Introducing the USXFL

BuccaNOLEer

Introducing the USXFL

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

The USFL and the XFL are in talks to merge in time for the 2024 season and from what I'm hearing the sides are very close to a deal and it could be announced any day. I wonder what that will mean for the teams and the rules?
Snake

Re: Introducing the USXFL

Post by Snake »

It means one or both were on the verge of bankruptcy. As they usually are.

Keep all the teams. Shit, I would probably add teams.

put the XFL in some place like Delaware, Ohio and watch 5000 people come to every game. They need asses in the seats. It looks good for the brand. It makes people want to be a part of it.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:45 pm It means one or both were on the verge of bankruptcy. As they usually are.

put the XFL in some place like Delaware, Ohio and watch 5000 people come to every game. They need asses in the seats. It looks good for the brand. It makes people want to be a part of it.
I'll bet it was the USFL and having all the games in Birmingham, I'm not one bit surprised. While Delaware, Ohio may be extreme, they need to be in mid market cities that don't have NFL teams. Here's some good locations for the sixteen teams:

Hartford, Columbus, Charleston, Savannah, Memphis, Birmingham, Shreveport, Orlando, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, El Paso, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Portland,
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

This already posted on other thread :roll:
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:21 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:45 pm It means one or both were on the verge of bankruptcy. As they usually are.

I'll bet it was the USFL and having all the games in Birmingham, I'm not one bit surprised. While Delaware, Ohio may be extreme, they need to be in mid market cities that don't have NFL teams. Here's some good locations for the sixteen teams:

Hartford, Columbus, Charleston, Savannah, Memphis, Birmingham, Shreveport, Orlando, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, El Paso, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Portland,
I would love Kentucky to get a team. Either Lexington or Louisville.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Obsolete wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:05 am
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:21 pm

I would love Kentucky to get a team. Either Lexington or Louisville.
Very good idea. The Kentucky Colonels. And sell KFC at the concession stands
Snake

Post by Snake »

A lot of conflicting information coming out about this. I’m not sure if anybody really knows what it’s gonna look like… other than the people closest involved.