Who is the second best QB in the NFL currently?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who is second best?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:12 pm

Burrow
86%
Allen
5%
Rodgers
No votes
Hurts
No votes
Brady
No votes
L. Jackson
No votes
Other
10%

Total votes: 21

Snake

Who is the second best QB in the NFL currently?

Post by Snake »

Choose wisely.
King Bootz

Re: Who is the second best QB in the NFL currently?

Post by King Bootz »

Burrow
Last edited by King Bootz on Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bout to find out.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:21 pm Bout to find out.
Well phrased
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Josh Johnson sends his regards.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Can I change my answer from Burrow to other? The 2nd best QB in the league is Patrick Mahomes with a high ankle sprain.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I've never seen a team as productive offensively as the Bengals with such incredibly shitty OL play. If they don't manage to give the Burrow-Chase-Higgins era at least a C- line at some point, all football fans are worse off. What that group is able to produce with Burrow struggling to get even a 3 step drop is science fiction. Patrick Price looked like a dancing clown when we put that kind of pressure on him in the Superbowl. Burrow is still making plays.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I would have chosen Mahomes but that was not an option.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:23 am I would have chosen Mahomes but that was not an option.
That's why I chose "other".
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:21 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:23 am I would have chosen Mahomes but that was not an option.
@Nobody said it last night near the end of the game. #2 is closer to #5 than they are to #1, which is Mahomes.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:21 am
Ooops. I should have done that.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Burrow and I don’t think it’s close. Allen went from second to a distant third.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:37 am Burrow and I don’t think it’s close. Allen went from second to a distant third.
1. Mahomes

2. (in no particular order) Allen/Hurts/Burrow/Jackson/Herbert/Tua/ Rodgers/Brady

Take your pick on #2. It changes depending on who's playing better than the others.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:04 am
Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:37 am Burrow and I don’t think it’s close. Allen went from second to a distant third.
1. Mahomes

2. (in no particular order) Allen/Hurts/Burrow/Jackson/Herbert/Tua/ Rodgers/Brady

Take your pick on #2. It changes depending on who's playing better than the others.
Not sure on Hurts. Listened to a lot of analysts who said he didn’t play the best game yesterday. I think he’s very good…top 10…but not yet in the same class as Burrow/Allen/Herbert. But he’s getting there and could be there by next season if he keeps progressing. But I’d take Joe Burrow over him. Maybe even Trevor Lawrence the way he’s progressing in Jax with not as good of WRs as Philly has.

Again…don’t get me wrong…I think Hurts is doing a great job in Philly.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:15 am

1. Mahomes

Not sure on Hurts. Listened to a lot of analysts who said he didn’t play the best game yesterday. I think he’s very good…top 10…but not yet in the same class as Burrow/Allen/Herbert. But he’s getting there and could be there by next season if he keeps progressing. But I’d take Joe Burrow over him. Maybe even Trevor Lawrence the way he’s progressing in Jax with not as good of WRs as Philly has.

So much hypocrisy and contradictory arguments here.

You say Hurts can't be #2 because he didn't play well YESTERDAY. Well how well did Burrow play YESTERDAY? Not as well as Hurts. How well did Allen play YESTERDAY? Herbert? I'm not even sure why he's in any class to begin with. All he's done is regress from 2020 to 2022. But how well did he play YESTERDAY? Or last week even?

It's peculiar to me that out of all the QBs listed there you picked the one actually going to the SB this year on a team that's 16-1 when he starts a game this season and was the favorite to win MVP before he got hurt.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Burrow, Hurbert or Allen

That said, the old adage defense wins championships is still going strong.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

1. Mahomes

Would need to see three productive seasons out of Hurts to put him up there.
Jackson is a clown... Mahomes is the anti-Jackson.
Tua may never see the field again... I said his eggs were scrambled. That seems to be the case.
Brady seems to be in a tailspin.
Rodgers seems to be milking the paychecks.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Yeah, my rankings for the top three would be: 1) Burrow 2) Mahomes 3) Herbert
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

3 Clown circus
Backside

Post by Backside »

Burrow easily.

I'm already sick of the Chiefs, but Mahomes is so easily #1.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Reminds me of the days people tried their damnest to put Peyton over Brady. YOU CANT. Burrow hasn't made an All-Pro Team, no MVPs, 1 SB. What metric is being used to put him anywhere NEAR Mahomes?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Nah, for that first third you could fight for Manning over Brady. Manning broke Marinos unbreakable record. But then Brady just kept winning and ran away with it.
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

“Manning v Brady” used to be “Stats v Wins”, before Brady claimed both

“Mahomes v Anyone” else is “Stats and Wins v Not Good Enough”

Mahomes is the best in the NFL and it isn’t close. He’s also drama free and has the right attitude and composure to represent The NFL. He’s Goodell’s Prince Charming.

That said, I think Burrow is easily #2. His injured Oline made a big difference last night against The Chiefs. He’s way outplayed Allen and in my opinion, that debate is pretty well settled, although they’re both young, so that could change.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I think anytime you have to make an excuse for a guy to prop him up, it means he doesn't deserve the spot in the 1st placd.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Eh. Usually that applies to everyone in one way or another given the ultimate measuring bar is a team accomplishment.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:30 am

So much hypocrisy and contradictory arguments here.

You say Hurts can't be #2 because he didn't play well YESTERDAY. Well how well did Burrow play YESTERDAY? Not as well as Hurts. How well did Allen play YESTERDAY? Herbert? I'm not even sure why he's in any class to begin with. All he's done is regress from 2020 to 2022. But how well did he play YESTERDAY? Or last week even?

It's peculiar to me that out of all the QBs listed there you picked the one actually going to the SB this year on a team that's 16-1 when he starts a game this season and was the favorite to win MVP before he got hurt.
Woah…where did I say he’s not #2 because of how he played yesterday? I simply brought it up because people (like yourself) want to label him #2 just because he won an NFC Champ yet never brought it up before. Strange.

Hurts needs to show something for more than one season. Burrow and Allen have been putting up solid numbers 2-3 years now and taking their teams deep into the playoffs consistently. Let me see Hurts do that. He does what he does again next year, then he is proving something.

Again, he’s a solid qb, but he’s not in that top tier yet. It’s Mahomes…then tier 2 w/ Burrow and Allen…then the next tier of guys which includes TL, Herbert and yes, Hurts.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Digital_Damage wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:44 am

Would need to see three productive seasons out of Hurts to put him up there.
Exactly my point. One season and people want to put him up there with Burrow and Allen. Not so fast. I like Hurts…but we need to be realistic and not jump to conclusions based on one season.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Burrow & Hurts have the same number of seasons. Same number of Pro Bowl selections. Same number of playoff appearances. Same number of SB appearances. Burrow has done enough yet Hurts needs to do more.

LOVE the hypocrisy.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

And I'm not even putting Hurts above Allen. But to suggest they aren't in the same tier is ridiculous. ESPECIALLY when Justin Herbert is listed in there.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:53 pm Burrow & Hurts have the same number of seasons. Same number of Pro Bowl selections. Same number of playoff appearances. Same number of SB appearances. Burrow has done enough yet Hurts needs to do more.

LOVE the hypocrisy.
Dude…look at this poll alone. Burrow has 12 votes, Hurts has zero. And any football expert would laugh at your suggestion Hurts is better than Burrow right now. Steve Young and Troy Aikman discussed it a few weeks ago as to who is 2nd best and Hurts wasn’t even brought up, so take this hypocrisy bullshit and shove it up your ass.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:13 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:53 pm Burrow & Hurts have the same number of seasons. Same number of Pro Bowl selections. Same number of playoff appearances. Same number of SB appearances. Burrow has done enough yet Hurts needs to do more.

LOVE the hypocrisy.
Dude…look at this poll alone. Burrow has 12 votes, Hurts has zero. And any football expert would laugh at your suggestion Hurts is better than Burrow right now. Steve Young and Troy Aikman discussed it a few weeks ago as to who is 2nd best and Hurts wasn’t even brought up, so take this hypocrisy bullshit and shove it up your ass.
Yea, all the football experts are here :roll:.

But again, reading is fundamental. I'll say again, I'm not putting Hurts over Burrow. But to suggest they aren't in the same tier is crazy. They've accomplished the same things in the same time period. Hurts has a chance to do what Burrow couldn't do last year and win a SB. They are definitely in the same tier. Order them however you like, but tier 2 includes both Hurts & Burrows.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:34 pm
Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:13 pm

They are definitely in the same tier. Order them however you like, but tier 2 includes both Hurts & Burrows.
You live on an island believing that one. They’re not in the same tier.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:41 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:34 pm

They are definitely in the same tier. Order them however you like, but tier 2 includes both Hurts & Burrows.
:roll:

Maybe they aren't in the same tier....

Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:43 pm
Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:41 pm

Lol so just because he’s up for MVP he’s as good as Mahomes, Allen and Burrow? Okay pal. Like I said, you’re on an island believing that one.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Navybuc wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:53 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:43 pm

Lol so just because he’s up for MVP he’s as good as Mahomes, Allen and Burrow? Okay pal. Like I said, you’re on an island believing that one.
Again, what has Burrow accomplished that puts him in an entirely different tier than Hurts?