Week 6 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Week 6 Discussion

Post by Grahamburn »

It would be a shame not to have Mike back for the creamsicle game. I’d say he’s back though. Looks like we’ll be full strength for the first time all year.

Excited to see Cancey and all our Bucs in the creamsicles. I’ll be there in person.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Wearing the Creamsicle unis for an old NFC Central Division matchup is extra sweet.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:02 am It would be a shame not to have Mike back for the creamsicle game. I’d say he’s back though. Looks like we’ll be full strength for the first time all year.

Excited to see Cancey and all our Bucs in the creamsicles. I’ll be there in person.
That hamstring must be pretty bad. Safe to assume he wouldn’t have played if we didn’t have a bye last week.
Most hated man in America.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Terry Tate wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:37 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:31 pm

Why? He's 23, been injured, and played in 8 games.
Because there is a reason he's only been in 8 games and it's not just injury. Granted, him getting beaten out by Mr Irrelevant loses some of it's stink with every game Purdy plays. Still though, he had every shot in a very QB friendly system and couldn't do it.

Somehow I think Prescott will be gone before Lance.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:15 am
Grahamburn wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:02 am It would be a shame not to have Mike back for the creamsicle game. I’d say he’s back though. Looks like we’ll be full strength for the first time all year.

That hamstring must be pretty bad. Safe to assume he wouldn’t have played if we didn’t have a bye last week.
Did we ever get an MRI update? Apparently he was running on the side Tuesday, but wasn't there at all yesterday. We'll know soon enough. He was going pretty hard on the bike against the Saints so all indications are it was pretty minor. We need him. We can exploit their secondary big time, and they're tough to run on. Needs to be a big passing day.

Also, just another reason NOT to extend Mike to a huge contract. He has these hammies seemingly every year, and they aren't going to get better as he ages.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:15 am

I'm fine with unsure/doubtful all the way until he takes the field Sunday.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cameron Brate:

“…On a fun note, and Brate is a much more fun personality now that he’s not engaging in politically correct NFL playerspeak, Brate gave a little insight on a recent podcast of playing for Lovie Smith when he was Bucs head coach.

“I played for Lovie in ’14 and ’15 in Tampa. We were terrible. We were so bad. Oh my God. It was horrible. We literally just didn’t have a chance. Our roster was terrible,” Brate said.

“But it was hilarious because we had Lovie and the [defensive coordinator] was Leslie Frazier I played for Leslie for two years and I don’t think I ever heard or saw him say one word in two years.”
I said what I said

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

High quality coaching there!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

He’s desperately looking for a job.
Former Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich reached out to the Pittsburgh Steelers about joining their offensive coaching staff.

Via The Athletic reporter Mark Kaboly.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:05 am He’s desperately looking for a job.
Former Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich reached out to the Pittsburgh Steelers about joining their offensive coaching staff.

Via The Athletic reporter Mark Kaboly.
Didn’t he reach out to them right after he got fired too? Take some time, Byron. Take some time.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Yup, I believe so
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

I'm not surprised. He had a deal ready to go in Jacksonville, it didn't go through and we still don't know why. Then what we saw next was 17 weeks of using the wrong blocking schemes on most plays, up to and including shifting a rookie RT to guard when he didn't have the body for it. The worst rushing attack in history and oh yeah play calling that was so predictable the Ravens could be heard saying "It's the same plays every time. Just execute"

If Brady hadn't been on the team all this could have happened and he'd probably still have a job somewhere
Lordnlkon

Post by Lordnlkon »

I just don’t understand the love for the creamsicles. They are just so god awfully ugly.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Lordnlkon wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:56 pm

I just don’t understand the love for the creamsicles. They are just so god awfully ugly.
I always count creamscicle game as a loss. There is nothing about those colors that gives me a good vibe about that game. I'm sure there have been some games we've won wearing those. There are two games hard encoded into my memory with those unis: (1) the Saints game from 2012 when Vincent Jackson had a long YAC and almost scored a TD, but didn't and we lost in a close game. (2) 2010 Falcons game which was very close and Freeman ends up throwing an INT in the last minute when we were expecting a game winning drive.

Every other game I either did not care for, because we sucked overall during those seasons anyway or it was a Bucs beat down of epic proportions.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Creamsicles rule

Can't wait to be in the stadium on Sunday
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

These Are The Days wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:54 pm I'm not surprised. He had a deal ready to go in Jacksonville, it didn't go through and we still don't know why.
We do know why, Leftwich (among others) wanted the GM Baalke fired. Owner decided to keep the GM (which many thought was a mistake at the time).
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

These Are The Days wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:54 pm I'm not surprised. He had a deal ready to go in Jacksonville, it didn't go through and we still don't know why. Then what we saw next was 17 weeks of using the wrong blocking schemes on most plays, up to and including shifting a rookie RT to guard when he didn't have the body for it. The worst rushing attack in history and oh yeah play calling that was so predictable the Ravens could be heard saying "It's the same plays every time. Just execute"

If Brady hadn't been on the team all this could have happened and he'd probably still have a job somewhere
We know why, he demanded they can the GM as a condition of him signing

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/jaguars ... ndidate-gm
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Nostalgia. “Had to be there” I guess? And, once in a while, they look kinda cool. :shrug:
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

They are what we wore when I became a fan back in '76.

Do I want to see them every week??? Nope

Once a year for old time sakes?? Absolutely!!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Rough report for the Lions.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:06 pm Rough report for the Lions.
Very rough. Mosley tore his ACL on Sunday so I'm not sure why they havent put him on I.R. yet. I dont believe Branch, Gibbs, and Jackson are expected to play. Gibbs and Branch didn't play this past Sunday vs the Panthers. Jackson is currently in a walking boot. The LaPorta injury is new so we need to keep an eye on that.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Evans being limited today at least appears to be a positive sign.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:16 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:06 pm Rough report for the Lions.
Very rough. Mosley tore his ACL on Sunday so I'm not sure why they havent put him on I.R. yet. I dont believe Branch, Gibbs, and Jackson are expected to play. Gibbs and Branch didn't play this past Sunday vs the Panthers. Jackson is currently in a walking boot. The LaPorta injury is new so we need to keep an eye on that.

Fake news/resting is quite possible on some of these players.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:33 pm

Not likely. NFL fines for that sort of thing these days:

https://operations.nfl.com/media/2683/2 ... policy.pdf

"The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance in maintaining the integrity of the game. A violation of the policy may result in Commissioner discipline, which may include a fine on the involved club, fines or suspensions of involved individuals, as well as the possible forfeiture of draft choices by the involved club."
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Brian Branch is a huge loss for the Lions defense. Buccaneers need Wirfs and TEs to block Aidan Hutchinson. He’s a monster.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I don't know which one's you're calling fake. Mosley did in fact tear his ACL. Not sure why the Lions would hold out both Gibbs and Branch last Sunday if they were healthy. Ragnow was rested today but was a full participant yesterday with his injury. Not sure what you're motive is.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Oh is that so? Sounds like the only bigger fool than Lefty wanting the GM fired as a condition of his hiring is me for not having known that

How the turn tables
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:18 pm

I don't know which one's you're calling fake. Mosley did in fact tear his ACL. Not sure why the Lions would hold out both Gibbs and Branch last Sunday if they were healthy. Ragnow was rested today but was a full participant yesterday with his injury. Not sure what you're motive is.

Will Jonah Jackson play? Decker, Ragnow? LaPorta? Seems to me, all that is needed is a Doctor and a booboo to meet requirements.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:04 pm
Kelce gon have multiple TDs and chiefs will drop a 50 burger
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:13 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:04 pm
Kelce gon have multiple TDs and chiefs will drop a 50 burger
And on a bum ankle too. I'd take those odds, that Broncos defense is a pile of shit.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Good opening drive by Denver resulted in nothing but a lot of time taken off the clock
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Designed pitch or no?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:31 pm Designed pitch or no?
Pretty either way.