Week 3 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Noles1724

Re: Week 3 Discussion

Post by Noles1724 »

Bucs on MNF makes for a tough Monday Work Day
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:43 am
acmillis wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:21 am

You’re right… bc the concensus is that those other qbs are known commodities… ass. You’re literally the only one saying Fields isn’t ass… just not sure why.
Your credibility on the matter is already in the toilet by your own admission....
acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:34 pm
Couldn't disagree more. I'm on record as a know Fields hater.

But let me get this straight. The reason you go out of your way to mention Justin Fields is because of me? Keep in kind you bring him up out of the blue constantly even when I don't. What you're saying is the reason you do this
acmillis wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:00 am Justin Fields blaming coaching for being a terrible qb is…. Something.
While reporting that, ESPN laid out stats that show he has the most time to throw and his receivers get the most separation in the entire NFL.
I hope the haul they got from CAR was worth keeping him.
acmillis wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:41 pm Fields regressing...wouldn't he have had to ...gress to regress....
acmillis wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:12 pm Man… Fields is ass

Again, you've shown your bias. You don't go out of your way to be critical of any other QB. And it's not because the others are "ass".
So those other qbs aren’t ass? Ok cool, I guess I should go out of my way to defend Mac Jones like you defend Fields.
It’s okay to be wrong, but to say literally everything other than Fieods is the problem is some Jameis1of1 type lovin
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Let be honest, some time a great player can end up going to the wrong team and ruining their career. Bootz logic on Justin Fields….

IMO Fields never had a future in Chicago. He’s horrible QB
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:42 am Let be honest, some time a great player can end up going to the wrong team and ruining their career. Bootz logic on Justin Fields….

That's not my logic on Fields at all. I've never said he was great. I never even said he was good. All I've ever said was that the team around him sucks. But because I don't have this personal hatred of Justin Fields like @acmillis or @Snake do, they confuse it with being a supporter.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:36 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:43 am

Your credibility on the matter is already in the toilet by your own admission....

But let me get this straight. The reason you go out of your way to mention Justin Fields is because of me? Keep in kind you bring him up out of the blue constantly even when I don't. What you're saying is the reason you do this

Again, you've shown your bias. You don't go out of your way to be critical of any other QB. And it's not because the others are "ass".
So those other qbs aren’t ass? Ok cool, I guess I should go out of my way to defend Mac Jones like you defend Fields.
It’s okay to be wrong, but to say literally everything other than Fieods is the problem is some Jameis1of1 type lovin
What's ironic here is if you actually paid attention, you'd know I'm a MUCH bigger Mac Jones fan than I am Justin Fields. But you see color in the worst way so your bias shines through.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Noles1724 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:31 am Bucs on MNF makes for a tough Monday Work Day
Makes even a tougher Tuesday work day.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Dolphins @ Bills is going to be an epic game next week. Honestly it should be flexed to SNF, because Chiefs vs Jets is a dogshit game for primetime.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:25 am Justin Fields is what trolls tried to say Lamar was. He’s a great athlete and can make plays but his ability to read defenses and make throws needs a LOT of work. His issues most likely won’t be fixed in Chicago. Maybe going somewhere like Baltimore where he can backup Lamar and work on his game without the pressure of winning on Sundays for a bit can help. I think he’s got the talent to do better, but he likely needs to get off the field for a bit and work on the fundamentals.
I don't think Fields' fundamentals are the problem. To my eye at least, it's his confidence and decision-making (and both of those are intrinsically intertwined). And part of that is I think they're asking too much of him from a mental processing standpoint.

If I were his coach, I'd give him easy reads and decision-making. Design plays to put a specific defender in conflict, read that defender, and let fly. Spread the field with wider sets so he has lighter boxes to work against. Because this theoretically offense isn't too complex, run it at tempo so the defense has to give you base looks and can't freely substitute. See who they are putting onto Fields as a spy and run RPO slants and crossers behind him. If they don't consistently spy Fields, laugh to easy first downs.

I don't know why the Bears want him taking five step drops and reading the whole field. He ain't Peyton Manning and probably never will be. Let him run an offense that's suited to his game, and let him stack easy wins so he has the confidence to make big dick plays in the passing game. He showed at Ohio State and flashed as a pro that he can make those throws, but he is for whatever reason not feeling them. The job of a coach is to put your players into that mindset that they can make those plays, and the Bears thus far have proven abysmal at creating that mindset.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:33 pm Dolphins @ Bills is going to be an epic game next week. Honestly it should be flexed to SNF, because Chiefs vs Jets is a dogshit game for primetime.
The Jets look abysmal without Rodgers.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:21 pm
These Are The Days wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:13 pm

What does that say about Justin Fields? Serious question
Says multiple things.

Fields I believe had the 2nd or 3rd most rush yards ever for a QB with over 1100. Now while it's not passing, it's at least showing progression. BUT to your question as to what it says about him, it says what we already knew. His team hasn't put a great team around him. He has not yet taken that necessary step as a QB on the field.

Now what this also says, and why I doubt you respond, is it says a lot about anyone who makes a discussion about any young QB failing here about Justin Fields. No mention of Zach Wilson. Daniel Jones. Mac Jones. Kenny Pickett, who this is about. Kyle Trask even, who couldnt beat out Blaine Gabbert or Baker Mayfield but still has a following. But you brought it back to Justin Fields. I'm sure there's a reason you decided to call him out when we were here discussing Kenny Pickett BUT I doubt you let us know.
The story has been out on Jones, Jones, Wilson and Trask for some time now. Especially Trask. He's lucky to still be getting a paycheck. They're not it. Fields I had a lot more hope for and plus he is surrounded by such a bad team it's almost hard for me to evaluate him.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I don't hate Fields. I would have traded our first round pick in this last draft, for Fields. I said as much before the draft.

I'm having a hard time seeing the light coming on for him. He's straight up missing reads left and right. There are throws to be made and he isn't doing it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:52 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:17 pm

I think Winston is a bit worse than Baker.
Based on?
Reality.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Snake wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:58 pm I don't hate Fields. I would have traded our first round pick in this last draft, for Fields. I said as much before the draft.

I'm having a hard time seeing the light coming on for him. He's straight up missing reads left and right. There are throws to be made and he isn't doing it.
I don't think its a matter of hate, some take longer than others to learn and that could be. I just don't see it, The best I could see Fields is Geno Smith and like Geno probably late in his career with some team.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:31 pm
Phantom wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:42 am Let be honest, some time a great player can end up going to the wrong team and ruining their career. Bootz logic on Justin Fields….

That's not my logic on Fields at all. I've never said he was great. I never even said he was good. All I've ever said was that the team around him sucks. But because I don't have this personal hatred of Justin Fields like @acmillis or @Snake do, they confuse it with being a supporter.
He looked like a legit prospect, with that insane athleticism. But at this point I think the Bears have ruined him, his confidence is totally gone
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

wesmon wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:24 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:31 pm

He looked like a legit prospect, with that insane athleticism. But at this point I think the Bears have ruined him, his confidence is totally gone
I wasn't very high on Fields. But the Bears saw something. What I don't like is when teams draft QBs and then ruin them by not putting them in the best positions to succeed. More often than not teams get it right and provide their young QB with resources.

The Bills got Stefon Diggs for Josh Allen.

The Ravens have used 3 of their last 5 1st round picks on WRs for Lamar Jackson, multiple 1sts on Oline, and gotten him an experienced OC to build a system around his abilities as a passer and runner.

The Bengals got Tee Higgins & Jamar Chase for Joe Burrow when they already had Tylee Boyd & Joe Mixon.

Justin Herbert went to a team that already had 2 great weapons and they drafted another in the 1st this year in Quentin Johnson.

Miami got Tua and offensive mastermind along with trading for the most dangerous WR in football probably since Randy Moss. They also drafted another WR top 5 in Waddle.

The Eagles drafted Davonte Smith and traded for AJ Brown to help Jalen Hurts.

The Jags spent over $100mil on weapons for Trevor Lawrence to take the next step and signed a QB guru as his new HC.

Meanwhile the best the Bears can say is they traded a 1st for a mediocre WR the Steelers wanted no parts of, as well as traded for a WR who's more of a slot guy than true #1. They have also neglected to spend much on the offensive side of the ball in terms of talent. Their OC is mostly inexperienced even though he "worked" with Aaron Rodgers as his QB coach.

But those saying the Bears have done well to assist Fields are kidding themselves.
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Carlton Davis out tonight along with Kancey.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Fuck