Bring back Jameis!

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Puss in Boots

Bring back Jameis!

Post by Puss in Boots »

There's no way the saints don't cut him before the next round if guarantees, right? We need to scoop him back up before Payton brings him to Denver to get Russ' ass back in gear.
Snake

Re: Bring back Jameis!

Post by Snake »

#Ballin’
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

#justneedsmoretime
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Think we could fire Bowles and poach Raheem from the Rams for some W-eating, youngry combo action?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

If he just had a decent defense, he’d be good….
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Come on man, it's not April 1st yet!
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Oh, fuck.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

I think we should.. WE might actually see Bowles snap and show emotion at the constant boneheaded turnovers.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Well, it would free up my Sundays in the fall.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

No
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

I see we're being symmetrical here talking out our mouth on the bottom half.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Puss in Boots wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:19 pm
Beyond a doubt would be the most Yucks thing ever.
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:45 pm
Puss in Boots wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:19 pm
Beyond a doubt would be the most Yucks thing ever.
Hear me out ...

Throwback day brings back the alarm clocks instead of the creamsicles.
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

Seriously, IF we get Tod Monken to be the OC...............................would this really be that bad of an idea?

Let Winston, Trask and who ever compete for the starting position.

I know MANY here do not like Winston but I still honestly feel like he has the ability to be a very solid to good qb. Hey, if Gino can turn it around; then Jameis can also.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bahamian:bucfan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:24 pm Seriously, IF we get Tod Monken to be the OC...............................would this really be that bad of an idea?

I know MANY here do not like Winston but I still honestly feel like he has the ability to be a very solid to good qb. Hey, if Gino can turn it around; then Jameis can also.
What you smoking on over there?
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

acmillis wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:57 am
Bahamian:bucfan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:24 pm Seriously, IF we get Tod Monken to be the OC...............................would this really be that bad of an idea?

What you smoking on over there?
Some good shit apparently. I'm jealous, I want some too. In all honesty, Geno's problem wasn't that he loved throwing to the other team more than any other QB in the league. If Winston becomes a starter again then Dak Prescott doesn't have to worry about being the top turnover machine anymore.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Hey…I’m all for securing the #1 pick in 2024 and getting Drake Maye. Bring in Crab Legs and we are pretty much guaranteed to get there. So yeah, I’m on board.
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

I have very little faith in Gabbert or Trask. I think Jameis is better than both of them. He’s certainly more exciting. Makes for better TV.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Big Irv wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:16 am I have very little faith in Gabbert or Trask. I think Jameis is better than both of them. He’s certainly more exciting. Makes for better TV.
Well yeah, I can imagine what I'm seeing on tv. Look it just said heck no trade.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:45 am Hey…I’m all for securing the #1 pick in 2024 and getting Drake Maye. Bring in Crab Legs and we are pretty much guaranteed to get there. So yeah, I’m on board.
Drake Maye?! haha Can I have some of what you have been smoking? Must be goood shit. Caleb William is the answer you’re looking for, sir
Last edited by Phantom on Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

I would like to get Heinicke in the free agency. He is a quick decision maker with some ability to scramble and is very scrappy. He is a younger version of Fitzpatrick imo. Good stop gap to make our team feel like we are competing for something as opposed to tanking.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Jonny wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:54 am I would like to get Heinicke in the free agency. He is a quick decision maker with some ability to scramble and is very scrappy. He is a younger version of Fitzpatrick imo. Good stop gap to make our team feel like we are competing for something as opposed to tanking.
You were doing good till you got to Fitz.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Jonny wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:54 am I would like to get Heinicke in the free agency. He is a quick decision maker with some ability to scramble and is very scrappy. He is a younger version of Fitzpatrick imo. Good stop gap to make our team feel like we are competing for something as opposed to tanking.
What advantage would bringing in a middling starter like Heinicke bring us over starting Trask? Is he the long-term answer to our quarterbacking needs? Probably not. As such, I could see much better uses for our free agent dollars, of which we still have none.

Indeed, how much would signing Heinicke cost? Per overthecap, about $8 million but I'd imagine he will go for more. Is his upside worth losing a good free agent of our own like Dean or LVD? I would say no.
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

Winston would beat out Trask if he were brought in after being released. I have no doubt Big Irv is right about that.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Phantom wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:54 am
Navybuc wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:45 am Hey…I’m all for securing the #1 pick in 2024 and getting Drake Maye. Bring in Crab Legs and we are pretty much guaranteed to get there. So yeah, I’m on board.
Drake Maye?! haha Can I have some of what you have been smoking? Must be goood shit. Caleb William is the answer you’re looking for, sir
Or him. I like Caleb and would be 100% on board with that.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Brazen331 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:53 pm Winston would beat out Trask if he were brought in after being released. I have no doubt Big Irv is right about that.
Tim Tebow would probably beat out Trask.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Cheb wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:07 pm
What advantage would bringing in a middling starter like Heinicke bring us over starting Trask? Is he the long-term answer to our quarterbacking needs? Probably not. As such, I could see much better uses for our free agent dollars, of which we still have none.

Indeed, how much would signing Heinicke cost? Per overthecap, about $8 million but I'd imagine he will go for more. Is his upside worth losing a good free agent of our own like Dean or LVD? I would say no.
I've been a big advocate for Trask, even a bit sore that Brady robbed us of a Arians/Trask 2022... but even I'm not for handing him anything. Nor has he proven anything. Maybe all my belief in Trask is horribly misplaced. Maybe it becomes apparent to the new OC right away. Maybe Trask couldn't beat out Heinicke in an open competition.

Either way, in no way shape or form should we put all our eggs of the most important position on our football team in the basket of a guy with 9 pro passes and have no alternatives. Injuries?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:57 pm
Cheb wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:07 pm

I've been a big advocate for Trask, even a bit sore that Brady robbed us of a Arians/Trask 2022... but even I'm not for handing him anything. Nor has he proven anything. Maybe all my belief in Trask is horribly misplaced. Maybe it becomes apparent to the new OC right away. Maybe Trask couldn't beat out Heinicke in an open competition.

Either way, in no way shape or form should we put all our eggs of the most important position on our football team in the basket of a guy with 9 pro passes and have no alternatives. Injuries?
I don't see anyone advocating that he get the job uncontested.

What I am saying is that spending $10 million+ for competition for him isn't a smart use of resources, especially since the money that would go to said competition would mean that we can't resign our own dudes who can play.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If Heineken is too expensive then are you really talking about being in competition? Who? 6th round Georgia QB?
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

The QB position is wide open for us. I’d like to see us do something like Atlanta did last year.

Maybe draft a QB if the right guy is available in the mid-late rounds. (Preferably not a round 1 reach) Consider signing one of the cheap FA QBs available. Winston is a possibility if he comes cheap enough, or even return Blaine Gabbert. Let all parties compete for the job, including Trask.

Take as much of the cap bill which was due from the the past few years as possible and leave all options open to us next season. This year is going to be a wash for us with our cap situation and next year we will have the option of going all in for some QB.

Many of us, myself included, would like to see a tank year for this team. Take the cap hit, secure a top draft pick and see what some of our young guys can do. Unfortunately, Todd Bowles may not see it that way. He sees his ice as being very thin and he could be gone if next year doesn’t go well. You have to think he will do whatever gives us the best chance of winning games, including kicking the cap can down the road with restructuring if he can and signing the best mediocre QB available.
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

Which one of you is taking my great idea and posting it on r/buccaneers?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

We need an OC and identity before we start kicking around realistic QB ideas.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Id rather roll with Trask and tank for Caleb Williams
MJW

Post by MJW »

Central_Buc wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:33 pm Id rather roll with Trask and tank for Caleb Williams
I'd rather roll a blunt peppered with rat poison than roll with Jameis.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."