And the nominees are....

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

And the nominees are....

Post by King Bootz »

Snake

Re: And the nominees are....

Post by Snake »

Geno Smith for CPOTY
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:05 am Geno Smith for CPOTY
That, Mahomes for MVP and Bosa for DPOY are the only 3 I'd consider to be guarantees.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

If the Bengals with QB Joe Burrow win the SB, he will have defeated teams led by Josh Allen, Mahomes and possibly Hurts if the Eagles get past the 49's. If he does that, how could anyone deny him the MVP award.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:28 pm If the Bengals with QB Joe Burrow win the SB, he will have defeated teams led by Josh Allen, Mahomes and possibly Hurts if the Eagles get past the 49's. If he does that, how could anyone deny him the MVP award.
MVP is a regular season award. The NFL Honors are held before the SB.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Purdy has to be the lock for OROTY.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 pm Purdy has to be the lock for OROTY.
ehhh...he played less than half a season.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 pm Purdy has to be the lock for OROTY.
If you're going that route, should be MVP then. Niners were undefeated with him at QB and he posted the highest passer rating in football. Only problem is he doesn't qualify for being recognized because he doesn't have the snaps. I think this might be the case for OROTY.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Give me:

MVP - Mahomes (the best player in the NFL and its not very close at this point...play and leadership and chemistry and example...total package)

OPotY - Neither WR has more than 8 TDs. Hurts missed a game and Mahomes wins every advanced and gross stat. Again, not close. Mahomes.

DPotY - This one is really close between Parsons and Bosa. Their advanced Pass Rush and Run Stop metrics are both so close. They're both utterly dominant forces on defense. But Bosa has 4 more Sacks (he's a better/more reliable finisher in both Pass Rush and Run Defense than Parsons) and that is where the difference is. Jones great in Pass Rush but just not a dominant enough force in Run D to compete with these two.

ORotY - Walker is out imo. Not enough dominant play and virtually nothing in the passing game. Its really whether you like Wilson's very solid numbers despite the absolute abysmal QBing situation in NYJ vs Purdy's absolutely excellent play (with a heaping helping of Shanahan + great Skill Players) in limited sample size. I know Purdy is the mega-feel-good story here, but his Big Time Throw % is extremely low because they manufacture so many easy QB plays in that offense (and yes, I have seen some incredible BTTs and plays by Purdy in that offense). I don't think Purdy is a fluke. I've watched the 49ers tape and this kid is absolutely legit and there is no chance I have anyone starting but him game 1 next year. I just don't feel like I could give him ORotY over Wilson when he only has 7 Reg Season games onder his belt. I don't feel great about it because of all the stud Rookie WRs recently and only 4 TDs, but give me Wilson and that awful QBing situation.

DRotY - Gardner. Easy.

CBPotY - I'll take Smith.

CotY - 3 QBs with 2 of them having top tier advanced metrics and one of them being a 7th round pick? I'll take Shanahan over Sirianni.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@Nobody I have the same exact selections. For some reason this year most, if not all of these seem pretty obvious this year.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I want to give it to Hurts like everyone else but I can't justify taking it from Mahomes.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

MVP Mahomes - The anti lafaq Jackson
OPotY Mahomes - Duhhh
DPOTY - Bosa
ORotY - What a terrible rookie year... have to go with the long consistency. Wilson
DROTY - Gardner
CBPOTY - Geno... not even close.
COTY - QB's dropping like flies and still in the NFCC... Shanahan
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

MVP (Best QB award)- Mahomes
OPOY (Best non-QB Offense player) - Jefferson
DPOY- Bosa
OROTY- Wilson
DROTY- Gardner
CBPOTY- Smith
COTY- Sirianni

The race between Hurts and Mahomes is close. Frankly, if not for the injury, Hurts would be a lock. Typically MVP is best QB on best team award, especially if that QB has a great season. Hurts gets honorary runner-up MVP award.

The voters don’t like giving OPOY to a QB and also don’t like giving it to the same player who won MVP. Jefferson will win this year. He’s the only non-QB in MVP consideration. That deserves some recognition.

I see the argument for Purdy, but I can’t imagine a player with 7 games getting the award. Purdy is good, but his team is amazing. Let’s not get carried away. I know the voters like to get carried away, but they cast their ballots before the post season, so they can’t change it now that Purdy is in the NFCCG. Unfortunately, like MVP, this award is often “best rookie QB” award, so the voters may surprise me.

Personally, I’d give CPOTY to Barkley. He was elite this year and carried the Giants. He actually came back from something. Gino just came back from the bench. That said, he’s a QB, so sorry Barkley, we all know where this is going.

Typically, COTY goes to the new kid on the block. Shannahan was competing for a SB last year. Can’t imagine him getting the nod, otherwise, you could make the case for Reid to win every year. Has to be Sirianni. He went from wild card to truly elite and #1 seed + sniffing the NFL sacks record. It has to be him. Plus, gotta throw Philly fans a bone after Hurts missing out, otherwise, they may just riot. My honorable mention would be Doug Peterson. To take that dumpster fire last year in Jacksonville and turn it around is impressive. They’re certainly the biggest jump for any team from this season to last season.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Brock didn’t play enough

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake

Post by Snake »

Don’t disagree with any of these so far.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

OPTY is debatable to me. The “best” offensive player of the year scored 8 times this year……
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:33 pm
Yeah, he deserves it. Hutchinson is great too. He wins 2022 Pepsi Rookie of the Year anyway
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Don't forget Breece.

What a class.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

1st head scratcher.

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:03 pm 1st head scratcher.

He took tear it down tank giants to the playoffs. Because winners win.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake

Post by Snake »

Mahomes could literally win 10 MVPs if the reporters don’t get tired of it.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:07 pm Mahomes could literally win 10 MVPs if the reporters don’t get tired of it.
Unfortunately, I doubt they will.

There are some idiots already calling him the GOAT, and more will join them if the worst case scenario occurs and the Chiefs win this weekend.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:07 pm Mahomes could literally win 10 MVPs if the reporters don’t get tired of it.
A down year for him is better than most QBs could dream.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:27 pm
Unfortunately, I doubt they will.

There are some idiots already calling him the GOAT, and more will join them if the worst case scenario occurs and the Chiefs win this weekend.
He's gone to the Superbowl three times in the past five years, and just won his second MVP.

He's young still, but he's pretty good at football.