Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 2

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 2

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

It’s just the Bears, but it’s hard not get excited for this team. We haven’t really been tested, but getting these wins in now and finding out who we are is only going to help for our Monday Night battle next week. Is Baker the guy? Can this defense hold up against a high-powered offense? We’ll find out in 7 days, but for now let’s enjoy another fun win.

1.) Mike Evans catch for seventy yards is a microcosm of his contract negotiations. They went a long way but didn’t get things done. It wasn’t until later that he hit his pay day *wink wink*.
2.) Having to go through concussion protocol we weren’t sure if #29 was going to play resulting in many of us asking Izien? Yes he was. Yes he was.
3.) I wasn’t at the game, but I did manage to catch one of Camarda’s punts.
4.) If you were to ask me what was more likely to happen in a game, Vita Vea taking off someone’s head or Joe Tryon-Shoyinka getting two sacks I’d go Vea 9 out of 10 times. But, for them both to happen? Never.
5.) Shaq sealing the game! What do they call that? A pile driver?
6.) And shout out to Baker Mayfield too, hell of a game. His predecessor couldn’t beat the Bears. Thanks Baker for always knowing what down it was.

Dislikes:
1.) Watching Lavonte out there without a C on his jersey is like watching Tom Selleck without a mustache.
2.) Fire Kieth Armstrong.
3.) Is it just me or does it seem like the defense always starts with a shitty drive and then settles into the game?
4.) That killer instinct to put a team away is still missing. As fun as this game was, we’re like the bad guys in movies giving a long speech allowing the hero the devise a plan to escape instead of just shutting up and killing them.

Random:
1.) David Wells receiving stats are starting to shape up like Arrelious Benn’s rushing stats.
2.) Did I like the run on 3rd down for a touchdown or did I only like it because it worked?
3.) Not our game, but what’s up with Mac Jones’s chin strap? It’s like size magnum.

Mike may have been gassed for a lot of the game, but he had plenty of exuberant energy to celebrate Shaq’s interception, and I loved it. Barrett’s been through quite a bit in the last year coming back from injury and losing a child. It’s Week 2 against the Bears and a relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of a player’s football career, but I know it meant quite a bit to Shaq Barrett and his teammates felt it too. I don’t know if it’ll go down in Bucs history as a top play, but Barrett’s pick six was a pretty awesome one.
13F11B

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 2

Post by 13F11B »

That pick six was a truly athletic play. The ball was thrown behind him and he reached back, redirected the ball with one hand, and caught the ball in traffic. Their are receivers in the NFL that can't do that.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

4.) That killer instinct to put a team away is still missing. As fun as this game was, we’re like the bad guys in movies giving a long speech allowing the hero the devise a plan to escape instead of just shutting up and killing them.

So true...... :lol:

I'm going to start the petition to fire Armstrong. Is he someone's Uncle? The only thing saving his job is Camarda's punts.

Penalties killed us. We're not a high powered offense so we cannot afford to go backwards on Offense.

I want Ronde Barber to be an honorary Captain next week, with a sideline sighting of Joe Jurevicius.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buccabeer wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:22 am 4.) That killer instinct to put a team away is still missing. As fun as this game was, we’re like the bad guys in movies giving a long speech allowing the hero the devise a plan to escape instead of just shutting up and killing them.

So true...... :lol:

I'm going to start the petition to fire Armstrong. Is he someone's Uncle? The only thing saving his job is Camarda's punts.

Penalties killed us. We're not a high powered offense so we cannot afford to go backwards on Offense.

I want Ronde Barber to be an honorary Captain next week, with a sideline sighting of Joe Jurevicius.
We shut the Vet down. We opened the Linc on a sour note. I hate the Eagles. Hope we beat them next week, but that team is a powerhouse right now.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Great write up once again.....loved #3!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'd hate to know what going through a lot looks like for Ich.

2 weeks. 2 victory formations.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

3.) Is it just me or does it seem like the defense always starts with a shitty drive and then settles into the game?

This is the case for most games/teams.. they script the first drive/x plays, so the offenses should look a little more 'clean' than the opposing Ds.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Noles1724 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:14 am 3.) Is it just me or does it seem like the defense always starts with a shitty drive and then settles into the game?

This is the case for most games/teams.. they script the first drive/x plays, so the offenses should look a little more 'clean' than the opposing Ds.
Oh, it is not you. Same as last year. The difference this year is they are not folding like a wet tissue in the 4th quarter.
Kress

Post by Kress »

13F11B wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:22 am
Noles1724 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:14 am 3.) Is it just me or does it seem like the defense always starts with a shitty drive and then settles into the game?

Oh, it is not you. Same as last year. The difference this year is they are not folding like a wet tissue in the 4th quarter.

It seems like a wet tissue would be harder to fold than a dry tissue.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kress wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:42 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:22 am

It seems like a wet tissue would be harder to fold than a dry tissue.
I probably added the tissue part... it is a 'saying' that I think is based on Oragami.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet-folding

In general, I meant to imply the 'tearing' part of the equation.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I hate to be THAT guy, but Ol' Tommy did rough up the Bears pretty bad in 2021.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:56 pm I hate to be THAT guy, but Ol' Tommy did rough up the Bears pretty bad in 2021.
Yeah but that's not funny.