Rapid Reactions: Bucs Lose to the Lions 20-6

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Cheb

Rapid Reactions: Bucs Lose to the Lions 20-6

Post by Cheb »

Not many bright spots today. Got our asses kicked in all phases.
BJJ34

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs Lose to the Lions 20-6

Post by BJJ34 »

Yucks showed up.

Baker is tough.

Sam LaPorta is a future stud.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Ugh
Most hated man in America.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

When's the last time we won a game wearing Creamsickles?

If it's before Malcolm promised we'd never wear them again, please never wear them again.
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Licht needs to trade for a RB. Canales offense doesn’t work without one. White is not the answer or a starting RB.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

252 yards total offense. 46 yards rushing. And Canales is a supposed offensive genius. I just don't see it.

And don't ever wear the Creamsicle uniforms again. In fact, burn them. They don't work
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

We still have a shot to win the division. A good shot.
Most hated man in America.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:22 pm Licht needs to trade for a RB. Canales offense doesn’t work without one. White is not the answer or a starting RB.
RB doesn’t matter if we can’t block. Sweetness wouldn’t average four ypc with this line.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:22 pm When's the last time we won a game wearing Creamsickles?

If it's before Malcolm promised we'd never wear them again, please never wear them again.
I remember we won in Josh Freeman’s first career start with them against the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

I have a feeling this offense is going to look a lot different next year.

The interior line needs work. We don't have a starting running back on this team. We also don't have a starting tight end.

We will need a quarterback and Evans will be gone.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

I’ll literally say this every week because it’s the truth - we are a 9 win team under Baker in our trash division.

We will win games against our garbage division opponents and lose against real contenders.

We will make the playoffs and lose immediately.

That’s the reality of this season under the garbage QB that is Baker Mayfield

And because we win those 9 games we will miss out on generational talent at QB
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Ah, I do remember that. It wasn't the uniforms that lost the game, it was people inside them, sadly.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

After a bye we come out flat for 5th season in a row. Bucs were a no show this game. The score was much closer than it should have been.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Coming off a bye.

As healthy as an NFL team can be.

At home.

Supposed to be celebrating with throwback unis.

Other team is nursing all kinds of injuries.

One of these teams has a very bright right now. That same team has a very bright future.

I have no idea what the other team has.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Baker overthrew so many balls today

A better QB hits those throws and wins this game
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Mayfield had 3 overthrown passes that should have been TD's. One to Evans and two to Trey.
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

acmillis wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:25 pm
Dcbucsfan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:22 pm Licht needs to trade for a RB. Canales offense doesn’t work without one. White is not the answer or a starting RB.
RB doesn’t matter if we can’t block. Sweetness wouldn’t average four ypc with this line.
I disagree. Blocking is good enough. We don’t have RB’s that can drive and create something. Montgomery goes out and their #2 is out. The third RB comes in and just keeps getting 3-4 years per carry. 3rd and manageable for majority of the game. We need to stop blaming the line and the excuse that this run game needs time. Our RB stable is trash.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:34 pm Mayfield had 3 overthrown passes that should have been TD's. One to Evans and two to Trey.
Palmer pulled up two strides before the ball reached him.
Push the damned button already!
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:34 pm
I disagree. Blocking is good enough. We don’t have RB’s that can drive and create something. Montgomery goes out and their #2 is out. The third RB comes in and just keeps getting 3-4 years per carry. 3rd and manageable for majority of the game. We need to stop blaming the line and the excuse that this run game needs time. Our RB stable is trash.
That proves my point…
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Given Lichts track record with drafting RBs I am not sure he can make the right call on a trade.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

At some point you need to make adjustments. 3rd and 1st no matter what the distance because our corners are 10 yards away from everyone. Our offensive line goes to zone blocking and you have them having no idea what they're doing on any given running a play or they're physically incapable of it

Look I can buy a building year if that is what this becomes but it needs to be used productively
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Bad game. We all know it, no point in stewing in it.

Good news is, the entire NFC South lost today, as well as the 49ers and Eagles. So, in terms of standings, this week is a wash. If there was a week to have a really bad game, it was this one.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Don’t trade for anyone. Our cap situation is fucked so we need our draft picks if we have any hope of being competitive in future seasons. It’s not like trading for a RB puts us on course to win a Super Bowl anyways.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

These games just prove that we are exactly what they all thought we are

We beat a couple of bottomfeeder teams. We lost handily to actual contenders.

We have no place winning another game this season, but sadly we will win far too many
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

The thing is they keep their good Oline to run JAG RB behind and keep getting consistent yardage. Doesn't matter who we put behind ours, results are the same.

Offense sucked in all phases and defense got gassed and couldn't get off the field
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Both things can be true. Our offensive line can block as well as you want and the RB's would find a way to run into this and get stopped

ImYourHuckleBerry831

Post by ImYourHuckleBerry831 »

Go get Javonte Williams from the broncos.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:30 pm I’ll literally say this every week because it’s the truth - we are a 9 win team under Baker in our trash division.

We will win games against our garbage division opponents and lose against real contenders.

We will make the playoffs and lose immediately.

That’s the reality of this season under the garbage QB that is Baker Mayfield

And because we win those 9 games we will miss out on generational talent at QB
I might not be as much of a Baker hater as you but you forgot the last part of that scenario:

After winning eight or nine games the front office will sign Baker to a large, multi-year deal.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

ImYourHuckleBerry831 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:46 pm Go get Javonte Williams from the broncos.
I'd love this.

It was a bad game. You shake it off and move on. The defense did a lot of a great stuff but still is more "almost" than "arrived". It's the first time everyone has played together, give it time. The offense also had an awful showing. Drops didn't help. Did Baker overthrow Palmer or did he let off the speed? Either way the goal is to have this worked out by the January. Remember what we looked like this far in with Brady, hint, he's holding up four fingers in Chicago as we drop to 3-2. This offense needs more work. Defense too. It'll get there. A lot of "almosts" on both sides is something.

Something else that is something is the heart shown on the field. I loved how the defense came in to clamp down on the Lions after the Baker int, as if to say "don't worry about it bro". And the offense was still pushing full throttle at the end. No give up.

The run game is really lacking. Maybe we nee to rotate some guys until it clicks for one because there are some openings there. Not great, but enough to get to the 4+ side of things needed to fuel this offense.

Big divisional game against the Falcons. A great opportunity to show we are mentally tough and capable of bouncing back quickly when it matters most.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Ryan Neal is the worst starting safety in the league. HE is the reason the Buccaneers lost.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Several good teams had bad days today. Hurts was much worse than Baker. 49ers lost to the Browns.

What will actually matter is how the team responds. Do we bounce back with a great effort next week or does this turn into a trend and we go on a long losing streak?
Snake

Post by Snake »

This team will make a living on beating average to mediocre teams. Luckily, the entire division is composed of the latter.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:39 pm Several good teams had bad days today. Hurts was much worse than Baker. 49ers lost to the Browns.

What will actually matter is how the team responds. Do we bounce back with a great effort next week or does this turn into a trend and we go on a long losing streak?
I agree. Good teams bounce back and fight hard the following week. Great teams string multiple wins in a row.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's early. We have a lot of growing to do. Remember where the Lions were this time last year. 1-6. Trusting the process. They have been a mature team for 15 games now. We're not there yet. Deep breaths. We'll get back to work.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

That was rough. Calijah Kancey could be something special though.