Week 7 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucsNBills

Re: Week 7 Discussion

Post by BucsNBills »

Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:14 pm There's gonna be discussions about how far the Niners can go with Purdy. He clearly cannot carry this team.
I mean, given the talent on the team, he honestly shouldn't have to carry at all. He benefits the same Mahomes does where they playing in a Paint by Numbers offense with how good Shanahan and Reid are.

McCaffrey is gimpy and Samuel is out so they're not close to full strength.

Purdy gets a chance to go through growing pains as well.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:17 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:14 pm There's gonna be discussions about how far the Niners can go with Purdy. He clearly cannot carry this team.
I mean, given the talent on the team, he honestly shouldn't have to carry at all. He benefits the same Mahomes does where they playing in a Paint by Numbers offense with how good Shanahan and Reid are.

McCaffrey is gimpy and Samuel is out so they're not close to full strength.

Purdy gets a chance to go through growing pains as well.
That's kinda the point. In the absence of your playmakers you need a QB who can step up and lead the team. Kirk Cousins did so without Justin Jefferson, who's in the discussion of being the best WR in football. These past 2 weeks is the 1st time Purdy has been without CMC & Deebo and it's resulted in 2 17 point outings and 3 picks to 2 TDs. You can't win in this league with a QB who needs the perfect recipe to succeed.

I'm not saying write Purdy off. But those rumbles will start to get louder if he can't step up in big moments.
Most hated man in America.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Since we play them in four weeks lets hope teams keep nagging those injuries.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

This was one of the best games of Kirk Cousins I've ever seen. He is hated on by so many, but I don't think either Brady or Manning were ever as good as Cousins in attempting passes right as they were about get destroyed by a D-lineman. I would love it if Cousins was ever the QB of the Bucs before he is out of his prine. Would definitely be better than the shit show we've had to endure for the last few weeks because of our QB's inability to throw passes with anticipation.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Phantom wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:17 pm Great game huh? @kaimaru
Considering everyone told me that the Vikings suck this year and our win against them meant nothing, I took the bait.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Here's a pretty cool story on the Bears undrafted QB from Div. II Marshall getting the start in the Raiders game Sunday. It includes a video of every pass he threw in the game.

www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/tys ... -73-years/
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't tread on me