Super Bowl LVII game thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
uscbucsfan1

Re: Super Bowl LVII game thread

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:22 pm The Chiefs are about as real a champion as whoever the fuck holds the WWE heavyweight belt right now.

We just watched any sense that the NFL is a sport die on the biggest stage.
LOL!

I knew you'd love a Mahomes victory.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:21 pm
Navybuc wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:19 pm Chiefs came through in the clutch. Eagles blew their chance up 24-21 and scored just 3 points on two possessions. You can’t give Mahomes extra chances. That and the Chiefs run game made some big plays when it mattered.

Eagles D didn’t play well in second half. Gave up 3 tds, a fg and forced 0 punts. Actually really 4 tds. The Chiefs O dominated them in the second half.
We saw, Navy. So there should have been no reason for the refs to stick their noses in it at the end.
Nope I agree
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:19 pm Chiefs came through in the clutch. Eagles blew their chance up 24-21 and scored just 3 points on two possessions. You can’t give Mahomes extra chances. That and the Chiefs run game made some big plays when it mattered.

Eagles D didn’t play well in second half. Gave up 3 tds, a fg and forced 0 punts. Actually really 4 tds. The Chiefs O dominated them in the second half.
We saw, Navy. So there should have been no reason for the refs to stick their noses in it at the end.
Nope I agree
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Nope I agree
Snake

Post by Snake »

I agree!
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

That end sequence was the equivalent to season 8 game of thrones ruining the whole series
Snake

Post by Snake »

Lol…

Snake

Post by Snake »

There were many times during the patriots dynasty where I thought the patriots were on the happy end of some really questionable calls, in clutch situations.

I don’t believe in the league being rigged. But it would behoove them to have Patrick Mahomes be the next Tom Brady.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Snake wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:33 pm There were many times during the patriots dynasty where I thought the patriots were on the happy end of some really questionable calls, in clutch situations.

I don’t believe in the league being rigged. But it would behoove them to have Patrick Mahomes be the next Tom Brady.
People said the same about Tom during our SB run.

It's ridiculous to believe it's rigged. There are too many plays to contribute to that. People point to 1 bad call that didn't decide the game because they are looking for something to blame.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

The league would like nothing more than to replace Brady with Mahomes as the face of the NFL and the unquestioned GOAT

For many many reasons...
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:37 pm The league would like nothing more than to replace Brady with Mahomes as the face of the NFL and the unquestioned GOAT

For many many reasons...
He's by far the beat QB in the NFL. He's already a HoF if he retired at 27.

That's why he's covered the way he is. It's why Brady and Manning rose to the spotlight. It's not all some sort of conspiracy.

KC isn't the market that Dallas or many other teams are.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

You don't need to influence the entire game to rig the outcome. We literally just watched that unfold.

That was a business decision penalty. Plain and simple.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

These Are The Days wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:22 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:22 pm The Chiefs are about as real a champion as whoever the fuck holds the WWE heavyweight belt right now.

We just watched any sense that the NFL is a sport die on the biggest stage.
I mean.... The WWE champion DOES go by the nickname Tribal Chief
Acknowledge me.
Snake

Post by Snake »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 pm You don't need to influence the entire game to rig the outcome. We literally just watched that unfold.

Refs were on *decent* behavior throughout the game. In retrospect. Got a bad call reversed. Bullied into some presnap stuff by both teams. But usual fare.

If they WERE pursuing a rigging, they chose the most obvious highest leverage moment of the game to do so. Lol. Not exactly being covert about it.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

_MB_ wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 pm
These Are The Days wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:22 pm

I mean.... The WWE champion DOES go by the nickname Tribal Chief
Acknowledge me.
Only if I get to be an Honorary Ucey. A true Chief has the authority to grant it
Last edited by These Are The Days on Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I don’t like the Eagles but that was bad call.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'll say this, the refs don't make that call absolutely no one is bringing it up.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:47 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:41 pm You don't need to influence the entire game to rig the outcome. We literally just watched that unfold.

Refs were on *decent* behavior throughout the game. In retrospect. Got a bad call reversed. Bullied into some presnap stuff by both teams. But usual fare.

If they WERE pursuing a rigging, they chose the most obvious highest leverage moment of the game to do so. Lol. Not exactly being covert about it.
Why do they need to bother hiding it? It just happened and people are still choosing to ignore it
Snake

Post by Snake »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:52 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:47 pm

Why do they need to bother hiding it? It just happened and people are still choosing to ignore it
Touché
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Is there anyone saying it was a good call? It was bad, but it didn't decide the game. The Chiefs would have most likely made the FG from there and at worst it would have been tied with a min and a half.

There were so many opportunities for the refs to actually push the Chiefs by over turning the 2 Eagles 3rd and long catches which the announcers set up to be turned over.

Saying it was rigged or influenced ignores the other 60 min. It sucks it was a bad call, but saying the refs/NFL handed it to the Chiefs ignores the Chiefs dominance/Eagles implosion in the 2nd half.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Remind me to never host another SB party ever.

That was an amazing game! I thought Philly would win because overall they had the better team. But Patrick Mahomes continues to show why he’s the best. That was a very fitting way to end the football season.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The people aren’t happy.

uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Snake wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:04 pm The people aren’t happy.

A majority of betting was on the "script" score, most people are idiots.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

I think the NFL needs to move the game to the Sunday before Presidents Day. That way we can party all night after the game if our team wins, or drown our sorrows if our team loses.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I don’t get the outrage at the refs calling a penalty when a penalty clearly occurred.

Also if the refs were in favor of the Chiefs, wouldn’t they have let the Sanders catch & fumble stand as a defensive TD AND wouldn’t they have overturned the Chiefs challenge of the incredible catch by Goddert?
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:08 pm I don’t get the outrage at the refs calling a penalty when a penalty clearly occurred.

Also if the refs were in favor of the Chiefs, wouldn’t they have let the Sanders catch & fumble stand as a defensive TD AND wouldn’t they have overturned the Chiefs challenge of the incredible catch by Goddert?
That's far too logical for those who wanted the outcome to be different.

I will repeat what Nobody said in that was a masterclass in offensive play calling/scheming on both sides.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:08 pm I don’t get the outrage at the refs calling a penalty when a penalty clearly occurred.

Well, Olsen challenged it, and I have a lot of respect for Olsen. I think he’s a great announcer. It’s one of those debates of whether you let a play like that go given the moment in the game or do you call it like every other play? I know in the NHL, when it’s the playoffs and it’s overtime, referees let these guys beat each other up before they call something. So it’s tough. I thought it was kinda weak, but still a penalty…just a question of whether you call it in that moment.

Just hate seeing a game decided like that. Right call…but I think some refs let it go.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:10 pm

That's far too logical for those who wanted the outcome to be different.

I will repeat what Nobody said in that was a masterclass in offensive play calling/scheming on both sides.
This. That was an incredible matchup of the 2 best teams in football. So much else you can talk about and people wanna focus on the penalty that clearly was a penalty? Whatever.

The Eagles played well enough to win and against any other team they probably do. But Mahomes is just that dude. 2 rings now in 4 years. He’s on track to being in that GOAT discussion.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This puts this discussion to an end. Anyone wants to argue with the player himself and prove to us how big of an idiot they are? The floor is yours.

Snake

Post by Snake »

He took the high road.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Except Bradberry said he did hold.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:57 pm He took the high road.
That’s 1. Do I hear 2?
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:08 am
Snake wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:57 pm He took the high road.
That’s 1. Do I hear 2?
Dozens of holds occur every game. No one will dispute that.

But not every one is called. The question is severity, typically.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:11 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:08 am

That’s 1. Do I hear 2?

But not every one is called.
This.

It COULD have been called.

Did it need to be called? Like the uncalled PI on the Rams NEEDED to be called a few years ago? Absolutely not.

That's not to say blah blah blah conspiracy. But there is such a thing as a ref making a technically correct call that's also a bad call.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:16 am
Snake wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:11 am

But not every one is called.
This.

It COULD have been called.

Did it need to be called? Like the uncalled PI on the Rams NEEDED to be called a few years ago? Absolutely not.

That's not to say blah blah blah conspiracy. But there is such a thing as a ref making a technically correct call that's also a bad call.
That’s 2. Anyone wanna make it 3?