G-Mac out for the year

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

G-Mac out for the year

Post by Defense5599 »

Former Bucs DT Gerald McCoy was carted off MNF with a knee injury. Sources are saying the injury will end his season.

Soft as pudding, IMO. Once we let him walk and got Suh to team with Vea, the interior of our D-Line got really nasty.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Rocker

Re: G-Mac out for the year

Post by Rocker »

Gerald needs to hang em up before he can’t walk anymore.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Rocker wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 am Gerald needs to hang em up before he can’t walk anymore.
Seconded.

The dude is 33 with $123 million in career earnings and he can't stay healthy. Assuming he hasn't pissed away all his money, if I were his friend I would drop a hint or two about retirement.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Cheb wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:07 am
Rocker wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:38 am Gerald needs to hang em up before he can’t walk anymore.
Seconded.

The dude is 33 with $123 million in career earnings and he can't stay healthy. Assuming he hasn't pissed away all his money, if I were his friend I would drop a hint or two about retirement.
It’s past time for hints. A friend needs to tell him it’s time to move on to his next chapter.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:33 am
Cheb wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:07 am

Seconded.

It’s past time for hints. A friend needs to tell him it’s time to move on to his next chapter.
I hope the next chapter isn’t a prominent TV role, and if it is I hope he tones his shtick down... a lot.

As much as I loved what he did between the lines, he is incredibly cringey off of it when he’s trying to perform for the camera.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Yea can't stay healthy.

For me, Jason Verett is a tragedy. 8 seasons, he's played 39 games. Tore his ACL week 1.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Deja Entendu wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:44 am
Primeminister wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:33 am

I hope the next chapter isn’t a prominent TV role, and if it is I hope he tones his shtick down... a lot.

As much as I loved what he did between the lines, he is incredibly cringey off of it when he’s trying to perform for the camera.
I don’t think it’s a schtick tbh. That’s just who Gerald is.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's amazing how people hate on other people who don't fit what they think that person "should" be.

Anyways, wish McCoy a good recovery.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:58 am It's amazing how people hate on other people who don't fit what they think that person "should" be.

Is it really surprising though? Jealousy is a strong human trait, along with hatred.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am
Deja Entendu wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:44 am

This right here. I watched G-Mac on hard knocks and he seemed like a soft, happy go lucky guy. There's nothing wrong with that as a human being, but it's not the type of disposition I'd want my defensive linemen to have. If he had a 10th of Suh's nastiness, he could've been All Pro several times.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am

If he had a 10th of Suh's nastiness, he could've been All Pro several times.
Ummmmm he was an All-Pro several times....Hatred can cloud one's judgment rather easily.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Show of hands...

Who here, besides @PetePierson, hates Gerald McCoy?
Don't tread on me
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:33 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 pm

If he had a 10th of Suh's nastiness, he could've been All Pro several times.
Ummmmm he was an All-Pro several times....Hatred can cloud one's judgment rather easily.
Kinda like you with Andrew Luck or Matt Stafford, eh?

Why do you hate them so much? :D
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I don't hate him. He was a very good player for us for years. Was he the platonic ideal of a football player, no, but he played his position very well and was a solid teammate.

Wish him the best moving forward.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am Yea can't stay healthy.

For me, Jason Verett is a tragedy. 8 seasons, he's played 39 games. Tore his ACL week 1.
How is that even possible? Holy crap
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:43 pm Show of hands...

I hate Pete if that counts

:P
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:33 pm

What do either of them have to do with Gerald McCoy or All-Pro teams? You have nothing to refute my statement here so you change the subject? Do better, kiddo. This is beneath even something like you.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:43 pm Show of hands...

Anytime someone provides a critical opinion of someone it could be misconstrued as hating/hatred to someone who support that person being critiqued.

I don't think many fans "hate" Gerald McCoy. But there are alot who wish he played football with a nastier demeanor, which I think is a fair critique of McCoy. But he didn't limit him imo, the guy was still top 3 at his position for a handful of years.

But McCoy is a good dude. Great family guy and always supported and repped the community well.

He just got stuck in the shadow of a first ballot HoF guy Warren Sapp while also being stuck on terrible teams for most of his Bucs career.

I do think McCoy got a bit salty when the new staff came in told him to take a reduced role in Bowles defense. But it's water under the bridge.

McCoy will be in the Bucs RoH before too long. Just will be bittersweet since his pride didn't permit him to stick around for the turnaround this franchise had. It was really great to see Lavonte celebrate last seasons success and in a perfect world McCoy could've been part of that.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:50 pm
Dread wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:40 pm

What do either of them have to do with Gerald McCoy or All-Pro teams? You have nothing to refute my statement here so you change the subject? Do better, kiddo. This is beneath even something like you.
People don't hate Gerald McCoy anymore than you hate Andrew Luck or Matt Stafford.

Make of that what you will.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:45 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:46 am Yea can't stay healthy.

How is that even possible? Holy crap
It's a mystery to me. The Chargers just never let him go. The Niners have had him since 2019. He's ended 2 of 3 seasons on I.R. and has never played more than 14 games in 8 seasons.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:52 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:50 pm

People don't hate Gerald McCoy anymore than you hate Andrew Luck or Matt Stafford.

What's your point here? That's a rather pathetic strawman you built here. Again, we're talking about McCoy and you bring up 2 QBs you decided I hate. Wrong again, kiddo. If you're gonna come at me come better than that. So weak, you didn't bother looking at what @Defense5599 or I said. Get a life.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:55 pm
Dread wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:52 pm

What's your point here? That's a rather pathetic strawman you built here. Again, we're talking about McCoy and you bring up 2 QBs you decided I hate. Wrong again, kiddo. If you're gonna come at me come better than that. So weak, you didn't bother looking at what @Defense5599 or I said. Get a life.
The strawman argument was propped up by your claim that people have "jealousy and hatred" for McCoy.

Which is why I mentioned Luck and Stafford to you given your documented critiques of both of them.

Why is it "hatred" when people critique McCoy, yet not when you critique Andrew Luck?

Understand now? Probably not...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:55 pm

The strawman argument was propped up by your claim that people have "jealousy and hatred" for McCoy.

Which is why I mentioned Luck and Stafford to you given your documented critiques of both of them.

Why is it "hatred" when people critique McCoy, yet not when you critique Andrew Luck?

Understand now? Probably not...
Except I wasn't the 1st to make that argument, kiddo. Doc said basically the same thing. 5599 made some ridiculous claim that if McCoy had a 10th of Suh's nastiness, he would've made several All-Pro teams. He made several All-Pro teams. Your beef is pointed in the wrong direction. Stop being an attention seeking whore. Stafford/Luck have zero to do with this thread. You're so thirsty to make this about you. GET A LIFE!
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

This makes me sad. I know he worked so hard to get back healthy and get one last shot and he gets dealt another terrible hand.

This definitely looks like the end for Gerald and it’s not a great way to go out.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

I have no hate for him or jealousy towards him at all. My thoughts on him as a player for us are pretty similar to Cheb’s.

I also don’t think he “should” be any particular way. I’ve just always found him to be disingenuous and off-putting at times.

If he were to get a guest spot or hosting gig, good for him, but from what I’ve seen of him off the field he’s not someone I care to listen to in large doses unless he were to tone down some of that persona.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 pm [Stop being an attention seeking whore. ... You're so thirsty to make this about you.
Bootz's Bootzing be like:

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:38 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 pm [Stop being an attention seeking whore. ... You're so thirsty to make this about you.
Bootz's Bootzing be like:

@King Bootz watching others mix lies with the truth:
Dread

Post by Dread »

Bootz tagging himself in a post... lmao

Redrum

Post by Redrum »

I feel bad for the guy. This is likely the end for him. I feel like he was going to have a good year for them too.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:59 am
Doctor wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:58 am It's amazing how people hate on other people who don't fit what they think that person "should" be.

Is it really surprising though? Jealousy is a strong human trait, along with hatred.
I agree with what you said but I still wanna know how many kimono's you bought.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

McCoy in the ROH? Hell no.

Mckay should be in before McCoy.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 pm McCoy in the ROH? Hell no.

Imagine saying a guy who made 4 All-Pro teams and 5 Pro Bowls and was great for the community shouldn't be in the Ring of Honor. What does that say about you as an organization?
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

There was a part of him that I liked when I was a season ticket holder. The post game faith and football concerts usually meant an appearance by him. A lot of people didn’t realize, me included, that he was a man of faith. He has a calling. Maybe this is his time to heat the call.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:32 pm This right here. I watched G-Mac on hard knocks and he seemed like a soft, happy go lucky guy. There's nothing wrong with that as a human being, but it's not the type of disposition I'd want my defensive linemen to have. If he had a 10th of Suh's nastiness, he could've been All Pro several times.

No offense but this is top 10 in the belief system of every casual fan.

If he would just knock over podium's, get arrested and beat the crap out of some chicks he could have been a great football player!!

How good or bad you rate his on field play is fine, be encouraged to know that being nice and respectful off the field is a complete and total no factor.

BTW is VV a nasty fellow?

Rhetorical, I already know the answer....

We move on.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:45 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:28 pm McCoy in the ROH? Hell no.

Imagine saying a guy who made 4 All-Pro teams and 5 Pro Bowls and was great for the community shouldn't be in the Ring of Honor. What does that say about you as an organization?
I think he more wore out his welcome. I think the belief that people hated him comes from 2016. We were 8-5 with 3 games left. We lost the next two games by a touchdown. Everyone including the Bucs organization proclaimed to be some elite lineman. On these forums, people were asking BEFORE those games why he disappears whenever we need a win. Guess what? He had all of 2 tackles the next two games. So the narrative was "proven" for a lot of people (not just on buczone). After that he was scrutinized and in 2018 we had "Sorry, Ben." The laughing and playing around on the sidelines during losses. Then in 2019 he joins our conference rival. I don't think it made people hate him. I think it made a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It lingered but after he left the Panthers and got injured in Dallas, I doubt many people actually hates him. I know I don't and I know how pissed off I was when he signed with the Panthers on a one year deal. I think seeing the end of his career, most of us just feels bad for him.