Update: Board is not being Shutdown

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
The Outsider

Re: Update: Board is not being Shutdown

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:23 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:17 pm

I don't feel like re-hashing all of that so all I'm going to say is that I never threatened you, I never posted anything that you didn't put out there yourself, and at no point did I post any sort of information that could have compromised your identity beyond you having already linked your facebook account (rookie move) to one of the old boards.

Hell, I never even insulted your family members and I could have done that regardless of knowing anything about anyone.
Bullshit!
The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:58 pm

What's funnier is that you lied for years about having a job (the veracity of which is one of the easiest to verify), a dead wife, and 35 kids, and you STILL think you have any sort of credibility around here.

You're a joke.
The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:06 pm Okay, internet tough-guy. Fuck your wife and family. Well, your fake wife and family anyway.
And this is from this board, which kinda makes what @Moozician said hilarious seeing as the Mod team allowed this but banned @_MB_ and D5599 for doing way less.

You wanna kiss Mooz's ass in hopes that he gives you a mod spot? Pucker away. But stop with the Mother Teresa act.

Dude, it's not my fault you created this persona in this community and then posted links to social media accounts in which you post shit that shows that the persona you've created is false. That's exactly what I mean about taking responsibility for the information you put out there. Don't be mad at me for pointing out your very obvious bullshit.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Oh, and you can't insult fictitious characters, so fuck off with that weak shit.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:23 pm

Bullshit!

And this is from this board, which kinda makes what @Moozician said hilarious seeing as the Mod team allowed this but banned @_MB_ and D5599 for doing way less.

You wanna kiss Mooz's ass in hopes that he gives you a mod spot? Pucker away. But stop with the Mother Teresa act.

Dude, it's not my fault you created this persona in this community and then posted links to social media accounts in which you post shit that shows that the persona you've created is false. That's exactly what I mean about taking responsibility for the information you put out there. Don't be mad at me for pointing out your very obvious bullshit.
And that's the lie that you've peddled for damn near a decade now as a way to wipe your hands clean of what you did. You fucked with multiple peoples lives knowingly, mine included and with help from "across the street" tried to play innocent.

All that aside though you just admitted you in fact did try to weaponize personal information and use it against someone. So like I said, kill the act.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:02 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:56 pm

The only people who were permanently banned from BucZone, to my knowledge, were Karen (the reason should be obvious), TommyNoleBuc (racism), jaboowins or whatever the fuck that Winston spammer's name was, and if there is anyone else I don't remember feel free to add them in but that's all I can recall off of the top of my head.

We had a time out forum that was used but I don't recall it ever being used unjustly nor do I recall it ever being used excessively. MB was not a mod, per se, but was a part of that initial group that I mentioned. We had only 2 mod accounts and a single Admin account. Everyone inside of the management team had access to those accounts until WI decided to try to monetize the site and changed the Admin password. That doesn't change the fact that 90% of moderating was done by me.

Unless you were racist or a spammer you could literally do whatever you wanted to regardless of who you were with the worst punishment being time out. I really don't care, I never have.

And let me explain something to you, whenever I acted in my capacity as mod or Admin I acted 100% professionally. If I'm as much of an asshole, as full of hate and vitriol as you claim and I'm also unprofessional then why were there no retaliatory bannings? Hell, I fight with everyone at one point or another, by that logic I should have banned all of you at some point or another.

But I didn't.
MB says he perma-banned me as retaliation.

This statement..."Unless you were racist or a spammer you could literally do whatever you wanted to regardless of who you were with the worst punishment being time out. I really don't care, I never have." I couldn't agree with more.
I only banned two people for any length of time during my entire tenure there and both of those came after this place was created and neither of them was you.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:49 pm
Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:22 pm
It's been quite awhile. He said it was in retaliation for getting banned here. I had nothing to do with the banning, but I supported it.

I agree, there has to be rules, but a forum should be very lenient... even if arguing gets a bit "flavorful". But there are and should be limits. No family, no personal stuff (doxxed or otherwise).

If you wanna question intelligence, masculinity, that's all good for fun and games. Family and personal history are not, IMO.
There is arguing, then there is straight up toxic behavior that drives people away or prevents them from even joining to engage in discussion.

However, if one person was dumped and we capture/retained 10 that seems like a reasonable thing to do
This is what so many have said in so many different threads and I agree wholeheartedly. It is just such a delicate balance it seems. I mean do you straight up just ban bootz because of how divisive he is or just let him and (and a select few others blow up thread after thread after thread) because he drives content and posts some interesting football commentary?
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Btw @The Outsider what happened to Alpha? I always found him pretty entertaining
I said what I said

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:56 pm Btw @The Outsider what happened to Alpha? I always found him pretty entertaining
He seems to have trouble being activated over here and gave up trying after multiple attempts.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:35 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 pm

And that's the lie that you've peddled for damn near a decade now as a way to wipe your hands clean of what you did. You fucked with multiple peoples lives knowingly, mine included and with help from "across the street" tried to play innocent.

All that aside though you just admitted you in fact did try to weaponize personal information and use it against someone. So like I said, kill the act.
I could prove everything I said, but I'm not going to post screen caps from your personal social media account to do it. That would be taking it too far.

As far as "help from across the street" goes, I'd like to actually know what that's supposed to mean.

The only thing I've ever done in this community that crossed a line involving someone's family was orchestrating the incident with BuccoBruceski that got the original board shut down. And I think I may have been around 20 at the oldest when that occurred. 15-ish years later I like to think I have a little more restraint. I regret that incident, though I still think Bruceski was an idiot for keeping pictures of his daughter and her boyfriend smoking weed on his public photobucket account.

I own my shit, bruder.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Bootz and context, name two greater foes.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:54 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:49 pm

There is arguing, then there is straight up toxic behavior that drives people away or prevents them from even joining to engage in discussion.

However, if one person was dumped and we capture/retained 10 that seems like a reasonable thing to do
This is what so many have said in so many different threads and I agree wholeheartedly. It is just such a delicate balance it seems. I mean do you straight up just ban bootz because of how divisive he is or just let him and (and a select few others blow up thread after thread after thread) because he drives content and posts some interesting football commentary?
Ban Bootz for what? Necessity to have a scapegoat?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:54 pm
It's probably because the vast majority of people here find you to be excessively obnoxious.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:06 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:35 pm

I could prove everything I said, but I'm not going to post screen caps from your personal social media account to do it. That would be taking it too far.

As far as "help from across the street" goes, I'd like to actually know what that's supposed to mean.

The only thing I've ever done in this community that crossed a line involving someone's family was orchestrating the incident with BuccoBruceski that got the original board shut down. And I think I may have been around 20 at the oldest when that occurred. 15-ish years later I like to think I have a little more restraint. I regret that incident, though I still think Bruceski was an idiot for keeping pictures of his daughter and her boyfriend smoking weed on his public photobucket account.

I own my shit, bruder.
Now how could you possibly have that information? I haven't posted anything from my personal social media accounts nor have I given anyone knowledge of them.

We loved hearing your monolog about how personal information shouldn't be weaponized yet you admit you could do so.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 pm

It's probably because the vast majority of people here find you to be excessively obnoxious.
Assume that's true for a second. That's against the rules and should come with a ban?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:10 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:06 pm

I own my shit, bruder.
Now how could you possibly have that information? I haven't posted anything from my personal social media accounts nor have I given anyone knowledge of them.

We loved hearing your monolog about how personal information shouldn't be weaponized yet you admit you could do so.
You linked your facebook way back in the day on LarryLand, they were naive times. There was a whole-ass social media thread in Off-topic. Also, I didn't weaponize your personal information. I caught you lying and called you out, there's a very large difference between those two things.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:12 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 pm

Assume that's true for a second. That's against the rules and should come with a ban?
Didn't say that, just gave you the obvious reason for why people would openly speculate as to whether or not banning you would improve the community as a whole.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:13 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:10 pm

You linked your facebook way back in the day on LarryLand, they were naive times. There was a whole-ass social media thread in Off-topic. Also, I didn't weaponize your personal information. I caught you lying and called you out, there's a very large difference between those two things.
Interesting considering I hardly used Facebook back in those days. But as I said, you peddled the lie to pardon yourself as did others.

You and others to this day still weaponize personal information and lie about it. Looking up my father, going to his barbershop and then creating this story that it's in fact me who's a barber. Saying my family is made up as a way to absolve yourself from the fact that you went to my kids school. A Lotta creep ship you guys did back in the day that I'm sure you'll say "but it wasn't me". Doesn't matter. You knew it took place. You knew lies were made up and as you made CLEAR to me, you don't care.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Yeah, I don't care that you made a bunch of shit up and got called out for it. Everything you just posted is fucking asinine.

Now can we please get back to having a constructive conversation? Not everything has to be about Bootz.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Go ahead and get back to your ass kissing. Maybe it'll workout for you
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:07 pm Bootz and context, name two greater foes.
Lol THAT was masterful
I said what I said

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Is there a ChatGPT integration where a certain someone can just sit here all day and argue with it? It could learn from the constant strawmen and circular logic giving him a greater and greater challenge while feeding his desire to be seen.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:38 pm Is there a ChatGPT integration where a certain someone can just sit here all day and argue with it? It could learn from the constant strawmen and circular logic giving him a greater and greater challenge while feeding his desire to be seen.
The visual on this made me actually laugh out loud
I said what I said

IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Sweet Mother of GOD! Anyone know where they keep the electronic anti-inflammatories?
Push the damned button already!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

IronDog wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:01 pm Sweet Mother of GOD! Anyone know where they keep the electronic anti-inflammatories?
Across the street.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

_MB_ wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:51 pm
Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:02 pm
MB says he perma-banned me as retaliation.

This statement..."Unless you were racist or a spammer you could literally do whatever you wanted to regardless of who you were with the worst punishment being time out. I really don't care, I never have." I couldn't agree with more.
I only banned two people for any length of time during my entire tenure there and both of those came after this place was created and neither of them was you.
My apologies, MB. It was nybf.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Not reading through all the BS I'm sure is saturating everywhere and specifically this thread. This is my first interaction with this board in weeks.

Three points:

1 - I happily agreed to help administer this website from a technical standpoint. Feel free to look through the older posts in the admin section to see the effort and hours I put in to making the features you people (racist) asked for. When, months later, technical issues arose, most egregiously the email system, I was quick to respond to any PMs about the runaround I was given from the host - some few of you could share my screenshots detailing the issues during our at length discussions. I did the best I could with the tools at my disposal and am proud of the product I delivered.

2 - I made it very clear at all times to the moderators that I would support their actions to the community, even when I disagreed with them, because the idea of having too much autonomy didn't sit well with me. I wanted nothing more than to make cool stuff like social embeds and other community voted for features work, but it was also necessary for me to have a thumb on the pulse of the governing consul, so to speak; to understand what and when to enact certain features the moderators may not be able to "in the heat of the moment" (a little behind the curtain here, there were many instances when a mod attempted to curtail some rambunctious posting/posters and were unable too due to dynamic IP settings on their workplace/cellular services). Never once did I enable/disable/ban or otherwise manipulate a member's access to this community without the moderators express consent/desire.

3 - This one is hard for me to type out. Before this site, outside of two particular posters (peace has been made with one); I couldn't imagine anyone thinking ill of me. I'm not a particularly active guy, and I'd like to think that I'm unusually agreeable when it comes to seeing a viewpoint that differs from mine own. I think my post history, as laughably low as it is for a 20 year member of this community, shows a record of bad dad jokes, iffy (yet strong) football takes, and genuine desire to understand in OT/P. ALL of that aside, I've shared personal information to dozens upon dozens of users through the years to help them catch a game. I've driven fundraisers for people in need of life-saving surgery. I've organized charity drives to help out our own community members after natural disasters. Made last minute vacation plans a reality. Never asked for, nor expected any recognition.

All of that said isn't to toot my own horn; but to highlight that when my integrity was called into question, I decided to be done. If, after all these years, who I am and what I'm all about isn't very fucking clear, then all I am doing now is wasting my time.

I wish you all Fair Winds and Following Seas.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Rocker wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:41 pm Not reading through all the BS I'm sure is saturating everywhere and specifically this thread. This is my first interaction with this board in weeks.

Three points:

1 - I happily agreed to help administer this website from a technical standpoint. Feel free to look through the older posts in the admin section to see the effort and hours I put in to making the features you people (racist) asked for. When, months later, technical issues arose, most egregiously the email system, I was quick to respond to any PMs about the runaround I was given from the host - some few of you could share my screenshots detailing the issues during our at length discussions. I did the best I could with the tools at my disposal and am proud of the product I delivered.

2 - I made it very clear at all times to the moderators that I would support their actions to the community, even when I disagreed with them, because the idea of having too much autonomy didn't sit well with me. I wanted nothing more than to make cool stuff like social embeds and other community voted for features work, but it was also necessary for me to have a thumb on the pulse of the governing consul, so to speak; to understand what and when to enact certain features the moderators may not be able to "in the heat of the moment" (a little behind the curtain here, there were many instances when a mod attempted to curtail some rambunctious posting/posters and were unable too due to dynamic IP settings on their workplace/cellular services). Never once did I enable/disable/ban or otherwise manipulate a member's access to this community without the moderators express consent/desire.

3 - This one is hard for me to type out. Before this site, outside of two particular posters (peace has been made with one); I couldn't imagine anyone thinking ill of me. I'm not a particularly active guy, and I'd like to think that I'm unusually agreeable when it comes to seeing a viewpoint that differs from mine own. I think my post history, as laughably low as it is for a 20 year member of this community, shows a record of bad dad jokes, iffy (yet strong) football takes, and genuine desire to understand in OT/P. ALL of that aside, I've shared personal information to dozens upon dozens of users through the years to help them catch a game. I've driven fundraisers for people in need of life-saving surgery. I've organized charity drives to help out our own community members after natural disasters. Made last minute vacation plans a reality. Never asked for, nor expected any recognition.

All of that said isn't to toot my own horn; but to highlight that when my integrity was called into question, I decided to be done. If, after all these years, who I am and what I'm all about isn't very fucking clear, then all I am doing now is wasting my time.

I wish you all Fair Winds and Following Seas.
I for one, appreciate all your time, energy and effort. I cannot even begin to imagine what it has taken from you to keep up with this BS on here. So on behalf of myself and I know for sure, most members of this board, thank you. I am grateful.

This board should be renamed ‘Lord of the Flies’ I mean the cast of characters are easy to see who is who here. :roll:
I said what I said

Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I only need to make one more sig and then I'm going to go into offseason mode, so this will be my last post for a while.

There is a science fiction novelette I read a long time ago called "For a breath I tarry". The backstory to this story of self-discovery is that there was a supercomputer that ran the world that was damaged but repaired itself but while it was done the alternate was activated. Solcom maintained that the Alternate should shut down because it was fine, and the Alternate argued that the original was damaged and could not recognize that it was still damaged. Since all this comes out in the first page of the novelette it's not really a spoiler.

The other board is analogous to the first controller, perhaps repaired from its damage but in the meantime I went with the Alternate and here I stay. To my knowledge the difference between the perhaps-recovered older board and this newer board is that we would never, ever, start a thread saying "WE DID IT", to celebrate shutting down the older board. But they have people here who seemingly want us to be shut down and again seemingly celebrated prematurely when their attacks on our weak point, our ethical and responsible and taking-the-high-road founders and admins almost pulled off this board's destruction. Indeed, this issue is not yet settled, not when good people leave who are necessary.

Does anyone think that those who want this place to die are going to leave us alone when this thread finally withers? That the vitriol and open contempt from the other place towards this place so out in the open here are going to go away? That IABL can long endure with constant attacks on our mods and admins by their now-self-admitted mods and admins? This is a one-sided flame war being engaged from just one side, from the BucZone side. From my admittedly partisan view this is premeditated, this is planned, and this will probably work in the end. Woot.

I hope to come back next season to a functioning board in which some in-house pot stirrers are still stirring the pot, but the enemies (yes, I'm using that word) from the other board have either ended their attacks or are all gone, voluntarily or otherwise. What I expect is that this board will be gone despite the best efforts of our last defenders in the mod team. I don't advocate doing unto them what they're trying to do unto us. I'm saying build a wall if necessary to keep their mods off this website, repeat if necessary. However well intentioned some of those mods are here, and I'm not saying all are ill-intentioned as individuals, their leaders' collective poisonous attacks has hurt our small board and I would see us survive. If necessary, don't ban individuals, ban their leadership group and let them do the same to ours, and go our separate ways.

Good luck, IABL. I hope this board makes it. I really don't care what happens to the other place.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Xandtar wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:31 am I only need to make one more sig and then I'm going to go into offseason mode, so this will be my last post for a while.

There is a science fiction novelette I read a long time ago called "For a breath I tarry". The backstory to this story of self-discovery is that there was a supercomputer that ran the world that was damaged but repaired itself but while it was done the alternate was activated. Solcom maintained that the Alternate should shut down because it was fine, and the Alternate argued that the original was damaged and could not recognize that it was still damaged. Since all this comes out in the first page of the novelette it's not really a spoiler.

The other board is analogous to the first controller, perhaps repaired from its damage but in the meantime I went with the Alternate and here I stay. To my knowledge the difference between the perhaps-recovered older board and this newer board is that we would never, ever, start a thread saying "WE DID IT", to celebrate shutting down the older board. But they have people here who seemingly want us to be shut down and again seemingly celebrated prematurely when their attacks on our weak point, our ethical and responsible and taking-the-high-road founders and admins almost pulled off this board's destruction. Indeed, this issue is not yet settled, not when good people leave who are necessary.

Does anyone think that those who want this place to die are going to leave us alone when this thread finally withers? That the vitriol and open contempt from the other place towards this place so out in the open here are going to go away? That IABL can long endure with constant attacks on our mods and admins by their now-self-admitted mods and admins? This is a one-sided flame war being engaged from just one side, from the BucZone side. From my admittedly partisan view this is premeditated, this is planned, and this will probably work in the end. Woot.

I hope to come back next season to a functioning board in which some in-house pot stirrers are still stirring the pot, but the enemies (yes, I'm using that word) from the other board have either ended their attacks or are all gone, voluntarily or otherwise. What I expect is that this board will be gone despite the best efforts of our last defenders in the mod team. I don't advocate doing unto them what they're trying to do unto us. I'm saying build a wall if necessary to keep their mods off this website, repeat if necessary. However well intentioned some of those mods are here, and I'm not saying all are ill-intentioned as individuals, their leaders' collective poisonous attacks has hurt our small board and I would see us survive. If necessary, don't ban individuals, ban their leadership group and let them do the same to ours, and go our separate ways.

Good luck, IABL. I hope this board makes it. I really don't care what happens to the other place.

I read your entire post and I've got to be honest. I'm a little impressed with how wildly you've interpreted pretty much everything that's been said in this thread. To the extent where I've got to wonder if you've read anything at all.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:04 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm
Is it possible for you to help without being a moderator? Like being a poster in good faith or simply being kinder. No need to shit on the board because you don;t like the way it is being run. Help in a constructive way instead of a malicious malcontent way. It is always easier to destroy then to build. DO better.

We are reaching neutron star levels of density right now.

I can't help anything if I'm a user on the outside of the process. I don't need to moderate, but I need to at least be a part of the discussion on the inside because I can't tell them what changes need to be made if I don't know the dynamics of the team.

I had a good dialogue going with the previous Admin, Rocker, to the point that he suggested they bring me on board. I haven't heard a thing about it since he peaced-out. Do you think he would have suggested they bring me on board if he didn't think my experience would be valuable?

Clearly the remainder of the mods disagree, and that's fine, but I'm not going to sit around and ignore incompetency, especially after I've offered to help and been turned down and I certainly have no real incentive to be nice about it either considering it's the same basic level mistakes time and time again.

If some strong language hurts your feelies that badly I suggest you utilize the ignore function. I have no problem with you personally but I don't care to adjust the way I operate simply because you don't like it.
For what it's worth (not much, obviously), I also supported you having a role in the administration of IABL including moderating. I'm not sure why they don't want to take you up on your expertise in message board functioning other than letting their personal feelings toward you dictate their decision-making process. If that's the case, then I'd say their decision-making process is flawed.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IABL: Intelligence artificially being logged..

Mooz being able to read all this and staying silent is quite concerning. All over the place people changing their mind, being silent, calling people's post's BS, twisting the accolades of what a member has done with what an administer has done. Walking away Rocker is for it, Buc2 is for it - neither say why. Rocker openly admits to signing off on member bans even though he didnt agree with the other 2 somewhat quiet (right now) mods.

How does it go from a somewhat no rules to making it fun for the mods to ban people. Is that what keeps them interested? Does it make them a Legend? Am I supposed to believe that no one knows how Digital Damage got 10,000 rep points. Seems to me it had to be a rather intelligent guy that doesnt think he will be caught.

Most anything I have said is for people to have a safe place to be Buc fans. It's weird how people choose daily insanity.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Maybe I got it all wrong and this is what love for the community is in 2023.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:27 pm Maybe I got it all wrong and this is what love for the community is in 2023.
Drink bleach.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Maybe it was the hacker 4chan?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

And if you're going to discuss users in the mod forum, don't tag them. That's pretty god damn weak.