MLB Realignment

BuccaNOLEer

MLB Realignment

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Now that the DH is in both leagues and the rules are the same across the board, I think it would be better if MLB went in a new direction and realigned with teams in the same region in the same division. This will create some new regional rivalries and keep most of the old ones.

Here's my proposed realignment. Tell me what y'all think.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Northeast Division- Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Phillies, Blue Jays

Atlantic Division- Rays, Marlins, Braves, Nationals, Orioles

Great Lakes Division- Pirates, Guardians, Reds, Tigers, Brewers

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Midwest Division- Cubs, White Sox, Twins, Cardinals, Rockies

Southwest Division- Rangers, Astros, Royals, Diamondbacks, A's (when they move to Vegas)

Pacific Division- Mariners, Giants, Dodgers, Angels, Padres
Phantom

Re: MLB Realignment

Post by Phantom »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Ag I post it on wrong thread but I think the Rays won’t leave AL East. The Rays and MLB prefer them to stay in AL East because of lot of Red Sox, Yankees and Orioles fans live here.

They make lot of money from them
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Phantom wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:27 pm Ag I post it on wrong thread but I think the Rays won’t leave AL East. The Rays and MLB prefer them to stay in AL East because of lot of Red Sox, Yankees and Orioles fans live here.

They make lot of money from them
You have a point. But teams would play an unbalanced schedule meaning more teams in their conference and especially in their division
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

I'd just be content to see something like a 148 game season.
Snake

Post by Snake »

These Are The Days wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:56 pm I'd just be content to see something like a 148 game season.
Agreed.
Kress

Post by Kress »

I am just now seeing this thread and original post, and I came to a screeching halt at the first one:
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:06 pm Northeast Division- Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Phillies, Blue Jays

No way in Hell MLB creates a division with Yanks, Mets, Sox, and Phils together. You're guaranteed to bump two of those fanbases, and likely three of them, from the playoffs every single year.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Kress wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:56 pm I am just now seeing this thread and original post, and I came to a screeching halt at the first one:
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:06 pm Northeast Division- Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Phillies, Blue Jays

No way in Hell MLB creates a division with Yanks, Mets, Sox, and Phils together. You're guaranteed to bump two of those fanbases, and likely three of them, from the playoffs every single year.
Which would make the regular season matchups all the more crucial, and with an unbalanced schedule, they would play each other more often. More tickets sold, more concessions sold, more money for the home teams, and more ease of travel for visiting fans.