An exercise in love: Bucs sign lamar?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Should the Buccaneers make a strong push to sign Lamar Jackson?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:12 pm

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 27

Deja Entendu

Re: An exercise in love: Bucs sign lamar?

Post by Deja Entendu »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:42 pm
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:19 pm

If Lamar is smart, he'd take it. DeShaun Watson got $260 mil guaranteed, and he's miles better than Lamar will ever be.
Based on.........
Prior to Watson’s scandal I would not have thought twice about taking him over Lamar. He’s simply a more complete QB and has shown as much. That’s not a knock on Lamar as much it’s a compliment to what Watson was.

Who knows if he ever regains that form though.

I am admittedly biased though and before the scandal Watson was my #2 most desired QB pipe dream. Right behind Brady. Crazy that both eventually ended up available.

Shame Watson turned out to be scum (allegedly), because having him be the heir to Brady here would have been incredible.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Deja Entendu wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:15 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:42 pm

Based on.........
Prior to Watson’s scandal I would not have thought twice about taking him over Lamar. He’s simply a more complete QB and has shown as much. That’s not a knock on Lamar as much it’s a compliment to what Watson was.

I am admittedly biased though and before the scandal Watson was my #2 most desired QB pipe dream. Right behind Brady. Crazy that both eventually ended up available.

Shame Watson turned out to be scum (allegedly), because having him be the heir to Brady here would have been incredible.
It's honestly amazing the degree to which people have forgotten how good Watson is. Which is his own fault, of course. But talent wise, he'd be very much in the battle for 2nd best QB in the league if not for...other things.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

MJW wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:51 pm
Deja Entendu wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:15 am

It's honestly amazing the degree to which people have forgotten how good Watson is. Which is his own fault, of course. But talent wise, he'd be very much in the battle for 2nd best QB in the league if not for...other things.
Absolutely.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

_MB_ wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:52 pm
CantonJester wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:57 pm

Probably at least ten teams (no I don't care to list them) if you swap mid-round picks for a year or two.

Mayfield's absolutely moveable.
Pipe dream.
No, it really isn't. We're talking about ten teams that would view him as a legit QB2 for a team that can make a solid postseason run. Teams built to win now, but are one QB1 injury from it all going up in smoke.
MJW

Post by MJW »

It would be very easy to move Mayfield. He's making backup money, and not even great backup money. No future commitment either.

He's very much an asset that can be dealt.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

MJW wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:35 am It would be very easy to move Mayfield. He's making backup money, and not even great backup money. No future commitment either.

He's very much an asset that can be dealt.
This is what I’m saying…. Thank you MJW
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Well that didn't take long at all

Most hated man in America.