NCAA Football 2021

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
uscbucsfan

Re: NCAA Football 2021

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:43 am Michigan versus Cinci for 1.

Alabama/Georgia rematch in the other.

Please committee give us that.
Nope.

Bama vs Cinci and UGA vs Michigan.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:43 am Michigan versus Cinci for 1.

Alabama/Georgia rematch in the other.

Please committee give us that.
Nope.

ghey.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

I'd say odds are pretty good for an all SEC final, again.
Snake

Post by Snake »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm

Nope.

ghey.
I prefer this honestly.

Alabama clearly seems like the best team. We need to figure out who’s better between Georgia and Michigan. because nobody else seems to stand a chance against Alabama in a final.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Alabama is -14 over Cincy
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:49 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:32 pm

ghey.
I prefer this honestly.

Alabama clearly seems like the best team. We need to figure out who’s better between Georgia and Michigan. because nobody else seems to stand a chance against Alabama in a final.
The NFL has taught me that losing teams can sometimes be winning teams.

Michigan will probably compete with Georgia. Cinci won't compete with Alabama and it's a shame.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Cincy is going to regret making the playoff. They could've stayed out of the top 4 and gone the UCF route where they play/beat a lesser team in a New Years 6 game and then claim to be a national champion because they were victims of the system.

Now Cincy gets to have their brains beat in by Bama in a game that matters.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Michigan should have had the top seed...

This playoff is manufactured for TV ratings.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:03 pm Michigan should have had the top seed...

I dont even know if Michigan fans think Michigan is the best team in the country right now.

I hate Bama, but they deserve the 1 seed.

I think Michigan gets beat handily by UGA.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:03 pm Michigan should have had the top seed...

I dont even know if Michigan fans think Michigan is the best team in the country right now.

I hate Bama, but they deserve the 1 seed.

I think Michigan gets beat handily by UGA.
Dismantled Ohio (#2sead at the time), Lost to the #8 MSU, Took apart #13 Iowa

Alabama lost to an unranked Texas A&M, needed an overtime fluke to get by unranked AUB, Squeezed by Arkansas

I think Michigan loses as well, but seeding Alabama against Ciny? That is bullshit.

They want a repeat of GA and AL, they don't want a Michigan losing to AL or GA in the title game.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

A&M was never unranked by the committee.

Alabama looks like the best team in the country and beat UGA who has been 1 for every ranking this year.

It is better for viewing, but Bama looks like the better team right now.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:43 pm A&M was never unranked by the committee.

Alabama looks like the best team in the country and beat UGA who has been 1 for every ranking this year.

They were unranked week 6 when they played Alabama. Ranked 18 after they beat Alabama. Wound up Ranked 25 with an unranked losses to LSU

They honestly that have no business being ranked at the end of the season.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:02 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:43 pm A&M was never unranked by the committee.

They were unranked week 6 when they played Alabama. Ranked 18 after they beat Alabama. Wound up Ranked 25 with an unranked losses to LSU

They've been ranked in every committee ranking.

They started the season unranked in the coaches and AP poll, but that's irrelevant to CFP rankings.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

I’d have them ranked as they are

Bama 41 Cincy 13
Michigan 31 Ga 20

Bama 42 Mich 17
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:06 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:02 pm

They started the season unranked in the coaches and AP poll, but that's irrelevant to CFP rankings.
I see where we are disjointed.

"Playoff" Committee does not start until Week 10.

The "Coaches" Committee starts week one.

A&M would not have been ranked in the playoff board if they did not beat Alabama...
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:40 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:06 pm

I see where we are disjointed.

"Playoff" Committee does not start until Week 10.

The "Coaches" Committee starts week one.

A&M would not have been ranked in the playoff board if they did not beat Alabama...
The other rankings don't matter.

Saying they beat an unranked A&M is a biased point of view.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

The Bowl matchups are out. LSU as expected is playing in one of the Toilet Bowls, after everyone else has "bowled out".

But I guess Brian Kelly doesn't look like an idiot, only a jerk, because the way it went down Notre Dame was on the outside looking in.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Or it's purpose is to get the two best teams in the final, instead of having them play in the semi-final.

Good luck to Michigan. I hope they learned from the SECCG and come out passing vs Georgia. That Bulldog defensive front 7 is physically dominating, even vs a team like Bama who has recruited better than anyone the past decade. Bama just has a phenomenal QB and a bunch of guys who will be playing on Sunday at WR/TE.

I'm not sure Michigan has that kind of capability in the passing game.

I think Michigan v Georgia has the potential of being a good game. Unlike the Bama v Cincy game which will be a blowout.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Gators vs UCF here in Tampa (RayJay) on Dec 23rd according to reports.

The Gasparilla Bowl!!
Kress

Post by Kress »

I think Michigan/Georgia is going to be a great game - if you like watching the type of football where lots of mouths get smashed.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Kress wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:47 pm I think Michigan/Georgia is going to be a great game - if you like watching the type of football where lots of mouths get smashed.
You sad about losing your DC, OC, and AD?

It's wild that Clemson has kept their core intact for this long. No one does that at that level, but it was bound to happen.

Venables and Elliot have been awesome. Wild that Venables was a DC for almost 10 years with the success he had. Apparently there was only 1 place he was going to go.
Kress

Post by Kress »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:56 pm
Kress wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:47 pm I think Michigan/Georgia is going to be a great game - if you like watching the type of football where lots of mouths get smashed.
You sad about losing your DC, OC, and AD?

It's wild that Clemson has kept their core intact for this long. No one does that at that level, but it was bound to happen.

Venables and Elliot have been awesome. Wild that Venables was a DC for almost 10 years with the success he had. Apparently there was only 1 place he was going to go.

Losing Venables sucks, but I've been expecting it to happen for years so it's not like it's a shock. Like you said, I'm surprised he lasted this long. I'm more worried about how it will affect recruiting because, for high school kids watching TV, he was very much the public face of Clemson defensive football. That's who they saw and heard about.

I kind of soured on Elliot this year. When DJ came out and showed everyone that he wasn't going to be the QB we thought he was, Elliot had no answer for it. I did not see the game plan or play calling adjustments I would have expected. It was like he kept trying to force him in as the next branch of the Deshaun/Trevor tree. I don't know what they saw in preseason or practice or whatever, but DJ's play did not fit what Elliot was asking him to do.

Either way, things will look different next year. Or, I suppose, at the Cheeze-It Cheezorama in Orlando.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Everyone is rooting for Michigan vs Cincinnati national championship game

Michigan vs Alabama the dream matchup

Saban vs Harbaugh
Snake

Post by Snake »

This is unbelievable. It’s like parody. I sincerely hope USCw crashes and burns (again).

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Any chance Adam Anderson gets cleared
Snake

Post by Snake »

Clemson has lost OC, DC, and athletic director.

Dabo isn’t far behind imo.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:45 am Dabo isn’t far behind imo.
Why do you believe that?

I pointed out a few days ago that they would lose those three, but the fact they've had the same coaching staff since basically 2015 is not normal in CFB.

It sounds like they are hiring coaches from within, but there's no indication that Dabo is leaving.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Phantom wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 pm Everyone is rooting for Michigan vs Cincinnati national championship game

Saban vs Harbaugh
"Everyone" :roll:

Not if they want to see the best teams play. Whoever is claiming to want to watch Cincy vs Michigan are just haters (like you are here) and tired of getting dominated by same schools, or Michigan/Cincy fans hoping to avoid better competition.

Michigan v Bama would be appealing though, I agree. But I wouldn't go betting on that. Michigan won't be able to run the ball on Georgia and is going to have to hope for something on defense of special teams breaks their way in a low scoring game. I'll say they have a much better chance than Cincy does vs Bama.
Dread

Post by Dread »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am
Why do you believe that?

I pointed out a few days ago that they would lose those three, but the fact they've had the same coaching staff since basically 2015 is not normal in CFB.

It sounds like they are hiring coaches from within, but there's no indication that Dabo is leaving.
Yup. Dabo isn't going anywhere other than MAYBE Bama whenever Saban leaves.

Clemson's OC was overrated imo and I don't view that as some huge loss tbh.

Losing Venables hurts, but Clemson should be glad they were able to hold onto him for as long as they did.

Clemson has another top 10 national recruiting class coming into the pipeline. They'll be ok as long as Dabo is the HC and they continue to recruit like they have. Which with Dabo there, they will.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I could see Dabo taking another job. Nothing is sacred at this point. We will see if the new administration has what it takes to support him. With other schools spending insane amounts of money to hire coaches and infrastructure (UF for example), it’s possible. Dabo needs to start getting those otherworldly quarterbacks again. He’s definitely gone for Bama if he’s offered.

He is a smart guy and realizes that playing in a shit conference works in his favor.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Dread wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:42 am
Phantom wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 pm Everyone is rooting for Michigan vs Cincinnati national championship game

Saban vs Harbaugh

Not if they want to see the best teams play. Whoever is claiming to want to watch Cincy vs Michigan are just haters (like you are here) and tired of getting dominated by same schools, or Michigan/Cincy fans hoping to avoid better competition.

Michigan v Bama would be appealing though, I agree. But I wouldn't go betting on that. Michigan won't be able to run the ball on Georgia and is going to have to hope for something on defense of special teams breaks their way in a low scoring game. I'll say they have a much better chance than Cincy does vs Bama.

Haters? WTF are you talking about? :roll:

I rather Michigan to play Georgia and Alabama (if they win vs Cincinnati} to win the championship anyway..

“ you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best”

I mean Michigan dominated both Iowa and Ohio State. I’m satisfied with it
Snake

Post by Snake »

If Cincinnati is still in the game going into the fourth quarter, that to me, is an accomplishment.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:30 am

Agreed
Dread

Post by Dread »

Snake wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:07 am I could see Dabo taking another job. Nothing is sacred at this point. We will see if the new administration has what it takes to support him. With other schools spending insane amounts of money to hire coaches and infrastructure (UF for example), it’s possible. Dabo needs to start getting those otherworldly quarterbacks again. He’s definitely gone for Bama if he’s offered.

He is a smart guy and realizes that playing in a shit conference works in his favor.
Agree, but Clemson is already spending insane amounts of money on coaches and infrastructure. So it won't be a situation like Jimbo/FSU where you have a in-demand HC not getting the support he wants from the administration.

It's not like FSU has bad facilities either, but they are just average, and average can be a disadvantage when competing for top tier recruits. So when Jimbo see's programs like Bama, TAMU, Texas, Oregon, Clemson, Florida, etc all making plans and breaking ground on these new infrastructure plans he knew he needed to get FSU to that level or jump ship if he wanted to maintain the program at the level it had reached in 2013/2014.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football, it's why southern schools dominate CFB and the northern schools who stay relevant do so by recruiting well in the south. Bama isn't Bama if they don't have top 3 recruiting classes every year. Dan Mullen would still be a HC if he wasn't so indifferent about recruiting.

Facilities and NIL deals are the new competitive advantages for football programs, the ones who leverage those better will better recruits and thus have the more talented teams.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Phantom wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:26 am
Dread wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:42 am

Haters? WTF are you talking about? :roll:

I rather Michigan to play Georgia and Alabama (if they win vs Cincinnati} to win the championship anyway..

“ you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best”

I mean Michigan dominated both Iowa and Ohio State. I’m satisfied with it
I'm sure you'll be rooting for Bama over Cincy.