Is Patrick Mahomes a HOFer Already?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Deja Entendu

Re: Is Patrick Mahomes a HOFer Already?

Post by Deja Entendu »

If Mahomes walked away today, he’d be first ballot. There may be an argument against it by some, but the voters would almost certainly put him in immediately.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:45 pm If Mahomes walked away today, he’d be first ballot. There may be an argument against it by some, but the voters would almost certainly put him in immediately.
yup no doubt!
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:39 am
Four Verticals wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:44 pm

Best to quit while your behind. Kurt Warner had an extended career however had about the same number of seasons near the quality of Mahomes has had each of the years he's been a starter in the league. Mahomes has done it without the downside. Warner is in the HOF. Mahomes is in the HOF now and was prior to this season.

That's not the only reason any thinking football fan would have this opinion but it is an example.

Whatever bullshit you're coming up with to justify an oposing opinion just because....well....just because I guess...is just that...bullshit.
I'm not sure if you did not read the start of this or just not comprehending. http://itsabucslife.com/viewtopic.php?p=122629#p122629

I clearly stated Warner is going to be the last to get with a resume like that. You're going to have to turn in a career that registers in the triple digits on the HOFm to get in now thanks to the players listed in the link. The bar has been raised an incredible amount since 2017.

Let me put this a different way, if you could only choose 4 players out of the following list to get inducted who would be the odd man out? It should be a simple decision.

P Manning
T Brady
D Brees
A Rodgers
P Mahomes

Now...

If Mahomes plays another 5 seasons at a high level who is out now? It becomes a more difficult decision huh?
Again you post pure bullshit.

The debate isn't whether Mahomes' career is equal to or better than any of those guys. It is whether Mahomes would get into the HOF. He would get into the HOF right now if he never set foot on the football field again as unlikely as that is to happen.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Four Verticals wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:20 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:39 am

I'm not sure if you did not read the start of this or just not comprehending. http://itsabucslife.com/viewtopic.php?p=122629#p122629

I clearly stated Warner is going to be the last to get with a resume like that. You're going to have to turn in a career that registers in the triple digits on the HOFm to get in now thanks to the players listed in the link. The bar has been raised an incredible amount since 2017.

Let me put this a different way, if you could only choose 4 players out of the following list to get inducted who would be the odd man out? It should be a simple decision.

P Manning
T Brady
D Brees
A Rodgers
P Mahomes

Now...

If Mahomes plays another 5 seasons at a high level who is out now? It becomes a more difficult decision huh?

The debate isn't whether Mahomes' career is equal to or better than any of those guys. It is whether Mahomes would get into the HOF. He would get into the HOF right now if he never set foot on the football field again as unlikely as that is to happen.
LOL, what sort of nonsense is this? You are flailing now.

The Hall of Fame is literally all about turning in a career that was better than your peers. That is why they wait until you retire. The list above is his peers.

Make a choice like the dipshit above, that way we can get it on the record that you are also a moron.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:54 am

So... just so I'm clear.

You are saying Mahomes over Rodgers or Brees?

Rodgers: 4 * MVP, 4 * All Pro, 10 * Pro Bowl, 4 * passing rating leader, lifetime 103.6 Passer rating, 60,000 yards, lifetime 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio.
Mahomes: 2 *MVP, 2 * All Pro, 5 * Pro Bowl, Lifetime 105.7 Passer Rating, 24,000 Yards, lifetime 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio.

are you retarded?
Yes. That's what I'm saying.

My order from your list:
1 - T Brady
2 - P Manning
3 - P Mahomes
4a - A Rodgers
4b - D Brees

Oh, and yes, I may be retarded. But it's debatable.
ROLF, ya you are trying too hard.

You are choosing Mahomes over Rodgers, Rodgers has a resume that is twice as good in almost every statistical way. IOTW level stuff here.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

It's not the hall of statistics
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:12 pm It's not the hall of statistics
It is also not the Hall of Really Good for a few years.

But I'll bite... Rodgers or Mahomes?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Here’s some stats:

Rodgers is 11-10 in the playoffs
Mahomes is 11-3 in the playoffs

Rodgers is 1-4 in championship games
Mahomes is 3-2 in championship games

Rodgers has 49 total TDs in 21 career playoff games
Mahomes has 40 total TDs in 14 career playoff games

Rodgers has 1 Super Bowl MVP Awards
Mahomes has 2 Super Bowl MVP Awards
Most hated man in America.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:04 pm
Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm

Yes. That's what I'm saying.

My order from your list:
1 - T Brady
2 - P Manning
3 - P Mahomes
4a - A Rodgers
4b - D Brees

Oh, and yes, I may be retarded. But it's debatable.

You are choosing Mahomes over Rodgers, Rodgers has a resume that is twice as good in almost every statistical way. IOTW level stuff here.
Fine...
3a - Mahomes
3b - Rodgers
4 - Brees

Feel better?
Don't tread on me
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:00 pm
Four Verticals wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:20 pm

The Hall of Fame is literally all about turning in a career that was better than your peers. That is why they wait until you retire. The list above is his peers.

Make a choice like the dipshit above, that way we can get it on the record that you are also a moron.
The thread title is "Is Patrick Mahomes a HOFer already?" it is not "Where does Patrick Mahomes stack up against....." This is what you've decided to change your focus to because you got beaten about the head on your answer to your thread title. The HOF has various levels of greatness within its walls.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Four Verticals wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:55 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:00 pm

The thread title is "Is Patrick Mahomes a HOFer already?" it is not "Where does Patrick Mahomes stack up against....." This is what you've decided to change your focus to because you got beaten about the head on your answer to your thread title. The HOF has various levels of greatness within its walls.
He's changed his argument so many times. It started with Mahomes doesn't have enough pass yards to this ridiculous formula of random numbers and scores to he doesn't stack up against Aaron Rodgers or Drew Bress to He's only been great for a year or 2.

He doesn't have anything to grasp on to.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:49 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:04 pm

Fine...
3a - Mahomes
3b - Rodgers
4 - Brees

Feel better?
:lol: :lol: I should not be laughing this hard at this!
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Digital_Damage wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:21 pm
_MB_ wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:12 pm It's not the hall of statistics
It is also not the Hall of Really Good for a few years.

But I'll bite... Rodgers or Mahomes?
They're both first ballot guys in my opinion
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yeah, but Rodgers just always smells of loser. He simply lacks that real winner's moxy that drips off Mahomes. He's everything people said Peyton was.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

This is really a stupid argument. There is no way to "prove" whether or not Mahomes is already predestined to the HOF. He's not going to quit tomorrow.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Moozician wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:19 am This is really a stupid argument. There is no way to "prove" whether or not Mahomes is already predestined to the HOF. He's not going to quit tomorrow.
Anytime one side of an argument becomes, "Prove it!" then the argument is over and everyone should just move on.

Nothing beyond accessible hard data can be "proven" in this arena. I can prove that Donovan Smith had the most holding penalties in the NFL last year (he did) by linking to a source. I CANNOT prove that Donovan Smith played like shit. That's normative, not empirical.

By the same token, no hypothetical or future event can ever be proven is someone is going to demand that's the standard. I can't prove a specific egg will break if I toss it off the building in a minute, even if every other seemingly identical egg has. I can only cite available data.

To sum up: if you're demanding "proof" of something that you know can't be proven, but you can't actually make a counter-argument against what is being said, you're just wasting everyone's time.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."