Week 5 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Miller4Prez64

Re: Week 5 Discussion

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

NFL fans get really petty with teams/players that always win and anytime a questionable call goes their way, people blow up and call it rigged because that makes them feel better than just conceding that someone else is just the best. People did the same shit with Brady for years and when he was here we saw it first hand all the time. Any flag that screwed us got ignored by anyone that wasn’t a Bucs fan, and any calls in our favor was proof the league was rigged and wanted Brady to win.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I see it very similar to the Santonio Holmes SB catch. If it was called incomplete, it probably stays that way. It was called a catch, and the call "stand", not necessarily "confirmed." I'd be fine either way...unless it impacted my team.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:56 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:55 pm

That's a strawman. The Chiefs should beat the Vikings, because they're a better football team. But they should EARN that W without the refs handing it to them on a silver platter. That's happened two weeks in a row now and it damages the integrity of the league.
Tell us more about that "interception".
I'll just PFF tell you more about it instead:

Starts about 2:16:00 into the show.

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Baltimore is a solid organization, but WTF were they thinking in signing OBJ to a $15M deal when:

1. He's been out of football for 1.5 years
2. He's been a non-factor even when playing since 2020

Good grief.

He's been injured this year (shocking, I know), but he's played in two games and has a total of 5 catches (on 7 targets) for 66 yards.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:15 pm Baltimore is a solid organization, but WTF were they thinking in signing OBJ to a $15M deal when:

Good grief.

He's been injured this year (shocking, I know), but he's played in two games and has a total of 5 catches (on 7 targets) for 66 yards.
That's showing to be a bad signing. But it's not just him.

Their receivers have been doing this all year. Monken is running a great system which gets these guys open. But man the drops have killed them. Bateman I think we can officially label a 1st round bust. Agholor is on his umpteen team for a reason. Flowers has been solid but inconsistent. Andrews is rounding into shape from his injury. And as you stated Beckham looked cooked.

That's why the Dobbins injury hurts more than it seems. He's am everyone type of back that can also catch passes. They won't have him to lean on.
Most hated man in America.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:06 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:15 pm Baltimore is a solid organization, but WTF were they thinking in signing OBJ to a $15M deal when:

Good grief.

Their receivers have been doing this all year. Monken is running a great system which gets these guys open. But man the drops have killed them. Bateman I think we can officially label a 1st round bust. Agholor is on his umpteen team for a reason. Flowers has been solid but inconsistent. Andrews is rounding into shape from his injury. And as you stated Beckham looked cooked.

That's why the Dobbins injury hurts more than it seems. He's am everyone type of back that can also catch passes. They won't have him to lean on.
If I were EDC I would've been on the phone to Licht about prying Evans loose out of Tampa. Screw OBJ - that was always going to be a bad signing.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Kress wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:56 pm So, did anybody see the new Golden Bachelor? Who do you think The Pickle is on the Masked Singer?

At this point, I'm just trying to find something entertaining to talk about.
The pickle is 10000% Howard Stern. I am certain of it.
I said what I said

Kress

Post by Kress »

Ha!
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Good grief.

No, they haven't. Zero drops by WRs until yesterday. Ravens were one of only two teams to not have a WR dropped pass going into the weekend.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Good grief.

They probably did it because either the Ravens or Jackson thought they were getting OBJ from 2015 or something. I am not trying to take away from how magnificent he was when he first broke in. But the NFL is a league where if you're hurt or decline from OBJ's peak to the completely average player he's been most of his career for even 2 seasons (God help you if you go 3 years) AND you act like he does you aren't thought of as the same. If he played anywhere else but NYC or Dallas he'd be lucky to get a tryout nevermind $15 million. He'd just be that guy who went off his first 3 years playing in Jacksonville and started acting like an asshole
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Good grief.

OBJ had a handful of teams interested and the Ravens probably had to up their number to get him interested. Obviously not an ideal move, but it’s only a one year deal.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:01 pm

No, they haven't. Zero drops by WRs until yesterday. Ravens were one of only two teams to not have a WR dropped pass going into the weekend.
Uh huh.....Okay...

Most hated man in America.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:27 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:01 pm

Uh huh.....Okay...

From the Ravens themselves:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ra ... lor-week-5

Relevant quote: "The Ravens were one of just two NFL teams to have zero dropped passes by wide receivers through the first four weeks, according to Pro Football Focus. Baltimore had five dropped passes in Sunday's game, costing them opportunities for knockout blows against a Pittsburgh team on the ropes."

If you don't like that, there's this from Pro Football Reference:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... _receiving

They list the drops by each receiver. The rate in your quote includes the week five game. Only drops prior to week five were from the tight ends. So no, the receivers were not doing this 'all year' like you claimed. Nor was the receiving corps as a whole doing that poorly going into week 5.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

They must have dropped a whole lot of balls that last game
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:59 pm
Kress wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:56 pm So, did anybody see the new Golden Bachelor? Who do you think The Pickle is on the Masked Singer?

At this point, I'm just trying to find something entertaining to talk about.
The pickle is 10000% Howard Stern. I am certain of it.
Good thing I didn’t bet on this :lol:
I said what I said

Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Doctor wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:13 pm They must have dropped a whole lot of balls that last game
Five, they had three on the season before that game.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Kress wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:51 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:49 pm

Kyle makes it easy for him. All Pro weapons. All Pro LT and protection. Easy reads. All he needs to do is be a great point guard and get the ball where it needs to be. And he's doing that without making mistakes.
In other words, he's Joe Montana.

Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:52 pm
Kress wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:51 pm

In other words, he's Joe Montana.
We hope so!

I for whatever reason had a thought about this analogy today, @Bootz . It's held true every time I watch him. Joe Montana point guard.