Update: Board is not being Shutdown

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Update: Board is not being Shutdown

Post by mdb1958 »

Puss in Boots wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:21 pm Sorry, I thought you spoke English.
Most all of us would question why a new guy has your direction of posting.
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:30 pm
Puss in Boots wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:21 pm Sorry, I thought you spoke English.
Most all of us would question why a new guy has your direction of posting.
Should I be asking the people who tell you who you can talk to which direction I should be posting in?

I just got here and I saw the board was being shut down and then not shut down and then maybe shut down and now definitely not shut down I think. I thought it would be in my interests to read the thread.

But if you let me know what threads I'm allowed to read and what directions I'm allowed to post in, I will definitely keep that in mind.

You must be one of the mods here.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm beginning to think Wooden Indian was pretty smart.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:49 pm I'm beginning to think Wooden Indian was pretty smart.

@Moozician
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:09 pm Babe is he talking about the lack of transparency and the two sets of rules? Who can read the personal messages at Buczone and who can read the personal messages at IABL?

The dude choose's who and how he talks to people. Everyone hanging out at Buczone, Pete, nybf, MB, Irondog, and I bet Outsider too all seem to know who even reads the forum. I guess our guys have these great set of tools also at their disposal.

This thing isnt about a select few - it's about the whole group.

I said it weeks ago - complicit.

No, I'm talking about a community management team that doesn't even know how to use the tools at their disposal, let alone manage the community.

The people who can read PMs at BucZone and here are the same, the users the PMs are between. Theoretically an Admin could snoop people's PMs but that wasn't something implemented over there and I don't think it's something implemented here.

Generally, most people choose both who they talk/interact with and how they do it. I think you'd find that if you go through my post history I have a much larger history of engaging people in good faith than not. Any harsh language on my part is due to one of two things, frustration arguing a point or in the event that someone comes at me. Don't try to throw insinuations or accusations my way and expect me to be nice about it.

The management team at BucZone was (to varying degrees of engagement) WI, Myself, nybf, delt, Kress, BucYou, Kyle, 2.0, and Alpha to an extent. The primary moderator/point of contact for the community was myself. Others may have engaged in moderation on a limited basis but I did most of that. WI and Kyle were the tech guys. Some of us were no longer there at the end, including WI, Kyle, and 2.0. Even before that the majority of the team was only involved in the process of planning the direction of the community and providing input on any major decision making.

The only one complicit here is you, mdb.

You're complicit in the war on the English language, you inarticulate bum.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:49 pm I'm beginning to think Wooden Indian was pretty smart.
For moving off grid and disappearing? I'm pretty sure he fell into a pile of manure and never escaped.

The only good thing WI ever did was start hosting the forum. Every decision he made after that affected the website in a detrimental manner.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Who owned the Buczone server from beginning to end - I guess I'm just a bum who never knew any mod at Buczone.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm Who owned the Buczone server from beginning to end - I guess I'm just a bum who never knew any mod at Buczone.
It was WI the entire time. He still owns it. The domain keeps auto-renewing. That's why we couldn't fix anything when the spam started rolling in. He changed the admin password and then went MIA a few months later.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:31 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:09 pm Babe is he talking about the lack of transparency and the two sets of rules? Who can read the personal messages at Buczone and who can read the personal messages at IABL?

The dude choose's who and how he talks to people. Everyone hanging out at Buczone, Pete, nybf, MB, Irondog, and I bet Outsider too all seem to know who even reads the forum. I guess our guys have these great set of tools also at their disposal.

This thing isnt about a select few - it's about the whole group.

I said it weeks ago - complicit.

No, I'm talking about a community management team that doesn't even know how to use the tools at their disposal, let alone manage the community.

The people who can read PMs at BucZone and here are the same, the users the PMs are between. Theoretically an Admin could snoop people's PMs but that wasn't something implemented over there and I don't think it's something implemented here.

Generally, most people choose both who they talk/interact with and how they do it. I think you'd find that if you go through my post history I have a much larger history of engaging FRIENDS in good faith than not. Any harsh language on my part is due to one of two things, frustration arguing a point or in the event that someone comes at me. Don't try to throw insinuations or accusations my way and expect me to be nice about it.

The management team at BucZone was (to varying degrees of engagement) WI, Myself, nybf, delt, Kress, BucYou, Kyle, 2.0, and Alpha to an extent. The primary moderator/point of contact for the community was myself. Others may have engaged in moderation on a limited basis but I did most of that. WI and Kyle were the tech guys. Some of us were no longer there at the end, including WI, Kyle, and 2.0. Even before that the majority of the team was only involved in the process of planning the direction of the community and providing input on any major decision making.

I think that needed clarification. MB has also come over and said he also was a mod, thing is and this strikes me as funny - it seemed no mod was attaching a name to who he was - even though the board also had a high level of toxicity.

The friends could do what they want when they want, while the nobody's were cast off the board left and right.

The hours and hours of that being funny, deserved, and countless other descriptors should never be linked to mods that should behave in a professional manner.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Um, hello. Just a lowly user here, there and anywhere. I don't have clue one on how to do any of the crap you just accused me of, mr 1958. Nor am I interested in learning how to do so. I know just enough about these nasty little frigging machines to royally screw it up and the amazing things a 4# hammer can do with one after I screwed it up. Please submit your generalized accusations elsewhere. BTW, I can't say I recall ever interacting with your august self in any derogatory manner. However, I'm old and sometimes forgetful.
Push the damned button already!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:54 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:38 pm Who owned the Buczone server from beginning to end - I guess I'm just a bum who never knew any mod at Buczone.
It was WI the entire time. He still owns it. The domain keeps auto-renewing. That's why we couldn't fix anything when the spam started rolling in. He changed the admin password and then went MIA a few months later.

Mooz would be wise keep full control of that server.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IronDog wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:24 pm Um, hello. Just a lowly user here, there and anywhere. I don't have clue one on how to do any of the crap you just accused me of, mr 1958. Nor am I interested in learning how to do so. I know just enough about these nasty little frigging machines to royally screw it up and the amazing things a 4# hammer can do with one after I screwed it up. Please submit your generalized accusations elsewhere. BTW, I can't say I recall ever interacting with your august self in any derogatory manner. However, I'm old and sometimes forgetful.

Like I said, my bow sites see you at the edge of the tree line.

Ask for clarification if needed. Thx, also lowly user.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

@The Outsider Also just for the true nature of objectivity, do you happen to know Puss in Boots?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:04 pm

Generally, most people choose both who they talk/interact with and how they do it. I think you'd find that if you go through my post history I have a much larger history of engaging FRIENDS in good faith than not. Any harsh language on my part is due to one of two things, frustration arguing a point or in the event that someone comes at me. Don't try to throw insinuations or accusations my way and expect me to be nice about it.

I think that needed clarification. MB has also come over and said he also was a mod, thing is and this strikes me as funny - it seemed no mod was attaching a name to who he was - even though the board also had a high level of toxicity.

The friends could do what they want when they want, while the nobody's were cast off the board left and right.

The hours and hours of that being funny, deserved, and countless other descriptors should never be linked to mods that should behave in a professional manner.
The only people who were permanently banned from BucZone, to my knowledge, were Karen (the reason should be obvious), TommyNoleBuc (racism), jaboowins or whatever the fuck that Winston spammer's name was, and if there is anyone else I don't remember feel free to add them in but that's all I can recall off of the top of my head.

We had a time out forum that was used but I don't recall it ever being used unjustly nor do I recall it ever being used excessively. MB was not a mod, per se, but was a part of that initial group that I mentioned. We had only 2 mod accounts and a single Admin account. Everyone inside of the management team had access to those accounts until WI decided to try to monetize the site and changed the Admin password. That doesn't change the fact that 90% of moderating was done by me.

Unless you were racist or a spammer you could literally do whatever you wanted to regardless of who you were with the worst punishment being time out. I really don't care, I never have.

And let me explain something to you, whenever I acted in my capacity as mod or Admin I acted 100% professionally. If I'm as much of an asshole, as full of hate and vitriol as you claim and I'm also unprofessional then why were there no retaliatory bannings? Hell, I fight with everyone at one point or another, by that logic I should have banned all of you at some point or another.

But I didn't.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:50 pm @The Outsider Also just for the true nature of objectivity, do you happen to know Puss in Boots?
Yep, but I'm not going to speak to their identity. That can be done by them. If you're insinuating that I'm bi-posting have your peeps over at the mod team check the IPs. I don't run a VPN at home for streaming purposes so they would match.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:34 pm

Mooz would be wise keep full control of that server.
Okay, sure. Irrelevant. The Admin account should be accessible to multiple people and the webserver login should be as well in the hypothetical event that something happens to the sole owner of the site. My whole thing with BucZone, and getting so mad about WI going solo as admin is exactly because of what happened there. He goes MIA, we can't fix anything and the site goes to shit. It's all about continuity so our users don't have to keep dealing with a series of site migrations.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

@The Outsider wow I just learned an amazing amount from your posts and it explains a lot about where you are coming from. I disagree with some of it still (yeah, my naiveté, I’m sure lol) but you actually explained a lot and answered a lot of questions I had.

And surely your concerns about this board going the same direction as buczone, makes sense. And still I think that even though you are not a Mod here, you could cut them a little more slack and instead of assigning them nefarious motives, give room for the possibility, that they humans doing their best with a tough situation. Just because you would do it differently doesn’t make that the right way or even the only way.

I do think you offering your insights and options (minus the name calling, vitriol and malice) in a rational, stable, cogent way gives counsel in a way that is valuable. Do more of that please.
I said what I said

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:28 pm @The Outsider wow I just learned an amazing amount from your posts and it explains a lot about where you are coming from. I disagree with some of it still (yeah, my naiveté, I’m sure lol) but you actually explained a lot and answered a lot of questions I had.

And surely your concerns about this board going the same direction as buczone, makes sense. And still I think that even though you are not a Mod here, you could cut them a little more slack and instead of assigning them nefarious motives, give room for the possibility, that they humans doing their best with a tough situation. Just because you would do it differently doesn’t make that the right way or even the only way.

I do think you offering your insights and options (minus the name calling, vitriol and malice) in a rational, stable, cogent way gives counsel in a way that is valuable. Do more of that please.
I don't think they're nefarious, I think that they have no idea what they're doing.

Edit: And that doesn't just come from moderating BucZone. I've managed several different communities in different forums and games. One of those in particular was called Neocron/Neocron 2 and it was one of the earlier MMOs that stuck around for a while. I ended up as the leader of one of the largest clans, called -After Dark- in the game. Some 40+ people at the time from literally any major European country you can think of plus a dude in Russia, one in Australia, and several Americans. I dropped the name because although it was niche if anyone around here has any knowledge of it they'll know that it has one of the most toxic communities on the internet.

My point is that I know how to manage a toxic community and do it well. I offered my counsel and got radio silence, so now I'm just going to call it like I see it and I see no reason to pull any punches.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Besides making you a Mod, what else is it that you want them to do differently. I read your complaints but I don’t see you offering any wise counsel on solutions, just bashing them.
I said what I said

Moozician

Post by Moozician »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:56 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:04 pm

The only people who were permanently banned from BucZone, to my knowledge, were Karen (the reason should be obvious), TommyNoleBuc (racism), jaboowins or whatever the fuck that Winston spammer's name was, and if there is anyone else I don't remember feel free to add them in but that's all I can recall off of the top of my head.

We had a time out forum that was used but I don't recall it ever being used unjustly nor do I recall it ever being used excessively. MB was not a mod, per se, but was a part of that initial group that I mentioned. We had only 2 mod accounts and a single Admin account. Everyone inside of the management team had access to those accounts until WI decided to try to monetize the site and changed the Admin password. That doesn't change the fact that 90% of moderating was done by me.

Unless you were racist or a spammer you could literally do whatever you wanted to regardless of who you were with the worst punishment being time out. I really don't care, I never have.

And let me explain something to you, whenever I acted in my capacity as mod or Admin I acted 100% professionally. If I'm as much of an asshole, as full of hate and vitriol as you claim and I'm also unprofessional then why were there no retaliatory bannings? Hell, I fight with everyone at one point or another, by that logic I should have banned all of you at some point or another.

But I didn't.
MB says he perma-banned me as retaliation.

This statement..."Unless you were racist or a spammer you could literally do whatever you wanted to regardless of who you were with the worst punishment being time out. I really don't care, I never have." I couldn't agree with more.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:02 pm Besides making you a Mod, what else is it that you want them to do differently. I read your complaints but I don’t see you offering any wise counsel on solutions, just bashing them.
I can't tell you exactly what I can do unless I see how they actually operate, what they know, etc. You don't bring in a consultant and ask them to fix your problems without letting them get a good look at your organization and how it operates.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:02 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:56 pm

But I didn't.

This statement..."Unless you were racist or a spammer you could literally do whatever you wanted to regardless of who you were with the worst punishment being time out. I really don't care, I never have." I couldn't agree with more.
When, and as retaliation for what? The only time I can recall someone being wrongfully banned was the time Alpha got out of his cage and banned someone. I don't even remember who it was but I do remember that we overturned the ban and revoked his access to the mod accounts afterwards.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:08 pm
Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:02 pm

When, and as retaliation for what? The only time I can recall someone being wrongfully banned was the time Alpha got out of his cage and banned someone. I don't even remember who it was but I do remember that we overturned the ban and revoked his access to the mod accounts afterwards.
It's been quite awhile. He said it was in retaliation for getting banned here. I had nothing to do with the banning, but I supported it.

I agree, there has to be rules, but a forum should be very lenient... even if arguing gets a bit "flavorful". But there are and should be limits. No family, no personal stuff (doxxed or otherwise).

If you wanna question intelligence, masculinity, that's all good for fun and games. Family and personal history are not, IMO.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:22 pm

It's been quite awhile. He said it was in retaliation for getting banned here. I had nothing to do with the banning, but I supported it.

I agree, there has to be rules, but a forum should be very lenient... even if arguing gets a bit "flavorful". But there are and should be limits. No family, no personal stuff (doxxed or otherwise).

If you wanna question intelligence, masculinity, that's all good for fun and games. Family and personal history are not, IMO.
There is arguing, then there is straight up toxic behavior that drives people away or prevents them from even joining to engage in discussion.

Should everyone agree? Fuck No.

Should someone be allowed to go around with constant racist subtext (and in many cases not subtext) inflaming everyone? In my opinion no... but that is my opinion and that hardly counts. Not my lane.

However, if one person was dumped and we capture/retained 10 that seems like a reasonable thing to do but I might be missing the intricacies.

As someone that was incredibly active on the OG board and through every iteration since... I find myself completely disinterested because it is just 100 post a day of the same inane content originating from one source targeting rando's constantly.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Family and personal history should be off limits when weaponized, but that's something that needs to be closely looked at when it occurs. Because people put their own information out there.

For instance: Posting someone's address and phone number, or using that information to threaten them is bad. Mentioning details about their life that they have willingly divested in a public setting in a post they may not agree with but is neither threatening nor inflammatory is not.

People should be protected from abuse but should also bear some level of responsibility for how much information they put out there. We're posting on a relatively anonymous forum under pseudonyms for a reason.

Edit: As for your ban, that's a little different than a quarrel between a mod and user on the same forum. But either way, if I can get into the mod account over there I'll overturn the ban if it's in the system.
Last edited by The Outsider on Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

You mean your name isn't Outsider? Son of a ...
Push the damned button already!
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

IronDog wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:56 pm You mean your name isn't Outsider? Son of a ...
It's slightly more biblical.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

For moving off grid and disappearing? I'm pretty sure he fell into a pile of manure and never escaped.

The only good thing WI ever did was start hosting the forum. Every decision he made after that affected the website in a detrimental manner.
I think the wife got tired of crapping in a bucket and offed him
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Selmon Rules wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:01 pm

That's up there on my theory board.

Meanwhile, over at the private section of BucZone...

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Does anyone know if he is alive?? I know he was planning on going off grid.

Edit: I see it’s already being discussed.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:04 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:01 pm

That's up there on my theory board.

Meanwhile, over at the private section of BucZone...

Haven't checked in at BZ for a long time....

I know where to go if I want to have Pete cuss me out though, for old times sake, lol
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:54 pm

Family and personal history should be off limits when weaponized, but that's something that needs to be closely looked at when it occurs. Because people put their own information out there.

For instance: Posting someone's address and phone number, or using that information to threaten them is bad. Mentioning details about their life that they have willingly divested in a public setting in a post they may not agree with but is neither threatening nor inflammatory is not.

People should be protected from abuse but should also bear some level of responsibility for how much information they put out there. We're posting on a relatively anonymous forum under pseudonyms for a reason.

Edit: As for your ban, that's a little different than a quarrel between a mod and user on the same forum. But either way, if I can get into the mod account over there I'll overturn the ban if it's in the system.
Oh NOW you don't think it should be weaponized. Before you use to not give a fuck at all and did so religiously. My how far youve come...
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Ok, thanks..
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:11 pm

Oh NOW you don't think it should be weaponized. Before you use to not give a fuck at all and did so religiously. My how far youve come...
I don't feel like re-hashing all of that so all I'm going to say is that I never threatened you, I never posted anything that you didn't put out there yourself, and at no point did I post any sort of information that could have compromised your identity beyond you having already linked your facebook account (rookie move) to one of the old boards.

Hell, I never even insulted your family members and I could have done that regardless of knowing anything about anyone.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:17 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:11 pm

I don't feel like re-hashing all of that so all I'm going to say is that I never threatened you, I never posted anything that you didn't put out there yourself, and at no point did I post any sort of information that could have compromised your identity beyond you having already linked your facebook account (rookie move) to one of the old boards.

Hell, I never even insulted your family members and I could have done that regardless of knowing anything about anyone.
Bullshit!
The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:58 pm

What's funnier is that you lied for years about having a job (the veracity of which is one of the easiest to verify), a dead wife, and 35 kids, and you STILL think you have any sort of credibility around here.

You're a joke.
The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:06 pm Okay, internet tough-guy. Fuck your wife and family. Well, your fake wife and family anyway.
And this is from this board, which kinda makes what @Moozician said hilarious seeing as the Mod team allowed this but banned @_MB_ and D5599 for doing way less.

You wanna kiss Mooz's ass in hopes that he gives you a mod spot? Pucker away. But stop with the Mother Teresa act.