Who's the 2nd?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who's the 2nd best QB today

Josh Allen
No votes
Joe Burrow
40%
Justin Herbert
13%
Jalen Hurts
No votes
Lamar Jackson
No votes
Tua Tagovailoa
47%

Total votes: 15

Bootz

Re: Who's the 2nd?

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:11 am
Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:46 pm

Any missing names you think deserve consideration?
Stafford gets a mention from me for body of work.
I could see a case being made. He's fallen off so much though since he won the SB. And not to mention he didn't have much success Detroit.
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If Mahomes isn't your number #1, not much interest in your opinion about #2.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:43 pm If Mahomes isn't your number #1, not much interest in your opinion about #2.
He did also question Brady being the GOAT and people believe the Earth is flat...not much anyone can do about that.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:44 pm
Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:43 pm If Mahomes isn't your number #1, not much interest in your opinion about #2.
He did also question Brady being the GOAT and people believe the Earth is flat...not much anyone can do about that.
He came in here hoping for a fight.

He showed as much when he told you in 1 breath that championships and awards don't mean much but then turned around and said Brady not winning a championship without his best receiver in another is part of why he's not the GOAT.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:56 pm
uscbucsfan1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:44 pm

He showed as much when he told you in 1 breath that championships and awards don't mean much but then turned around and said Brady not winning a championship without his best receiver in another is part of why he's not the GOAT.
Some people just want to watch the world burn.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:57 pm

I could actually appreciate and respect that if he owned up to it. But he tried to deflect it on me and make it about "Bootz' history".
Kress

Post by Kress »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:57 pm

Some people just like attention, not matter the form.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Out of all the QBs playing right now, Mahommes has had the best career this far obviously. One could argue that Tua is playing the best ball right now though....

Key words, "right now"
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Selmon Rules wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:12 pm Out of all the QBs playing right now, Mahommes has had the best career this far obviously. One could argue that Tua is playing the best ball right now though....

Key words, "right now"
"Right now" is definitely the operative word. Last year this time, people were debating who was better out of Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes. Now Josh Allen isn't even the best QB in his division.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Selmon Rules wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:12 pm Out of all the QBs playing right now, Mahommes has had the best career this far obviously. One could argue that Tua is playing the best ball right now though....

Key words, "right now"
That was one of the reasons for my questioning the OP. It seemed like the question was "right now" the reasoning they gave was active players based on career. Seemed a little bit messed up IMHO.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:27 am

Key words, "right now"
That was one of the reasons for my questioning the OP. It seemed like the question was "right now" the reasoning they gave was active players based on career. Seemed a little bit messed up IMHO.
Even if you thought the question was "right now", you said you'd rank Burrow #1. So "right now" you think the best QB in football is a guy who has more turnover than TDs, is completing about 55% of his passes, has a 1-2 record and a QB rating around 66.

Tell me you have no credibility without telling me you have no credibility.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:14 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:27 am

Even if you thought the question was "right now", you said you'd rank Burrow #1. So "right now" you think the best QB in football is a guy who has more turnover than TDs, is completing about 55% of his passes, has a 1-2 record and a QB rating around 66.

If I wanted to do that I would just change my name to Bootz.

Point stands. Your question was poorly worded and confusing.

I will say this: The best QB does not always end up with the best stats since this is a team game. Bad offensive line, bad receivers, bad running game, poor coaching, etc. All impact QB stats.

Next time word your question properly.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:45 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:14 pm

If I wanted to do that I would just change my name to Bootz.

Point stands. Your question was poorly worded and confusing.

I will say this: The best QB does not always end up with the best stats since this is a team game. Bad offensive line, bad receivers, bad running game, poor coaching, etc. All impact QB stats.

Next time word your question properly.
Okay. What makes Joe Burrow the best QB in football this year?