The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BJJ34

Re: The Official Jameis Winston Thread

Post by BJJ34 »

Our division QB’s:

Jameis Winston/Andy Dalton
Sam Darnold/Whoever the fuck they draft in a weak QB draft.
Same as above, they have no one.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

PetePierson wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:23 am The lack of self-awareness with this fucking fool and Human Turonver Machine is impressive.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/arti ... a13ba.html

Without Payton, we are settling the line at 22.5 turnovers (assuming Rapey doesn't blow out another knee).

Daddy is taking the over
"I was curious to see, ‘If you want me to lead this team, what do you think about me? What do you believe that I can accomplish with this team? And are you willing to grow with me and allow this team to get built around me as the quarterback?’" Winston said.
Confirmed, he just needs more time.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:32 pm
PetePierson wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:23 am The lack of self-awareness with this fucking fool and Human Turonver Machine is impressive.

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/arti ... a13ba.html

Without Payton, we are settling the line at 22.5 turnovers (assuming Rapey doesn't blow out another knee).

Daddy is taking the over
"I was curious to see, ‘If you want me to lead this team, what do you think about me? What do you believe that I can accomplish with this team? And are you willing to grow with me and allow this team to get built around me as the quarterback?’" Winston said.
Confirmed, he just needs more time.
There's a fine line between "unwavering self-confidence" and "arrogant delusion" and Jameis passed that line two time zones ago.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

It's pretty funny all the Winston haters now are the same guys that attacked me for wanting to pass on him in the draft, LOL.

Man did I take a lot of heat for talking about his off field problems, his increased picks his last year in college and so on.

BbbBuuut Patrick, the Bucs have fully vetted him, we're going to the SB if we get him!!!!

Now when the guy is young, experienced and fairly cheap they think he's the worst QB in the league.

He's better now than when you idiots wanted to draft him first overall and pass on all the goods we could have gotten, LOL.

Casuals aren't just wrong, they are usually 100% wrong.

So glad a couple of these guys came crawling over here to the big boy's site. :)
Patrick McIrish

PetePierson wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:51 am Meh, that meltdown was fairl epic.

Wow man, PROPS!!! You're so cool!!

You making another long-term Bucs fan melt down? YOU DA MAN!!!

And then maybe bully Mooz or some other laid back fan so your fat ass can feel better about yourself, LOL.

It would almost be comical if not so pathetic.

Rage is just depression turned outwards......

I realize he's a fat fuck but still no reason to attack Buc fans so he can feel better about himself.

Why not a diet or gym membership instead? :lol: :lol:

We move on.
Patrick McIrish

Back to topic.....

Winston in the right situation is plenty good enough to win a SB ring with.

(Same thing I said about Trent Dilfer the year he left the Bucs)

Not sayin', just sayin'.
Patrick McIrish

:lol: :lol: :lol:

G O T

H I M !!!!!!!

Patrick McIrish

I always say if you lie about me I'll tell the truth about you!

Man that was a lot of work Pete, enjoyed the reads though, thank you.

The sad part is you know none of that is true about me while we both know everything I say is true about you.

You're an obese loser with nothing to live for......

Oh and there's that thing about liking young boys!

Walked through the Sheriff's office one night and I heard quite clearly......

SHOW ME ON THE DUMMY WHERE PETE TOUCHED YOU!!!!

(Has the Bullying started yet or is this it???)
Patrick McIrish

I think the meltdown has begun....... :D :D
Patrick McIrish

I'm not offended, I'm flattered! To have guys going back 20 years for material and then SAVING IT ALL THIS TIME!!??

That was a beat down Fat Pete will never be able to move past, LOL.

I wish the real PMI was around to see the skull fing he put on a few of these clowns!!!

These BZ weenies are going to make the off-season a 'ton' of fun....

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:00 am Back to topic.....

(Same thing I said about Trent Dilfer the year he left the Bucs)

Not sayin', just sayin'.
Seems to happen to ex-Buccaneers QBs. (Williams, Young, DIlfer). Though, if I am honest, Winston reminds me more of Testeverde. A strong-armed QB who is turnover prone. Vinny was supposedly color blind and Winston was Near Sighted.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:00 am Back to topic.....

Not exactly a hot take there. You could say the same thing about 20 other QBs.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Tell me somebody is in your head without telling me somebody is in your head.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Winston’s best chance at success was with the Saints and Payton. Payton tried very, very hard to give the job to Hill instead of Winston. Highly doubt he’ll go much further than being another former first round pick that ends up a middle of the pack QB for his career. At least he didn’t have a Russell level flameout.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

My favorite McIrish story is the one about him assaulting the elderly. I mean, I hate old people too but I don't Will Smith them.
nybf

Post by nybf »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 am My favorite McIrish story is the one about him assaulting the elderly. I mean, I hate old people too but I don't Will Smith them.
What about the one where he was sucking that guy's dick in the bushes at halftime of a super bowl party because he's too manly to watch halftime shows.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

nybf wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:57 am
The Outsider wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 am My favorite McIrish story is the one about him assaulting the elderly. I mean, I hate old people too but I don't Will Smith them.
What about the one where he was sucking that guy's dick in the bushes at halftime of a super bowl party because he's too manly to watch halftime shows.
I thought I'd drank that memory away. Thanks, though.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:22 am
He's better now than when you idiots wanted to draft him first overall and pass on all the goods we could have gotten, LOL.
I wasn't on these boards back during the draft. I remember I was eating dinner at a restaurant. I was facing a TV and when Winston was selected, I said damn it! I didn't want any QB for this draft. Who I really wanted was Amari Cooper.

That said, he is better than he was a rookie. I can honestly say watching all his passes last year up to the game we played him, he was still inaccurate as he ever was. So while he might be "better" as a game manager, I don't see him ever being accurate in a vertical offense.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:34 pm
Patrick McIrish wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:22 am
I wasn't on these boards back during the draft. I remember I was eating dinner at a restaurant. I was facing a TV and when Winston was selected, I said damn it! I didn't want any QB for this draft. Who I really wanted was Amari Cooper.

That said, he is better than he was a rookie. I can honestly say watching all his passes last year up to the game we played him, he was still inaccurate as he ever was. So while he might be "better" as a game manager, I don't see him ever being accurate in a vertical offense.
Funny Story:

I was in a hotel room when that draft happened. It's the only draft I didn't watch with my son. He calls me when Winston is picked and he's WEEPING. He's like 8 and he didn't cry when he fell off a chair and cracked his skull, but he's bawling. I try to calm him down. I say, "He'll be fine, he's good" and my son is like, "He won't be good IF HE'S IN PRISON!"

Bonus Story: The next day, I'm changing planes in Chicago, and that's where that draft was held, and there are a handful of dudes who'd been drafted the previous night milling around bullshitting. The one guy I get to talk to? Breshad Perriman, who had just been taken by the Ravens. Really nice dude.
Let's roll another joint
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:53 pm
kaimaru wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:34 pm

Funny Story:

I was in a hotel room when that draft happened. It's the only draft I didn't watch with my son. He calls me when Winston is picked and he's WEEPING. He's like 8 and he didn't cry when he fell off a chair and cracked his skull, but he's bawling. I try to calm him down. I say, "He'll be fine, he's good" and my son is like, "He won't be good IF HE'S IN PRISON!"

Bonus Story: The next day, I'm changing planes in Chicago, and that's where that draft was held, and there are a handful of dudes who'd been drafted the previous night milling around bullshitting. The one guy I get to talk to? Breshad Perriman, who had just been taken by the Ravens. Really nice dude.
Maybe Licht should consult your son. Thanks for the stories.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I love how notorious "draft for need" posters are also now "I told you we should've passed on Winston! And all the QBs of that class!" during a year when we had literally nothing at QB.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:29 pm I love how notorious "draft for need" posters are also now "I told you we should've passed on Winston! And all the QBs of that class!" during a year when we had literally nothing at QB.
We literally had nothing at QB because we didn't try to re-sign McCown. Hoyer was picked up on a one year deal. We could have used a bridge QB for the next draft, but for some reason Licht thought a near sighted QB who won't wear glasses or contacts was THE FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK because look at that arm strength!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You're right.

Yeah sure, the two draft classes before had Blake Bortles/Johnny Manziel and EJ Manuel/Geno Smith as their top QB selected.

And sure, the motto for teams in the running for the top pick that season was literally "Winless for Winston" who had just won a national championship.

For some unexplainable reason, Licht chose to draft a QB instead of...

*checks notes*

signing McCown or Hoyer to bridge us to the next draft class where we would hopefully be picking high enough to have a shot at the great QB draft class of...

*check notes*

Goff/ Wentz/ Lynch.

Licht is a quack.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I'm just saying we sucked for awhile by then. We were going to continue to suck. I didn't like Winston or Mariota. The front office fell in love with "four-eyes without two of them at game time" Winston. I knew about the Squinston, I watched all of his games the season before the draft, as I watched Mariota's games as well. Mariota never called plays or used a snap count in college. I believe there was a report that BA said that Mariota wasn't playing quarterback since they held up signs on the sideline and he would kick his foot to run a play.

I also am saying I didn't want them to draft someone, I just preferred we picked up another weapon on offense. I wouldn't have mind if our #2 pick was a QB. I'm just telling you my perspective at the time. /end
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

And just who which QB would have wanted them to take with their second pick and wasted five years on? Garrett Grayson, Sean Mannion, Bryce Petty?

See the problem with hindsight is that it cuts both ways.

The truth is that from pretty much 2010 when Stafford was drafted up until the 2017 class of Mahomes/Watson the only top QB prospect to actually pan out was Andrew Luck and he played half a career. So unless you happen to be the #1 pick in 2012.... sucks for you.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

I still say Brice Petty is a victim of circumstance like many Jets QBs of the last decade.

Dude could sling it. Right situation and he had a chance to be a decent QB in the NFL.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I kinda gotta jump in and say something.

Mike Glennon, since he's left Tampa, has been bad. He's not only not developed, he's regressed. I don't think anyone would argue with that. His best fate now is getting another 3 or 4 years holding a clipboard. It's over for him.

BUT...

The revisionist history has become that he had no potential, or he couldn't play, and we had no choice but to move on from him ASAP. That's not true.

Lovie and Co. screwed him the hell over in 2014. The kid was coming off of a damn solid rookie season, considering. We were a bad team. He didn't get any first team reps until ten minutes before he became the starter. Schiano was a joke and the locker room was crumbling around us.

Glennon came in under those conditions, had a better than 2-1 TD/INT, completed about 60%, had respectable metrics. He went 4-4 over his last 8 starts that year while Schiano blitzed the kneel downs. Next to Vincent Jackson, his best receiver was Tim Wright. His leading rusher was Bobby Rainey. Brian Leonard and Tiquan Underwood played prominent roles in the offense. Still, he had a rookie year where, if a first rounder had it under those conditions, you'd feel like the future was bright.

Lovie comes in, signs his buddy from Chicago Josh McCown, and refuses to give Glennon a shot at the job. McCown is DREADFUL. He's just awful. 11 TDs, 14 INTs, 56% completed, sacked about 1 out of every 8 dropbacks. Glennon, when he did get time because of injuries? He leads the best win of the season against the Steelers. He throws 10 TDs to 6 INTs. He plays more aggressively and shows signs of real growth.

But by then, it's over. He was "beaten out" by Josh McCown on the worst team in the league. Winston and Mariota are both seen as potential franchise guys. The end.

I BELIEVE there is a universe where Lovie doesn't screw Glennon over. He gets 16 more starts. He shows promise. And if we still pick first despite that (possible), we trade the pick for a friggin' brinks truck of draft capital and we build around him.

Would this have yielded a Superbowl? Probably not. Neither did Jameis or Mariota.

But can we please stop pretending Glennon was Bruce Gradkowski?
Let's roll another joint
Dread

Post by Dread »

_MB_ wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:42 pm I still say Brice Petty is a victim of circumstance like many Jets QBs of the last decade.

Dude could sling it. Right situation and he had a chance to be a decent QB in the NFL.
You're a funny guy.

Bryce Petty sucked. Sure he had a good arm, so did JaMarcus Russell and a host of other QBs who could not play a lick at the NFL level.

None of the 32 teams will even let him hold a clipboard with the hope he can/could develop.
Last edited by Dread on Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

MJW wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:53 am
Would this have yielded a Superbowl? Probably not. Neither did Jameis or Mariota.
But Jameis did yield a SB by setting us up for Brady. It’s the butterfly effect.

Your alternate universe theory is interesting, and probably fair, but I don’t want to imagine a universe without Tom Brady hoisting the Lombardi as a Buc.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Dread wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:17 am
_MB_ wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:42 pm I still say Brice Petty is a victim of circumstance like many Jets QBs of the last decade.

You're a funny guy.

Bryce Petty sucked. Sure he had a good arm, so did JaMarcus Russell and a host of other QBs who could play a lick at the NFL level.

None of the 32 teams will even let him hold a clipboard with the hope he can/could develop.
Petty disagreement if you ask me.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:48 am
MJW wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:53 am
But Jameis did yield a SB by setting us up for Brady. It’s the butterfly effect.

Your alternate universe theory is interesting, and probably fair, but I don’t want to imagine a universe without Tom Brady hoisting the Lombardi as a Buc.
Actually that is more of a reflection on Licht. He put together an uber talented team, but didn't have the right signal caller. The key in the post Brady years is to get a talented QB and hope the drop off is minimal. There will be some drop off because no one will ever be Tom Brady.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I actually liked Bruce Gradkowski. Many moons ago I updated the batched draft class to Madden and this Gradkoski guy would go on to win SB MVP on a sim. Then we drafted it. Didn't go the same well.

For me it's still a what if about Josh Johnson and Jon Gruden.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Can anyone remember a time where a team just straight up moved on from it's former #1 overall player who was supposed to be the face of the franchise and that team completely turns it around and wins a title?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

These Are The Days wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:56 pm Can anyone remember a time where a team just straight up moved on from it's former #1 overall player who was supposed to be the face of the franchise and that team completely turns it around and wins a title?
None that come to mind.
Don't tread on me
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

These Are The Days wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:56 pm Can anyone remember a time where a team just straight up moved on from it's former #1 overall player who was supposed to be the face of the franchise and that team completely turns it around and wins a title?
The Rams and Jared Goff just last year.