Update: Board is not being Shutdown

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Moozician

Update: Board is not being Shutdown

Post by Moozician »

Well, you guys were right. I shouldn't have started this place, because I know nothing about phpbb or GoDaddy.

I tried to do a good thing, and most of you guys are great, and I will miss you. But there are a few whose life mission seems be to to destroy this place.

Congratulations. You succeeded. You now have 72 hours to create a new place (or go back to the old one). I don't care that there is 4 years more paid for on this place. I am sick and tired of the crap, anf nobody can seem to stop it.

Ban someone? Sure... They just come back. IP ban? Sure... and take out a dozen others.

So we are done here.
Snake

Re: Board Shutdown

Post by Snake »

Just get rid of the cancer.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Moozician wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:34 pm Well, you guys were right. I shouldn't have started this place, because I know nothing about phpbb or GoDaddy.

I tried to do a good thing, and most of you guys are great, and I will miss you. But there are a few whose life mission seems be to to destroy this place.

Congratulations. You succeeded. You now have 72 hours to create a new place (or go back to the old one). I don't care that there is 4 years more paid for on this place. I am sick and tired of the crap, anf nobody can seem to stop it.

Ban someone? Sure... They just come back. IP ban? Sure... and take out a dozen others.

So we are done here.

Kind of limits my options - cannot we have a vote on it?
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

I'll tell you all what. I wasn't the best Mod because I was too lenient. I've always believed the same people are always going fight no matter what. Why get into it? Maybe the fault falls on me.

But as a token of faith for whatever job I did or not not do well, if you can build it, I'll pay for it. I don't care who does it. All the choices on how it's run will be up to them. I won't involve myself anymore. It's the least I can do. Or at least let me have some idea of the cost and I can (at worst) pitch in

If this decision is final Mooz, give it enough time for us to get a new one up.
ModX

Post by ModX »

Moozician wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:34 pm Well, you guys were right. I shouldn't have started this place, because I know nothing about phpbb or GoDaddy.

So we are done here.
Left you a message in the Mod forum - there are many, many other options.

And most importantly- no they were NOT right- not by a long shot. In fact they were and continue to be wrong to the 10th power.

And to those of you who have been so negative, trolling and have intentionally dragged this board, time to just go away instead of trying to harm, ridicule, taunt those like Mooz who invested time, energy, effort AND money in creating a home for us. If you cannot appreciate him or the Mod team- Just leave for Christ sake.
ModX

Post by ModX »

Hang tight everyone- looks we have a way to ensure the board stays up.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I literally just figured out how to post a profile picture. #thinkoftheboomers
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ModX wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:17 am Hang tight everyone- looks we have a way to ensure the board stays up.
Just waiting to know where I can send the check
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

ModX wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:17 am Hang tight everyone- looks we have a way to ensure the board stays up.
I am glad to hear this.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:35 am
Just waiting to know where I can send the check
Yeah, I’m in as well. Only fair after 20 years of freeloading.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Hit me up. I'll be happy to pitch in. $$ are only $$. I can't take it with me.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

To be perfectly honest, with the small amount of traffic this site gets someone could host it on an old workstation PC in their living room and we'd probably be fine.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. I appreciate your hard work.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Just an observation.

Going from thanked/been thanked to "the improvement" was a daily throat ripping mistake.
ModX

Post by ModX »

Cheb wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:10 pm Welp, it was fun while it lasted. I appreciate your hard work.
Not so quick…we have a solution
ModX

Post by ModX »

We greatly appreciate ALL of you that want to donate dollars. The best donation is to refuse to interact with the trolls who have driven @Moozician and others away. Mooz never deserved the trolling he got from the negative but loud vocal minority. Whomever takes the next step to donate their time, please support them with your words and actions. That is what they deserve. When you see people bashing the board either ignore them or put them in their place. Lets not let them win anymore than their trolling already has.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

There are also free forums out there.

Here's one that I currently use.
https://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

Edit: They also have pay forums. Which we'd need if we were going to allow nude threads like we have now. It would also eliminate ads. I used to have mine set up that way. But the traffic died down to a point that paying to keep it open wasn't worth it, so I converted it to a free forum for the handful of folks that still wanted the place to continue interacting with each other.
Don't tread on me
GoldenBudda

Post by GoldenBudda »

Whoever takes over really need to start enforcing Rule #3.

When I write out a long post that takes a lot of time and thought and the responses are "you're an idiot" or "you're a drama queen" it just kills it.

People who aren't engaging in good faith have created the same type of board that already exists elsewhere.

You Have to start banning these cancerous individuals.

If you're thinking..
"Those people are doing almost all the posting if we ban them there wont be anyone left."

No, they have taken over your board and scared off most decent casual posters who would otherwise be contributing.

In a nutshell, you have allowed this place to become what it is by failing to enforce the rules.

The same way Mooz feels, all of us who post in good faith have felt. Stop allowing it. This place can be great.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

GoldenBudda wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:11 pm Whoever takes over really need to start enforcing Rule #3.

When I write out a long post that takes a lot of time and thought and the responses are "you're an idiot" or "you're a drama queen" it just kills it.

People who aren't engaging in good faith have created the same type of board that already exists elsewhere.

If you're thinking..
"Those people are doing almost all the posting if we ban them there wont be anyone left."

No, they have taken over your board and scared off most decent casual posters who would otherwise be contributing.

In a nutshell, you have allowed this place to become what it is by failing to enforce the rules.

The same way Mooz feels, all of us who post in good faith have felt. Stop allowing it. This place can be great.
This can't be said enough. That toxic culture of making a board that's supposed to be dedicated to football discussion into a truly personal and hated attacks has migrated from board to board. This place CAN be great but it's hard to do when, and I'm just being transparent here, those in power are part of the "boys club" that initiated and grew said culture. I assume that's the reason Swash stater he'd step down and the reason Mooz has given up. He feels betrayed and hurt by his old buddies calling him out. I get it.
ModX

Post by ModX »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:35 pm
GoldenBudda wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:11 pm Whoever takes over really need to start enforcing Rule #3.

If you're thinking..

This can't be said enough. That toxic culture of making a board that's supposed to be dedicated to football discussion into a truly personal and hated attacks has migrated from board to board. This place CAN be great but it's hard to do when, and I'm just being transparent here, those in power are part of the "boys club" that initiated and grew said culture. I assume that's the reason Swash stater he'd step down and the reason Mooz has given up. He feels betrayed and hurt by his old buddies calling him out. I get it.
Agreed. AND you will need to walk a more productive walk as well. If it was up to me the downvoting function would disappear.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

If you're thinking..

To be perfectly honest Bootz the reason is genuinely because I'm not in the business of banning people because someone finds them annoying. That is LITERALLY all this is about. There's not some deep seeded meaning. It's thumb spam, circus threads, agitation and "He called me names" The same incidents land in my mailbox week after week after week and after a point, ignoring it is the only option left because banning people over it solves the issue for a second until it starts up again. This has migrated from board to board for over a decade because the process doesn't work. You got canned at BZ and within 6 months "Free Bootz" was real. Why in God's name would it be any different if I squashed anyone's beef?

If everyone just grew the fuck up or used an ignore button NONE of this would be happening. No one... NO ONE needs a Mod for that.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

If people could quit going out of their way to be an asshole when they disagree with someone....

Some of y'all remind me of the little knotheads I used to deal with in the EBD unit

Rather climb a thorny tree than be a decent human being
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

ModX wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:31 pm
Cheb wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:10 pm Welp, it was fun while it lasted. I appreciate your hard work.
The man said it was fun while it lasted.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

What the bloody hell?
Push the damned button already!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

_MB_ wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:34 pm
ModX wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:31 pm

And it looks like it isn’t over. Good.
I said what I said

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:44 pm
_MB_ wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:34 pm

But it's also a bunch of people afraid to call out names.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

These Are The Days wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:24 pm

To be perfectly honest Bootz the reason is genuinely because I'm not in the business of banning people because someone finds them annoying. That is LITERALLY all this is about. There's not some deep seeded meaning. It's thumb spam, circus threads, agitation and "He called me names" The same incidents land in my mailbox week after week after week and after a point, ignoring it is the only option left because banning people over it solves the issue for a second until it starts up again. This has migrated from board to board for over a decade because the process doesn't work. You got canned at BZ and within 6 months "Free Bootz" was real. Why in God's name would it be any different if I squashed anyone's beef?

If everyone just grew the fuck up or used an ignore button NONE of this would be happening. No one... NO ONE needs a Mod for that.
That’s not the behavior I’m referring to and you know it. But I digress. You were once part of that “Legends Lounge” and perhaps it’s one of those lifetime membership situations. Fine. But that behavior perpetuated by that faction has always been overlooked and it’s been a hell of a lot more than name calling.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:19 am
Babeinbucland wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:44 pm

Call them out, please.
I said what I said

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:00 am
mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:19 am

Call them out, please.
Sure! Because as a lone soldier of 25 years of not being afraid to say something has served me well. It has to be communication between friends of those in power and those seeking power and the end goal should be about having a better place to talk about the Bucs.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:30 am
Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:00 am

Call them out, please.
Sure! Because as a lone soldier of 25 years of not being afraid to say something has served me well. It has to be communication between friends of those in power and those seeking power and the end goal should be about having a better place to talk about the Bucs.
I finally agree with you on something. However, It is clear to me that is the end goal of the Mods here- they just clearly need more support than they have been getting. And that means all of us stepping up in the way that ModX requested us to
I said what I said

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Holy shit you guys are so dramatic. :j
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

I enjoy 50% of the content, the other 50% I ignore. I think if everyone does that we can have somewhere to come to and vent our frustrations with this Team or have a few "friends" to high five with the occasional feel good moment. I hope it stays.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Whatever is being done on either board out in the open is nothing compared to huddling together in little meetings. Tell me why on playoff day IABL has a small sampling and then over at why stay at almost dead Buczone there are 29 non posting lurkers.

All the secrets are still secrets and I guess they will stay that way. Late to the party Delt is acting all giddy. That reminds me not one member has expressed any thing as to why he didnt want to come over here.

I don't know nothing other than what is in plain site. I hope those that do know most everything are able to get things corrected.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

T-minus 14 hours 19 minutes
Don't tread on me
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

You should all give up social media and focus on work.