Ichabod's Monday Analysis on Tuesday: Week 3

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis on Tuesday: Week 3

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

This game was so bad Ke’Shawn Vaughn opted out of playing time and Cody Mauch fixed his teeth to hide his identity leaving the locker room. Hell, we closed down the Vet and all those homeless Philly fans took up residence at Raymond James Stadium. Monday night was our chance to showcase that we were at least competent, and all we could say for ourselves is at least we didn’t give up 70 points.

1.) I thought 9 of our 15 plays on offense in the 2nd half were spectacular.

Dislikes:
1.) Not quite the Mike drop I was expecting.
2.) If only our cornerbacks could cover as well as Godwin protecting the ball after a catch.
3.) This is what happens when one team is playing on Monday Night Football and the other is playing two hand touch with their grandmother and her knitting group.
4.) Forget TikTok, If you played all of Rachaad White’s runs back-to-back. You could fit it into one Facebook Reel. Heck, bring back Vines, it’d probably still fit.
5.) Wasn’t our night right? Of course with CD3 out, Dean was going to get hurt… Ronde was there though. I’m just saying.
6.) Following our interceptions in three plays we fumbled twice and gave up a safety.
7.) Anyone remember episodes of Mad Men being like... Guess what Pete, she’s pregnant and it’s your baby! Only for none of that to mentioned again until like 5 episodes later in the next season. That’s what happened to our offense after our only drive in the 4th quarter.

Random:
1.) I really wish they’d bring back the players introducing themselves. Rumor has it they were going to do it for this game, but the offense wasn’t on the field long enough to get through all 11 players.
2.) Joe Buck stating the Ronde pick 6 was considered the greatest play in Bucs history up to that point. Sir, it still is our greatest play.
3.) Also, what genius at Monday Night Football thought it’d be a good idea to wait to talk about Ronde until right around the same time in the game he took it to the house in Philly? We were all packing up our snacks and wiping down the kitchen.
4.) Hainsey would’ve taken it to the house.
5.) If you think I’m posting this a bit early, remember false starts weren’t called in this game.

We had a chance. We stopped the Eagles on fourth down to start the game, held them to a field goal after another shitty special teams play, and marched down the field only to drop a touchdown pass. From there we let them gash us as we inched forward. The defense never caught their breath, and the offense wasn’t given the opportunity to catch anything. We were outplayed by a better team, but you can see where things could go differently if we just played sound football. Would love to have seen this game later in the year.
Doctor

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis on Tuesday: Week 3

Post by Doctor »

Lots of no calls. Good post.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Love the post. We'll be back. Saints Oline is terrible, we should get to Winston just fine.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

The rest of the South kind of sucks. We may well make the playoffs again just by virtue of being the tallest midget. There is a reasonable chance we do see the Eagles again this year.

We aren't an elite team but we are a decent team with room to improve as Canales, Baker and the Oline get more in tune. I don't know that we have a RB on the roster. Is it too late to give Frank Gore a WYD call?
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

From here on in, every post I make will start with, FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH.

Thank you for taking the time for this analysis. I would have taken the week off, just like the majority of the team did. Brief thoughts:
Devin White being Devin White
I still hate Buc fans selling their tickets to opposing fans. When it started pouring rain on our Offensive drive I heard Alanis Morissette singing "Isn't it Ironic"
Rashaad White doing his best Leonard Fournette impressions
Mike Evans needs to alway catch with one hand
I'm not sure what Canales was thinking trying to run it out of the endzone, did he not see our Offensive Line being bullied all night?

This game felt like a Group of High School Seniors beating up the Freshman Football Class. Their OL and DL Line manhandled ours and if that wasn't going to change, nor would the outcome. I applaud Philly for investing draft picks and dollars into their Lines, it's clearly working.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Buccabeer wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:00 am From here on in, every post I make will start with, FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH.

Thank you for taking the time for this analysis. I would have taken the week off, just like the majority of the team did. Brief thoughts:
I still hate Buc fans selling their tickets to opposing fans. When it started pouring rain on our Offensive drive I heard Alanis Morissette singing "Isn't it Ironic"
I'm not sure what Canales was thinking trying to run it out of the endzone, did he not see our Offensive Line being bullied all night?

This game felt like a Group of High School Seniors beating up the Freshman Football Class. Their OL and DL Line manhandled ours and if that wasn't going to change, nor would the outcome. I applaud Philly for investing draft picks and dollars into their Lines, it's clearly working.
Why didn't we try that Philly QB sneak rugby play instead of running the ISO? I'm not sure why it wasn't a touchback anyway. The defender had a foot in the end zone.
Last edited by Redrum on Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Terry Tate wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:06 am The rest of the South kind of sucks. We may well make the playoffs again just by virtue of being the tallest midget. There is a reasonable chance we do see the Eagles again this year.

We aren't an elite team but we are a decent team with room to improve as Canales, Baker and the Oline get more in tune. I don't know that we have a RB on the roster. Is it too late to give Frank Gore a WYD call?
3 2-1 teams. I'd say our division is in good shape. Anyone could win it, except maybe Carolina.
Most hated man in America.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I bought a 85” TV specifically to watch football on and that split screen just obliterated that purpose. Don’t force a game onto my screen in my home, that I basically care nothing about and distract from the game I truly want to see but now is compromised. The game was bad enough but that split screen was infuriating.
I said what I said

IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:13 am I bought a 85” TV specifically to watch football on and that split screen just obliterated that purpose. Don’t force a game onto my screen in my home, that I basically care nothing about and distract from the game I truly want to see but now is compromised. The game was bad enough but that split screen was infuriating.
Last week when they split the screen I didn't care. This week when it was a team I was invested in, I was like get this shit off my screen!!!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:37 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:13 am I bought a 85” TV specifically to watch football on and that split screen just obliterated that purpose. Don’t force a game onto my screen in my home, that I basically care nothing about and distract from the game I truly want to see but now is compromised. The game was bad enough but that split screen was infuriating.
Last week when they split the screen I didn't care. This week when it was a team I was invested in, I was like get this shit off my screen!!!
It was so freaking violating.
I said what I said

BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

My question about TV’s are why the NFL isn’t broadcasting every game in 4K.

Every TV on the market is essentially 4K. Why can’t we broadcast the game in the game. 1080 isn’t good enough. Amazon smashes it out of the park with this. Mostly college games get 4K treatment. Why doesn’t the NFL, the richest sports entity in America, have the ability to do so?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Redrum wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:35 am
Buccabeer wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:00 am From here on in, every post I make will start with, FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH.

Why didn't we try that Philly QB sneak rugby play instead of running the ISO? I'm not sure why it wasn't a touchback anyway. The defender had a foot in the end zone.
Literally this:
The ball belongs to the defensive team at the spot where the player's foot or other body part touched the ground to establish possession. If that spot is in the end zone, the result of the play is a touchback, even if the ball is not on, above, or beyond the goal line.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Terry Tate wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:06 am The rest of the South kind of sucks. We may well make the playoffs again just by virtue of being the tallest midget. There is a reasonable chance we do see the Eagles again this year.
And that will put this team in no man's land. Not good enough to go to the playoffs or to just barely make it and get blown away in the first round, but not bad enough for a draft pick high enough to secure a franchise QB.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:11 pm
And that will put this team in no man's land. Not good enough to go to the playoffs or to just barely make it and get blown away in the first round, but not bad enough for a draft pick high enough to secure a franchise QB.
Jordan Love and Lamar Jackson would like to dispute that
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:05 pm

You both have points.

I'd add Mahomes to the list too. KC wasn't in a position to draft him but they were close enough to trade up for their guy.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Terry Tate wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:23 pm

You both have points.

I'd add Mahomes to the list too. KC wasn't in a position to draft him but they were close enough to trade up for their guy.
Also Jalen Hurts.

Hell, about 2/3 of the starting QBs were NOT drafted in the top 10 by the teams that they’re on.

Obviously, the more capital a team has the better the chances of landing a good QB, but there are many ways to do that other than losing all your games.

It should also be considered that players don’t want to go to franchises they see as bottom feeders. Losing games can result in losing out on free agents and even high caliber draft picks. It’s a tale as old as Bo Jackson.

Be competitive, win games, work to get better, and then maximize the pieces you have.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Literally none of the top teams in the NFL got to where they are by tanking. It's such an asinine concept I should just stop posting about it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Are you forgetting about Jalen Hurts? He played in a Superbowl and was taken in the 2nd round. (edited)
Last edited by 13F11B on Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:28 am It’s a tale as old as Bo Jackson.
To be fair, we were a loser organization proven by Culverhouse either lying to Bo Jackson, or too cheap to make a phone call to see if Bo would be ineligible for baseball if he flew him out on his private jet
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

You both have points.

A #1 overall QB hasn’t won a championship since Peyton Manning. And the last before him was Troy Aikman. Considering Caleb Williams’ attitude so far he’ll likely join the list of former #1s to make a ton of money that never win dick.

There will be so many QBs available in this draft. If we want one we’ll get one. Hell, get 2. You don’t have to lose every game to draft a QB.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

13F11B wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:15 pm

Are you forgetting about Jalen Hurts? He won a Superbowl and was taken in the 2nd round.
*lost
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:00 pm
13F11B wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:15 pm

Are you forgetting about Jalen Hurts? He won a Superbowl and was taken in the 2nd round.
*lost
My bad. I meant to type played in a Superbowl. Got distracted.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

13F11B wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:10 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:00 pm

*lost
My bad. I meant to type played in a Superbowl. Got distracted.
All good. I just didn’t want that going unchecked and put in the universe to actually happen.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:23 pm

You both have points.

A #1 overall QB hasn’t won a championship since Peyton Manning. And the last before him was Troy Aikman. Considering Caleb Williams’ attitude so far he’ll likely join the list of former #1s to make a ton of money that never win dick.

There will be so many QBs available in this draft. If we want one we’ll get one. Hell, get 2. You don’t have to lose every game to draft a QB.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I prefer Bo Nix or Quinn Ewers.. maybe Drake Maye if we don’t draft that high.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Phantom wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:29 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:23 pm

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I prefer Bo Nix or Quinn Ewers.. maybe Drake Maye if we don’t draft that high.
The list is long and distinguished. As many as 10 QBs likely to come out and drafted in the first 3 rounds. Chances are one of those guys ends up having a more successful career as a winner than whoever the "consensus top 2" are.