Update: Board is not being Shutdown

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
The Outsider

Re: Update: Board is not being Shutdown

Post by The Outsider »

Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:08 pm
The Outsider wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:55 am Have a little trouble this morning lads?
Well since you and NYBF have told all of us there are no Go Daddy issues, then I am guessing you took down the board?
Probably?

What I'm doing is perfectly legal and shouldn't have brought the board down. I'm guessing that what happened is that since this is a small website Mooz doesn't pay for a ton of bandwidth and the program I'm using to download the site (again, perfectly legal) ended up taking up most of, if not all of the bandwidth.

It's not intentional, but I also don't particularly care.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:31 pm This strife is pretty unpleasant.
It could stop right now if certain cretins could admit they couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, metaphorically speaking of course. But as of right now, given what's going on here and having been through things of this nature before, I see the writing on the wall and I'm putting in the work to ensure continuity of our little civilization while also making something better.
ModX

Post by ModX »

Hello fellow Buc fans,

Well between their threats to tear this place down, their actions to attempt to do so and the bi-posting - The Outsider and Puss n boots (Aka nybf) have been banned. Mod LV did everything in his power to talk to them (countless times over the last month) and try to have a civil conversation about changing their ways. Sadly, their singular goal seemed to be the total destruction of this board. Unfortunately, If either of them try to register again we cannot guarantee that we will catch it so we will rely on you, our Buc fan community, to give us an assist by reporting.

We so appreciate greatly all the supportive PMs you have sent us, as well as the PMs asking us to take actions. And you all have been exceedingly patient while we exhausted every option other than outright banning them. We gave them warning after warning and time out after time out. Nothing helped to sway their course.

Our IT person spent hours (for free I might add) getting the board back up. As well, there are many of us are working hard to make this place a new, positive, Buccaneers fan board. We thank you for sticking with us.

We hope that now that they are gone folks who registered, then left, because of their petty drama, will return. We also hope that we all can unite behind the same mission to have a great Buccaneers fan board.

The rules have been updated and we hope you all will take a moment to read them (and adhere to them for the greater good of the board).
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

You people are dumb.

I'm out of nachos.
Last edited by _MB_ on Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I don't understand why they didnt just build whatever vision they had. Ohh well I'm happy to have a place to talk about the Bucs.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

What the hell did I miss?!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:30 pm What the hell did I miss?!
WHen we all tried to log in this morning we all got a 404 error. Outsider said he shut down the board. We don’t yet know for sure if it was him or Go Daddy.
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I said what I said

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:38 pm
WHen we all tried to long in this morning we all got a 404 error. Outsider said he shut down the board. We don’t yet know for sure if it was him or Go Daddy.
He definitely didn’t..
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Looked like Pinky and the Brain stuff to me..
Backside

Post by Backside »

It’s hilarious that this community of like two dozen people can’t help but despise eachother and implode their discussion forum every couple of years.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Phantom wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:39 pm

WHen we all tried to long in this morning we all got a 404 error. Outsider said he shut down the board. We don’t yet know for sure if it was him or Go Daddy.
He definitely didn’t..
Ok 🤷 then it was Go Daddy issues. But why would Outsider say he “probably” did it if he didn’t? As well, apparently, He has said numerous times across the street that he was going to do everything he could to shut this board down so he could start his own. I believe him and I believe that he can and would do it.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Backside wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:48 pm It’s hilarious that this community of like two dozen people can’t help but despise eachother and implode their discussion forum every couple of years.
More sad than hilarious to me. I am hopeful this board will be different …but we all know the definition of insanity.
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If he did it, he wouldn’t be able to help himself and brag about it, which he did across the street. Unbelievable.
What I'm doing with IABL is a sort of trial run. If downloading the site works the way I expect it to I should have access to literally every bit of code, every post, every bit of information the site contains. Don't worry about y'alls passwords. Those are MD5 hashed when they're stored so it would be way too much work to try to de-hash those just for the lulz.

Anyway, if that goes well and all I plan on ripping this site to my PC so we have the option of potentially re-hosting and cloning this site but with administrator access.
Not to provide him advice, but if he had a clue as to what he was doing, the site shouldn’t have even known he was doing it.
Oh and IABL should be back up by tonight or tomorrow morning. This process takes a little while.
Yea, it takes a while if it’s like 2003. I’m not even the most computer literate person in the world but what he did he did so with a Dollar Tree level configuration.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Lol at everything you wrote
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:57 pm

If he did it, he wouldn’t be able to help himself and brag about it, which he did across the street. Unbelievable.
What I'm doing with IABL is a sort of trial run. If downloading the site works the way I expect it to I should have access to literally every bit of code, every post, every bit of information the site contains. Don't worry about y'alls passwords. Those are MD5 hashed when they're stored so it would be way too much work to try to de-hash those just for the lulz.

Anyway, if that goes well and all I plan on ripping this site to my PC so we have the option of potentially re-hosting and cloning this site but with administrator access.
Not to provide him advice, but if he had a clue as to what he was doing, the site shouldn’t have even known he was doing it.
Oh and IABL should be back up by tonight or tomorrow morning. This process takes a little while.
Yea, it takes a while if it’s like 2003. I’m not even the most computer literate person in the world but what he did he did so with a Dollar Tree level configuration.
Do you have a screen shot of where he said all of that?
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:36 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:57 pm

Like I said, I ain’t computer literate lol. I don’t know how to screenshot a damn thing.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I still haven't figured out why people go out of their way to be an asshole instead of simply having a discussion....

It's not hard to leave out the middle school, name calling bullshit
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:37 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:36 pm
Like I said, I ain’t computer literate lol. I don’t know how to screenshot a damn thing.
Get you a snipping tool. Microsoft 10 has one built-in. If you don't want to use theirs, or you don't have an MS computer, try this one... https://download.cnet.com/Free-Snipping ... 45838.html

With the MS version, I can save the snip on my computer and then upload it here using the Attachments feature that is at the bottom of the window where you type in your posts. The one at Cnet does pretty much the same thing. And they're free.

Here's an example of one I just did...
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:31 pm This strife is pretty unpleasant.
I hope it will pass. Best advice. Ignore the trolls.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Outsider said he tried to “copy the board” using some sort of site ripper. I don’t know what that means tbh. As a result the board crashed due to the massive bandwidth labored on it.

It’s too bad it’s come to this. I do like Outsider and NYBF. Both are smart and intimidating in their own ways. But apparently had major beef with how this place was run. Maybe one day it’ll resolve.
Last edited by Snake on Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:56 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:37 pm

Get you a snipping tool. Microsoft 10 has one built-in. If you don't want to use theirs, or you don't have an MS computer, try this one... https://download.cnet.com/Free-Snipping ... 45838.html

With the MS version, I can save the snip on my computer and then upload it here using the Attachments feature that is at the bottom of the window where you type in your posts. The one at Cnet does pretty much the same thing. And they're free.

Capture.JPG
Do I need to download this thing?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:14 pm
Outsider said he tried to “copy the board” using some sort of site ripper. I don’t know what that means tbh. As a result the board crashed due to the massive bandwidth labored on it.

It’s too bad it’s come to this.
Come to what? You're here, I'm here, Buczone is still there.

Nothing changed but this morning's bathroom reading.
Snake

Post by Snake »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:16 pm

It’s too bad it’s come to this.

Outsider and NYBF being banned and now insta deleted whenever they return.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:17 pm
_MB_ wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:16 pm

Outsider and NYBF being banned and now insta deleted whenever they return.
Oh, right. Mods better apologize for that shit.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

It’s too bad it’s come to this. I do like Outsider and NYBF. Both are smart and intimidating in their own ways. But apparently had major beef with how this place was run. Maybe one day it’ll resolve.
I read what he did across the street. He used cheap software to do it. What perplexes me most is site ripping is illegal without the web owners permission. In this instance it wouldn’t even be Mooz, it would be Go Daddy. And I highly doubt he went to them asking this request to be honored nor do I think they would get involved.

Not sure what you like about them other than you think they have power and are to be feared. But to each his own. I’ve learned over the years that they aren’t nearly as smart as they believe they are.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:14 pm
Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:56 pm

Capture.JPG
If you have Windows 10, it is located in the start menu. You can right-click on it and pin it to your toolbar so it's easy to access.
Last edited by Buc2 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't tread on me
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Who the fuck is going to lawyer up over this fuckin place?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:22 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:14 pm

If you have Windows 10, it is located in the start menu. It's actually called, Snip & Sketch. It's located in the Start menu. You can right-click on it and pin it to your toolbar so it's easy to access.
I’m using an iPad
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:22 pm
If you have Windows 10, it is located in the start menu. It's actually called, Snip & Sketch. It's located in the Start menu. You can right-click on it and pin it to your toolbar so it's easy to access.
I’m using an iPad
Found the problem.

;)
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I’m using an iPad
Probably won't work then. Snip & Sketch is an MS product. Here's one for iPad: https://alternativeto.net/software/snip ... tform=ipad
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:20 pm

I read what he did across the street. He used cheap software to do it. What perplexes me most is site ripping is illegal without the web owners permission. In this instance it wouldn’t even be Mooz, it would be Go Daddy. And I highly doubt he went to them asking this request to be honored nor do I think they would get involved.

Not sure what you like about them other than you think they have power and are to be feared. But to each his own. I’ve learned over the years that they aren’t nearly as smart as they believe they are.
I think Outsider is genuinely intelligent and I think NYBF understands people. That’s after many years of reading words they’ve typed into a website. Both are pretty abrasive tho.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:24 pm

I’m using an iPad
Found the problem.

;)
How else am I gonna respond to you people so quickly?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Well no doubt they’ll both be back. NY already had a backup account ready to go and even admit the had created several. And they say I’m obsessed?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:26 pm
_MB_ wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:24 pm
Found the problem.

;)
How else am I gonna respond to you people so quickly?
You think maybe outtie might have just frisked this place down to get what he wants and that'll be the end of it, or will he blow up the site leaving mooz to rebuild it?

I'll set the line at "if provoked" and pay 8:1 nothing else happens.