Update: Board is not being Shutdown

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Board Shutdown

Post by mdb1958 »

Terry Tate is gonna wonder what happened.
ModX

Re: Update: Board is not being Shutdown

Post by ModX »

The Mod team is stepping up to prevent the board from being shut down. RIght now we are good and the board is not being shut down. We will keep you updated. Thank you all for your support, encouragement and most of all for being part of this community.
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

Pretty good points brought up here.
Learned a long time ago that there’s three sides to every story.
One side, the opposite side, and the truth.
It’s very important to be able to give posters a degree of latitude in terms of their postings. But there comes a point where it can get out of hand. Some of you are like kids in a playground. Can’t seem to let it go. And the result is chaos. Many of you are apparently adults. But as adults you seem to forget that there are other adults in the room.
If Mooz shut it down, I wouldn’t blame him. To see discussions quickly degenerate into expletive filled cat fights gets old. I guess that’s how forums are nowadays.

Some of you would NEVER speak to another adult in person the way you post to them here.
(Not within arms reach, anyway). There’s truth to the saying that goes, if you can’t say something nice, then don’t say anything.

Mooz, with all due respect, the biggest issue is that the inmates took control of the asylum. One thing is a little leeway. The other is carte blanche.

My apologies in advance to anyone I’ve anally injured with this post.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

lol at your last line
I said what I said

ModX

Post by ModX »

0-26 Survivor wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:54 pm Pretty good points brought up here.
Learned a long time ago that there’s three sides to every story.
One side, the opposite side, and the truth.
It’s very important to be able to give posters a degree of latitude in terms of their postings. But there comes a point where it can get out of hand. Some of you are like kids in a playground. Can’t seem to let it go. And the result is chaos. Many of you are apparently adults. But as adults you seem to forget that there are other adults in the room.
If Mooz shut it down, I wouldn’t blame him. To see discussions quickly degenerate into expletive filled cat fights gets old. I guess that’s how forums are nowadays.

Some of you would NEVER speak to another adult in person the way you post to them here.
(Not within arms reach, anyway). There’s truth to the saying that goes, if you can’t say something nice, then don’t say anything.

Mooz, with all due respect, the biggest issue is that the inmates took control of the asylum. One thing is a little leeway. The other is carte blanche.

My apologies in advance to anyone I’ve anally injured with this post.
Just for the record- Mooz didn’t really Moderate, he made a very conscious decision that that was not his jam. He had enough from being maligned on past boards and I do not blame him. So his role was that he simply set up the board and then 99% of the time, stepped back. He got a very unfair shake for it IMO.

So for clarity, any Moderation that was or was not done was the responsibility (or fault) of the Mod team. We continue to learn and discuss better ways to make this board thrive. As I said earlier, having posters refuse to engage with those are not good faith posters, as we look at better options to moderate, would go a long way to making this board different and sustainable in a way we have not had before.

More to come…
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I continue to support this place. If this place were to be shut down I would disappear forever, you could find Xandtar on a weather forum somewhere but that would be about it.

As for the other place, I haven't done anything to be banned there, but let me share a story from its predecessor. My younger offspring is going to graduate high school with honors and a state scholarship this year. But fifteen years or so ago, my kid had to go through pre-K-3 twice. At about that time, one of the regular posters decided to start calling me "Xantard". I sent this person a picture of me and my happy but disabled child and that the implication of retard was painful, with an explanation. This poster doubled down and my first ignore was placed. This person is still there and this person is neither forgotten nor forgiven. People like that is why I left under a cloud and then stayed away for about five years. People like that are why I'll never go back. I'd rather stick it out here, until it is no more, than even lurk that site.

My two cents.

Xandtar
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Xandtar wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:17 pm I continue to support this place. If this place were to be shut down I would disappear forever, you could find Xandtar on a weather forum somewhere but that would be about it.

As for the other place, I haven't done anything to be banned there, but let me share a story from its predecessor. My younger offspring is going to graduate high school with honors and a state scholarship this year. But fifteen years or so ago, my kid had to go through pre-K-3 twice. At about that time, one of the regular posters decided to start calling me "Xantard". I sent this person a picture of me and my happy but disabled child and that the implication of retard was painful, with an explanation. This poster doubled down and my first ignore was placed. This person is still there and this person is neither forgotten nor forgiven. People like that is why I left under a cloud and then stayed away for about five years. People like that are why I'll never go back. I'd rather stick it out here, until it is no more, than even lurk that site.

My two cents.

Xandtar
Ugh- this disgusts me to no end. I have so many friends close to me that have Downs Syndrome kids or those on the spectrum and I just hate this. I am so very sorry this happened to you and I am so glad your child does not know anything about it- I am sure they has encountered their own real life issues iwth idiots though and that is also horrific. They are lucky to have you as a dad. Thank you for being fierce in advocating for them. 💜
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I said what I said

Snake

Post by Snake »

The world can be cruel.
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

Xandtar, it’s a shame that there are lowlifes in our world, but inevitable. I remember we had the mantra way back of not feeding the troll. Some live here and love to come out of their hole and throw terds. Especially one in particular. Most of us ignore them entirely. What was done to you was nasty and cowardly. Your absence was a loss.
But I understand what you did. Can’t blame you.

Gods blessings to you and your daughter.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Agree, 0-26, and I will never understand why some folks simply want to ridicule others to get their dopamine hit.
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:06 pm Agree, 0-26, and I will never understand why some folks simply want to ridicule others to get their dopamine hit.
He, 0-26 that is, is part of that toxic culture. That's why he's basically saying to Xandtar that he needs to suck it up because people suck anyway. He posts here yet still talks shit and perpetuates bullshit "across the street".
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:25 am
Babeinbucland wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:06 pm Agree, 0-26, and I will never understand why some folks simply want to ridicule others to get their dopamine hit.
He, 0-26 that is, is part of that toxic culture. That's why he's basically saying to Xandtar that he needs to suck it up because people suck anyway. He posts here yet still talks shit and perpetuates bullshit "across the street".
That is your takeaway from his post? Was it the God’s blessing that he sent to Xander’s child, or was it when 0-26 said “WHat was done to you was nasty and cowardly”

No? Neither of those things? Oh, just you finding a way to turn a kind, warm, heartfelt post into something that you can stir the pot with. Yep. 100%. SMDMFH
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:50 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:25 am

That is your takeaway from his post? Was it the God’s blessing that he sent to Xander’s child, or was it when 0-26 said “WHat was done to you was nasty and cowardly”

No? Neither of those things? Oh, just you finding a way to turn a kind, warm, heartfelt post into something that you can stir the pot with. Yep. 100%. SMDMFH
It's nothing he's done to me. It's his Snake behavior and I'm sorry you're too naive to see it. He posts 1 thing here then talks his shit across the street, saying the exact opposite.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Jesus... It did not take long for Mooz's point to be so ironically made fact...

"Yes, get rid of the cancer!"
Goes right to being the cancer.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

And just think, my posts with simple laughing emoticons got deleted twice with not even an explanation. This community can be managed pretty easily. This community is decidedly not extremely cancerous. It also shows me how naive you guys are to how out of hand online communities can get if you think our shit is that bad.

As for the mods, stop being tiny, furry, cat-like creatures and do your fucking jobs right. Every single time you guys or Mooz does something it's more or less the dumbest possible option. This all makes you guys look like amateurs, which doesn't really instill a whole lot of respect for the process and team, if you catch my drift. That's part of why some people act the way they do, they know you guys are weak.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Oh, and for good measure...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:56 am
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:50 am

It's nothing he's done to me. It's his Snake behavior and I'm sorry you're too naive to see it. He posts 1 thing here then talks his shit across the street, saying the exact opposite.
I’m gonna start calling you DramaKingbootz because you just can’t enter any thread, no matter how innocuous and not start drama with someone, anyone.
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:42 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:56 am

I’m gonna start calling you DramaKingbootz because you just can’t enter any thread, no matter how innocuous and start drama with someone, anyone.
You're gonna call me a drama king because I can't start drama?
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 am And just think, my posts with simple laughing emoticons got deleted twice with not even an explanation. This community can be managed pretty easily. This community is decidedly not extremely cancerous. It also shows me how naive you guys are to how out of hand online communities can get if you think our shit is that bad.

As for the mods, stop being tiny, furry, cat-like creatures and do your fucking jobs right. Every single time you guys or Mooz does something it's more or less the dumbest possible option. This all makes you guys look like amateurs, which doesn't really instill a whole lot of respect for the process and team, if you catch my drift. That's part of why some people act the way they do, they know you guys are weak.
And Outsider, beside stealing my tiny furry kitten like creature analogy, that I coined over a decade ago (AND getting it wrong) why even bother to post here and target the Mods? I don’t understand why you stay if you hate it that much. Why not just leave?

And please feel free to call me naive lol but what I see is that “The way some people act the way they do” is basically you, nybf. But no matter how many times the two of you whine about the Mods, the rest of us just want to make this board a fun place.

You aren’t going to change the way the Mod team moderates and for the most part most of us are fine with that. So please, if y’all don’t like it show yourself out. I know I am not alone when I say I am so disgusted yours and nybf vitriol got Mooz to consider shutting down this board. At this point The negativity around here lies squarely on nybf and your shoulders. Go to Buczone and celebrate in your thread where you say “WE DID IT” when it looked like this board was going to be shutdown. Perhaps all of the 6 posters over there think you are heroic, but here, by many, y’all’s antics are viewed exactly for what they are - a couple of petty guys (Buc fans no less) who simply want to sabotage this board. Why? Why does sabotaging this board get you so hard? To the rest of us it appears malicious and unwarranted.

And yes, I am fully aware this post will get me targeted :roll: so be it. Just stop and let the rest of us have a decent board we want. Or perhaps, according to you, the board we deserve.
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
I said what I said

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

And she wants to call me DramaKingBootz
:roll:
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:05 am And she wants to call me DramaKingBootz
:roll:
It looks like she wants to be your drama queen
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:02 am
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 am And just think, my posts with simple laughing emoticons got deleted twice with not even an explanation. This community can be managed pretty easily. This community is decidedly not extremely cancerous. It also shows me how naive you guys are to how out of hand online communities can get if you think our shit is that bad.

And Outsider, beside stealing my tiny furry kitten like creature analogy, that I coined over a decade ago (AND getting it wrong) why even bother to post here and target the Mods? I don’t understand why you stay if you hate it that much. Why not just leave?

And please feel free to call me naive lol but what I see is that “The way some people act the way they do” is basically you, nybf. But no matter how many times the two of you whine about the Mods, the rest of us just want to make this board a fun place.

You aren’t going to change the way the Mod team moderates and for the most part most of us are fine with that. So please, if y’all don’t like it show yourself out. I know I am not alone when I say I am so disgusted yours and nybf vitriol got Mooz to consider shutting down this board. At this point The negativity around here lies squarely on nybf and your shoulders. Go to Buczone and celebrate in your thread where you say “WE DID IT” when it looked like this board was going to be shutdown. Perhaps all of the 6 posters over there think you are heroic, but here, by many, y’all’s antics are viewed exactly for what they are - a couple of petty guys (Buc fans no less) who simply want to sabotage this board. Why? Why does sabotaging this board get you so hard? To the rest of us it appears malicious and unwarranted.

And yes, I am fully aware this post will get me targeted :roll: so be it. Just stop and let the rest of us have a decent board we want. Or perhaps, according to you, the board we deserve.
Settle down, bitch, I'm not interested in you.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

You don’t appear interested in anything except bring this board down. The majority here are not supporting your efforts. Please stop.
I said what I said

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:37 pm You don’t appear interested in anything except bring this board down. The majority here are not supporting your efforts. Please stop.
If I wanted this board down it would be down, I don't need anyone to pull the plug to achieve that. I just want the people running the board to do better. It is because of their gross mismanagement that we have repeated situations like this occur.

It's not my fault you're too dense to see that.
Rocker wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:05 am
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:17 pm Sounds good to me, man. Good luck.
Out of respect, I’m letting you know I’m done “here”. I took the liberty of asking the mods and Mooz to invite you onboard the management team.

If you need to get hold of me for anything, Swashy/Mooz/PM can help with that.

All the best, sincerely.

- Censored because he used his real name

Clearly that's a message string between a belligerent, unreasonable malcontent and the (at the time) Admin.

Don't talk about shit you don't know anything about, Babe.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Oh, and don't worry guys, I found the password to the Lounge.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:50 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:37 pm You don’t appear interested in anything except bring this board down. The majority here are not supporting your efforts. Please stop.
If I wanted this board down it would be down, I don't need anyone to pull the plug to achieve that. I just want the people running the board to do better.
With all that power- why not use it for good? Is it possible for you to help make this board vibrant without being a moderator? Like being a poster in good faith or simply being kinder. No need to shit on the board because you don’t like the way it is being moderated. The is NO BOARD IN EXISTENCE that all posters like how it is moderated lol
So maybe think of creative positive ways to help in an actuall constructive way instead of a malicious malcontent way.

Of course It is always easier to destroy then to build. But THAT (destroying) for sure is the weak and un creative way. DO better.
I said what I said

Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm Of course It is always easier to destroy then to build.
Well, yeah. If you didn't, you'd be building on top of preexisting building.

Unless you meant it's easier to destroy than build. Completely different sentence.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:42 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:50 pm

If I wanted this board down it would be down, I don't need anyone to pull the plug to achieve that. I just want the people running the board to do better.
Is it possible for you to help without being a moderator? Like being a poster in good faith or simply being kinder. No need to shit on the board because you don;t like the way it is being run. Help in a constructive way instead of a malicious malcontent way. It is always easier to destroy then to build. DO better.

We are reaching neutron star levels of density right now.

I can't help anything if I'm a user on the outside of the process. I don't need to moderate, but I need to at least be a part of the discussion on the inside because I can't tell them what changes need to be made if I don't know the dynamics of the team.

I had a good dialogue going with the previous Admin, Rocker, to the point that he suggested they bring me on board. I haven't heard a thing about it since he peaced-out. Do you think he would have suggested they bring me on board if he didn't think my experience would be valuable?

Clearly the remainder of the mods disagree, and that's fine, but I'm not going to sit around and ignore incompetency, especially after I've offered to help and been turned down and I certainly have no real incentive to be nice about it either considering it's the same basic level mistakes time and time again.

If some strong language hurts your feelies that badly I suggest you utilize the ignore function. I have no problem with you personally but I don't care to adjust the way I operate simply because you don't like it.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Babe is he talking about the lack of transparency and the two sets of rules? Who can read the personal messages at Buczone and who can read the personal messages at IABL?

The dude choose's who and how he talks to people. Everyone hanging out at Buczone, Pete, nybf, MB, Irondog, and I bet Outsider too all seem to know who even reads the forum. I guess our guys have these great set of tools also at their disposal.

This thing isnt about a select few - it's about the whole group.

I said it weeks ago - complicit.
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:09 pm The dude choose's who and how he talks to people.
Do you not choose who you talk to? Does someone make that choice for you?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

who and how
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Are you favor for friend or alt account?
Puss in Boots

Post by Puss in Boots »

Sorry, I thought you spoke English.