Welcome Jose Ramirez

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Welcome Jose Ramirez

Post by Bootz »

Ramirez’s below-average run defense could make it difficult for him to see the field early in his career, but he blends a hot motor and natural rush talent that could entice teams willing to continue his development in both phases. He’s agile with the ability to gather and chase with quickness once he finds an advantage inside the pocket. He can add strength and technique to improve his block take-on, but he'll also need to show more grit. Ramirez has the potential to be drafted later on Day 3; natural pass rushers always have a shot to grow and become productive pros.
Most hated man in America.
Backside

Re: Welcome Jose Ramirez

Post by Backside »

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I had to do a double take that this was the same Jose Ramirez from Eastern Michigan. Watching some videos and feeds leading up to the draft this guy was on a ton of people's "Day 3 favorites" with a few even suggesting he could sneak into the 3rd round. How the hell did he fall this far? Is there a DUI I'm missing? This is a great steal.

This guy can play. Plays with fantastic snap anticipation and has a very quick first step. When tackles try to cheat outside he has the strength and moves to beat them back inside. He was named the MAC Defensive Player of the Year in 2022 for a reason. His floor is a situational pass rusher ala Aldon Smith or Dee Ford, but he absolutely can develop into a 3 down defender.

Honestly, this pick and the Kancey pick will make this draft. Absolute home runs. Third downs just got a whole lot better for this defense.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Strengths

Recorded 31.5 tackles for loss and 18.5 sacks in the last two seasons.
Punches through tight end to separate at the point.
Plays with unyielding pursuit of the football.
Times up snap and charges upfield to rush.
Effective stab-and-swipe rush move to win the edge.
Able to gather his feet and flatten to the quarterback.
Conscientious working to pocket depth and dropping back under.

Weaknesses

Gets outside shoulder covered and loses his contain.
Unable to anchor and prevent being widened out by tackles.
Below-average aggression attacking blockers with force.
Inconsistent to unglue from latched blocks.
Long-arm bully move runs out of steam against size.
Needs to activate hands more quickly to elude punch.
Barnzy

Post by Barnzy »

Elite testing numbers, very technically advanced, 22% pass rush win rate. Elite. For reference, Tryon was about 14-15% coming out from memory. Might've even been lower.

I am too wondering what is the reason for the fall. Lack of hype, deep edge class? Who knows. I think he will be our second best player from this crop. Good pick.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Barnzy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:16 pm Elite testing numbers, very technically advanced, 22% pass rush win rate. Elite. For reference, Tryon was about 14-15% coming out from memory. Might've even been lower.

I am too wondering what is the reason for the fall. Lack of hype, deep edge class? Who knows. I think he will be our second best player from this crop. Good pick.
Poor run defender. Invisible against the better competition he played. Lack of size. Kind of a theme for this draft.