Time to fire Todd Bowles

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Xandtar

Re: Time to fire Todd Bowles

Post by Xandtar »

Nothing is certain yet. Playing the Debbie Downer role, if we go 0-3, miss the playoffs, and that last loss is a Kitties blowout, ya this could be a Grudenesque firing. You never know with these owners. I'd rather dream about Mayfield pretending like he's gonna toss the Lombardi between boats only to put it down and wave to the cameras.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

This win changes nothing for me. Today doesn't magically magically make him a good coach that can take a team to the SB, which is the goal. Still a bad coach.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:20 pm This win changes nothing for me. Today doesn't magically magically make him a good coach that can take a team to the SB, which is the goal. Still a bad coach.
I'm not convinced either. But it isn't me he needs to convince.
Don't tread on me
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:20 pm This win changes nothing for me. Today doesn't magically magically make him a good coach that can take a team to the SB, which is the goal. Still a bad coach.
The team did today exactly what I thought it was going to do all this off-season. And instead we got those horseshit losses against Atlanta and Houston. We should have probably been 9-5 and pleasantly surprised. It's not like we have absolutely no talent. We just have like a bazillion dollars in dead cap space and can't get better players at the moment.

But I am there with you. I don't think this team believes in the coaching it is getting. The only way Bowles is gonna sell me is if the Bucs win out and win a playoff game
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

These Are The Days wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:08 pm
The team did today exactly what I thought it was going to do all this off-season. And instead we got those horseshit losses against Atlanta and Houston. We should have probably been 9-5 and pleasantly surprised. It's not like we have absolutely no talent. We just have like a bazillion dollars in dead cap space and can't get better players at the moment.

But I am there with you. I don't think this team believes in the coaching it is getting. The only way Bowles is gonna sell me is if the Bucs win out and win a playoff game
So if he wins out, going 10-7, a two game improvement over last year with 60 million in dead cap space, you will say he is still crap because he couldn't beat either the MVP QB (Dak) or Philly? You're serious?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

If he goes 10-7 they’ll have won 6 straight to finish the season. No way he’s fired under those circumstances.

1-2 or 0-3 and missing the playoffs? I think it’s still very possible.

However, these guys are playing hard. 3-0 since benching Devin White. Canales’ offense looks like it’s taking off. Things are going well.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 pm If he goes 10-7 they’ll have won 6 straight to finish the season. No way he’s fired under those circumstances.

1-2 or 0-3 and missing the playoffs? I think it’s still very possible.

However, these guys are playing hard. 3-0 since benching Devin White. Canales’ offense looks like it’s taking off. Things are going well.
Seconded.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 pm However, these guys are playing hard. 3-0 since benching Devin White. Canales’ offense looks like it’s taking off. Things are going well.
Wonder how much benching White played a roll in the team's change in attitude and success.
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Gronk is a tease.
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Onthebrink wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:36 pm Gronk is a tease.
Wrong thread
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Benching White, JTS and letting the offensive open up
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:25 pm

So if he wins out, going 10-7, a two game improvement over last year with 60 million in dead cap space, you will say he is still crap because he couldn't beat either the MVP QB (Dak) or Philly? You're serious?

well said, Haters don't get it nor too stupid to see it
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:35 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 pm However, these guys are playing hard. 3-0 since benching Devin White. Canales’ offense looks like it’s taking off. Things are going well.
Wonder how much benching White played a roll in the team's change in attitude and success.
The players know. Holding the ones that aren’t performing accountable sends a message.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I honestly dont believe Bowles was ever a threat to get fired. OBP knew what we were up against capwise.
It's doubtful they told Bowles "keep the ship right or you're fired". That bill came due for winning the Superbowl.

Now with 3 games left to go we currently have 1 less win than we had last year with Tom Brady at QB. That's remarkable. Bowles got to hire his own guys to remake the offense to fit what he wants this team to be. It's taken time but that vision has started to come to fruition at the right time.

Does OBP really want to start over again?
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:35 pm
In case you and @Grahamburn missed it

These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:25 pm

I'm not saying fire him if we win out. I'm saying I am still profoundly disappointed

I maintained the entire off-season that everyone was overreacting and that we were like an 11/12 win football team regardless of our cap circumstances and that what happened last year was a result of arguably some of the worst coaching (from an offensive standpoint) that has ever been seen. The only dude smoking more hopeium around here than me was Doc. Sometimes shit happens and I can deal with it. But we made Stroud look like Peyton Manning in like his 6th game. We lost a game we never should have lost vs Atlanta. Another game vs Indy. I'm not saying Bowles needed to be perfect but we have either played down to our opponent or just plain choked. I am not impressed. I'm glad we won today but this is what I was EXPECTING. Had we won like our 9th game this year everyone been shocked I would have just smiled along.

Where does that leave the Bucs? I think if we utilize our cap space effectively we can bring back this team and draft a few good players. If we do that, we can be a playoff team just like we can be now. We don't have to panic and blow shit up because Brady left. Arians would have found a way with this and I wanted Bowles to do the same. I am not trying to bag on the guy but I saw a team (until today) that was not confident in the coaching it was getting and getting blown out by Dallas again doesn't make it better.

We need to stop freaking out and realize we don't HAVE TO rebuild. We just need to endure this season as it comes and push for another championship without Brady. Bowles has not convinced me he is that guy right now
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

At the start of the season. I was on board. Shocked about that, but on board. In the middle of the season I was ready to dump Bowles. Now, I am on the fence. One complete game is not enough to change my mind. He has time. That time might save him or hang him in my mind.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

I admit that I was down on him in the last few weeks but you gotta give him credit for stringing this together. If he can get in and win a playoff game no way you fire him.

Also, I hope this was a coming out party for Canales.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:51 pm I honestly dont believe Bowles was ever a threat to get fired. OBP knew what we were up against capwise.
It's doubtful they told Bowles "keep the ship right or you're fired". That bill came due for winning the Superbowl.

Now with 3 games left to go we currently have 1 less win than we had last year with Tom Brady at QB. That's remarkable. Bowles got to hire his own guys to remake the offense to fit what he wants this team to be. It's taken time but that vision has started to come to fruition at the right time.

Does OBP really want to start over again?
I think we all know that is a big NO.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Today's game was all I needed to see to know Bowles must go. Win and in. Bowles does not have the team ready to play. Bowles was out coached.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

A loss to the Panthers and missing the playoffs entirely, when we had reasonable control of our destiny….
Well, that just might set off some serious road flares everywhere….The Media, OBP and well….
there be a huge pewter cauldron of boiling, scalding Zatarains and ghost chiles with Todd & Co.name engraved on the side with a pathetic Panthers’ loss next week.

The Panthers organization is an abomination. There’s no getting around THAT.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

It'll come down to how far they go I think.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Bowles won't be fired if the Bucs win next week. If they lose...maybe.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Four Verticals wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:27 am Bowles won't be fired if the Bucs win next week. If they lose...maybe.
After yesterday? If they lose he will 100% be fired.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:38 am
Four Verticals wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:27 am Bowles won't be fired if the Bucs win next week. If they lose...maybe.
I don't agree. I think it's much more up in the air if the Bucs lose.

One fly in the ointment I see for the Bucs is the impending availability of Bellichek. It would be a Glazer like move to hire him which would be, in my opinion, worse than keeping Bowles for a make or break season (for Bowles) next season.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Four Verticals wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:51 am

One fly in the ointment I see for the Bucs is the impending availability of Bellichek. It would be a Glazer like move to hire him which would be, in my opinion, worse than keeping Bowles for a make or break season (for Bowles) next season.
You lose a game like that yesterday at home and then lose to a Panthers team that just got shut out by the Jaguars in a must win for the division situation? He’s fired.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Agree. The thought of Bellichek here makes me nauseous

Bowles needs to understand his players strengths and weaknesses and play call to that. Trying to make the run game happen when we are being shut out is utter stupidity and stubbornness. Neither is a good look for a coach or the score it creates.
I said what I said

Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:20 pm

You lose a game like that yesterday at home and then lose to a Panthers team that just got shut out by the Jaguars in a must win for the division situation? He’s fired.
Given the constraints of this season, still being in the race is an accomplishment....

That said, I don't know how a team goes from planning and playing games like we had for 4 weeks and promptly shitting the bed like they did against a team that should not have been able to dominate them like that
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:52 pm

Given the constraints of this season, still being in the race is an accomplishment....

That said, I don't know how a team goes from planning and playing games like we had for 4 weeks and promptly shitting the bed like they did against a team that should not have been able to dominate them like that
Plenty of shitting the bed data from last season too.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

OK. I was wrong. Bowles can stay. Canales can stay.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:14 pm OK. I was wrong. Bowles can stay. Canales can stay.
Big of you to eat your crow.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

And now?
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:52 pm

Eagles on line 1
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:14 pm OK. I was wrong. Bowles can stay. Canales can stay.
😂
I said what I said

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:36 am
Big of you to eat your crow.
Thanks. I always admit when I was wrong. (at least when i realize it)