The mdb1958 UDFA tracker

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: The mdb1958 UDFA tracker

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:39 pm Indeed, the good singing was in response to the Tucker post above.

Then some space.

Then seperate topic on Scott.

If you always make all the best posts how can anyone get a word in. L Scott was drafted by some team in the USFL, if he hasnt signed he could still take a offer from us right? At the very least I think he could be useful to run camp but I expect him to show much more.

With priority free agents are teams required to report the dollar amount used to get them to sign? Our scouting team gets things done like a poorly funded Nascar team.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

The other mess we are in is if and when teams cut any of these UDFA's that would be a plus for us it will be after camps are over. That will negate them because of having zero time to have learned our system.

About the only thing we could do is protect a player on the practice squad while they learn. We would probably need to think quite highly of them to sit on them for a whole year.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:06 pm
While he did not attend the NFL Combine, Izien made waves at the East-West Shrine Bowl and Rutgers’ Pro Day. He showed good instincts, which is critical for a box safety. When asked who he modeled his game after, Izien responded, “If I was [to] name two safeties [it would] probably be Budda Baker, and then Antoine Winfield Jr.”.

The knock on Izien is he does come in a bit undersized at 5’8 1/2″ and 197 pounds. However, he blew scouts away at his pro day when many speculated he would run between a 4.6 to 4.7 time. Instead, Izien clocked a 4.41 second 40-yard dash which was the best time of the day. Additionally, he put up 20 reps on the bench and had a vertical jump of 41.5 inches.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sounds like he’s a decent bet to make the team
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Primeminister wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:30 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:36 am Good sign

It’s not a lot of money, but this is a great sign imo. Let’s hope this kid becomes the steal of the off-season. If he can play like he did at Syracuse he has an outside shot at ROY.
I didn't realize a UDFA could get that much in signing bonuses/guaranteed money. They wouldn't be giving him that kind of money if they didn't think he'd make the roster
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

$155k is on the low end of signing bonuses.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:31 pm $155k is on the low end of signing bonuses.
Usually, UDFA's don't get jack shit. I know some get a few thousand. I've heard of a select few getting five figure bonuses.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:37 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:31 pm $155k is on the low end of signing bonuses.
Usually, UDFA's don't get jack shit. I know some get a few thousand. I've heard of a select few getting five figure bonuses.
Where do you come up with some of the b.s. you post in here? You keep getting called out by others for the, seeming, random crap you state as fact and I can see why. Do you ever do any research before you let your fingers shit all over your keyboard?

The following is from DraftKings:

What will the salary be for undrafted free agents after the NFL Draft?
The current Collective Bargaining Agreement requires that contracts for undrafted free agents have a $750,000 base salary in 2023.

Signing bonuses and guaranteed money will drastically shift between players and teams. Franchises only have a certain total amount of money that they can pull from to use for signing bonuses for UDFAs. The number is determined based on the team’s total budgeted allotment for rookies, and last year ranged between $160,000 and $200,000, depending on the team. Teams can give as much or as little of their pool to a single player, but they only have the budgeted allotment.

UDFA contracts are for three years, which is a year less than the four-year deals draft picks sign. There will be some guaranteed money in the signing bonus or base salary, but it is lower than that of draft picks. Just because a player wasn’t drafted doesn’t mean they can’t have an impactful NFL career. La’el Collins, Wes Welker, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Antonio Gates and Adam Vinatieri are considered the most famous UDFAs in NFL history.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Is it a bad thing that some of our UDFA signing have me more excited than some of the draft picks?
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

It means you're turning into mdb
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Obsolete wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:40 pm It means you're turning into mdb
I chuckled.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I may need surgery for that, heh?
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

13F11B wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:07 pm
Definitely need to get it checked out before it gets any worse.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Buc2 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:20 pm
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:37 pm

Where do you come up with some of the b.s. you post in here? You keep getting called out by others for the, seeming, random crap you state as fact and I can see why. Do you ever do any research before you let your fingers shit all over your keyboard?

The current Collective Bargaining Agreement requires that contracts for undrafted free agents have a $750,000 base salary in 2023.

Signing bonuses and guaranteed money will drastically shift between players and teams. Franchises only have a certain total amount of money that they can pull from to use for signing bonuses for UDFAs. The number is determined based on the team’s total budgeted allotment for rookies, and last year ranged between $160,000 and $200,000, depending on the team. Teams can give as much or as little of their pool to a single player, but they only have the budgeted allotment.

UDFA contracts are for three years, which is a year less than the four-year deals draft picks sign. There will be some guaranteed money in the signing bonus or base salary, but it is lower than that of draft picks. Just because a player wasn’t drafted doesn’t mean they can’t have an impactful NFL career. La’el Collins, Wes Welker, Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Antonio Gates and Adam Vinatieri are considered the most famous UDFAs in NFL history.
Look at the drastically part and you'll know for sure. They can't afford to give all those guys guaranteed money when a lot of them are training camp bodies. If you bothered to read excerpts from players past, including guys like Kurt Warner, you would know what the market holds. Kurt Warner got five UDFA offers, but only two came with signing bonuses and each one was $5k
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Obsolete wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:14 pm
13F11B wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:07 pm

Bend over and cough for me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:40 pm
Buc2 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:20 pm

Look at the drastically part and you'll know for sure. They can't afford to give all those guys guaranteed money when a lot of them are training camp bodies. If you bothered to read excerpts from players past, including guys like Kurt Warner, you would know what the market holds. Kurt Warner got five UDFA offers, but only two came with signing bonuses and each one was $5k
Dude. Warner's UDFA signing bonus was from 1994 ffs. :lol:

Again...
Signing bonuses and guaranteed money will drastically shift between players and teams. Franchises only have a certain total amount of money that they can pull from to use for signing bonuses for UDFAs. The number is determined based on the team’s total budgeted allotment for rookies, and last year ranged between $160,000 and $200,000, depending on the team.
Don't tread on me
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Buc2 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:50 pm Dude. Warner's UDFA signing bonus was from 1994 ffs. :lol:

Again...
Signing bonuses and guaranteed money will drastically shift between players and teams. Franchises only have a certain total amount of money that they can pull from to use for signing bonuses for UDFAs. The number is determined based on the team’s total budgeted allotment for rookies, and last year ranged between $160,000 and $200,000, depending on the team.
And what does that part of your post tell me? Some UDFA's may get what Tucker got. Some may get a five figure. But a lot more will get maybe a few thousand or nothing at all. Keep in mind that in addition to the rookie draft class, we're talking an additional 10-20 guys.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Buc2 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:50 pm Dude. Warner's UDFA signing bonus was from 1994 ffs. :lol:

Again...
And what does that part of your post tell me? Some UDFA's may get what Tucker got. Some may get a five figure. But a lot more will get maybe a few thousand or nothing at all. Keep in mind that in addition to the rookie draft class, we're talking an additional 10-20 guys.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Doctor wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:44 pm
Obsolete wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:14 pm

Bend over and cough for me
Hey, my mom told me you aren't supposed to touch that.
Kress

Post by Kress »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:13 pm

Again...

When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. The pain is only felt by others.

The same thing happens when you are stupid.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Kress wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:41 pm
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:13 pm

When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. The pain is only felt by others.

Here you go, bitches

"It is an all-out free-for-all, with both teams and agents angling to complete these deals not only during the draft – technically they aren't allowed to sign such players until after the draft – but, in many cases, actually agreeing to verbal terms before the draft even begins. Signing bonuses can range from $500 to $135,000 (essentially guaranteeing what a season of pay on the practice squad would be) in a manic craze as teams try to secure what they believe is the best undrafted talent."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfls ... fied-mess/
Last edited by BuccaNOLEer on Tue May 02, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:53 pm
Kress wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:41 pm

Here you go, bitches

It is an all-out free-for-all, with both teams and agents angling to complete these deals not only during the draft – technically they aren't allowed to sign such players until after the draft – but, in many cases, actually agreeing to verbal terms before the draft even begins. Signing bonuses can range from $500 to $135,000 (essentially guaranteeing what a season of pay on the practice squad would be) in a manic craze as teams try to secure what they believe is the best undrafted talent.

Less than an hour after the draft - hundreds were being reported as signed. I think we got the running back to sign the paper and not sure who else.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:42 pm
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:53 pm

Here you go, bitches

It is an all-out free-for-all, with both teams and agents angling to complete these deals not only during the draft – technically they aren't allowed to sign such players until after the draft – but, in many cases, actually agreeing to verbal terms before the draft even begins. Signing bonuses can range from $500 to $135,000 (essentially guaranteeing what a season of pay on the practice squad would be) in a manic craze as teams try to secure what they believe is the best undrafted talent.

Less than an hour after the draft - hundreds were being reported as signed. I think we got the running back to sign the paper and not sure who else.
You mean for money? The only ones I heard was these:

The Bucs gave Maryland WR Rakim Jarrett $225,000 guaranteed to sign, including a $25,000 bonus.
Syracuse RB Sean Tucker reportedly received $155,000 in guaranteed money to sign with Tampa Bay.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

kaimaru wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:04 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:42 pm

The Bucs gave Maryland WR Rakim Jarrett $225,000 guaranteed to sign, including a $25,000 bonus.
Syracuse RB Sean Tucker reportedly received $155,000 in guaranteed money to sign with Tampa Bay.

No, I was watching NFL.com and CBS sports actually say the other teams signed their UDFA's while Bootz was showing twitters of who sayers say who we got. This tells me the deals were in place way before the draft ended.
The trade rumors website kinda acts like the verification site - I havnt checked who they have for us lately.

In the end, who knows how players are convinced to go to whatever team.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:28 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:04 pm

No, I was watching NFL.com and CBS sports actually say the other teams signed their UDFA's while Bootz was showing twitters of who sayers say who we got. This tells me the deals were in place way before the draft ended.
The trade rumors website kinda acts like the verification site - I havnt checked who they have for us lately.

There are some morons on this board who are convinced that UDFA's can get six figure signing bonuses on a regular basis. I'm saying that it's rare that that happens. Maybe a handful will, but the majority will get a few thousand as a signing bonus, or nothing at all.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:35 pm

There are some morons on this board who are convinced that UDFA's can get six figure signing bonuses on a regular basis. I'm saying that it's rare that that happens. Maybe a handful will, but the majority will get a few thousand as a signing bonus, or nothing at all.

I wouldnt be surprised if teams say - look out the window at your moving truck and limo.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Car hauler - free rent for a year.

All local donations.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I would of been happy to hear the Glazers are doing the rehab on Noah Gindorff.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I think your name has been around for years - carry on soldier.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

My UDFA signing bonus was $1k coming out of college.

#cashmoney
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:50 am

My UDFA signing bonus was $1k coming out of college.

#cashmoney
Guessing this was before bling bling.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:23 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:20 pm Touches at the RB position. RB is probably the most fickle position of all and the easiest to be overtaken by a UDFA. Whether that be Edmonds, Vaughn, or even White.
Oh okay. You failed to mention that you meant a QB from a school called "Incarnate Word" who's a mini-camp invitee could come in an compete for a spot on the roster at RB immediately.

Lindsey Scott Jr., Incarnate Word: Jets/Buccaneers* (Tom Pelissero)

How is he supposed to go to both mini camps at the same time?

Does he choose Pittsburgh Maulers, Jets, or Bucs? He went #2 overall in the USFL draft.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Hey Licht, we should look at Devin Haskins.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Doctor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:20 pm Touches at the RB position. RB is probably the most fickle position of all and the easiest to be overtaken by a UDFA. Whether that be Edmonds, Vaughn, or even White.
Oh okay. You failed to mention that you meant a QB from a school called "Incarnate Word" who's a mini-camp invitee could come in an compete for a spot on the roster at RB immediately.
That school is a Division II standout and has put out some talented players. Very few will make the NFL because they're Division II meaning they are slower or undersized. But a lot of them make it in the CFL or Arena ball. They took in a good number of players on Last Chance U
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:22 am

That school is a Division II standout and has put out some talented players. Very few will make the NFL because they're Division II meaning they are slower or undersized. But a lot of them make it in the CFL or Arena ball. They took in a good number of players on Last Chance U

Twice in 2022 Scott threw for 7 touchdowns

40 TD's in eight games.

I think that deserves a good look.