The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Dread

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by Dread »

DK Metcalf looked like a beast on that play.

Jameis playing from behind while throwing a wet ball should be #exciting.
BLT

Post by BLT »

DK metcalf a one man cold
BLT

Post by BLT »

Jameis with the Josh freeman Vikings meme throw
BLT

Post by BLT »

Aaaand Alvin Kamara gets the ball on second and long even though telegraphed

Ok I’m done
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:35 pm Jameis with the Josh freeman Vikings meme throw
funny how winston is winning games, now that he was a compenent kicker.. saints have had 4 seperate kicers this year, but they hit on this kid.. i have seen so many games lost by winston in tampa due to shitty kicker like matt gay
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:54 am
BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:35 pm Jameis with the Josh freeman Vikings meme throw
funny how winston is winning games, now that he was a compenent kicker.. saints have had 4 seperate kicers this year, but they hit on this kid.. i have seen so many games lost by winston in tampa due to shitty kicker like matt gay
We’ve been over this, and someone even broke down each loss to see if it really was the kickers fault… I’ll give you a hint… it wasn’t
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

We’ve been over this, and someone even broke down each loss to see if it really was the kickers fault… I’ll give you a hint… it wasn’t
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

BLT

Post by BLT »

God damn Bucs kickers with a historic amount of turnovers during Jameis tenure.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Amazing how many int’s the kickers threw
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Jameis is sooo good he made the Seahawks pass defense move up two spots from 31st in pass yards allowed to 29th! Great to see him making the players around him better.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

acmillis wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:37 am

Matt gay missed 3 kicks in Winston’s final game as a buc( in a game that went to overtime), Matt gay missed a chip shot fig that would have beat the giants in 2019. So yes fog kicking does matter. Bucs would have lost to the cowboys without Ryan succoup
Last edited by BlackTrumpFan on Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:49 am Amazing how many int’s the kickers threw
What’s gonna be your excuse when Winston wins this sunday. Y’all gonna blame Todd Bowles and leftwich. I know how y’all roll
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:45 pm
Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:49 am Amazing how many int’s the kickers threw
What’s gonna be your excuse when Winston wins this sunday. Y’all gonna blame Todd Bowles and leftwich. I know how y’all roll
😂 he isn’t gonna win this Sunday, you should figure out what your excuse will be trump boy
Dread

Post by Dread »

For posterity
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:02 pm

😂 he isn’t gonna win this Sunday, you should figure out what your excuse will be trump boy
Winston is gonna win, and the mods here instead of admitting I was right, will ban me
BLT

Post by BLT »

Shall we make a deal?
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

I'm listening. Any ban bets are strictly enforced. If terms and conditions are agreed on I will oblige to them. There are no take-backs here.

-LV
nybf

Post by nybf »

Not sure how anything on this board can be taken seriously when you let a lazy shitbag troll fuck up thread after thread after thread. But good to see the staff in here encouraging this shit.
TBfan

Post by TBfan »

Why is there a Winston thread ? Still so active, people do know he's been gone almost a season and a half now right ? Anyone really believe we'd be better off with him then Brady ?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

TBfan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:13 pm Why is there a Winston thread ? Still so active, people do know he's been gone almost a season and a half now right ? Anyone really believe we'd be better off with him then Brady ?
BlackTrumpFan sure does.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Define Irony:

Jameis Winston is winning games with the Saints the way many assumed Brady would be winning games here. Defense, running, (very) high percentage passing.

In the meantime, Brady is going to make a run at 50/5000 this year.

Jameis has become the new Rex Grossman.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 pm
TBfan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:13 pm Why is there a Winston thread ? Still so active, people do know he's been gone almost a season and a half now right ? Anyone really believe we'd be better off with him then Brady ?
BlackTrumpFan sure does.

Those kickers are a real pain man.

You know what? I'm gonna say it. Bootz was right. It did get personal with me and I owe you an apology sir. I'm watching this and getting absolutely furious. This guy gets 5 years, hundreds of snaps to make right and I can lose my job in 10 days for not being fast enough discharging people and spending 6 days on a floor where no one gets discharged. #Lifeisn'tfair
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:37 am

Matt gay missed 3 kicks in Winston’s final game as a buc( in a game that went to overtime), Matt gay missed a chip shot fig that would have beat the giants in 2019. So yes fog kicking does matter. Bucs would have lost to the cowboys without Ryan succoup
If JW had protected the football, instead of Easter-egging to all of the other guys, the FG kicker would never have been in that position.
Push the damned button already!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:41 am
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:44 pm

If JW had protected the football, instead of Easter-egging to all of the other guys, the FG kicker would never have been in that position.
The same goes for his entire 5 years here. If he could have protected the ball better he'd still be the Bucs starting QB and Brady would be playing for the Chargers.
Don't tread on me
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:08 am
IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:41 am

The same goes for his entire 5 years here. If he could have protected the ball better he'd still be the Bucs starting QB and Brady would be playing for the Chargers.
So you're saying his 5-yr tenure in Tampa should be looked at as a gift? Truly, a mystifying idea. Really stretches the faith.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:21 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:08 am
So you're saying his 5-yr tenure in Tampa should be looked at as a gift? Truly, a mystifying idea. Really stretches the faith.
Actually, no, I'm not saying that at all. If JW wasn't Mr. Turnover for 5 years, I'd venture to say the Bucs would have already been a perennial playoff team. Perhaps even a SB winner. Who knows? But that's not JW as we're all fully aware. I was just playing the what-if game that you started.
Don't tread on me
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23 am
IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:21 am

Actually, no, I'm not saying that at all. If JW wasn't Mr. Turnover for 5 years, I'd venture to say the Bucs would have already been a perennial playoff team. Perhaps even a SB winner. Who knows? But that's not JW as we're all fully aware. I was just playing the what-if game that you started.
That's cool, I understand. But.....do you think the level of excitement we all (well most of us anyway) are experiencing now, with having suffered thru those 5 years, would be greater or lesser had those 5 miserable "God he really CAN'T be that stupid" years not been waded thru? In other words, do you think the QB we would have driving the bus, or even the coaching carousel we've dealt with over that same time, would have been of the caliber we have now? You did indicate you would have expected to have TB12 in powder blue, so who would you think we would have there? Maybe one of the young heroes out there now? Do you think those 5 years just blended into the aggregate misery surrounding this team since most of its existence?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:42 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23 am
That's cool, I understand. But.....do you think the level of excitement we all (well most of us anyway) are experiencing now, with having suffered thru those 5 years, would be greater or lesser had those 5 miserable "God he really CAN'T be that stupid" years not been waded thru? In other words, do you think the QB we would have driving the bus, or even the coaching carousel we've dealt with over that same time, would have been of the caliber we have now? You did indicate you would have expected to have TB12 in powder blue, so who would you think we would have there? Maybe one of the young heroes out there now? Do you think those 5 years just blended into the aggregate misery surrounding this team since most of its existence?
That was very confusing. Are you saying that if Brady had chosen the Chargers AND we had to find someone other than JW who that someone would have been? If so, my answer is that I have no clue. In my what-if, I was saying IF JW had not been a human turnover machine, he'd still be starting for the Bucs. Full stop.
Don't tread on me
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

copy that.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 pm
BlackTrumpFan sure does.
Please note he never disputed my statement.
Brady600

Post by Brady600 »

Jameis Winston's final season stats( dont know how he will return from his devasting knee injury), but he was showing that he could lead a team to the playoffs even without a true number 1 pass catcher

Last edited by Brady600 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MJW

Post by MJW »

^ That has HUGE Lil Beej energy, all that.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
nybf

Post by nybf »

I've got $1 that says that's BlackTrumpFan. Any takers?
Dread

Post by Dread »

Brady600 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:09 amJameis Winston's final season stats( dont know how he will return from his devasting knee injury), but he was showing that he could lead a team to the playoffs even without a true number 1 pass catcher
Your boy was also near the bottom of the league in completion % despite having one of the lowest AYPA (Air Yards Per Attempt), which means he attempted alot of short passes.

I'm also not one to harp on passing yards since alot of passing yards get accumulated by QBs on losing teams in garbage time. But your boy was near the bottom there also.

So yeah, "leading" from the bottom once again.

Good luck in his recovery though. The league is certainly more #exciting when he's playing and being a goofball. I would've liked to see how Jameis played once/if Sean Payton took the training wheels off him and stopped calling plays like he was an undrafted rookie QB.

Maybe next year. He just needs more time.