Week 4 Rapid Reactions: Bucs Beatdown Saints

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BucsNBills

Re: Week 4 Rapid Reactions: Bucs Beatdown Saints

Post by BucsNBills »

Now that we're unable to draft Williams, may as well win every game we can. Baker is fun to watch and it's nice not being a complete dumpster fire like many other teams. Seems to more of a Team this year as well, instead of just Brady and the Bucs...
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Don't look now but Tampa Todd Bowles is undefeated against the Saints.
Last edited by Doctor on Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Doctor wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:53 pm Don't look now but Todd Bowles is undefeated against the Saints.
Not quite true https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... j/2017.htm
Snake

Post by Snake »

It appears McCollum can play.

At the risk of appearing like a fool in 10 weeks, I still don’t think the Buccaneers are very good. But they’re one of those middling teams who will have their way with other mediocre/bad teams who don’t have their shit together. They’re gonna play hard and have talent in some crucial spots.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Baker something like 78%?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'll ask again. Why can we hype Goff with the Lions but not Baker with the Bucs?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:08 pm I'll ask again. Why can we hype Goff with the Lions but not Baker with the Bucs?
I'm not hyping him - I thought Wk4 was for talking about the Bucs.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

My point is Lions the next legit contender after SF and Phi. They didn't have to tank. They lost their prize QB. If they can be seen as legit why not the Bucs?

3-1 in the NFC and about to get healthier.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:24 pm My point is Lions the next legit contender after SF and Phi. They didn't have to tank. They lost their prize QB. If they can be seen as legit why not the Bucs?

How about Detroit make the playoffs 1st & win a game in the playoffs before we crown them after 4 games...
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean it's an "as it stands now".

Still got the packers?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:33 pm
Doctor wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:24 pm My point is Lions the next legit contender after SF and Phi. They didn't have to tank. They lost their prize QB. If they can be seen as legit why not the Bucs?

How about Detroit make the playoffs 1st & win a game in the playoffs before we crown them after 4 games...
I assume this is another one of your embellishments. Why not try actually not being an overly dramatic rabble-rouser and address what was actually said? Typical Bootz behavior. Don't discuss the actual point. Make some stupid shit up and post it like you made an actual point.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:38 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:33 pm

I assume this is another one of your embellishments. Why not try actually not being an overly dramatic rabble-rouser and address what was actually said? Typical Bootz behavior. Don't discuss the actual point. Make some stupid shit up and post it like you made an actual point.
You can get off my dick in here. Grown men are talking
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:37 pm I mean it's an "as it stands now".

Still got the packers?
I do. I think once they round into shape they'll be better than the Lions. I'm just not believing they'll be able to keep it up for the long haul.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:50 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:38 pm

There were grown men talking until you got involved.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:15 pm It appears McCollum can play.

At the risk of appearing like a fool in 10 weeks, I still don’t think the Buccaneers are very good. But they’re one of those middling teams who will have their way with other mediocre/bad teams who don’t have their shit together. They’re gonna play hard and have talent in some crucial spots.
This is such a baffling take. I would really like you to point out teams that are not 3-1 that are better. The defense has not been 100% and they have been causin problems. The offense hasn't figured their identity, but guess what the runs have started.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

The ENTIRE BAR howled and were still hysterically laughing while filing out to the parking lot when Jameis made his grand entrance…..
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Seeing young guys with a little juice like Trey Palmer and Deven Thompkins out there making plays instead of the corpse of Julio Jones is a nice thing too. I know the salary cap issues are forcing it, but I like that we are actually letting young players go out and play. It’s something we are going to see more of for years to come too so hopefully we keep finding contributors.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:15 pm It appears McCollum can play.

Davis and Dean need to get things going.

3-1 with so much improvement that could be made - I like it.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Vaughn got his first carries of the season (9) of them. He got a five yard run, a 8 yard run, and then the o-line gave him 7 carries for 3 yards. You have just got to not fail that quickly while trying to run block - so often.

I mean, are we not seeing a high percentage of fail? Hope film study will help a teaching moment.
Last edited by mdb1958 on Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoldenBudda

Post by GoldenBudda »

What a great performance by the Bucs.

Bowles is working miracles with the backups on defense. What a stellar scheme.

Vita Vea is a monster.
Shaq Barrett is a baller. LVD is a stud.

But that backfield, Winfield is balling lights out. Zyon and Dee Delaney stepping up big time today shocked me. Those guys were supposed to get crushed today I'm glad they didnt get that memo.

With all the concussions Winfield has had l've been telling myself there's NO WAY we can sign him to a big extension. Unfortunately, there's NO WAY we cant sign him to that deal. What a condundrum.

Speaking of backups, hello Devin Thompkins. I've always liked his energy, and I'm so excited he finally got a real chance to prove.......he was a better player than Russell Gage all along. Russell only had one thing that DT didn't have and that was an opportunity.

The offense didnt look like we lost our #1 when Mike went down. Everyone stepped up. Trey Palmer is a baller. DT is a stud. Godwin is a warrior.

Baker Mayfield. Wow. He looked sharp and had some excellent zip on the ball. Massive improvement over last week. Great team win.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

When Jameis came in at the end and immediately threw a long bomb that got picked, I had to laugh. Typical Jameis. Unwilling to learn and take what is given to him. Glad he's not doing that shit for the Bucs anymore.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:21 am When Jameis came in at the end and immediately threw a long bomb that got picked, I had to laugh. Typical Jameis. Unwilling to learn and take what is given to him. Glad he's not doing that shit for the Bucs anymore.
I understand why that Jameis INT is laughable, but I think that is Jamies playing to win the game and not just look harmless to his team and the opponent. I respect that about him.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Indeed. It ended poetically, sure, but it wouldn't be Winston to just roll over. Bomb to Olave for int.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

1st place taste sweet.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Jonny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:01 am
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:21 am When Jameis came in at the end and immediately threw a long bomb that got picked, I had to laugh. Typical Jameis. Unwilling to learn and take what is given to him. Glad he's not doing that shit for the Bucs anymore.
I understand why that Jameis INT is laughable, but I think that is Jamies playing to win the game and not just look harmless to his team and the opponent. I respect that about him.
He just needs more time. :D :D :D
Backside

Post by Backside »

- Offense looks competent at times, major upgrade from last year.

- Feels like teams can move the ball against the defense, but points are tough to come by, playing better QBs will be interesting as the season progresses.

- We had a moment where the running game was looking a bit more creative. I think White is at least an average runner. Clearly this Oline isn't going to move bodies around and open up big holes. But I do think the running game can at least be respectable with a bit more creativity.

- Winfield was putting on All-Pro tape in this game. Such an amazing tackler in the backfield and to break up what looked like an easy TD bomb the very next play. That is drool worthy stuff.

Fun team, I'll be flying out to Tampa with my dad for the next game. Dad is a Lion's fan (Bucs his secondary team) and I'm the inverse. Should be a fun game!
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Jonny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:01 am
Playing like that cost us several games in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and earned him a one way ticket outta here. He'll go down in NFL history as the first ever QB to have 30 TDs and 30 picks in one season. Not to mention his first pass as a Buc and his last pass as a Buc were both pick sixes.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

There is still one big issue with this team that could be a much bigger weakness than O-line as I once may have believed. It is pass rush. JTS, Hall and even Shaq have been quite atrocious this year. There are others on the line I never had high expectations to begin with, either because they are too young (Diaby) or because they are what they are (Nelson). Shaq is a savvy veteran, but the guy has never come close to justifying his salary since he got the contract.

I hope Kancey is a 100% against the lions and beyond because this team stinks in pass rush.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Jonny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:30 pm There is still one big issue with this team that could be a much bigger weakness than O-line as I once may have believed. It is pass rush. JTS, Hall and even Shaq have been quite atrocious this year. There are others on the line I never had high expectations to begin with, either because they are too young (Diaby) or because they are what they are (Nelson). Shaq is a savvy veteran, but the guy has never come close to justifying his salary since he got the contract.

I hope Kancey is a 100% against the lions and beyond because this team stinks in pass rush.
yup.. DL pass rush without a blitz is almost nonexistent
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

With any luck Kancy will be back after the bye and we can see what effect he has on the pass rush. Really wanting to see a full game from him next to Vea. Could dramatically change our pressure and sack rates.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Jonny wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:30 pm There is still one big issue with this team that could be a much bigger weakness than O-line as I once may have believed. It is pass rush. JTS, Hall and even Shaq have been quite atrocious this year. There are others on the line I never had high expectations to begin with, either because they are too young (Diaby) or because they are what they are (Nelson). Shaq is a savvy veteran, but the guy has never come close to justifying his salary since he got the contract.

I'm not too worried about it. Carr was taking those dumpoffs to Kamara in the flat all day avoid the rush. 13 catches by that slippery fellow, but we did a great job chasing the ball when it got out, so overall it was a defensive win.

We're still tied for 10th in the league in sacks despite everything. True, almost half our sacks are from our nosetackle and safety at the moment, but I have full faith and confidence the edge rush will come together with time.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

BucFanClw wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:11 pm It showed great sportsmanship on the part of the Saints to help us celebrate our win by throwing Winston in for a customary pick.
Welcome back. You were missed.
I said what I said

BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Central_Buc wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:10 pm
Kona wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:49 pm If you would’ve told me we’d be 3-1 going into the bye before the season I wouldn’t have believed you. But here we are. Nice team win today and makes it even better it’s vs the Saints. If we can beat Detroit after the bye we may just have something here.
Probably because the National media kept saying we were going to bad all offseason. Hell they were sucking the Saints dick all week this week like we are a bottom feeder, just because we lost to the machine that is the Eagles last week.

Time to accept reality that the Bucs are a good football team.
I'd say they're a middle of the road football team right now. They'll win the games they're supposed to win but will have trouble with the elite squads.
They've got talent but they are cap strapped and it's gonna come time to pay a bunch of guys soon and they're gonna have to let them walk.

Plus, a middle of the road team isn't good enough to go far in the playoffs (if you make it) but isn't bad enough to get top draft picks. One can only hope that a team like New England or Chicago drafts a QB and cuts Mac Jones/Justin Fields loose and we pick him up and Canales works magic with him.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:56 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:50 pm

Dude, he’s not worth it. He’s just a prick that likes to stir up trouble. Always..
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Phantom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:07 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:56 pm

Dude, he’s not worth it. He’s just a prick that likes to stir up trouble. Always..
I get that. Normally, I ignore him. At times I like to play with my food though.