearly soft tissue injury that helps him avoid training camp, but he has only missed 7 games in his career. And I think a few of those were for suspensions.

He's no Iron Man Buc like Brooks or Barber, but fragile or soft? Nah.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:14 am
Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:09 am Yea soft is a bit too strong. He's very tough. But he is fragile though.
Fragile in what way? He seems to have a yearly soft tissue injury that helps him avoid training camp, but he has only missed 7 games in his career. And I think a few of those were for suspensions.

He's no Iron Man Buc like Brooks or Barber, but fragile or soft? Nah.
You answered your own question. Fragile can have different degrees to it. Is he I.R fragile? No. But we are all aware and acknowledged that Mike goes out of damn near every game for a couple of plays with some type of injury(fragile) but he ALWAYS returns to the game(tough).
Most hated man in America.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Has anyone heard Godwin's wife throw Bowles under the bus about not getting Chris Godwin more involved in the passing game?. So whose faukt ?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Phantom wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:48 pm Has anyone heard Godwin's wife throw Bowles under the bus about not getting Chris Godwin more involved in the passing game?. So whose faukt ?
Yep. I was just reading an article about it during my lunch break.

https://nypost.com/2023/12/07/sports/ch ... lying/amp/
“I’m not sure why we are just blatantly lying here,” Mariah wrote on Instagram. “Regardless of how banged up Chris is, he continues to work his ass off and hasn’t missed a game. Continues to run great routes and get open.

“I don’t know why things are the way they are, this isn’t my team to coach. But this lying on Chris and implying negativity on his work ethic is infuriating. Let’s not act like he had to be subbed out so much more than usual when in fact he’s been playing just the same.”
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Thanks for that, Buc2. So, whose fault is it? Bowles or Canales?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Phantom wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:11 pm Thanks for that, Buc2. So, whose fault is it? Bowles or Canales?
Depends on who you ask.
Don't tread on me
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I think that’s just Bowles deflecting the blame from Canales and Baker.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I assumed Chris didn't wear the pants.

I guess I was right.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

okay, I guess you're suggesting that Bowles is the one. You wanted him fired.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Phantom wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:15 pm okay, I guess you're suggesting that Bowles is the one. You wanted him fired.
It's not that I wanted him fired, it's that I want him fired. Big difference. Saying I "wanted" him fired implies I no longer want him fired.

But, that's neither here nor there. Godwin's fiancé should shut her face and let her man speak for himself.
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

That doesn't answer my question, thanks for wasting my time. Next...
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Its on Bowles, Canales, and Baker.

Bowles is HC and he should have enough of a voice to tell the OC when he sees something amiss(like Godwin not getting targets or being a bigger part of the offense).

Its on Canales for not drawing up plays to get Godwin more involved.

Its on Baker for not targeting him more or looking for him more.

I said it way back in the Texans game. They need to target Palmer and Tompkins less and Godwin more.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:13 pm I assumed Chris didn't wear the pants.

I guess I was right.
Have you seen her? She could crush his hips with her thighs and looks like she would have a mean right cross

Snake

Post by Snake »

Must be nice to share the same PED dealer.
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Godwin's snap counts from last season.

1) @ Dallas 31%
2) @ NO Inactive
3) GB Inactive
4) KC 83%
5) Atlanta 52%
6) @ Pitt 89%
7) @ Car 94%
8) Bal 90%
9) LAR 92%
10) Sea 89%
12) @ Cle 96%
13) NO 86%
14) @ SF 91%
15) Cin 89%
16) @ Az 90%
17) Car 85%
18) @ Atl 47%
MJW

Post by MJW »

Obsolete wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:51 pm Its on Bowles, Canales, and Baker.

Bowles is HC and he should have enough of a voice to tell the OC when he sees something amiss(like Godwin not getting targets or being a bigger part of the offense).

I said it way back in the Texans game. They need to target Palmer and Tompkins less and Godwin more.
It could be on Godwin, too. I haven't watched the A-22 for any of these games. Why are we assuming Godwin is running his routes as crisply as in the past, or that he's not struggling to beat coverage? Dude has taken a ton of vicious hits in his career and suffered numerous lower body injuries. It's entirely possible he's just not making himself as appealing an option to Canales, or to Mayfield.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:24 am

It could be on Godwin, too. I haven't watched the A-22 for any of these games. Why are we assuming Godwin is running his routes as crisply as in the past, or that he's not struggling to beat coverage? Dude has taken a ton of vicious hits in his career and suffered numerous lower body injuries. It's entirely possible he's just not making himself as appealing an option to Canales, or to Mayfield.

Having Trey Palmer at a 39.6% rate and Chris Godwin at a 48.2% rate gives you Mike Evans and a 55.3% rate with 7 losses.

Why draft speed with Trey and then not be able to put it to use? Baker is following a formula that defenses are more than happy with. Baker has to learn to spread the success rate around. I think he is actually throwing Mike better passes than Tom did - but Brate is right, hitting Godwin at his 60 something % rate would bring much better results. Get the rookie going too!

That game? I can name that song in 5 notes.. Lets play I get get Mike his hundred plus in three passes.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Imagine Camarda with 37 punts instead of 57.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

This very well could be true but he seems like a guy who would acknowledge his shortcomings and not make a stink about not getting targets unless hes actually open.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

This answers my question. Thank you MJW
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So I guess now is the time to talk about Godwin.

Mdb, we're trying to get Palmer more involved but he's got to work on his hands. He's literally dropped games for us.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

In every Bucs win this year, Chris Godwin has gotten either 50 yards receiving or a touchdowns. We literally don't win if he doesn't get the ball. He's the second best receiver in team history behind Evans (imo) and we are paying him top dollar to produce.

You don't need to be a rocket surgeon or a football guru to figure this puzzle out.

Give Godwin the damn ball.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Baker targeted him a few times Sunday. He was blanketed. Maybe the separation isn’t there?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:39 pm In every Bucs win this year, Chris Godwin has gotten either 50 yards receiving or a touchdowns. We literally don't win if he doesn't get the ball. He's the second best receiver in team history behind Evans (imo) and we are paying him top dollar to produce.

You don't need to be a rocket surgeon or a football guru to figure this puzzle out.

Spurious correlation be damned, I highly doubt Chris Godwin is the engine behind this team.

I'd say more accurately, this team is led by their defense. In games we give up 20 or more points, 0-6. In games we give up 19 or fewer points, 5-1.

It really is that simple.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:49 am So I guess now is the time to talk about Godwin.

Mdb, we're trying to get Palmer more involved but he's got to work on his hands. He's literally dropped games for us.

YBC/R - yards before catch per reception

Palmer - 6.7 yards

A smart man would say that's running him right into the coverage. For the season average their running everybody into coverage except Mike.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Bootz wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:25 pm
Cheb wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:39 pm In every Bucs win this year, Chris Godwin has gotten either 50 yards receiving or a touchdowns. We literally don't win if he doesn't get the ball. He's the second best receiver in team history behind Evans (imo) and we are paying him top dollar to produce.

Spurious correlation be damned, I highly doubt Chris Godwin is the engine behind this team.

I'd say more accurately, this team is led by their defense. In games we give up 20 or more points, 0-6. In games we give up 19 or fewer points, 5-1.

I hadn’t even looked at that this season! The correlation cannot be a coincidence with 12 games in the books.

But..yeah, there’s always a but. Often times an offense can really put the defense at a disadvantage with turnovers. Without looking, I don’t think that’s been the case with this team this season, though.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Baker has thrown 3 int's trying to get the ball to Evans.

3 to Godwin
1 to Otton
1 to Thompkins
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:41 pm

I hadn’t even looked at that this season! The correlation cannot be a coincidence with 12 games in the books.

But..yeah, there’s always a but. Often times an offense can really put the defense at a disadvantage with turnovers. Without looking, I don’t think that’s been the case with this team this season, though.
Turnover haven't been an issue. We have 13 total in 12 games. That's 4th fewest in the league. Defense has allowed 1 TD off turnovers this season. So the offense isn't hurting the defense with turnovers.

Where they do hurt the defense is their inability to sustain drives. That leads to more drives for the defense. TOP not in our favor. More opportunities for the opposing team to put points on the board.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

If we are losing going into the 4th quarter - we lost.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

If we are losing at halftime - we lost
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If we're losing we lost.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

If we're losing at the end of the game - we lost.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

So when the defense that leads us doesnt fail were 5-0 and when they lead us to failure were 0-7 - Bootz that's brilliant.

I wonder if Bootz can point to any other teams that use this way of losing.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I'm sorry to let you down, but it won't happen this year.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Phantom wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:52 pm I'm sorry to let you down, but it won't happen this year.
That was his signature win so far. Against a 6-7 team. We still have 3 to go. Can get his first win against a team with a winning record next week.

That was a very clean game though and this team is playing freaking hard.