Week 3 Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Eagles

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: Week 3 Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Eagles

Post by Doctor »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:43 pm This was an example where Canales should have broken with Bowles and gone more with the passing game. Hopefully he learns how to deal with Bowles and take over game calling when it doesn’t align to being as balanced as Bowles likes but is needed.
This was 100% Canales. He has said so much himself. And I'm not going to lie... it worked a bit. We got some pretty good runs from White near the end there and all those hopeless runs up the middle did set up a nice play action that the entire D bit on but we couldn't take advantage of. That's why you keep doing that. To set up those big hits. We just missed our swings.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Those "successful" runs were more due to Philly playing coverage/ prevent more than anything we just magically had success with
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

13F11B wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:17 pm
Al Bundy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:15 pm Mike Evans dropped an easy TD and it really ended the game right there, he left the field way early and really only had anything on the drive when the game was over. Calijah Kancey is a wasted pick, he told the coaches he wasn't ready to go simply because he didn't want to compete against the Eagles OL.
The second stupidest thing I have heard this century.
All are facts, not my fault you didn't watch the game.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Al Bundy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:16 pm

He's talking about your Kancy comment.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Al Bundy wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:16 pm

Weird definition for facts. Go find Tattoo

Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Please please please please please no more wins this season

I’ve been saying it since we signed baker that we will get those 7,8,9 wins and accomplish nothing. We are throwing our future away with Baker

Any other season I’m rooting for us until we are eliminated. But this season can potentially set us back for years
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Sdbucs wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:09 am Please please please please please no more wins this season

I’ve been saying it since we signed baker that we will get those 7,8,9 wins and accomplish nothing. We are throwing our future away with Baker

Any other season I’m rooting for us until we are eliminated. But this season can potentially set us back for years
I understand the sentiment of what you're saying because there is a good crop of good young QBs next draft.. But again. The National media fed you a narrative that we are a last place team which was not true.

How can we be a last place team when we have all pro players on both sides of the ball coming off a SB win 2 years ago?

We are a contender. Maybe not SB but good enough to pull off an upset in the Playoffs against a team like Philly. Or SF
Last edited by Central_Buc on Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sdbucs wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:09 am Please please please please please no more wins this season

Facts tbh
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

* Defensive Line utterly bullied. Mauled.

* Offensive Line utterly bullied. Mauled. Particularly iOL. Feiler, Hainsey, and Mauch were beaten every way possible by DTs. Jordan Davis was winning the line of scrimmage against double teams and then making the play; crazy. I'm a bit shocked at how bad Hainsey has been and not just physically (and boy is he struggling there) but also assignment-wise and in space.

* Schematically this is not the offense I was expecting, particularly the run game. Head-scratcher. The only thing I can think of is we must have showed a lot of bad in Outside Zone and Wide Zone because we're barely running it, we're barely running pre and post snap shenanigans off of it and we're barely running counters off of that. I was expecting gameplans and sequencing awash in Seahawks, Mike McDaniels, Kyle Shanahan concepts. This is not that. We're running so much Inside/Mid Zone, Duo, and Gap/Traps/Split Zone without challenging the boundary nearly to the degree I expected. Weird. I just wonder if this OL showed serious struggles with concepts/assignments in camp/installs or something. I don't know, but this is not what I expected offensively.

* What a brutal night for Otton and our TE group. Otton has been bad. This TE group is struggling in both phases. Real bad.

* If Devin White is injured then he shouldn't be playing. He looked tonight like he did almost all of last year. He got murdered by the RB on that HB Option route, was clearly playing outside leverage so the RB ran the correct route but Hurts weirdly threw the Out right to Devin. If that ball is on the money its a huge play for Philly. Devin doesn't even try to score with it. He gingerly coasted out of bounds toward the end of the half (when we needed a big play to spark things and desperately needed the field tilted or 6). That play right there coupled with the rest of his effort in the game tells me he the groin is too much for him to play through. He needs to sit 2-6 weeks (depending on how bad the groin is) to get right.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Central_Buc wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:23 am

I understand the sentiment of what you're saying because there is a good crop of good young QBs next draft.. But again. The National media fed you a narrative that we are a last place team which was not true.

How can we be a last place team when we have all pro players on both sides of the ball coming off a SB win 2 years ago?

We are a contender. Maybe not SB but good enough to pull off an upset in the Playoffs against a team like Philly. Or SF
This team has some pieces to win the south and get blown out in the playoffs, but the wise thing to do would be to lose out and rebuild the offensive and defensive line. From the center to the right side on the OL needs to be replaced and Vita Vea is the only guy on the DL that is an NFL player. Hall, Kancey, Gholston, Gaines are all just guys or in Hall and Kancey's case not NFL players.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Al Bundy wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:06 am

This team has some pieces to win the south and get blown out in the playoffs, but the wise thing to do would be to lose out and rebuild the offensive and defensive line. From the center to the right side on the OL needs to be replaced and Vita Vea is the only guy on the DL that is an NFL player. Hall, Kancey, Gholston, Gaines are all just guys or in Hall and Kancey's case not NFL players.
LOL we are not gonna lose out... But yes we need to consider investing in both Lines..and keep doing so till we find the right formula comparable to the Eagles.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Okay here's a "kill me now" stat.

Most hated man in America.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:03 am Okay here's a "kill me now" stat.

While a depressing statistic, thankfully this is correctable. Run defense is teachable, so long as a player and his teammates are willing to do it.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Central_Buc wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:10 am

LOL we are not gonna lose out... But yes we need to consider investing in both Lines..and keep doing so till we find the right formula comparable to the Eagles.
I’m not going to say you’re wrong but both our lines have multiple early round picks on them.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Alright, I’ll bite the hook. How in the Hell can you say this about Kancey?

And, just FYI, the Eagles got TROUNCED in the playoffs just two years ago. By us. Tanking did not get them where they are right now.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

If Mayfield put actual zip on the TD pass attempt to Evans, Brown would not have been able to reach him in time to defend it (really, to hack Evans’ bicep which broke up the play). Seriously, Evans beat him; the pass was too late.

Grand scheme, it wouldn’t have mattered. The Eagles dominated in the trenches in both directions. That team will go as far as Hurts can take them.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Our strength and conditioning coach needs to be told to get them stronger - not have a healthy poop.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Vea: Guys I hurteth my chest muscle.

The others: Well don't look at me.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Why do people think losing out helps rebuild a team? If you GM and front office can't pick solid players it does not matter what number pick you get. If your coaches can't coach up players it does not matter what number pick you get.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Bowles and Canales are who we thought they were. Nice hype for two games, but all we're really doing is costing ourselves a shot at a franchise QB.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:34 am Why do people think losing out helps rebuild a team?
Because they've seen it done before with the....wait, wait, I think it was the........you remember when it was done by......Oh yea that's right. It hasn't been done before. But at least we'll have a QB #1 overall. Who cares about winning?
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

The Bucs are probably going to have a high draft pick in the 2024 draft. But once again the Bucs will pick the wrong guy.
MRM

Post by MRM »

GreatTimes wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:59 am The Bucs are probably going to have a high draft pick in the 2024 draft. But once again the Bucs will pick the wrong guy.
You mean like a punter from Georgia instead of a defensive player or running back from Georgia?
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Despite the ugly interception, I thought Baker played overall okay. It is hard to get into rhythm and be effective when the O-line is outclassed vastly, no run game and your star WR through whom the offense is being run drops the balls on critical moments. It is because of Baker that I think Bucs still have a shot at the NFC South crown. He's probably the best QB in this division even if it isn't saying much and he did not unravel, showing signs of fear of leading this team even in the worst moments last night. It was very important that we scored a TD in the 4th qtr of the game when the Eagles were defending obvious pass.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

All things considered, Baker wasn't the reason we lost. Far from it. We were physically dominated on both sides of the LOS. Offensive playcalling was also curious. Why did we keep trying to run on that talented IDL? We'll never know.

Needless to say, we got an idea about who we are as a team. Losing sucks but I think we all pretty much knew we weren't anywhere near the Eagles class.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

The eagles dline is just obnoxious and was a clear mismatch vs our raw oline. Philly somehow ending up with Jalen Carter is simply uncalled for.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

We need to heavily invest in the offensive line in our next several drafts. The LOS in general needs love but our last three first picks have been on the defensive line and the offense needs the love now or else we are never going to be able to run the football again.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:00 am We need to heavily invest in the offensive line in our next several drafts. The LOS in general needs love but our last three first picks have been on the defensive line and the offense needs the love now or else we are never going to be able to run the football again.
Yeah, Marpet retiring and injuries kinda caused an unforseen issue witht he OLine.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:39 am Bowles and Canales are who we thought they were. Nice hype for two games, but all we're really doing is costing ourselves a shot at a franchise QB.
Bowles has not changed my mind.
Canales is too new for me to know what he is. If you have drawn a conclusion after having no evidence that is called a guess.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Whites indecisive stutter step on EVERY SINGLE handoff is maddening. Should have changed his number to "0"
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:12 am Whites indecisive stutter step on EVERY SINGLE handoff is maddening. Should have changed his number to "0"
I agree with this to an extent. The line is absolute rubbish at opening up holes, but our backs aren’t making things happen either. I get the RB position is devalued in today’s NFL but I genuinely don’t get how Rachaad White got the starting gig with no competition. He had a dope stiff arm in Germany and the game winning TD against the Saints but was mostly quiet as a rookie otherwise. He should have been fighting for the job against some veteran that was better than Chase Edmonds.
GoldenBudda

Post by GoldenBudda »

Overall tough game. The two guys we needed to ball out - Baker and Devin both had issues. White needs to be benched until healthy. The int was thrown way too late, as was the pass to Evans. If those 2 throws were on time we would have been in the game.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:12 am Whites indecisive stutter step on EVERY SINGLE handoff is maddening. Should have changed his number to "0"
Last night the same could be said for the other White. On almost every handoff he would stutter then jump outside of the RB, typically watching the pile fall to his feet.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:58 am

Alright, I’ll bite the hook. How in the Hell can you say this about Kancey?

And, just FYI, the Eagles got TROUNCED in the playoffs just two years ago. By us. Tanking did not get them where they are right now.
Kancey sat out so he wouldn't get pushed around. I am not convinced that he will play through pain. Jalen Carter showed what a first round DL pick looks like, Kancey sat out to avoid it.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I'm seeing the typical hate/shade being thrown at Devin White, and it may be warranted. But what about the highest paid players on this defense? Where was Vita Vea? Where was Shaq Barrett? Both of them were basically nonexistent. Vita got blown off the ball more times last night than I can ever recall. He was ragdolled numerous times. I don't know where Shaq was other the time they showed him standing on the sideline while our defense was on the field. Not to mention Davis & Dean being hurt and out of action.

That doesn't even speak to the guys who were handed opportunities they haven't taken advantage of. Logan Hall. JTS. Ryan Neal. Kancey.All invisible. This doesn't fall on just Devin White like people want to believe it does.