MiLB Florida State League

BuccaNOLEer

MiLB Florida State League

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

I've been going to a few games since my fiancé loves baseball. It's actually a lot of fun. Smaller stadiums with passionate fans, cheaper tickets (seats behind home plate are under $10 sometimes), and you can try to spot future stars.

May 6, I went to see the Clearwater Threshers (Philadelphia Phillies) take on the Lakeland Flying Tigers (Detroit Tigers). I noticed the Threshers starting pitcher was throwing in the upper 90s on nearly every single pitch, and although his control was a bit off in the first inning, he settled down and fanned seven batters in five innings.

This past Sunday, I went to see the Dunedin Blue Jays (Toronto Blue Jays) take on the Fort Myers Mighty Mussels (Minnesota Twins). Their pitcher threw a complete game with one run on three hits, and they all came in the final inning when he was getting tired. He was throwing in the low 90s all game long. Additionally, the Blue Jays first baseman was a towering young kid from Davenport Iowa, and he went yard in his first two at bats and hit it to the warning track in his third.

July 3, I will be seeing the Tampa Tarpons (New York Yankees) take on the Jupiter Hammerheads (Miami Marlins). And I scored a deal there. In addition to $11 tickets per seat behind home plate, for an additional $20 per person, we can get all you can eat and drink. That's unlimited hot dogs, burgers, chicken sandwiches, popcorn, soda and bottled water.

Anybody seen any of these teams play or gone to those stadiums during spring training?
acmillis

Re: MiLB Florida State League

Post by acmillis »

Mighty mussels used to be the miracle… they lost a lot of public support when they changed names a couple seasons ago. I’ll take the kids to a couple games a year, and as you say, with tickets so cheap (and only a few hundred people there) we can sit anywhere we want.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Just an FYI, George Steinbrenner Field in Tampa is one of the most beautiful minor league ballparks I have ever seen. And the food was amazing. The all you can eat Dugout Club deal turned out to be unlimited sodas, bottled water, select draft beers, gourmet appetizers and desserts, popcorn, and not just any hot dogs but jumbo Sabrett hot dogs with all the fixings. I will be doing the same deal again the Saturday before Labor Day.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Steinbrenner Field is a field of dreams. Might Mussels is on par with Rocket City Trash Pandas as one of the best names ever.